Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,486 members, 7,836,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station (29424 Views)

Is N488 The New Official Price Of Fuel? (NNPC Station In Lagos) / Subsidy: Petrol Hits N1,200 Per Litre In Ebonyi / Fuel Subsidy Returns As Open Market Price Of Petrol Hits ₦183 Per Litre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by Kukutenla: 7:17pm On Jul 18, 2023
nairalanda1:

The coat rack is on the way out, dear boy.
grin grin grin
Just get your 617 ready. Adapter cheesy cheesy
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by nairalanda1(m): 7:18pm On Jul 18, 2023
Kukutenla:

grin grin grin
Just get your 617 ready. Adapter cheesy cheesy

No problem, it is better than paying for it at IMF HQ

Good to know you followed your master tinubu to ojota in 2012, while some of us sane people woke up, and realized that there was some right way.
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by Kukutenla: 7:29pm On Jul 18, 2023
nairalanda1:

No problem, it is better than paying for it at IMF HQ

Good to know you followed your master tinubu to ojota in 2012, while some of us sane people woke up, and realized that there was some right way.
grin cheesy grin

It's 6:17 o clock. GET READY
You can run you can't hide
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by Brimstone77: 7:40pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ikpeyi:

https://dailytrust.com/just-in-motorists-desert-kano-station-as-petrol-hits-n620-per-litre/

The increase in fuel price will favour them and their family...

😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 18, 2023
proeast:
Honestly, I pity NW and NE. These two regions already had poverty rates at almost 90%. By now, it would be approaching 99% grin grin

Tinubu is like a mad man with lighter in a gas station. He will set this country ablaze if he isn't stopped on time cheesy

oga,go and stop him,we are behind you, lol
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by DaRuud(m): 9:55pm On Jul 18, 2023

Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by tete7000(m): 10:00pm On Jul 18, 2023
XY23:

Lol. How I detest this comment. Adults sounding like kids. Since all family men are perceived to be responsible, do they run their homes the same way? Are the outcomes of their leadership the same? You folks can't admit you were poor in your judgement of the issues surrounding the last elections. Nigerians missed it.

Your comment just showed how stupidly ignorantly you are. The fact that you missed it that not everyone who punched a hole in the argument in question supports or voted Tinubu shows you haven't portrayed yourself an intelligent as you intended to sound like. I never routed for Tinubu but at the same time I don't see how Obi would have averted the current problems going by the way Buhari mismanaged the Nigerian economy.
You are an example of someone who knows next to nothing but who always wants brags he knows so much. You are really barely different from the Buhari and Tinubu you criticised. So stupidly and myopically ignorant.
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by tete7000(m): 10:05pm On Jul 18, 2023
Mrtaye:

Obi has no business with the subsidy nonsense...he is all about modular refineries that will produce fuel locally for is as Nigerians on our own Naira...it is an aberration and disservice to carry our crude out to refine outside and sell to us excorbitantly all in the name of dollar this dollar that...se ogun laiye ni

How many of such modular refineries do we have currently in existence? How long do you think it takes one to come on stream and how many of such do you think Nigeria need to provide for its consumption need? In between the times these refineries are to come on, how would Nigeria consumption be managed without subsidy since even Obi agreed that subsidy can't be sustained and in the light of mismanaged economy and bogus debt Buhari left behind?
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by ojonugba2014(m): 1:10am On Jul 19, 2023
Guess what.this is just the beginning
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by xcosent(m): 3:31am On Jul 19, 2023
Dotherightthing:

Just shut up!

You won't be saying if Obi were the president.

Eggs must be broken for omelette to be made.

These are trying times and we shall overcome. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

Local production of PMS is the way forward
Blublablu....na wetin we kept hearing for Buhari's tenure nothing tangible happend,anyways e go still favour me and my family 😀😀😀
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by xcosent(m): 3:38am On Jul 19, 2023
Dotherightthing:

We have crude oil in Nigeria... embarassed

Illegal refineries abound everywhere producing PMS, AGO and co. They can be legalized and taught better ways of production.

Show me illegal cement industries trying to producing cement. shocked

Stop comparing apples and oranges! angrySo una get sense like this...when Buhari was busy distroying illegal refinaries you guys were clapping even Osibanjo wanted to give them license but your demi-god refused 🧐🧐
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by xcosent(m): 3:43am On Jul 19, 2023
Dotherightthing:

Cement is not the only thing that is produced locally.

Local refineries will bring down the cost of PMS ultimately.

what Abt local rice....is it cheap,we use to buy foreign rice at cheaper when the border was still opend
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by samwillyco1(m): 3:46am On Jul 19, 2023
[quote author=nairalanda1 post=124499510][/quote]

To me he shouldn't have removed subsidy without getting our refineries working first. If our refineries are working the fuel pump price will be cheaper than what we are experiencing today.

Secondly, the money saved from the subsidy will also be looted by the so called politicians and their allowances will soon be increased.

Finally, the government should mandate the multi-national oil companies to build a module refineries in the country, through this fuel will be cheaper, and more employment will be created to the masses directly or indirectly.

N/B: This BAT, PMB and many other APC chieftains protested against subsidy removal during GEJ administration and called it a scam, when it could have been #150 per liter; what do you have to say about it?

If I have my way, I will leave this country today.
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by nairalanda1(m): 4:51am On Jul 19, 2023
samwillyco1:

To me he shouldn't have removed subsidy without getting our refineries working first. If our refineries are working the fuel pump price will be cheaper than what we are experiencing today.

1.Fuel won't be cheaper than it is if refineries are working. It costs money to keep a refinery working and running well.

All the countries that have domestic refining still sell fuel at high prices. At the end of the day, the owner got to pay maintenance costs, staff salaries , taxes, more taxes, community development costs, etc etc.

2.And the thing is, profits have to be made....to build more refineries self.

3.Finally, who is going to come and build refinery when subsidy means that you would sell at a loss?No bank is going to give you loan for that purpose. (Dangote and BUA got loans because if they default, the banks will just take over their lucrative other businesses and pay themselves back)

The thing you guys need to understand is for business to work, it has to be free to make a profit. We lost 4 refineries because we did not let them make a profit. Free subsidy money only encouraged looting, abuses, and stealing.

Secondly, the money saved from the subsidy will also be looted by the so called politicians and their allowances will soon be increased.

Oga, you people complain all day on nairaland, haven't you heard of holding politicans accountable?

Let us go and do it.

Finally, the government should mandate the multi-national oil companies to build a module refineries in the country, through this fuel will be cheaper, and more employment will be created to the masses directly or indirectly.
Yeah, but subsidy had to go first. They are companies, and companies have to make profits for modular refineries to work

Plus , again, nothing like cheap fuel. The companies have to make profits to see return on investment. Fuel may not be as high as N600, BUT it won't be as low as N200 again

N/B: This BAT, PMB and many other APC chieftains protested against subsidy removal during GEJ administration and called it a scam, when it could have been #150 per liter; what do you have to say about it?

They were wrong then, simple.

Again, you mistake me for their supporter. Supporting subsidy removal does not mean I back APC (and I am not even a fan of Buhari or tinubu. ). I am an apolitical Nigerian, and I don't back any of your big parties. My problem with Nigerian leaders is simple....we rely too much on selling raw materials to power our economy, and the model has not been working since even the 1980's, yet they won't change it.

So no, I don;t back them (and I get angry when I am called a batist or agbado...because it shows people don't even get me).

Back in the 1990's, I used to back subsidy well well. Infact I backed subsidy even as late as 2010-11. In early 2012, I started reading and listening to the government , and eventually that year I became a supporter of subsidy removal, and have been since then. The final straw for me was the amount we got or realised from raising prices from N65 to N97. THAT WOKE ME UP.

The honest truth is that most Nigerians have opposed subsidy. Back in the day that is why strongmen like Abacha daren't remove subsidy. Or even Obasanjo, either in his first or second comming. Because they knew that it meant protests.

That Tinubu is now a convert to subsidy removal has more to do with the fact that we are now at peak debt level. He literally has no choice. He would have kept subsidy if he had his way..like all his predecessors since Gowon, but he has no choice. DMO is shouting at him, IMF is looking at Nigeria one kind. Our debt servicing is now at 99% of our revenue...and we have no choice.

If I have my way, I will leave this country today.

No problem. But in most countries, fuel is expensive. (UK, fuel is at 1000 naira or more per liter). in part because of all sorts of rules in refining the stuff, government taxation (something we do not do here, but is done in Ghana), and the fact that they have to pay their workers better.The good thing is there is public transport (not necessarily cheap) and also cities are properly planned that many servicies are in walking distance (true in Europe especially).
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by Mrtaye: 5:23am On Jul 19, 2023
tete7000:

How many of such modular refineries do we have currently in existence? How long do you think it takes one to come on stream and how many of such do you think Nigeria need to provide for its consumption need? In between the times these refineries are to come on, how would Nigeria consumption be managed without subsidy since even Obi agreed that subsidy can't be sustained and in the light of mismanaged economy and bogus debt Buhari left behind?
They are many of this small scale refineries in the Niger Delta it's just for the nnpc to absorb them and give them the technicality as to how to get the standard end product that will be certified for our engines and in that way fuel will be very cheap and it will also rub on the prices of other commodities,goods and services.....and we won't have to depend on dollar this dollar that,abi why do we have to export our own crude for refining only to bring it back to Nigeria and sell to Nigerians at excorbitant prices all in the name of dollar price...... Libya sells petrol at the rate of 10 Naira per litre and we buy ours at almost 1000 naira mhen it's really distasteful and outrageous
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by nairalanda1(m): 5:27am On Jul 19, 2023
Mrtaye:

They are many of this small scale refineries in the Niger Delta it's just for the nnpc to absorb them and give them the technicality as to how to get the standard end product that will be certified for our engines and in that way fuel will be very cheap and it will also rub on the prices of other commodities,goods and services.....and we won't have to depend on dollar this dollar that,abi why do we have to export our own crude for refining only to bring it back to Nigeria and sell to Nigerians at excorbitant prices all in the name of dollar price...... Libya sells petrol at the rate of 10 Naira per litre and we buy ours at almost 1000 naira mhen it's really distasteful and outrageous

1. The refineries in the delta produce substandard fuel. For them to be upgraded to standard, they have to spend money, which means they would have to raise prices to make profits.

(Also they are unsafe. No sane government would legalise such refineries).

2.Libya produces 1.9millon barrels of crude, and has 8 million people. Nigeria by contrast produces 1.5m barrels of crude and has 220 million people.

Libya as a result can afford to subsidise fuel to very cheap cost. Nigeria can't do that because per capita, we don't have enough money compared to Libya, unless we want to declare 210 million Nigerians are no longer Nigerians.
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by Mrtaye: 10:02am On Jul 19, 2023
nairalanda1:

1. The refineries in the delta produce substandard fuel. For them to be upgraded to standard, they have to spend money, which means they would have to raise prices to make profits.

(Also they are unsafe. No sane government would legalise such refineries).

2.Libya produces 1.9millon barrels of crude, and has 8 million people. Nigeria by contrast produces 1.5m barrels of crude and has 220 million people.

Libya as a result can afford to subsidise fuel to very cheap cost. Nigeria can't do that because per capita, we don't have enough money compared to Libya, unless we want to declare 210 million Nigerians are no longer Nigerians.
This is where the nnpc should come by providing the needed technicality to arrive at the desired end products which was what I initially stated....we aren't buy crude oil because to God be the glory we have in abundance but the most important thing is make it cheaper for Nigerians and when you talk about profits of course they are going to make good money except you are talking of the over gain/profits that is suffocating Nigerians now which isn't supposed to be at the expense of millions of poor Nigerians......they can as well make their forex from the exported crude oil but the fact is crude export and fuel production in Nigeria are two parallel lines that should be separate because you can't be playing ping pong with the heads of Nigerians

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Policemen Collect APC Rice In Rivers (Photos) / Liya Sharibu Not Released Because She Refused To Denounce Christ - Dapchi Parent / Atiku Didn’t Reply To Our Invitation — Chatham House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.