Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,584 members, 7,837,204 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station (29428 Views)

Is N488 The New Official Price Of Fuel? (NNPC Station In Lagos) / Subsidy: Petrol Hits N1,200 Per Litre In Ebonyi / Fuel Subsidy Returns As Open Market Price Of Petrol Hits ₦183 Per Litre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by nairalanda1(m): 4:08pm On Jul 18, 2023
NaijaCrusader:
Are you not seeing that the economy is crumbling and something urgently needs to be done and whatever they are doing now is not working and except we just want to defraud ourselves I don't think that returning subsidy will be costing us much as 700billion as you are envisaging. My proposal is to subsidize it to between 200 or 250 naira and this will give the government the breathing space to at least stabilize the ship and most importantly for them to go to the drawing room with qualified professionals and then come up with working policies and palliatives and other solutions to tackle the challenges of the nation. Retracting is not a crime in fact it is a sign of great leadership quality,even supreme court's and revered scientist all retract all the time if you find out that a policy is not working you revisit it

Well, what you are suggesting has been done several times in the past. (It is why fuel is not 15 kobo as it was some 40 years ago), and at the end, it did not work, because government cannot control the cost of producing one liter of fuel

Attempts to do so is partly why we have bad refineries and why we import fuel.

Basically, we got to wait till domestic refineries are running, then government can give them implicit subsides, via tax breaks, grants, and it might do something, but it won't give us fuel at N200 or less.(unless the naira grows strong, but that's another discussion).

1 Like

Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by Kukutenla: 4:09pm On Jul 18, 2023
nairalanda1:

So, we are now earning as the USA does?

Plus, go and read about inplicit and explicit subsidies.
Lol. Bla bla bla. But the US is owing over a 1000% than we do
What is the merit of implicit and explicit garbage to US subsidising agriculture massively in the midst of high borrowing

1 Like

Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by nairalanda1(m): 4:10pm On Jul 18, 2023
Kukutenla:

Lol. Bla bla bla. But the US is owing over a 1000% than we do
What is the merit of implicit and explicit garbage to US subsidising agriculture massively in the midst of high borrowing

Sorry I could not help you.
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by NaijaCrusader: 4:12pm On Jul 18, 2023
RecessionistPMB:
[color=#006600][/color]The ship has sailed. Subsidy removal has a ripple effect. In fact, the effect outweighs the benefits based on the present configuration of Nigeria economy. If Tinubu is actually smart, he would have blocked all subsidy leakages and possibly go after the perpetrators of the scam. Also, revamping all local refineries should have been his top priority.

Yes I quite agree with you though I don't think I want to go into the line of if he is smart or not. All the leading candidates during the election said that they will remove subsidy and my own self just like most Nigerians were fooled to believe that subsidy was evil so though I have my reservations about the president we don't know if any of the other candidates would have done better but what I am saying is that we have tried the removal and so far it is a disaster and is prognosis is not looking good for the future,so the president should put a curtain to it and get back to the drawing board and there explore some of this viable options that you have just elaborated on. The government needs to be proactive
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by Kobicove(m): 4:13pm On Jul 18, 2023
Morbeta11:
MAY THIS NEW FUEL PRICE FAVOUR ME AND MY FAMILY... cheesy

grin
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by nairalanda1(m): 4:17pm On Jul 18, 2023
RecessionistPMB:
[color=#006600][/color]The ship has sailed. Subsidy removal has a ripple effect. In fact, the effect outweighs the benefits based on the present configuration of Nigeria economy. If Tinubu is actually smart, he would have blocked all subsidy leakages and possibly go after the perpetrators of the scam. Also, revamping all local refineries should have been his top priority.

1.First off, no nation that subsidises fuel has successfully stopped subsidy leakages. Libya, where fuel costs N14 is even using its airforce to target smugglers. (not advisable here as it would cause too much collateral damage). Even Saudi has issues with diesel smuggling.

2.The reason is simple. Subsidy leakages are not just the big men with tankers, it is hundreds of thousands of poor boys and girls with small jerrycans which they carry over the border to sell. Because if you can make a clean profit, pay off the customs and still have tons of cash left over....

3.You want the leakages to stop? It would mean sealing off our borders.....completely. Would not work, and would damage our economy further.
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by NaijaCrusader: 4:25pm On Jul 18, 2023
nairalanda1:

Well, what you are suggesting has been done several times in the past. (It is why fuel is not 15 kobo as it was some 40 years ago), and at the end, it did not work, because government cannot control the cost of producing one liter of fuel

Attempts to do so is partly why we have bad refineries and why we import fuel.

Basically, we got to wait till domestic refineries are running, then government can give them implicit subsides, via tax breaks, grants, and it might do something, but it won't give us fuel at N200 or less.(unless the naira grows strong, but that's another discussion).

I think I understand what you saying and especially as a Nigerian and my proposal is based on believing that this administration is serious to work. If they are serious about the welfare of the citizens then it is possible. If the subsidize to 250naira the won't be holistically spending more than a 100billion monthly and as I am emphasizing it will stabilize the economy and give then chance to come to terms with the day to day runnings of the economy and to formulate and implement their own policies. Then I disagree with you that government cannot control or regulate fuel price. They can and have been doing it for years now despite the industry being fraught by corruption and ineptitude folks at the helm.
France a few years ago under Macron had a very similar problem they increased the fuel price and the people protested a demonstration that was called the yellow jacket protest and they Macron administration went back to the drawing table and reversed the fuel price and even increased the minimum wage of the french citizens. It can be done and has been done. The thing is that atimes politicians are lazy to do the hard work of governance

1 Like

Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by whitemand4(m): 4:26pm On Jul 18, 2023
nairalanda1:

LOL...the honest truth here is that subsidy had to go because we were in such straits that we were borrowing to pay for it (someone even said since 2016).

Plus, oil has never favoured us since 2014.

At the end...LOANS.

We could diversify our economy (APC failed on that) or we could improve our tax to gdp ratio(Nigerians would cry out)...or loans.

Oga, if Obi removed subsidy, or Atiku, I would say the same things I say now. I have been a supporter and reader of subsidy removal since 2012. I woke the ell up then. So, all your idea that I am some timunubo supporter is barking up the wrong tree.

This is not about who we support, it is about preventing a bigger disaster from happening.

U removed subsidy without a single plan on what to do with the money? Is that not madness? What happen to building a refinery?
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by yemi1504: 4:27pm On Jul 18, 2023
Buddha3:
APC and Tinubu's supporters will be the foundation of the next protests.. grin

Those ones? Never! Don't be surprised if they vote for the same APC in 2027.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by nairalanda1(m): 4:28pm On Jul 18, 2023
whitemand4:

I don't engage with abusive people.
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by Bobloco: 4:30pm On Jul 18, 2023
sirray001:
yes nah. We are enjoying our brother Tinubu

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by nairalanda1(m): 4:31pm On Jul 18, 2023
NaijaCrusader:

I think I understand what you saying and especially as a Nigerian and my proposal is based on believing that this administration is serious to work. If they are serious about the welfare of the citizens then it is possible. If the subsidize to 250naira the won't be holistically spending more than a 100billion monthly and as I am emphasizing it will stabilize the economy and give then chance to come to terms with the day to day runnings of the economy and to formulate and implement their own policies. Then I disagree with you that government cannot control or regulate fuel price. They can and have been doing it for years now despite the industry being fraught by corruption and ineptitude folks at the helm.

Well, fuel subsides this year were in excess of 300 billion monthly. We haven't even finished paying off last year's subsidies cost to NNPC.

And with the way the cost of producing one liter of fuel is rising, the cost would have risen more and more.

France a few years ago under Macron had a very similar problem they increased the fuel price and the people protested a demonstration that was called the yellow jacket protest and they Macron administration went back to the drawing table and reversed the fuel price and even increased the minimum wage of the french citizens. It can be done and has been done. The thing is that atimes politicians are lazy to do the hard work of governance

Macron actually removed a fuel tax, but the price of fuel still remained higher than production cost...unlike what we do here in Nigeria...where subsidy starts by us selling fuel below its production cost.
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by whitemand4(m): 4:40pm On Jul 18, 2023
NaijaCrusader:

Thank you. Ask him how was it possible for Yaradua to reduce fuel price back then
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by nairalanda1(m): 4:42pm On Jul 18, 2023
whitemand4:

Thank you. Ask him how was it possible for Yaradua to reduce fuel price back then

cheesy

In 2008, crude was at $145 per barrel, so we was able to afford a reduction in the price of fuel back then. Add Yaradua's overstrict financial management (he even made anti-corruption people complain he was too stingy)...and that's why.

It's never been that high since, so we can't afford that thing now.

And ayway, the reduction was from N70 to N65. Five years previous it was N40 self.
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by Believeintruth: 4:43pm On Jul 18, 2023
Mrtaye:

It will not reduce the price in your imagination I guess

you guys should have conscience and fear God. How much were you paid to spew trash?
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by Kukutenla: 4:52pm On Jul 18, 2023
nairalanda1:

Sorry I could not help you.

I don't need your help
Go and help yourself when you fill your fuel tank with 52k next week grin grin

It's still cheaper than UK cheesy cheesy
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by Mrtaye: 5:11pm On Jul 18, 2023
Nteogwuija:

Okay, is Rice petrol, and do you consume rice daily?
Petrol is the bone of contention here so why bring cement and rice to the picture
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by bluefilm: 5:16pm On Jul 18, 2023
jmoore:
Good news.

E go favour me and my family.

Lai lai.... e no go favour anybody else unless you decide to stand on his manhood mandate now.
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by Gilgil: 5:17pm On Jul 18, 2023
1. Long term contract signed for supply of vehicles, parts & servicing for the big transporters. You have to wait out the contract term.

2. Cheaper pricing of the other versions, could be fairly used versus costlier made in Nigeria brand new by Innoson.

Calm down and you could learn a thing or two

georgeakins:

If Innoson motors are good, why are Ibos transporters not using them?

We don't need those substandard Chinese BAIC Motors on our roads.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by Mrtaye: 5:19pm On Jul 18, 2023
Believeintruth:

you guys should have conscience and fear God. How much were you paid to spew trash?
I don't need to be paid it's just common sense and patriotism...n Libya the price of fuel is 10 naira per litre and the irony is that we have much more crude oil compared to that of Libya but unfortunately we are buying for close to 1000 naira per litre and you are saying I shouldn't be crazy....this is beyond party politics oooo it's about Nigeria here okay
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by ViktorCash: 5:20pm On Jul 18, 2023
grin Renewed Shege
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by nairalanda1(m): 5:54pm On Jul 18, 2023
Kukutenla:

I don't need your help
Go and help yourself when you fill your fuel tank with 52k next week grin grin

It's still cheaper than UK cheesy cheesy

Well, at 1000 naira or more per liter cost equivalent in the UK, I guess you lie when you say it is cheaper over ther.

And yes, I shall buy fuel at the new price. I've adapted. You haven't.
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by Kukutenla: 6:13pm On Jul 18, 2023
nairalanda1:

Well, at 1000 naira or more per liter cost equivalent in the UK, I guess you lie when you say it is cheaper over ther.

And yes, I shall buy fuel at the new price. I've adapted. You haven't.
It's not my fault if you don't understand English.

Not you shall, you MUST. Its not out of a willingness to comply but compulsion. You considered yourself lucky to escape today but you won't escape next week. You must chop the breakfast. GET READY
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 18, 2023
Kajaard:

It seems you have the old APC card. Those of us with the new cards buy a litre of Petrol for 50 naira only.

Please go to your nearest APC office and get the new card.

Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by nairalanda1(m): 6:15pm On Jul 18, 2023
Kukutenla:

It's not my fault if you don't understand English.

Not you shall, you MUST. Its not out of a willingness to comply but compulsion. You considered yourself lucky to escape today but you won't escape next week. You must chop the breakfast. GET READY

The coat rack is on the way out, dear boy.
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by eedris85(m): 6:36pm On Jul 18, 2023
Thank God I got to hear the news on this thread early this morning. As such, I didn't mind filling my tank where there was so much queue @Naiabawa (A.A RANO Zaria road) at the the old rate of #540(though I queued for almost an hour) that I had to fil up my tank this afternoon.
Thanks to Nairaland for the fast info.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by Diddycsbsb: 6:40pm On Jul 18, 2023
Who ever that is reading this message save it and don't forget it...

Something worster than End Sars will happen this year...
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by ComeToJesus: 6:41pm On Jul 18, 2023
That okpolo eyes no well at all
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by mbos: 6:42pm On Jul 18, 2023
the final cost shall be about the N800 before the end of year
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by Exceed15: 6:50pm On Jul 18, 2023
But apc supporters are buying at N50 o. Mumu people. Buhari show una banza, una still carry una hand vote for the same party as if they different.
Insanity is doing same thing all over again and expect different result.
Re: Petrol Hits N620 Per Litre In Kano, Motorists Desert NNPC Station by jude33084(m): 7:14pm On Jul 18, 2023
FreedomArmy:
Ronu miscreants will buy @250

cheesy grin tongue undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Defections: Buhari’s Men Angry Over Tinubu's Silence / Why Imo Case Is Different From Bayelsa, Ihedioha To Supreme Court / Soludo Loses First LGA As Ifeanyi Ubah Clinches Nnewi North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.