Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,922 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? (17677 Views)

Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin / Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) / Christians:What Fruit Did Adam And Eve Eat Inside The Garden Of Eden? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Oct 09, 2011
frosbel:

Says the lady who believes in the the Illuminati  and aliens, lol.   grin

like i said you are just dancing around having fun. but our christian 'visitors' would have expected a christ crusader like you to defend God and put the atheist to shame but the reverse is the case.  embarassed
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 09, 2011
@Life is full of tests.

lucifer was given the position as the anointed cherub covering the throne room of God; he was in fact, the head of the angels and closes to God. He had a test; could he maintain his position or would he want to get greedy? he got greedy and was thrown down.

In life, we are faced with tests. Passing a test makes you more mature. Adam and Eve failed their test. The question is; can we pass our own tests?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And After disobeying God, he then strayed Adam and Eve from God, and God didnt kill him
He went ahead and bragged to God that he can tempt Job, and God no vex, infact he gave him a go ahead. After which he went ahead to test Jesus, God's son born from "virgin" without "sex"; and God didnt stop Satan. And He went ahead to induce Judas to betray Jesus, who was eventually killed, AND GOD DID NOT KILL SATAN, Grow up you bastards, Religion is just another fairly tale of the first order. I will never allow even my kids believe this crab.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Oct 09, 2011
diluminati:

like i said you are[b] just dancing around having fun[/b]. but our christian 'visitors' would have expected a christ crusader like you to defend God and put the atheist to shame but the reverse is the case.  embarassed

Not necessarily, I keep an open mind.

If anyone , including you , can tell us how man came into existence I promise to put my case to rest !!

However what we see here is a multitude of atheists attacking GOD , the bible, Christians and everything theist in their path.

Surely we have to respond with the truth right  undecided

Tell me though, do you still believe in aliens  grin
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Oct 09, 2011
stagger:

Life is full of tests.

lucifer was given the position as the anointed cherub covering the throne room of God; he was in fact, the head of the angels and closes to God. He had a test; could he maintain his position or would he want to get greedy? he got greedy and was thrown down.

In life, we are faced with tests. Passing a test makes you more mature. Adam and Eve failed their test. The question is; can we pass our own tests?

And After disobeying God, he then strayed Adam and Eve from God, and God didnt kill him
He went ahead and bragged to God that he can tempt Job, and God no vex, infact he gave him a go ahead. After which he went ahead to test Jesus, God's son born from "virgin" without "sex"; and God didnt stop Satan. And He went ahead to induce Judas to betray Jesus, who was eventually killed, AND GOD DID NOT KILL SATAN, Grow up you bastards, Religion is just another fairly tale of the first order. I will never allow even my kids believe this crab.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by kurus: 7:27pm On Oct 09, 2011
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Oct 09, 2011
Grow up you bastards, Religion is just another fairly tale of the first order. I will never allow even my kids believe this crab.

My goodness you atheists are getting angrier by the day.

Okay let us assume we believe in a fairy tale, tell us the real tale of mankind and his surrounding universe !!!
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Onlytruth(m): 7:29pm On Oct 09, 2011
The biggest mistake I see repeatedly in atheist and similar views is that of approaching the Bible and God from a logical  and "scientific" perspective. I wonder how anyone can explain juju, but ironically some of African so called atheists dare not question the powers of juju. LOL. grin

Some of these same folks would believe in U.F.Os and their abilities to travel at speeds unknown to any science.
Only recently, I read somewhere about how the UFOs could be travelling between stars in split seconds; they could posses the "technology" that "folds" inter-galactic spaces. In order words, they could fold space like paper! grin
These atheists find it easier to believe that, than a God.

Well, from my life experience, I know that God does not care much whether we believe he exists or not.
He is more interested in his own agenda for his creation. He is not a democrat.
That is why this quote exist in the Bible:

John 6:65 He went on to say, "This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled him."

For one to really believe in God, that person MUST have a PERSONAL encounter with God. And the encounter must be at God's time. God even encounters those who never sought after him for a day. It all depends on whether the person fits into Gods overall agenda for his Earth. So, in other words, it is possible that most atheists are irrelevant to God's agenda.  cool
He may also snag a few of them whenever he wants. And those go on to become big pastors and fishers of men for God. FACT.

So, don't sweat trying to figure out this topic. It ain't man made science.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Oct 09, 2011
@Onlytruth

why must GOD omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent have an agenda?

@frosbel

well one day you will come to reason. i was like you 5 years ago until i came in contact with Nairaland, seriously speaking. tiny flames can cause a wild fire.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Oct 09, 2011
frosbel:

My goodness you atheists are getting angrier by the day.

Okay let us assume we believe in a fairy tale, tell us the real tale of mankind and his surrounding universe !!!

We came to being the way all the other composites of the universe did.  Read about the cosmic soup.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Oct 09, 2011
@kurus

did you miss this
?

kurus:

Of ALL of God's creation, ONLY mankind has God given free will. [s]The angels(good and bad) do NOT have free will. They are by nature to obey whatever God commands[/s]. But for mankind, who God made in His image, just as God can make decisions however he likes, God also gave man free will to decide what he wants to do and what not to do.

Really? But you just confused yourself below

kurus link=topic=776711.msg9305603#msg9305603 date=1318182329:

It was because satan and his now demon angels decided to disobey God that they were cast out of heaven.

so what are you saying now? are you making sense?
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by DOnly1(m): 7:45pm On Oct 09, 2011
Somethings are better left as misery. The garden has been before man was created but Satan (the fallen angel) wanted to disrupt God's plan for man and make man rebel against his maker (as you are now instigating), but the accuser of men forgot that he can only work against himself and not God who's the embodiment of truth. That is why you must accept Jesus (the way) today. Do not do like your fathers & mothers so you won't gnash your teeth in hell where there won't be hope for you.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Onlytruth(m): 7:45pm On Oct 09, 2011
Posted by: diluminati

@Onlytruth

why must GOD omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent[b] have an agenda[/b]?

You mean, why would creation have a purpose?
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by ReLaTE(m): 7:57pm On Oct 09, 2011
op,go and ask GOD, should you know everything?
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by kurus: 7:59pm On Oct 09, 2011
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by DOnly1(m): 8:03pm On Oct 09, 2011
Somethings are better left as misery. The garden has been before man was created but Satan (the fallen angel) wanted to disrupt God's plan for man and make man rebel against his maker (as you are now instigating), but the accuser of men forgot that he can only work against himself and not God who's the embodiment of truth. That is why you must accept Jesus (the way) today. Do not do like your fathers & mothers so you won't gnash your teeth in hell where there won't be hope for you.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by DOnly1(m): 8:04pm On Oct 09, 2011
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by TomFord: 8:08pm On Oct 09, 2011
Poster,this God we are discussing created man not just with soul,mind,spirit e.t.c
He also gave man what is called Free Will.
what kind of God will create something and not give the created some space,freedom of some sort to do as he wills?
Yes, the tree was a no-go area,certain things are beyond our depth of understanding such as this
I am very sure He knew man was going to fail this test but He still went ahead to plant the tree there
Perhaps to test man's obedience,man's love and respect for the Creator or whatever virtue was worth testing
Free will gives us the privilege to accept or reject what is right and not,to do what is right or wrong in our eyes,as well as choose what is right or wrong in our eyes be it love/hate,joy/sorrow,prosperity/poverty,health/sickness,peace/war(strife),education/illiteracy,famine/abundance,satisfaction/emptiness,christianity/judaism/islam/free thinkers.Make no mistake about the love God has for us his masterpiece,some things are best witheld from us by God for our benefit/growth because having such things may consume or destroy us and He loves us dearly.That is why He respects the choices that we make,He may not agree in totality.
Many atimes we humans make wrong choices,decisions but He in his infinte mercy and wisdom allows us to go through such experiences so that we can learn that on our own,we can really do nothing and we really do need him to steer the ship of our life as the captain or the governor
It is now the use and the abuse of the free will that has caused us problems.Think about it,why is it that as He created us he didn't force His way on us but rather gave us guidelines or instructions to follow.
He could have just taken the dust and sand,spoken life to man and said,"man,you must obey me unconditionally,serve me as i will and do as i command"
He could have said so outrightly rather He said,"be fruitful,multiply,subdue the earth and have dominion over all.
what great choices and free will we have at our disposal.He's a Great God!
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Oct 09, 2011
kurus:

ALL,

The reason for the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil(amongst other trees, which are of no concern to mankind in the garden of eden) is to test how man(Adam and Eve) will use their free will.

Of ALL of God's creation, ONLY mankind has God given free will. The angels(good and bad) do NOT have free will. They are by nature to obey whatever God commands. But for mankind, who God made in His image, just as God can make decisions however he likes, God also gave man free will to decide what he wants to do and what not to do.

It was because satan and his now demon angels decided to disobey God that they were cast out of heaven.

In summary, the reason why the tree of the knowledge of good and evil existed was because God made and put the tree there. As to why he put the tree there knowing that Adam and Eve would eat of the fruit thereof, he had already caused all creation(including Adam, eve and the garden) to be made by Jesus. Why Jesus? Because he had destined Him to be the judge and saviour of the world.

Can the pot say to the potter "why did you make me to a low quality pot and you made the other pot to be a high quality pot". Thats akin to the question being asked here.

God can do, WHATEVER he chooses!

The pot can question the potter if it's given the ability to question.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by felifeli: 8:55pm On Oct 09, 2011
What an odd question to ask on Nairaland as if God cold be in all this mess.

Having said that :
OP Na yer papa garden ? angry
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by moderatorr: 9:05pm On Oct 09, 2011
that you dont understand something doesnt mean it doesnt exist.
That a fact wasnt fully explained down to earth to your imbeciles understanding doesnt mean it was fabricated!
We wouldnt have believed the bible if not that some of us started doing what we read the biblical prophets do! Some of us started healing, prophesying, speaking in genuine strange languate, raising the dead just like Jesus did! The white man needed not say more, we became christians! Same reason christianity is the most populated religon! I GOD WE TRUST
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by pat077: 9:25pm On Oct 09, 2011
If d tree was forbidden, then why was it planted in d first instance?
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Cine(m): 9:28pm On Oct 09, 2011
that you dont understand something doesnt mean it doesnt exist.

It's not that people don't understand or refuse to give it a chance it's just that some people aren't capable of blind leaps of faith.

That a fact wasnt fully explained down to earth to your imbeciles understanding doesnt mean it was fabricated!

What facts are you talking about?

We wouldnt have believed the bible if not that some of us started doing what we read the biblical prophets do! Some of us started healing, prophesying, speaking in genuine strange languate, raising the dead just like Jesus did! The white man needed not say more, we became christians! Same reason christianity is the most populated religon!  

My friend, it's believers like you that do other believers damage.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by lilkech(m): 9:36pm On Oct 09, 2011
I think that the garden of eden was the whole world and that anywhere adam or eve went they met friendly animals, green grass, fresh water, trees with rise fruits, etc. And i think that the forbidden fruit that was planted is actually SEXUAL INTERCOURSE.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by ramalot(m): 9:44pm On Oct 09, 2011
@OP needs to evaluate the story and after critical thinking come up with his own deduction.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by muyoto: 9:54pm On Oct 09, 2011
[s
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Oct 09, 2011
ramalot:

@OP needs to evaluate the story and after critical thinking come up with his own deduction. Mine is that it is flawed.

It is funny how people find themselves believing and upholding fairy tales with so much passion, and yet can not imagine why someone with a different set of fairy tales would do the same. for instance, the typical christian would mock and find laughable the teachings of the qur'an and vice versa. all organized religion are fundamentally the same, but its members are just too myopic to see that they're only stewing in a different pot.

In essence, if i tell you i strongly believe in santa claus, and will be good so he brings me presents, i have no right to laugh at you for believing the boogeyman is under your bed, and will get you if you behave badly.

Its all fairy tales taken too far. For me to accord you any respect as a theist, you first of all have to acknowledge and agree that members of every other religion who are good will also make "heaven." irrespective of religion or sect. But noo. . that must be too much to ask when christians n muslims can't even accept other christians n muslims of different sects. Its all gang mentality. sad.

Its quite strange that people like you delude others from believing in GOD , considering that you atheists believe in the most silly and foundless myth of all , which is that we came about through some kind of evolutionary slow process over zillions of years.

Peharps if you had some grain of evidence to prove this , one might take you seriously ,  but when your scientists start doing crazy things like using a single tooth to construct a whole man and call him the Nebraska man , it starts looking like children playing games.

[img]http://4.bp..com/_AIkWSJ039r8/S_tWpbo9TUI/AAAAAAAACKY/wEJDVS1LcQ4/s1600/nebraska-man.jpg[/img]

This is a pictute of the Nebraksa man constructed from a single tooth  undecided

And yet people like you who laugh at theists believe in this madness   grin

The scientists go one step further into foolishness and construct his whole family, wife and children   grin grin
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Oct 09, 2011
The Nebraska man was designed from this tooth.

grin grin
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Cine(m): 10:17pm On Oct 09, 2011
Peharps if you had some grain of evidence to prove this one might take you seriously , but when your scientists start doing crazy things like using a single tooth to construct a whole man and call him the Nebraska man , it starts looking like children playing games.

A quick google search on ancestral skeletons and I found this.

[url]http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2010/apr/08/fossil-skeletons-unknown-human-ancestor
[/url]

I believe they've uncovered more than a single tooth. Besides, most scientist know that ignorance is part of the game.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by buzugee(m): 10:20pm On Oct 09, 2011
i dont think the bible is meant to be read and taken literally. to everything made by God, there is a ying and yang. good and evil. nice and bad etc etc to balance out the creation. well as humans we were created like that too. only problem is that the bad and evil side of humans will have been unknown and masked to man had man not been bestowed with freewill. i think a better question will be why did the lord create us and give us freewill because without freewill we not have the option to indulge our evil side. the tree of good and evil represents the good and evil in man. when eve was tempted by satan to eat the apple, satan represents the evil in man. every man has God and satan in him or her. you also have the freewill to indulge the God in you or the Satan in you.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 09, 2011
Cine:

A quick google search on ancestral skeletons and I found this.

[url]http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2010/apr/08/fossil-skeletons-unknown-human-ancestor
[/url]

I believe they've uncovered more than a single tooth. Besides, most scientist know that ignorance is part of the game.

Looks like a normal human skull to me undecided

Why , did you think it was something else
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by deadie(m): 10:33pm On Oct 09, 2011
Religious people question EVERY evidence presented by modern science which have given them EVERYTHING they use today, computers, cars, aeroplanes, microscope, medicine, rockets to send man to space, nuclear weapons to bring the Armageddon they long for, etc, yet the ONLY evidence that convince them about all other things is a book written by cave dwelling Middle Easterners, or some pastors and imam who hear the voice of a space daddy. Beats me, really beats me.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:38pm On Oct 09, 2011
angry angry angry
Where is the answer now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pope Francis Appoints Jonas Benson Okoye As Bishop Of Nnewi / Enoch Adeboye Celebrates His 82nd Birthday Today / Confessions Of A Sex-starved Single( A Must Read Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.