Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,269 members, 7,829,586 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Nigeria Missing As 9 New African Countries Get Millions Of Malaria Vaccines - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigeria Missing As 9 New African Countries Get Millions Of Malaria Vaccines (11453 Views)

Nigeria Missing As UK Recognises COVID Certificates From Over 50 Countries / French Doctors Say 'Test Coronavirus Vaccines In Africa", Eto’o, Drogba React / Bridget Isi: AAU Student Dies Of Malaria, 2 Weeks To Her Final Exam (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Missing As 9 New African Countries Get Millions Of Malaria Vaccines by maasoap(m): 3:21pm On Jul 18, 2023
Firstorderwizard:
You think the EU report na joke?
Dey play

This is about Obi and his petition, right?
Re: Nigeria Missing As 9 New African Countries Get Millions Of Malaria Vaccines by Emaprince: 3:22pm On Jul 18, 2023
Re: Nigeria Missing As 9 New African Countries Get Millions Of Malaria Vaccines by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 3:23pm On Jul 18, 2023
On dogonyaro mandate I stand cool

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Missing As 9 New African Countries Get Millions Of Malaria Vaccines by Worldtaker: 3:24pm On Jul 18, 2023
How will they be there when bulaba is messing the country up?
Re: Nigeria Missing As 9 New African Countries Get Millions Of Malaria Vaccines by SenatePresdo(m): 3:24pm On Jul 18, 2023
European Union and the United States have abandoned Theftnubu
Re: Nigeria Missing As 9 New African Countries Get Millions Of Malaria Vaccines by Afamed: 3:25pm On Jul 18, 2023
Fidinno:
Why is Nigeria always missing

The application started last yr.

Nigeria did not apply on time, however, Nigeria has been included in the second phase of the program.

That's the gist

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Missing As 9 New African Countries Get Millions Of Malaria Vaccines by CHIOMAEZEH: 3:26pm On Jul 18, 2023
Make them use the other countries as Guinea pig...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Missing As 9 New African Countries Get Millions Of Malaria Vaccines by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 3:27pm On Jul 18, 2023
T
Re: Nigeria Missing As 9 New African Countries Get Millions Of Malaria Vaccines by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jul 18, 2023
Hollyharjii:
Okonjo Iweala, Please explain this to Nigerians

Wetin concern Okonjo Iweala with malaria vaccine?
Re: Nigeria Missing As 9 New African Countries Get Millions Of Malaria Vaccines by free2ryhme: 3:29pm On Jul 18, 2023
PublicHealthNig:
GAVI, the global vaccine alliance, announced a significant step in the fight against malaria in Africa. Over the next two years, a total of 18 million doses of the malaria vaccine, known as RTS,S, will be delivered to 12 countries on the continent. This move aims to expand access to life-saving shots, as the vaccine has shown promise in reducing the devastating impact of malaria.

Malaria remains one of Africa's deadliest diseases, taking the lives of nearly half a million children under the age of five each year. Shockingly, in 2021, the continent accounted for approximately 95% of all global malaria cases and an overwhelming 96% of related deaths, as reported by the World Health Organization (WHO). Nigeria bears a significant burden of malaria, with approximately 55 million cases and 90,000 malaria-related deaths reported each year. This relentless disease has far-reaching consequences, not only on public health but also on the country's economy. In 2022, the economic impact of malaria on Nigeria was estimated at $1.6 billion (N687 billion), a staggering figure that reflects the toll it takes on productivity, healthcare costs, and overall well-being. Alarming projections suggest that this economic burden may rise even further, reaching about $2.8 billion (N2 trillion) by the year 2030 if adequate measures are not taken to combat the spread of malaria. Addressing this pressing issue becomes crucial not only for the health and welfare of the Nigerian population but also for the sustained growth and development of the nation's economy. However, the country is not listed among those set to receive the vaccines. 

The WHO Director-General, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, emphasized the demand for the RTS,S vaccine, with at least 28 African countries expressing interest in receiving it. Additionally, there is hope for a second malaria vaccine currently under review for pre-qualification, which could provide an additional supply in the near future.

Since 2019, Ghana, Kenya, and Malawi have been part of a pilot program funded by GAVI, UNICEF, and the WHO, where they have been administering the RTS,S vaccine. As a result of this initiative, more than 1.7 million children in these countries have already received the vaccine, saving countless lives.

Now, the focus is on expanding the vaccination efforts to include nine new countries in Africa. These countries, namely Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Liberia, Niger, Sierra Leone, and Uganda, are set to receive the RTS,S vaccine in the coming months.

The first shipments of the vaccine are expected to reach the 12 African countries during the last quarter of 2023, enabling them to begin rolling out the vaccination programs early next year. This timely action is a critical milestone in the ongoing battle against malaria, providing hope for better health outcomes and a brighter future for millions of people on the continent.

The efforts to combat malaria in Africa are a collaborative endeavor, with the vaccine itself developed by the British drugmaker GSK. With the support of international organizations like GAVI, UNICEF, and the WHO, this endeavor is an essential step towards alleviating the burden of malaria and protecting the most vulnerable populations, especially young children, from this deadly disease.

Source: https://www.publichealth.com.ng/nigeria-missing-as-9-new-african-countries-get-millions-of-malaria-vaccines/

it is good nigeria is missing,

This is poison in the name of vaccine

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Missing As 9 New African Countries Get Millions Of Malaria Vaccines by integrity16(m): 3:29pm On Jul 18, 2023
Re: Nigeria Missing As 9 New African Countries Get Millions Of Malaria Vaccines by SeriouslySense(m): 3:29pm On Jul 18, 2023
First know how to solve problems. smiley

Omoawoke:
angry

When will Africa grow up and stop begi begi

Haaa!!!!

If you are an African, arent you tired of being considered as less privileged race??

First I am tired of even the white man religion

Maybe that's the foundation of our problems

When we are ashamed of our own spirituality and worship white man jesus and Arab religion.

I am tired of Africa being the less privileged.

Let Africa breathe

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Missing As 9 New African Countries Get Millions Of Malaria Vaccines by free2ryhme: 3:29pm On Jul 18, 2023
Afamed:

The application started last yr.

Nigeria did not apply on time, however, Nigeria has been included in the second phase of the program.

That's the gist

You follow dem go the meeting

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Missing As 9 New African Countries Get Millions Of Malaria Vaccines by 2mch(m): 3:29pm On Jul 18, 2023
XerXers:
Tinubu's unconstitutional government is not recognized in global affairs
You are crazy. You want them to be pumping our kids with experimental vaccines. Did they tell you what that and how many those have killed in Africa and even in Nigeria? Bill Gates at it again z I pity those mumu African countries. Forever acting the slave.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Missing As 9 New African Countries Get Millions Of Malaria Vaccines by Omoawoke: 3:33pm On Jul 18, 2023
SeriouslySense:
First know how to solve problems. smiley

Bro the thing is tiring

Why Africa at the bottom of everything ??
Re: Nigeria Missing As 9 New African Countries Get Millions Of Malaria Vaccines by Afamed: 3:35pm On Jul 18, 2023
free2ryhme:

You follow dem go the meeting

The news was on social media including WHO website, you don't need to go to US before you know Joe is the President of US

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Missing As 9 New African Countries Get Millions Of Malaria Vaccines by Elinosweet143(f): 3:36pm On Jul 18, 2023
Naija always missing in action for wetin go benefits everybody
Re: Nigeria Missing As 9 New African Countries Get Millions Of Malaria Vaccines by Shattuck(m): 3:37pm On Jul 18, 2023
I think this has to do with Nigeria not having storage capacity for the vaccine
Re: Nigeria Missing As 9 New African Countries Get Millions Of Malaria Vaccines by Juoflife1(f): 3:40pm On Jul 18, 2023
The way Europe is worried about Africa's population is worrisome. Nigerian government should test this vaccines properly before giving it to our children

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Missing As 9 New African Countries Get Millions Of Malaria Vaccines by Afamed: 3:40pm On Jul 18, 2023
Shattuck:
I think this has to do with Nigeria not having storage capacity for the vaccine

But Nigeria has storage capacity for Polio vaccine, COVID 19 vaccine and the rest long time ago.

Una like to dey say wetin una no nothing about it
Re: Nigeria Missing As 9 New African Countries Get Millions Of Malaria Vaccines by SeriouslySense(m): 3:40pm On Jul 18, 2023
grin grin grin grin My fellow brother or Dear Sister, we need to walk together as a society to improve.

This is why i study a lot and get a lot of knowledge so i can teach myself first, then those around me, we have to be more selfless and caring and thoughtful as a people. grin grin

If we want to improve, we need to do the work and take better decisions. cool

Omoawoke:

Bro the thing is tiring

Why Africa at the bottom of everything ??
Re: Nigeria Missing As 9 New African Countries Get Millions Of Malaria Vaccines by Omoawoke: 3:43pm On Jul 18, 2023
SeriouslySense:
grin grin grin grin My fellow brother or Dear Sister, we need to walk together as a society to improve.

This is why i study a lot and get a lot of knowledge so i can teach myself first, then those around me, we have to be more selfless and caring and thoughtful as a people. grin grin

You are absolutely on track bro

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Missing As 9 New African Countries Get Millions Of Malaria Vaccines by odenkirk: 3:44pm On Jul 18, 2023
reading this while im down with malaria
Re: Nigeria Missing As 9 New African Countries Get Millions Of Malaria Vaccines by SeriouslySense(m): 3:45pm On Jul 18, 2023
Sorry, make sure to take medicine and rest, get better.
odenkirk:
reading this while im down with malaria

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Missing As 9 New African Countries Get Millions Of Malaria Vaccines by odenkirk: 3:50pm On Jul 18, 2023
SeriouslySense:
Sorry, make sure to take medicine and rest, get better.
thanks to u bro

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Missing As 9 New African Countries Get Millions Of Malaria Vaccines by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 18, 2023
Nigeria is not missing sh*t. Africa needs to be emancipated. Behind the vaccines are other dubious things.
Re: Nigeria Missing As 9 New African Countries Get Millions Of Malaria Vaccines by GreenCovering: 3:53pm On Jul 18, 2023
They complain that Africa's birth rate is overpopulating the world and its resources.
They also complain that Africa's population is threatened by malaria (and other diseases).

These remote-controlled world bodies care so much about Africa than Africans.

undecided
Re: Nigeria Missing As 9 New African Countries Get Millions Of Malaria Vaccines by sodeide2013: 3:54pm On Jul 18, 2023
TemplarLandry:
cool
Stay away from that evil vaccine!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Missing As 9 New African Countries Get Millions Of Malaria Vaccines by Hollyharjii: 3:54pm On Jul 18, 2023
Cause I no understand how dem dey run the affairs ni
Buddha3:

Wetin concern Okonjo Iweala with malaria vaccine?
Re: Nigeria Missing As 9 New African Countries Get Millions Of Malaria Vaccines by osuofia2(m): 3:56pm On Jul 18, 2023
Omoawoke:
angry

When will Africa grow up and stop begi begi

Haaa!!!!

If you are an African, arent you tired of being considered as less privileged race??

First I am tired of even the white man religion

Maybe that's the foundation of our problems

When we are ashamed of our own spirituality and worship white man jesus and Arab religion.

I am tired of Africa being the less privileged.

Let Africa breathe
The same white Men made you have access to the internet you are using, if not them you would have probably be walking naked or using leaves to cover your private parts. The white made your kindred to stop the killing of twins, the white made everything after God. What is the black race contribution to humanity , if not corruption and greed. Stop blaming the white for everything

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Missing As 9 New African Countries Get Millions Of Malaria Vaccines by Shattuck(m): 3:57pm On Jul 18, 2023
Afamed:

But Nigeria has storage capacity for Polio vaccine, COVID 19 vaccine and the rest long time ago.

Una like to dey say wetin una no nothing about it
during covid there were reports that Nigeria couldn't receive much due to lack of storage facility, I just thought the same problem could be responsible for this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Collapsed Building: Donate Blood For Victims —red Cross / Aspirin(alabukun,karaole)as Contraceptive Drug. / Your Sexual Weakness Is Now Over! Homoforte Powder Is The Solution!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.