Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

After Rejecting Marriage Proposal, What Happens Next? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / After Rejecting Marriage Proposal, What Happens Next? (16760 Views)

Lady Slaps Boyfriend For Rejecting Marriage Proposal After Six Years Of Dating / Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? / Man Gets Stuck Inside Sex Doll And Calls Police, Watch What Happens Next (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Rejecting Marriage Proposal, What Happens Next? by Kyase(m): 2:54pm On Jul 17, 2023
Re: After Rejecting Marriage Proposal, What Happens Next? by easzypeaszy(m): 3:02pm On Jul 17, 2023
For me to hv proposed meaning I am tired of wasting money, sparm and age.
If u reject the proposal and still want to be in the rltnshp.. I wl gt married n mk u punchin bag.. I mean nackin bag
Re: After Rejecting Marriage Proposal, What Happens Next? by iLoveYouToo(m): 3:04pm On Jul 17, 2023
Crystalom35:
I know the obvious answer might be to break up and move along.

But consider this, marriage is not the only goal of some relationships.

There are people out there who wanna date and experience love but without the commitment of marriage.

I mean, people date other people for different reasons.

Hence, when you are proposing marriage and they don't want it, should you break up even when the feelings are still there?

How about some who are not even ready at the moment for the commitment?

But most importantly, should all relationships should be about marriage or about finding love and happiness?

Let's hear your thoughts. If you propose to someone and they refused would that end the relationship?

If marriage wasn’t the goal there wouldn’t have been a proposal. One party is selfish and should end the relationship and allow the other party to find a partner who also wants marriage

1 Like

Re: After Rejecting Marriage Proposal, What Happens Next? by FireUpNow(m): 3:12pm On Jul 17, 2023
Na money we need to make not marriage this Monday Oga OP
Re: After Rejecting Marriage Proposal, What Happens Next? by Goodnigga: 3:16pm On Jul 17, 2023
Zonefree:

What else remain for the relationship? For you guys to be discussing global warming
No o, na bulaba lol. No mind OP
Re: After Rejecting Marriage Proposal, What Happens Next? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 17, 2023
Crystalom35:

There are people out there who wanna date and experience love but without the commitment of marriage.

Hence, when you are proposing marriage and they don't want it, should you break up even when the feelings are still there?

But most importantly, should all relationships should be about marriage or about finding love and happiness?

Let's hear your thoughts. If you propose to someone and they refused would that end the relationship?
Same way you have your expectation in that relationship same way your partner have got their own expectation. You want to experience love and not get married, they want to experince love and get married. So what next? Waste their time? That would be selfish. See jamb question oh.

1 Like

Re: After Rejecting Marriage Proposal, What Happens Next? by sonofthunder: 3:18pm On Jul 17, 2023
Crystalom35:

I'm sure you don't understand how the excuse you posted relates to the discussion.
Re: After Rejecting Marriage Proposal, What Happens Next? by nkemjacob2(m): 3:21pm On Jul 17, 2023
Crystalom35:

the girl is not serious. If ur relationship is define and ur feeling are strong u won't reject marriage cos that's is the seal to it
Re: After Rejecting Marriage Proposal, What Happens Next? by isabi2lof: 3:24pm On Jul 17, 2023
Same question every time
Re: After Rejecting Marriage Proposal, What Happens Next? by ibinaboonline: 3:29pm On Jul 17, 2023
I imagine the op is female. So, she's just trying to say that the billing doesn't have to end after rejecting marriage proposal.
Zonefree:

What else remain for the relationship? For you guys to be discussing global warming
Re: After Rejecting Marriage Proposal, What Happens Next? by Faposky95: 3:38pm On Jul 17, 2023
taylor89:
A woman who rejected your marriage proposal did you a very great favor

Rather than cheat on marriage

As long as she didn’t give me any infection as a parting gift

Omo make she get out

YOU MEAN GITTATTA YEH ??
Re: After Rejecting Marriage Proposal, What Happens Next? by Jay357: 4:04pm On Jul 17, 2023
Na for the guy to move on, get someone else to marry, then make her a side chick until she's ready to marry
Re: After Rejecting Marriage Proposal, What Happens Next? by Iykmann(m): 5:15pm On Jul 17, 2023
Any woman who rejected your marriage proposal never loved you. What is the point of relationship/courtship if not marriage and live together forever.
Re: After Rejecting Marriage Proposal, What Happens Next? by Slurity(m): 6:08pm On Jul 17, 2023
Crystalom35:

Break up should be the next thing after rejected proposal, anything after that is selfishness that comes from two people with different main goals. One want marriage as priority the other want something else as priority. Regardless of what are the other reasons of been the the relationship, regret will be the final result if the relationship continues.
Re: After Rejecting Marriage Proposal, What Happens Next? by DIntegrity: 6:13pm On Jul 17, 2023
Except you mean some other form of relationships, You have no business being in a romantic relationship (forming such strong emotional bond) without an end in mind which is marriage.

Of course I'm aware many people enter into romantic relationships for different reasons outside of marriage and it's very wrong.

Love = passion + pleasure + Sacrifice + Commitment.

Also, there are other things to do to find love and happiness apart from being in a relationship. So pls re-orient yourself

Go to the orphanage minister to the children, help someone, be kind and also recieve love but it must not necessarily be within the context of a romantic relationship
Re: After Rejecting Marriage Proposal, What Happens Next? by bukatyne(f): 7:43pm On Jul 17, 2023
If marriage wasn't the goal of the relationship (at least to the man), he wouldn't have proposed.

The man has shown his hand (marriage); for some reasons, the woman is not interested (which is within her rights) therefore the relationship should come to a natural end.

Can two together except they are agreed?
Re: After Rejecting Marriage Proposal, What Happens Next? by anthonyuncle(m): 10:04pm On Jul 17, 2023
can a match restart after penalty shoot outs?
Re: After Rejecting Marriage Proposal, What Happens Next? by Smartguyboy(m): 5:18am On Jul 18, 2023
Crystalom35:

So funny you don’t know if the babe you are dating love you or not?
Want to settle with you or not .
Re: After Rejecting Marriage Proposal, What Happens Next? by Menclothing: 7:31am On Jul 18, 2023
Be wasting your time move on

(1) (2) (Reply)

Indian Guys ❤ / Have You Ever Been Caught Cheating? / Long Distance Relationship, How Secretive Are You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.