Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,696 members, 7,865,761 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 04:39 AM

How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? (25703 Views)

How Much Are You Buying A Litre Of Petrol In Your Area? / FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases / NNPC To Nigerians: Avoid Panic Buying, We Have 1.7bn Litres Of Petrol In Stock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by nairalanda1(m): 6:58pm On Jul 18, 2023
jikins:

If thats how far you comprehended it who am I to argue grin

When someone says how have you fared before and after something. That after you have become poorer than you were before. Thats enough to put 2 and 2 together, if you were richer before or after but hey who am I to judge you do you grin

So, basically, in your opinion, subsidy has made us a first world country,an exporter of manufactured goods, and an exporter of refined petrol to Africa and Asia and Europe.

Nice to hear, and thanks for playing.
Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by jikins(m): 6:59pm On Jul 18, 2023
nairalanda1:

So, basically, in your opinion, subsidy has made us a first world country,an exporter of manufactured goods, and an exporter of refined petrol to Africa and Asia and Europe.

Nice to hear, and thanks for playing.

This is why I said comprehension skill is important. Who reads what I said and comes to this conclusion grin grin grin

Goan play outside jare
Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by nairalanda1(m): 7:01pm On Jul 18, 2023
jikins:

This is why I said comprehension skill is important. Who reads what I said and comes to this conclusion grin grin grin

Goan play outside jare

In other words, I understand you to say that keeping subsidy is why we are a major exporter of refined petroleum products, a major exporter of industrial goods and services and about to break the record in exports of chemical fertilizers, and why we are now sending men and women into space.

Thanks for telling me that, I did not know that.
Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by DMerciful(m): 7:07pm On Jul 18, 2023
You're just shortchanging yourself in vain!

While you think its prudent for subsidy to go, the president is approving 70 billion for NASS,
114% salary increase, their convoys remains unchanged.

Democracy is not good for docile citizens!
nairalanda1:
It was N537 at the local NNPC station yesterday, should be hitting the new price now.

Yes, it is tough. Yes, as someone who supports subsidy removal, I wish it was not so. I wish we had to keep the subsidy, and even buy fuel at N120...OR LESS.

But right now, we don't have freedom of choice...and it is so messed up.

And yes, I am pissed we have had bad governments since 1999, I am not a fan of this government, I wish we voted out APC, PDP, LP, NNPP, and company and brought in new people....

But we cannot keep on doing the same thing and expect the same result.
Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by nairalanda1(m): 7:12pm On Jul 18, 2023
DMerciful:

While you think its prudent for subsidy to go, the president is approving 70 billion for NASS,

I believe that the president should not have approved 70 billion for NASS.

Or appproved any salary increase.

Both are wrong (and anyway, since I did not vote for APC, because I kind of was angry with them, and regarded them as the mirror image of the detestable PDP as early as 2014)...

But the hard fact is, 70 billion cannot pay our subsidy costs for one year or even one month.

It could do wonders for a government university if it was spent there though.

Do I like it? No. Do I like our current crup of leaders, NO. Do I wish that subsidy should have gone? No and no. I even wish there was a way to keep fuel cheap for even just the poorest of the poor somehow.

But we made bad choices for years, even before 1999, and here we are. You can call me a tinubu supporter, a gej supporter, a corn eater, a joker and a fool, and whatever abuse you have......but at the moment subsidy is not sustainable anymore, AND I EFFING HATE THAT FACT.
Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by jikins(m): 7:15pm On Jul 18, 2023
nairalanda1:

In other words, I understand you to say that keeping subsidy is why we are a major exporter of refined petroleum products, a major exporter of industrial goods and services and about to break the record in exports of chemical fertilizers, and why we are now sending men and women into space.

Thanks for telling me that, I did not know that.

Don't bother understanding its not your calling grin grin
Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by nairalanda1(m): 7:16pm On Jul 18, 2023
jikins:

Don't bother understanding its not your calling grin grin

So, you are saying that Nigeria in 50 years of retaining subsidy went from third world to first world, and that Gowon who introduced the subsidy is being hailed as a great leader in the same vein as Lee Kwam Yew.
Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by Ijaya123: 7:18pm On Jul 18, 2023
SemperFid:

Everyone knows the power of the executive in this country but it is unfortunate that idiots like you believe that power of the executive can only be used for bad things and not for the good of the people. The anambta state house wanted to renovate their complex with the same figure from the coffers of the state bit Peter stood on it and prevented it because it was outrageous. Sometimes try and have mercy on your miserable self, show your self some love, how long again until you die, na like this u go de.

Your parents are id!ots. If not they would have trained you how to engage others without insulting them. Stup!d id!ot.

You see why I said so much arrogant display of ignorance is worrying you. Is it the same law that is guiding states that is guiding the executive and the legislative arm of government at the federal levels?

Is is very obvious now that Obi supporters and functional reasoning capacity are in a long term relationship.
Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by jikins(m): 7:18pm On Jul 18, 2023
nairalanda1:

So, you are saying that Nigeria in 50 years of retaining subsidy went from third world to first world, and that Gowon who introduced the subsidy is being hailed as a great leader in the same vein as Lee Kwam Yew.

grin grin grin this is hilarious go on wanna see what next your imagination cooks
Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by nairalanda1(m): 7:20pm On Jul 18, 2023
jikins:

grin grin grin this is hilarious go on wanna see what next your imagination cooks

But of course, you believe subsidy made us rich, I am just showing you I understand what you said.

You also showed me how subsidy made us build a refinery construction industry, which we use to build refinereis worldwide. I believe you told me you work for a company based in Lagos that builds refineries in Europe and Asia.
Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by zinaunreal(m): 7:21pm On Jul 18, 2023
DMerciful:

Guy stop talking nonsense. Keep shut
Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by jikins(m): 7:22pm On Jul 18, 2023
nairalanda1:

But of course, you believe subsidy made us rich, I am just showing you I understand what you said.

You also showed me how subsidy made us build a refinery construction industry, which we use to build refinereis worldwide. I believe you told me you work for a company based in Lagos that builds refineries in Europe and Asia.

Lol you truly understood grin grin. Your comprehension skills are the best I have ever seen. Such a wonder
Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by Ofemmanu1: 7:23pm On Jul 18, 2023
Kylekent59:
Imagine Peter Obi was the president and petrol was sold for #600

In that timeline, hell will let lose.
Oboy?!
Boys for don scatter all yebhoe shops.
Naija for don dey boil.

But see where we are now?!
Shame no let people talk.
Na suffer Nigerians dey now.

Obi should be thanking his Stars now.
Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by nairalanda1(m): 7:23pm On Jul 18, 2023
jikins:

Lol you truly understood grin grin. Your comprehension skills are the best I have ever seen. Such a wonder

Yes, you said that subsidy has made us a top nation, stronger than the USA.
Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by jikins(m): 7:23pm On Jul 18, 2023
nairalanda1:

Yes, you said that subsidy has made us a top nation, stronger than the USA.

So true so true ride on cheesy grin grin
Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by gammarays(m): 7:24pm On Jul 18, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Judiciary will not steal mandate from No. 1 and give it to No 3 . Only fraudsters do that like those who fraudulently produced this rigged agulu results.
Check my signature for free stuffs!
Mugu
Like they took mandate from number 1 and gave to APC Hope Uzodinma number 4 in Imo state
Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by DMerciful(m): 7:30pm On Jul 18, 2023
Subsidy is sustainable if the cost of governance is reduced by 40%, if the people smuggling fuel across the borders to neighboring countries are apprehended and prosecuted, if the people inflating the number of litres consumed are prosecuted, if the refineries are made to work etc.

Why are we not holding the criminal political class accountable? Why are we letting them get away with fantastic corruption?
nairalanda1:

I believe that the president should not have approved 70 billion for NASS.

Or appproved any salary increase.

Both are wrong (and anyway, since I did not vote for APC, because I kind of was angry with them, and regarded them as the mirror image of the detestable PDP as early as 2014)...

But the hard fact is, 70 billion cannot pay our subsidy costs for one year or even one month.

It could do wonders for a government university if it was spent there though.

Do I like it? No. Do I like our current crup of leaders, NO. Do I wish that subsidy should have gone? No and no. I even wish there was a way to keep fuel cheap for even just the poorest of the poor somehow.

But we made bad choices for years, even before 1999, and here we are. You can call me a tinubu supporter, a gej supporter, a corn eater, a joker and a fool, and whatever abuse you have......but at the moment subsidy is not sustainable anymore, AND I EFFING HATE THAT FACT.
Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by DMerciful(m): 7:31pm On Jul 18, 2023
Who is this nuisance?
zinaunreal:

Guy stop talking nonsense. Keep shut
Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by zinaunreal(m): 7:31pm On Jul 18, 2023
DMerciful:
Who is this nuisance?

I said shut your basket mouth up. Poverty sniffer
Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by karzyharsky(m): 7:35pm On Jul 18, 2023
Shey it still dey favor you and your family
Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by Throwback: 7:36pm On Jul 18, 2023
Blaze14k:

At this point dragging obi to this issue is the lowest of the lows. It simply shows u guys don't know how to criticize tinubu cos u will end up looking stupid. I listened to interview of some yoruba people most of them are very disappointed

How did Obi enter the discussion to begin with?

See the initial post I quoted and how he wanted to get cheap popularity for Obi as though what is happening now isn't the same that would happen regardless of who removed the subsidy among the top presidential candidates who all promised to remove it.

Kylekent59:
Imagine Peter Obi was the president and petrol was sold for #600

In that timeline, hell will let lose.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by nairalanda1(m): 7:38pm On Jul 18, 2023
DMerciful:
Subsidy is sustainable if the cost of governance is reduced by 40%, if the people smuggling fuel across the borders to neighboring countries are apprehended and prosecuted, if the people inflating the number of litres consumed are prosecuted, if the refineries are made to work etc.

Why are we not holding the criminal political class accountable? Why are we letting them get away with fantastic corruption?

Here is the thing

Aso Rock budget was around 70 billuon, National Assembly around 150 billion. For one year.

Subsidy costs for the six months averaged over 400 billion monthly. And government still owes NNPC 2.8 trillion in unpaid subsidy costs.

WE should cut government spending, but it won't do much. The problem is, we cannot do anything about the cost of production.

As for smuggling, other countries with subsidy have heavy duty smuggling problems. Libya is even using airstrikes on smugglers self.
Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by DMerciful(m): 7:44pm On Jul 18, 2023
That 400 billion monthly is not real, highly inflated. Besides even if the NASS and fg budget for themselves is N10 billion, they should cut it by half as a show of leadership and sacrifice before asking citizens to make sacrifice.

Mind you the lives of political office holders are 100% subsidized
nairalanda1:

Here is the thing

Aso Rock budget was around 70 billuon, National Assembly around 150 billion. For one year.

Subsidy costs for the six months averaged over 400 billion monthly. And government still owes NNPC 2.8 trillion in unpaid subsidy costs.

WE should cut government spending, but it won't do much. The problem is, we cannot do anything about the cost of production.

As for smuggling, other countries with subsidy have heavy duty smuggling problems. Libya is even using airstrikes on smugglers self.
Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by DMerciful(m): 7:45pm On Jul 18, 2023
Run along, we're no where near the same levels
zinaunreal:

I said shut your basket mouth up. Poverty sniffer
Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by nairalanda1(m): 7:47pm On Jul 18, 2023
DMerciful:
That 400 billion monthly is not real, highly inflated. Besides even if the NASS and fg budget for themselves is N10 billion, they should cut it by half as a show of leadership and sacrifice before asking citizens to make sacrifice.

Mind you the lives of political office holders are 100% subsidized

1. The inflation is why I want subsidy to go.

2.Inflation may also be real...smuggling, stealing , corruption, etc adds its own.

3.And it happens because we force petrol to be sold below what it costs to produce and pay a subsidy to cover the loss.

4.At the end of the day, when that happens, money is lost.

Meanwhile , products sold at market price don't have that issue. Ever wonder why Innoson is still working? Because he is allowed to sell his cars at a profit. He is not forced to sell cars at N500000 so that the poor can drive cars.
Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by Blaze14k: 7:47pm On Jul 18, 2023
Throwback:

How did Obi enter the discussion to begin with?

See the initial post I quoted and how he wanted to get cheap popularity for Obi as though what is happening now isn't the same that would happen regardless of who removed the subsidy among the top presidential candidates who all promised to remove it.

Lol make una continue to drag obi don't face the problem uve created. Very soon u will say its obi that is causing the hardship. You people said tinubu is not buhari that he will take a different approach and here we are. Now u r dragging obi and atiku as if they will take same approach as tinubu did. How hypocritical! Honestly speaking we are not ready to fix our problem. Just know that this is the new normal and nobody do anything about it. So let's all suffer it together while tinubu make his cronies rich
Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by nomolos92: 7:54pm On Jul 18, 2023
nairalanda1:

Aye comrade, but I am sitting this out.

The truth is, if we keep the subsidy, we would soon end up where Sri Lanka is....broke, decrepit, no money to even pay for anything.

For me it's a choice between the devil with ten thousand tortures and the devil with a billion tortures.

If Obi was in Tinubu's place and was removing subsidy, or even Atiku, I would keep quiet. AND BACK THEM. Forget politics, this goes way beyond politics.

The Debt Management Office has disclosed that Nigeria's total foreign debt for the period ending March 31st, 2023, has risen to N49. 85 trillion ($108.30 billion) from N46. 25 trillion as of December 21st 2022.
While Sri Lanka External Debt reached 50.6 USD bn in Mar 2023, compared with 49.7 USD bn in the previous quarter.

And funny enough, subsidy was removed and we're still borrowing, who is fooling who?
Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by DMerciful(m): 7:55pm On Jul 18, 2023
You can't remove subsidy and keep minimum wage at N30,000. Nigeria is already the poverty capital of the world, don't make it an exponential.

Subsidy can go when other things have been put in place.

The insecurity is the driver of inflation, not subsidy in my opinion.

I support the removal of subsidy but after certain things have been done. Besides, the fall of Nigerian currency should not be a yardstick to ascertain whether petrol is relatively cheaper or expensive compared to other countries. The citizens shouldn't bear the brunt of govts ineptitude in strengthening the naira. Are we saying if naira falls to 2000 to a dollar, then fuel goes to N2000/litre? Thats atrocious!
nairalanda1:

1. The inflation is why I want subsidy to go.

2.Inflation may also be real...smuggling, stealing , corruption, etc adds its own.

3.And it happens because we force petrol to be sold below what it costs to produce and pay a subsidy to cover the loss.

4.At the end of the day, when that happens, money is lost.

Meanwhile , products sold at market price don't have that issue. Ever wonder why Innoson is still working? Because he is allowed to sell his cars at a profit. He is not forced to sell cars at N500000 so that the poor can drive cars.
Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by Abemy(m): 8:02pm On Jul 18, 2023
N350 in Imo state.
Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by otis3(m): 8:07pm On Jul 18, 2023
[quote author=ambale post=124500094]

One attribute of agbado supporters is senselessness

If you have a car that you fuel, you will not be saying this.

bros abeg dey calm down na ...no be only u get car wey u dey fuel even if the guy no get car, he dey enter bus na...abi na trek the guy dey ni?
Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by ambale(m): 8:07pm On Jul 18, 2023
PrinceofSarcasm:

Good point he really is stupid though I mea. FreeStuffsNG has to be the most idiotic person in this forum 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Nothing he posts is classy or of integrity

You know him now, very senseless

1 Like

Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by ambale(m): 8:09pm On Jul 18, 2023
[quote author=otis3 post=124506070][/quote]

I no abuse am now, if you dey spend like 8k to 10k daily on fuel, you no go vex too??

Radarada

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tompolo Not Bigger Than Nigeria; He Must Be Arrested – Keyamo / Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? / 2019: Why Buhari's Exit Is Sacrosanct

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.