Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,711 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station (29371 Views)

Is N488 The New Official Price Of Fuel? (NNPC Station In Lagos) / Subsidy: Petrol Hits N1,200 Per Litre In Ebonyi / Fuel Subsidy Returns As Open Market Price Of Petrol Hits ₦183 Per Litre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by RecessionistPMB: 2:37pm On Jul 18, 2023
[color=#006600][/color]The ship has sailed. Subsidy removal has a ripple effect. In fact, the effect outweighs the benefits based on the present configuration of Nigeria economy. If Tinubu is actually smart, he would have blocked all subsidy leakages and possibly go after the perpetrators of the scam. Also, revamping all local refineries should have been his top priority.
NaijaCrusader:
Retracting from a bad decision is not a crime. It is now obvious that removing the subsidy is a disaster that can only get worse. The government should as a matter of urgency return the subsidy even if it is to 200naira a litre and from there start proper planning and strategy as to how to remove it and other steps to govern because it seems they are being overwhelmed by the magnitude of governing a vast nation like Nigeria the biggest in Africa and one of the biggest in the world
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by Kajaard: 2:38pm On Jul 18, 2023
kingxsamz:
Good thing I have my APC membership card. I'm buying mine for #120 per litre.

It seems you have the old APC card. Those of us with the new cards buy a litre of Petrol for 50 naira only.

Please go to your nearest APC office and get the new card.

6 Likes

Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by obinna58(m): 2:39pm On Jul 18, 2023
And some people still wants to sit at home
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by Peterpanny: 2:40pm On Jul 18, 2023
Dotherightthing:

Just shut up!

You won't be saying if Obi had was the president.

Eggs must be broken for omelette to be made.

These are trying times and we shall overcome. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

Local production of PMS is the way forward
trying times will favour you and your family.
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by kingxsamz(m): 2:40pm On Jul 18, 2023
Kajaard:

It seems you have the old APC card. Those of us with the new cards buy a litre of Petrol for 50 naira only.

Thanks for the update.👏🏾
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by Kukutenla: 2:41pm On Jul 18, 2023
nairalanda1:
The thing is, if subsidy comes back, we won't pay the price now, but when we do, it would be in a way that won't be to our liking.

Modifed

For those wondering why I support subsidy removal...below shows subsidy as a percentage of our oil revenue.

Note that in 2012, 2015, and 2017, prices went up...see how it affected subsidy costs then.
So according to your chart, why is subsidy bad? Or would you prefer that the money be looted instead? Is the money not being pushed in the economy in form of subsidy?

Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by clems88(m): 2:41pm On Jul 18, 2023
Buddha3:
APC and Tinubu's supporters will be the foundation of the next protests.. grin
for where? They are still supporting him. Don't your see them on every thread when they throw insult on people who tries to condemn what his doing?.
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by nairalanda1(m): 2:42pm On Jul 18, 2023
Kukutenla:

So according to your chart, why is subsidy bad? Or would you prefer that the money be looted instead? Is the money not being pushed in the economy in form of subsidy?

See the figures from 2010 and 11, when fuel was N65 and compare to 2012 where fuel was now at N97.

Also see 2015, when fuel was N87 and 2016 WHEN it went up to N145.

If you cannot see, sorry.
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by santakris(m): 2:42pm On Jul 18, 2023
Great news. APC supporters are still buying at 215 naira.
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by sholay4star: 2:42pm On Jul 18, 2023
Emilokan
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by Omoapena(m): 2:42pm On Jul 18, 2023
Aiye BAT ati supporter e ma baje ni
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by amstamon: 2:42pm On Jul 18, 2023
Dotherightthing:

Just shut up!

Papaw dey spoil, dem say e dey ripe

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by Popesuccess(m): 2:42pm On Jul 18, 2023
Dotherightthing:

Just shut up!

The local production should have being put in place before this. As it is now, there is even no plans for local production, they just planning to share money.
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 18, 2023
Onward and upward we shall overcome.

Contact me for a clean 2013 toyota corolla with original custom duty papers.

Asking Price 5.8m
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by nairalanda1(m): 2:44pm On Jul 18, 2023
Buddha3:
APC and Tinubu's supporters will be the foundation of the next protests.. grin

There will be protests. I expect protests.

In Kenya, there are protests, some months after subsides were removed

Ghana is lowkey seeing some protests, while they wait for IMF to bail them.
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by Believeintruth: 2:44pm On Jul 18, 2023
Dotherightthing:

Cement is not the only thing that is produced locally.

Local refineries will bring down the cost of PMS ultimately.

You are really high on dried cow dung. with the rubbish going on, it will not reduce the price of PMS not even eventually.
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by lexy2014: 2:44pm On Jul 18, 2023
FreedomArmy:
Ronu miscreants will buy @250

No. It is N50 for them

1 Like

Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by mbaise1000: 2:46pm On Jul 18, 2023
Bobloco:

Everyone is feeling it

Agbadorites, obidients, PDP, APC, labour party

Everyone is feeling it but I think some people will feel it more, those that will feel it less are those that doesn't believe in the first place, those that will feel it more are those who voted on tribal lines, those that voted for tinubu with sincere hope that he will do better are not going to feel it much because they sincerely believe they are choosing the best, the reason IGBOS will not feel it much is because they have conditioned themselves already for the worst, since none of the govts have made any difference here, we aren't expecting anything different
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by Calitoscassius(m): 2:46pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ikpeyi:
We are all feeling the heat.
naaa! Only IGBOs are feeling it. grin grin Tifnubu supporters will get petrol for free
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by Nteogwuija(m): 2:47pm On Jul 18, 2023
Mrtaye:

Is cement petrol or do you consumer cement daily

Okay, is Rice petrol, and do you consume rice daily?
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by Safyqueen: 2:48pm On Jul 18, 2023
proeast:
Honestly, I pity NW and NE. These two regions already had poverty rates at almost 90%. By now, it would be approaching 99% grin grin

Tinubu is like a mad man with lighter in a gas station. He will set this country ablaze if he isn't stopped on time cheesy

Leave that old man he never know this country. Those world bank propagandist and neo-colonialist collaborators are setting him on a thread-bridge. He will soon fell with the bridge.
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by uchaymart(m): 2:49pm On Jul 18, 2023
Dotherightthing:

Just shut up!

Leave Jesus out of your clveless comment, you idi8t.
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by Calitoscassius(m): 2:49pm On Jul 18, 2023
620 is only for Obidients grin grin Agbadorians and Tifnubu supporter will get free petrol.. all they have to do is show their agberoism ID cards and oh! If forgot the it will favour me and my families crew.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by samwillyco1(m): 2:49pm On Jul 18, 2023
This APC promise
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by Mrtaye: 2:50pm On Jul 18, 2023
nairalanda1:

If we return subsidy, the costs will be higher than they were a few months ago, meaning we could be spending as much as 700 billion on subsidy a month. If not more.

Adding that on top of our debt burden, and our limited revenue from oil is going to impact our economy in ways you won't love.
That means the policy makers are bereft of ideas...let them make way for people wey Sabi abi wetin consign me with their subsidy nonsense...was I there when they were signing the subsidy rubbish so why should I be paying through my nose for their indiscretion
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by XY23: 2:50pm On Jul 18, 2023
tete7000:

If Obi had come in and remove subsidy, it would have been the same thing.

Lol. How I detest this comment. Adults sounding like kids. Since all family men are perceived to be responsible, do they run their homes the same way? Are the outcomes of their leadership the same? You folks can't admit you were poor in your judgement of the issues surrounding the last elections. Nigerians missed it.
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by LadyTara(f): 2:51pm On Jul 18, 2023
One thing with bad governance, only the elite wins everyone else looses as laws will be made to favour the elites before everyone else.

The people who voted for bad governance because it's benefits them and their family ,will have no where to hide when those who the government didn't favor come for them. Expect crime rate to triple. Robbery and break-ins are steadily increasing. The so called "comfortable middle class" are going to be the biggest victims.

Bad governance be like rain, e go touch everybody.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by Calitoscassius(m): 2:51pm On Jul 18, 2023
Kajaard:

You must have the old card, you need to get the new agbado and agbero card, grin grin we are getting petrol free with the new agbado card.

Please call MC Oluomo for the new agbado card.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by nairalanda1(m): 2:51pm On Jul 18, 2023
Mrtaye:

That means the policy makers are bereft of ideas...let them make way for people wey Sabi abi wetin consign me with their subsidy nonsense...was I there when they were signing the subsidy rubbish so why should I be paying through my nose for their indiscretion

Well, the thing is, we have no choice.

If all 3 main candidates, and most of the minor candidates agreed subsidy should be gone, plus, once Buhari signed PIA, the subsidy removal thing was set in law.....
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by slimfit1(m): 2:55pm On Jul 18, 2023
georgeakins:

If Innoson motors are good, why are Ibos transporters not using them?

We don't need those substandard Chinese BAIC Motors on our roads.

You don't need to bring that negative energy here.
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by Mrtaye: 2:55pm On Jul 18, 2023
tete7000:

If Obi had come in and remove subsidy, it would have been the same thing.
Obi has no business with the subsidy nonsense...he is all about modular refineries that will produce fuel locally for is as Nigerians on our own Naira...it is an aberration and disservice to carry our crude out to refine outside and sell to us excorbitantly all in the name of dollar this dollar that...se ogun laiye ni
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by mbaise1000: 2:56pm On Jul 18, 2023
Kukutenla:

Was subsidy very good when tinubu and most of the people supporting it today were protesting against the removal, they called Jonathan insensitive and many other derogatory names, what changed? Who are this looting the money? Are they different from these present politicians? What many of us are saying is that there are so many bigots and hypocrites here on nairaland and nigeria in general, this subsidy is the only thing that the avarage nigerian is getting from Nigeria and now a few people are going to still loot it, it should have been done by phases and gradually and people will be able to cushion the effects but look at the situation now, supporting evil and wickedness to spite others is wicked itself, fortunately even as everyone is buying at the same price there are a group who will feel this lesser than the others because they never believed in the first place

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Governors Silent After Meeting Buhari In London / Miebi Albert Employs Man Who Picked His Lost Iphone 8 In Bayelsa. Photos / Nigeria’s New Visa Policy: 13 Things You Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.