Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,703 members, 7,816,872 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? (17676 Views)

Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin / Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) / Christians:What Fruit Did Adam And Eve Eat Inside The Garden Of Eden? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Suc4live(m): 11:35am On Oct 10, 2011
i believe there is God and there are alpha beings using us[humans] as subject to a scientific experiments on earth, Just an opinion though
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by zataxs: 11:50am On Oct 10, 2011
Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned
(Rom. 5:12). (New Testament, btw)

I think we need to rethink about gravity of the forbidden fruit and more importantly why "we" cast of it.

As humans it is our inherent nature to pursue knownledge,  this whole forbidden fruit issue stands as the worst inversion of logic that humans have ever had to endure.

Our inherent desire to understand is what has made us great.

In fact, God had to set it straight and went as far as calling it the tree of knowledge.

It debases and denigrates our most precious attribute and uses that to foist onto us the myth of humanity as a fallen, debased, despicable creature.

This inversion is unspeakably awful in that it warps and twists the single greatest factor in our advancement and progress as a species and turns it into a weapon against us. We are fallen, wretched, unworthy NOT because of what we do, but because of what we are, because of our inherent desire to understand.

This myth of the original sin purported in Abrahamic Religion is vitriol, demented and extremely corrosive and we need to actually actively work against such degenerate idiologies. Maybe this explains why the Muslims and Christians in this forum have a severe case of Epistemophobia.

And if you think about it of course it makes sense, with knowledge then we not only get out of the Sorry pangs of God and his Garden, we actually reduce him to nothingness. And God wants to protect himself, naturally, everyone else should be a fool so that he can flourish. Let's shake off this curse.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by bosaty2003(m): 11:52am On Oct 10, 2011
this is very simple. God said do not eat. why do many people steal today? why do u disobey simple instruction either at home or in the religion gathering, what happens if you disobey simple instruction? why was that instruction in place?

similarly, God when he created man, he gave us instruction on what to do and what not to do. somehow, snake came to say, you will not die but wiser. you can see the beginning of the woe. some told you to taste cocaine that it will just make u alert. someone told you to do evil after all people are doing it. you can see the implication in your life. God is higher and wiser than the wisest man on earth.

take care.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:13pm On Oct 10, 2011
At least God gave them the 'manufacturer's warning'. shocked

[img width=500 height=500]http://www.answersingenesis.org/assets/images/media/cartoons/after-eden/20040830.gif[/img]
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Rickrux: 2:01pm On Oct 10, 2011
@poster pls ignore many of d thoughtless remarks of some. The answer is simple. God made man perfect. God gave him everythin he needed n more. God luvd man. He had many fruits he could eat frm. God's command nt 2 eat of dat 1 tree provided him an avenue 2 display his luv n appriciation 2 God his maker. adam as a free moral agent, like all men, had a choice 2 make. He abused dat oppotunity n sinned. The wages of sin is death. Adam lost perfection n eventually grew old n died. All of us inherited sin frm him. Datz y we grow old n die. Christ had 2 pay a ransom 2 release us frm death. Something only a perfect man could pay. Soon, under his kingdom, we will b made perfect again n death will b no more. Rev 21:4,5
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:13pm On Oct 10, 2011
Why then did God give Adam a free will? C.S. Lewis, who is a devout Christian answers this question and you can view this in the videolink from an unlikely source.

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH2DEOxvaWk?version=3&hl=en_GB[/flash]
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:46pm On Oct 10, 2011
Cos God planned for man to fail from the very start,
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by dublinkmy6: 5:09pm On Oct 10, 2011
If this thread doesn't convert an atheist, i'm afraid nothing might ever change them.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by thehomer: 5:21pm On Oct 10, 2011
dublinkmy6:

If this thread doesn't convert an atheist, i'm afraid nothing might ever change them.

grin grin grin What a funny statement to make. Would it have converted you if you were a Muslim or a Buddhist?
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by dirtygamer(m): 6:06pm On Oct 10, 2011
Romans 9

1I speak the truth in Christ -- I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost--

2that I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart.

3For I could wish that I myself were accursed from Christ for the sake of my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh,

4who are Israelites and to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;

5of whom are the fathers, and from whom, according to the flesh, Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

6It is not as though the Word of God hath taken no effect. For they are not all Israel, who are of Israel;

7neither because they are the seed of Abraham are they all children; but, "In Isaac shall thy seed be called."

8That is, they who are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God; rather, the children of the promise are counted as the seed.

9For this is the word of promise: "At this time will I come, and Sarah shall have a son."

10And not only this, but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac

11(for the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, in order that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not by works, but by Him that calleth),

12it was said unto her, "The elder shall serve the younger."

13As it is written: "Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated."

14What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid!

15For He saith to Moses, "I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion."

16So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God who showeth mercy.

17For the Scripture saith unto Pharaoh, "Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might show My power in thee, and that My name might be declared throughout all the earth."

18Therefore hath He mercy on whom He will have mercy, and whom He will, He hardeneth.

19Thou wilt say then unto me, "Why doth He yet find fault, for who hath resisted His will?"

20But nay, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, "Why hast thou made me thus?"

21Hath not the potter power over the clay to make from the same lump one vessel unto honor and another unto dishonor?

22What if God, choosing to show His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted for destruction;

23and this, that He might make known the riches of His glory on the vessels of mercy, whom He had prepared before unto glory,

24even us whom He hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

25As He saith also in Hosea: "I will call them `My people,' who were not My people, and `her beloved' who was not beloved."

26And, "It shall come to pass that in the place where it was said unto them, `Ye are not My people,' there shall they be called the children of the living God."

27Isaiah also crieth concerning Israel: "Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved.

28For He will finish the work and cut it short in righteousness, because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth."

29And as Isaiah said before: "Except the Lord of Sabaoth had left us a seed, we would have been as Sodom and been made like unto Gomorrah."

30What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, who followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is by faith;

31but Israel, who followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.

32Why so? Because they sought it not by faith but, as it were, by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumbling stone.

33As it is written: "Behold, I lay in Zion a stumbling stone and rock of offense, and whosoever believeth in Him shall not be ashamed."

I'm sorry for u atheists, You can never see if you sit behind d light
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by ogaju007(m): 10:16pm On Oct 10, 2011
Hmmnn I beleive in God and my God is a gentle God and not a God of confusion. He has given us wisdom to know the right from wrong so please answer the guys question jo. The Bible was written by peopleof that region according to what happened in that region. Im happy a nigerian has the common sense to ask a question may be in the question he will find the truth if there is a true xtian here. However from the thread i can tell there are a lot of people on here that have been brainwashed in to a one track mind. they live in fear cause the pstors have told them lies about the bible.

YOU DONT NEED ANY SPIRITUALISM TO UNDERSTAND THE BIBLE EXCEPT IF YOU WANT TO MODIFY THE MEANING OF THE STATEMENT. gOOD EXAMPLE. WHERE IN THE Bible did God say you must pay a tenth of you salary? If you read the whole verse of all the places tithe was metioned, it was for a particular incident. Bot my pastors don turn am to VAT.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Image123(m): 10:22pm On Oct 10, 2011
What a pity. Man's still basically same in nature looking for others to blame. You just had to blame someone else for your failings, even if it's God, or the government, or your company, wife, neighbour. It's their fault, why did they do that and this. Old stuff repeating itself in 'new' people.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by ogaju007(m): 10:27pm On Oct 10, 2011
@ Image123 Haba answer the question now if this is how you evangelize not sure if you will win any soul ooo. This is an oppurtunity to let the person know about the Love of God and not being defensive without reason. Now you wont spread the Gospel but if na for inside molue you go want make everybody see say you dey spread the gospel abi.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Image123(m): 10:45pm On Oct 10, 2011
^
Are you a christian?
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by ogaju007(m): 10:53pm On Oct 10, 2011
Image123:

^
Are you a christian?

What has that got to do with anything. In your bible, did Jesus go about asking people if they were jews or pharises? If you don't know what to say, silence is Golden.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by ibedun: 11:06pm On Oct 10, 2011
Thank you for raising the quesion poster.

@harakiri et al. My heart is gladdened that so many of you are coming to your senses. This GOD is really a wicked evil one and of course he cant show his face.

The so called born agains are liars for they know deep in the violent and evil nature of this so called God
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Image123(m): 11:13pm On Oct 10, 2011
ogaju007:

What has that got to do with anything. In your bible, did Jesus go about asking people if they were jews or pharises? If you don't know what to say, silence is Golden.
You seem to know some stuff about jesus. So, are you a christian?
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by ogaju007(m): 11:20pm On Oct 10, 2011
Image123:

You seem to know some stuff about jesus. So, are you a christian?

I know some stuff about Jesus that makes me a christian?
I know some stuff about Jesus, Mohamed, Bhuda, Sango, Ogun, Obatala what does that make me? wink

A piece of advice before you can criticize other people's faith, learn their ways and you will find there is more you all have in common than you know.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:24pm On Oct 10, 2011
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Oct 10, 2011
Where did Cain got his wife from when Adam, Eve and Cain (after death of his brother) were the only people on earth? That is how the tree of life idea doesn't add up.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:55pm On Oct 10, 2011
all4naija:

Where did Cain got his wife from when Adam, Eve and Cain (after death of his brother) were the only people on earth? That is how the tree of life idea doesn't add up.

Cain's Wife

[img width=500 height=500]http://www.answersingenesis.org/assets/images/media/cartoons/after-eden/20000501.gif[/img]
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Image123(m): 6:57am On Oct 11, 2011
ogaju007:

I know some stuff about Jesus that makes me a christian?
I know some stuff about Jesus, Mohamed, Bhuda, Sango, Ogun, Obatala what does that make me? wink

A piece of advice before you can criticize other people's faith, learn their ways and you will find there is more you all have in common than you know.
This is even looking tougher for you than the OP's question.
Are you a christian?
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 7:09am On Oct 11, 2011
Op, he planted the tree because he is the MASTER PLANNER. smiley
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by mrofficial(m): 7:26am On Oct 11, 2011
Query me on how to arrange my house, my company.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by rabzy: 8:02am On Oct 11, 2011
all4naija:

Where did you read that it was just the four of them that where on earth. You should be sure you have read enough before you make assertions.

(Genesis 4:25-26) . . .And Adam proceeded to have intercourse again with his wife and so she gave birth to a son and called his name Seth, because, as she said: “God has appointed another seed in place of Abel, because Cain killed him.” 26 And to Seth also there was born a son and he proceeded to call his name E′nosh. . .

(Genesis 5:3-4) . . .And Adam lived on for a hundred and thirty years. Then he became father to a son in his likeness, in his image, and called his name Seth. 4 And the days of Adam after his fathering Seth came to be eight hundred years. Meanwhile he became father to sons and daughters.

Adam had other sons and daughters whose names were not revealed in the scriptures. Marriages between siblings and other close family relatives were the norm in the early days as was seen in the family of terah, abraham.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by rabzy: 8:24am On Oct 11, 2011
The Creator, as Universal Sovereign, was acting wholly within his right in making the law regarding the tree.
Adam, being a created person, and not sovereign, had limitations, and he needed to acknowledge this fact.
For universal peace and harmony, it would devolve upon all reasoning creatures to acknowledge and support the Creator’s sovereignty. Adam would demonstrate his recognition of this fact by refraining from eating the fruit of that tree. As father-to-be of an earth full of people, he must prove obedient and loyal, even in the smallest thing.

The reason was not revealed in the scriptures, we don't know why. we can haphazard guesses, we can attempt to explain why, but it would all be our thoughts on the matter.
But no one can say it is unreasonable or wrong for God to do so, neither can we say he meant/plan for them to fall into sin.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by dejijaye: 9:08am On Oct 11, 2011
If y'all really wanna know the truth, I suggest y'all check out this website: www.bible-truths.com
The write ups there would surely answer and clear many of your doubts.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 11, 2011
rabzy:

Where did you read that it was just the four of them that where on earth. You should be sure you have read enough before you make assertions.

(Genesis 4:25-26) . . .And Adam proceeded to have intercourse again with his wife and so she gave birth to a son and called his name Seth, because, as she said: “God has appointed another seed in place of Abel, because Cain killed him.” 26 And to Seth also there was born a son and he proceeded to call his name E′nosh. . .

(Genesis 5:3-4) . . .And Adam lived on for a hundred and thirty years. Then he became father to a son in his likeness, in his image, and called his name Seth. 4 And the days of Adam after his fathering Seth came to be eight hundred years. Meanwhile he became father to sons and daughters.

Adam had other sons and daughters whose names were not revealed in the scriptures. Marriages between siblings and other close family relatives were the norm in the early days as was seen in the family of terah, abraham.
It is a shame you don't read your bible very well ,

(Genesis 4:17) And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.

Keep deceiving yourself!
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Oct 11, 2011
See confusion everywhere. Religion is a Biatchi
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Image123(m): 5:29pm On Oct 11, 2011
diluminati:

See confusion everywhere. Religion is a Biatchi
You sound as confused, irreligious.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by ogaju007(m): 9:10pm On Oct 11, 2011
rabzy:

(Genesis 4:25-26) . . .And Adam proceeded to have intercourse again with his wife and so she gave birth to a son and called his name Seth, because, as she said: “God has appointed another seed in place of Abel, because Cain killed him.” 26 And to Seth also there was born a son and he proceeded to call his name E′nosh. . .

(Genesis 5:3-4) . . .And Adam lived on for a hundred and thirty years. Then he became father to a son in his likeness, in his image, and called his name Seth. 4 And the days of Adam after his fathering Seth came to be eight hundred years. Meanwhile he became father to sons and daughters.

Rabzy: Lets assume you're right, Adam's children would have to have sex with one another to bring forth the next generation ABI!!!? You're not making any sense cause that would be insest that is really frowned upon by you xtians.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Oct 11, 2011
^^^^
Not only that, Cain met his wife before Adam and Eve started giving birth to other kids - that's the issue here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Enoch Adeboye Celebrates His 82nd Birthday Today / Pope Francis Appoints Jonas Benson Okoye As Bishop Of Nnewi / Confessions Of A Sex-starved Single( A Must Read Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.