Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,137 members, 7,814,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 - Travel (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 (274784 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (267) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Yeewah: 8:35am On Aug 06, 2023
Rhamzy94:
Good morning everyone, I just received a BRP mail from UKVI but my tracker is still at DMC. Is that something to worry about?

Cos it's the weekend, congratulations

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by LiftedMan: 8:39am On Aug 06, 2023
Hello duchess90

I applied for my study visa in Qatar via Vfs global, is it possible to track my visa application through the TLS contact site? The vfs tracking is not comprehensive like that of TLS

Regards
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by walex25(m): 8:41am On Aug 06, 2023
Thank you for this well detailed response.

duchess90:
Hello

You won't need a TB test

Your final return is less than 6months

You have lived in the UK before then and it isn't a requirement there

Ensure you put a cover letter stating why you didn't supply any TB certificate plus your stamps to show entry and exit and refer to them in your cover letter

Your cover letter should have statements like this:

Guidance on Tuberculosis tests for visa applicants states that "You will not need a TB test if any of the following apply: you lived for at least 6 months in a country where TB screening is not required by the UK, and you’ve been away from that country for no more than 6 months"

Following this, I have lived in the UK from xxyyy to xxyy on an ABC visa/permit, I briefly visited Nigeria from xxyy to xxyy and returned to the UK. I final moved home from xxxyyy. As at the date of my application I have only spent xyz weeks/months in Nigeria and therefore is exempt from doing a TB test

This is just a draft and I tried to keep it simple and not technical

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Thewritingnerd(f): 8:45am On Aug 06, 2023
Hello please how do I contact them?

giselle237:
Do not put in an application until you contact them. You need to see your refusal letter
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Thewritingnerd(f): 8:46am On Aug 06, 2023
Hello please @duchess90 , I’d specifically love your contribution on this please, thank you 🤲🏾🙏🏾

Thewritingnerd:
Hello house, please I applied for a visitor’s visa to the UK April last year. I got the following email that I attached and also an sms notification of passport collection.

BUT when I’ll get my passport back in June, all the pages were empty. No stamp. Nothing. I also didn’t get any refusal email explaining anything. The only email I got is this attached one and the sms collection notification.

I didn’t bother pursuing it because the trip wasn’t so or die for me.

Now my question is, does this scenario count as a denied visa? Because they returned my passport to me untouched (some two weeks after they sent this attached mail) and no other email asides this was sent to me.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Datakey: 9:09am On Aug 06, 2023
shawrygal:
Did a paid call today for biometric done on 21st of July at Ikeja. Still awaiting decision.
No NSF received.

You did a paid call before the 15 days? I did priority and it is the 4th day already.. Can I call them now or wait for the 5 days to elapse?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Towotowo: 9:19am On Aug 06, 2023
Nothing will happen if you call them but its better to let the 5 days elapse so you can get an accurate information from them.

Datakey:

You did a paid call before the 15 days? I did priority and it is the 4th day already.. Can I call them now or wait for the 5 days to elapse?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Datakey: 9:20am On Aug 06, 2023
Towotowo:
Nothing will happen if you call them but its better to let the 5 days elapse so you can get an accurate information from them.

Thanks. I will just chill till then, the tension is just killing me. Did biometrics since on the 1st of August
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Adeyemi700: 10:05am On Aug 06, 2023
duchess90:
Hello

Give them time,the email will be sent.

If nothing, send a reminder by Friday

Cheers

Pls how can one send them reminde?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Towotowo: 10:54am On Aug 06, 2023
My bro did on the 31st of july VI TLS, got Empty NSF the following day, since then nothing yet. he will send paid email tomorrow since it will be exactly 5days cos its priority. Just chill and relax since youve not received any email from them.
Datakey:

Thanks. I will just chill till then, the tension is just killing me. Did biometrics since on the 1st of August
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Datakey: 11:01am On Aug 06, 2023
Towotowo:

My bro did on the 31st of july VI TLS, got Empty NSF the following day, since then nothing yet. he will send paid email tomorrow since it will be exactly 5days cos its priority. Just chill and relax since youve not received any email from them.

Since he did before me, I will just chill and wait for his own feedback first.. After tomorrow I can make a paid call
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by macsanzy: 11:11am On Aug 06, 2023
Good morning.
Please i did biometrics on 25th at ikeja tls, till today I’ve not gotten any update, just been stuck at dmc since 26th. Not even an empty nsf mail.
Should i be worried ? Should i also make a paid call tomorrow or wait for the 15 days?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Sonnica: 11:50am On Aug 06, 2023
Good morning all.
@duchess90, I want my wife to apply separately after I arrive UK this September, I will like to know if she can use her own account for her Pof since she didn't do change of name? Or if she needs to use my own account for the Pof. If she needs to use mine, do that mean I have to have the equivalent of mine and hers in my account? And if she uses here's are they going to ask for mine again to be sure it's not a recirculation of funds. Thanks
Sorry if I didn't put the questions right

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Towotowo: 12:07pm On Aug 06, 2023
Its better to wait since it stated it will take 15 working days just to be sure that you've waited that long

macsanzy:
Good morning.
Please i did biometrics on 25th at ikeja tls, till today I’ve not gotten any update, just been stuck at dmc since 26th. Not even an empty nsf mail.
Should i be worried ? Should i also make a paid call tomorrow or wait for the 15 days?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by whyteteeth: 12:40pm On Aug 06, 2023
Towotowo:
Its better to wait since it stated it will take 15 working days just to be sure that you've waited that long

Mine is since on the 14th of July that I did my biometric. I have gotten two emails asking me to provide my CAS and TB test result which I had already provided when I did my application. It has gone past 15 days. I am still waiting.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Thewritingnerd(f): 12:43pm On Aug 06, 2023
Removed post
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Ben6ene: 1:12pm On Aug 06, 2023
Hello all, thanks for your assistance so far...please is it compulsory to UPLOAD Whatsapp chat for couple during Visa application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Towotowo: 1:49pm On Aug 06, 2023
You can send them a paid email today so that you can get a reply tomorrow since its more than 15 working days now.

whyteteeth:

Mine is since on the 14th of July that I did my biometric. I have gotten two emails asking me to provide my CAS and TB test result which I had already provided when I did my application. It has gone past 15 days. I am still waiting.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Towotowo: 1:52pm On Aug 06, 2023
It depends on your situation. It is not compulsory since its not part of the documents required unless you receive an email saying you should show further evidence of marriage. If you have your marriage certificate and probs wedding pictures, you can add to it. To my knowledge, if lets say your partner came back from uk to nigeria to wed you, you might need to show evidence of on going relationship like exchange of emails and chats with time stamp.

Ben6ene:
Hello all, thanks for your assistance so far...please is it compulsory to UPLOAD Whatsapp chat for couple during Visa application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by manneger2: 1:57pm On Aug 06, 2023
Rhamzy94:
Good morning everyone, I just received a BRP mail from UKVI but my tracker is still at DMC. Is that something to worry about?
standard or priority and also Abuja or lagos
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Globalshaper: 2:09pm On Aug 06, 2023
Please can someone advise on this:

I want to clarify the following during my visa application.

- Scholarship and an extra deposit made after CAS was received.
- Explanation of study gap
- Change of name

Is it better to include these explanation in the "Additional Information" section of the form or should I write a cover letter to explain them?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by puffmama: 2:23pm On Aug 06, 2023
I would use the additional information section.

quote author=Globalshaper post=124920589]Please can someone advise on this:

- Change of name

Is it better to include these explanation in the "Additional Information" section of the form or should I write a cover letter to explain them?[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by puffmama: 2:25pm On Aug 06, 2023
If you have your brp mail then there is nothing to worry abiut The tracker will change when you get your collection mail .

manneger2:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Graphics2021(m): 2:40pm On Aug 06, 2023
Hello Everyone

Thanks for your help and guidance so far on this amazing platform

Please if you have idea on how to book affordable flight at this moment

Kindly share with me please. Thanks God Bless
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by duchess90(f): 3:26pm On Aug 06, 2023
Hello

You need to confirm if there is more to this and that there is no ban

Here's link to get the your personal information held with UKVi

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/requests-for-personal-data-uk-visas-and-immigration/request-personal-information-held-by-uk-visas-and-immigration

Put in the right information going forward..if the ECO wants more clarification then you will be informed.

I believe this is the time to right the wrongs

Reason we discourage using agents on this platform

Cheers
Thewritingnerd:
Hello house, please help with this question. So last year, I was supposed to go to the UK on a visiting visa alongside my boss for a program. He used his “trusted agent” to help with my application. Prior to this, I has never made applications to any where to leave the shores of this country, I also wasn’t hard-pressed about the trip.

My passport came back unstamped without a refusal reason mail, I didn’t know anything about visa procedures nor was I pressed to find out why my passport came back unstamped.

I’m now going through the information this agent filled in for me, I can see he filled in the wrong surname for my mum, and he indicated “no” to having a family in the UK (which should have been a “yes” cos I do have family in the UK).

My question now is, I’m about to fill in for a study visa application MYSELF, will this wrong information filled-in prior have any effect on my application now?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by duchess90(f): 3:28pm On Aug 06, 2023
Hello

These are 3 different issues and will have evidence for each of them

Just upload them in the relevant documents section

Cheers
Globalshaper:
Please can someone advise on this:

- Change of name

Is it better to include these explanation in the "Additional Information" section of the form or should I write a cover letter to explain them?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by duchess90(f): 3:30pm On Aug 06, 2023
Hello

She can use hers

Yes the ECO may ask for evidence of yours to confirm funds are not recycled and they may request certain dates

Ensure that you include invoices for tuition, rent or other bills paid in the UK in addition to the balance of your account

Cheers
Sonnica:
Good morning all.
@duchess90, I want my wife to apply separately after I arrive UK this September, I will like to know if she can use her own account for her Pof since she didn't do change of name? Or if she needs to use my own account for the Pof. If she needs to use mine, do that mean I have to have the equivalent of mine and hers in my account? And if she uses here's are they going to ask for mine again to be sure it's not a recirculation of funds. Thanks
Sorry if I didn't put the questions right
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by duchess90(f): 3:33pm On Aug 06, 2023
Hello

To add to what @Giselle237

It was most likely refused so include it in your application

If you applied yourself and are sure you aren't banned then just state that you were refused

If you used an agent you need to confirm if there is more to it and no ban

Here's a link to do so
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/requests-for-personal-data-uk-visas-and-immigration/request-personal-information-held-by-uk-visas-and-immigration

Cheers

Thewritingnerd:
Hello house, please I applied for a visitor’s visa to the UK April last year. I got the following email that I attached and also an sms notification of passport collection.

BUT when I’ll get my passport back in June, all the pages were empty. No stamp. Nothing. I also didn’t get any refusal email explaining anything. The only email I got is this attached one and the sms collection notification.

I didn’t bother pursuing it because the trip wasn’t so or die for me.

Now my question is, does this scenario count as a denied visa? Because they returned my passport to me untouched (some two weeks after they sent this attached mail) and no other email asides this was sent to me.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Rhamzy94(m): 3:36pm On Aug 06, 2023
Standard
Abuja

manneger2:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Globalshaper: 3:42pm On Aug 06, 2023
Thanks a lot for the explanation.

I intend to submit the relevant document. I also remember seeing posts of people saying they do further explanation with a cover letter or so, hence why I needed to confirm?

Are you saying there is no need explaining with a cover letter or the column for “additional information?”

duchess90:
Hello

These are 3 different issues and will have evidence for each of them

Just upload them in the relevant documents section

Cheers

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (267) (Reply)

The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process / Bus Fare Within Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.