Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,519 members, 7,826,953 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Poor Result From UNICAL Mathematics Department - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Poor Result From UNICAL Mathematics Department (38287 Views)

Joy Ejikeme Displays Original Result From JAMB Portal / Police Summon The Angry Zambian Father Who Beat His Son Over Poor Result / Angry Zambian Father Slaps His Son Over Poor Result After Paying $21k As Tuition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poor Result From UNICAL Mathematics Department by middlebelter(m): 3:45pm On Jul 18, 2023
I blame the school authority, the lecturer and the students.
The Senate of the school, should put an appraisal system in place to make students appraise the performance of the lecturers, how well knowledge has been imparted. Students will grade thier lecturers.
Thelecturers should also review his teaching method and ask why are the students performing badly

The students should not be silent if the lectrurers are not imparting knowledge effectively.
Re: Poor Result From UNICAL Mathematics Department by Timoleon(m): 3:47pm On Jul 18, 2023
True, you are right
phemmyfour:
You never jam kolo lecturer that will tell you that if you use another method, you will fail.

In this type of result, you can't blame the student, not everything you can even find online especially modified case studies.

Even the few students that passed scored between 40s and 50s
Re: Poor Result From UNICAL Mathematics Department by Timoleon(m): 3:48pm On Jul 18, 2023
They are many all over the country
Benwallt:

You know the lecturers antics well. My lecturer then used to boast of it. He would say, " it is ungodly to A or B in my course"
Re: Poor Result From UNICAL Mathematics Department by Timoleon(m): 3:50pm On Jul 18, 2023
Thank you. Just thought I should point it out that while I acknowledge that some lecturers are terrible, students have the option of seeking help on the internet these days.
nairalanda1:

Excellent post, man.

And I like your point about online lectures (in my day, internet was sparse, if not non existent. Right now, students have access to far more materials online)

1 Like

Re: Poor Result From UNICAL Mathematics Department by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 18, 2023
tollyboy5:

The job of a lecturer is to impart knowledge in which the lecturer failed. His course alone cant be used to judge the intellectual capacity of the student. He is a failure.

Guy its seems u don't know how lazy many people have become in terms of academic....
I had a good lecturer in a particular course in school that most students in my department failed....
Many people are no longer reading.
Re: Poor Result From UNICAL Mathematics Department by sameks08(m): 3:58pm On Jul 18, 2023
Na only cultism dem sabi
Re: Poor Result From UNICAL Mathematics Department by achimendy(m): 3:58pm On Jul 18, 2023
Benblaq:
Would you fault this result on the students or lecturer?

The lecturer is at fault. The school Senate should summon him or her. Asap.
Re: Poor Result From UNICAL Mathematics Department by ajepako(f): 4:01pm On Jul 18, 2023
enemyofprogress:
Make I help ajepako check her own

Walahi you go find am

Me and maths are sworn enemies

But sha, check LASU 1996 set tongue tongue

Werey Ogbomosho tongue

1 Like

Re: Poor Result From UNICAL Mathematics Department by TheBillyonaire: 4:05pm On Jul 18, 2023
tuzle:
I still don't understand u, like 90% failed in the class and u are saying the lecturer has no fault in this. Like is it that the school admitted dull people. How can the highest be 52 over 100. That shows the lecturer is not doing something right whether unical or whatever.

Not true. Social Media and tik toking has affected students academic performances. We can not blame a lecturer. Your lecturer is not your teacher. Even without social media those days, ask around about Maths Department and Chemistry Departments in Unical. They produced the brightest students cos you must burn your candle. No one was fuccking anyone for grades those days, in fact you can get fuccked with no grades awarded by Proff Edem and Co.

You show adults what to do and leave them to do it, but I can understand that students are more interested in yahoo yahoo and hook up than learning. But that needs not concern me.

I do not support nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Poor Result From UNICAL Mathematics Department by sulaak(m): 4:06pm On Jul 18, 2023
Kimikazi2:
How can the highest score be 52. The examiner is a failure

Maybe the failure is with the students and lecturers
Re: Poor Result From UNICAL Mathematics Department by emmy512: 4:08pm On Jul 18, 2023
immortalmortal:
In some good schools, the lecturer's ability to impact knowledge on his students would be questioned. He could lose his job for this kind of failure. Egong(late), Akpan, Effanga etc, Were failures in that department. Especially Egong
Let the dead breath.
Re: Poor Result From UNICAL Mathematics Department by bobochem: 4:34pm On Jul 18, 2023
The lecturer shld be issued a query.You can't fail students like this in private universities and
and go Scott free
Re: Poor Result From UNICAL Mathematics Department by correctguy101(m): 5:01pm On Jul 18, 2023
TheBillyonaire:

Not true. Social Media and tik toking has affected students academic performances. We can not blame a lecturer. Your lecturer is not your teacher. Even without social media those days, ask around about Maths Department and Chemistry Departments in Unical. They produced the brightest students cos you must burn your candle. No one was fuccking anyone for grades those days, in fact you can get fuccked with no grades awarded by Proff Edem and Co.

You show adults what to do and leave them to do it, but I can understand that students are more interested in yahoo yahoo and hook up than learning. But that needs not concern me.

I do not support nonsense.

True talk @ the bolded

To every reaction there's a cause, whether equal or opposite, who cares?

Only very few are invested in truly studying even this daddy tends to be very selective or have little or no interest these days.

Signs of a collapsed value system?
Re: Poor Result From UNICAL Mathematics Department by Middleborn: 5:02pm On Jul 18, 2023
This was a common result in Dept. of Mathematics/statistics during my time in UNIPORT... Mhen those lecturers destroyed us. We thank God for other options in life if not we would not be alive now.

I remember then Dr. E. E David (then, the HOD), he was so wicked when the students heard he was involved in a ghastly car accident on his way to UNIUYO, they bought wine and were celebrating...the final years students were happy they would graduate in larger quantity.

I remember Dr. Udo Apkan, Dr. Alimi, Prof. Iwundu, Dr. emmmm (i don forget him name, one short wicked Reverend)......o men, wicked people full that dept. for UNIPORT. In 2010, i graduated with a third class and an extra year. Now, thank God we are big boys who control the world economy. We dont talk too much about the evils we have endured in the University.
Re: Poor Result From UNICAL Mathematics Department by janeedema(f): 5:09pm On Jul 18, 2023
Woah! I remember Effanga. The name Egong sounds familiar. Then, there was a Mr Isaac.

quote author=immortalmortal post=124489909]In some good schools, the lecturer's ability to impact knowledge on his students would be questioned. He could lose his job for this kind of failure. Egong(late), Akpan, Effanga etc, Were failures in that department. Especially Egong[/quote]
Re: Poor Result From UNICAL Mathematics Department by janeedema(f): 5:14pm On Jul 18, 2023
Computer science department? Wow!! My department. Second graduating set from the dept.

quote author=slawomir post=124497289]Damnnn niggar
Isoright

Who send them go mathematics department

Same thing we experienced in computer science department that year

We were always seeing something like
EDEDE
EFE
EfCC
But one thing about lecturers... the ones that are strict are the ones you can easily pass their course
Just follow their rules
Attend class and write your name on attendance sheet
Write their assignment and text
Then read just a little in exam and you will definitely get your B
[/quote]
Re: Poor Result From UNICAL Mathematics Department by janeedema(f): 5:17pm On Jul 18, 2023
If the highest score is 52, then your analysis doesn't fly. Most students you say, not all students.

This means there are some studious students in class.

If the highest the studious ones can get is 52, then something is wrong with the way the information was communicated or the marking scheme.

quote author=PrinceofSarcasm post=124497308]The students . Most youths today are junkies and have no sense of priorities.

They want to get rich with minimal effort hence always resort to crime. 99% of the ladies are prostitutes while the men are fraudsters !

So what do you expect from such a wasted dysfunctional group?

[/quote]
Re: Poor Result From UNICAL Mathematics Department by janeedema(f): 5:21pm On Jul 18, 2023
True.

But it's possible that mathematics is a borrowed course; hence, made the students complacent to studying it.

I know social science borrow mathematics in the department.quote author=1972xy post=124497459]The lecturer should be investigated [/quote]
Re: Poor Result From UNICAL Mathematics Department by NaijaCrusader: 5:37pm On Jul 18, 2023
Results like these are the reason why private university is taking over from public universities because you can never see a result like this in a private university. A lecture with rate of failures is proud to publish the result and the dean accepted it,what wickedness this is tantamount to witchcraft.
The decay in our Nigerian society is simply too much. The lecturer should be ashamed of himself/herself it's just a disgrace
Re: Poor Result From UNICAL Mathematics Department by GentleRay: 5:47pm On Jul 18, 2023
Majority of them are Obidents grin
Re: Poor Result From UNICAL Mathematics Department by sinola(m): 5:50pm On Jul 18, 2023
immortalmortal:
In some good schools, the lecturer's ability to impact knowledge on his students would be questioned. He could lose his job for this kind of failure. Egong(late), Akpan, Effanga etc, Were failures in that department. Especially Egong

spot on! in a sane institution, hw will be tagged as an incompetent lecturer and be sacked!

But here in naija, he will be boasting that none of his student passed his course.

1 Like

Re: Poor Result From UNICAL Mathematics Department by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 18, 2023
tollyboy5:

The job of a lecturer is to impart knowledge in which the lecturer failed. His course alone cant be used to judge the intellectual capacity of the student. He is a failure.

I know Ur type bro
Re: Poor Result From UNICAL Mathematics Department by OMBIIGA: 6:09pm On Jul 18, 2023
Perhaps is an evil strategy by the lecturer for the students to come for sorting!!
Re: Poor Result From UNICAL Mathematics Department by jakyboy(m): 6:22pm On Jul 18, 2023
My HOD will not accept this result from the lecturer.
Re: Poor Result From UNICAL Mathematics Department by MegaStarr(m): 6:35pm On Jul 18, 2023
immortalmortal:

Is Egong late? He was already living like a walking dead man.
Re: Poor Result From UNICAL Mathematics Department by ArsenWinner: 7:17pm On Jul 18, 2023
Timoleon:
Lecturer(s).

Lecturers that have results like these often pride themselves in failing students. When you dig deep enough, you’ll find a real disconnect n their teaching methods. Either they didn’t attend enough classes or don’t know simpler methods of imparting the knowledge on the students.

(This is not to absolve the students from failure o, you are in school to learn and excel, even if your lecturer Dey mad, there are lectures online you can use to help yourself).

Truth however is that lecturers like this are in almost all if not all our public universities. In my books, they are failures.
The man isnt quify to lecture. How can 90% fail if u actually taught well.
Re: Poor Result From UNICAL Mathematics Department by 12inchess: 7:22pm On Jul 18, 2023
If all your students fail like this then as a lecturer you're a failure as well. Quit your job and save your students the stress. If you're a doctor and all your patients are dying or if you're a lawyer and all your clients lose all their cases won't we term you a failed professional?
Re: Poor Result From UNICAL Mathematics Department by Ferrous(m): 7:39pm On Jul 18, 2023
Those ones wey get 'C' go dey form Jagaban
Re: Poor Result From UNICAL Mathematics Department by immortalmortal: 7:40pm On Jul 18, 2023
sampsonub100:

You mean Egong is late? I knew him during my time at the department. I graduated in 2015. As for Prof. Effanga, I don't know why you said he is a failure. He is one of the best teacher I've known till date.

He(Effanga) failed my because I refused to sort him. Had my script remarked and I had an A
Egong died in February I guess
Re: Poor Result From UNICAL Mathematics Department by immortalmortal: 7:42pm On Jul 18, 2023
TheBillyonaire:
The UniCal Math Department is known to maintain strict adherance to failing students that are not excellent.

Chemistry was the worst
Re: Poor Result From UNICAL Mathematics Department by immortalmortal: 7:44pm On Jul 18, 2023
emmy512:

Let the dead breath.

He didn't let poor, innocent girls breath
Re: Poor Result From UNICAL Mathematics Department by immortalmortal: 7:45pm On Jul 18, 2023
ediko5:

Wait o. The notorious Egong is dead?
Do you know how he died? He was rumoured to be HIV positive then.

He died in February I guess

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chioma Abone & Emmanuela Ilok Develop App To Tackle Kidnapping In Schools / Technical University, Ibadan Built By Central Bank (Photos) / Mohammed Mustafa Cengiz Graduates As Best Student From Russian Medical School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.