Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,981 members, 7,814,341 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

₦‎620 Per Litre: This Isn’t What We Voted For, Tinubu’s Supporter Laments - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ₦‎620 Per Litre: This Isn’t What We Voted For, Tinubu’s Supporter Laments (56394 Views)

Popular Tinubu Supporter Laments As Unilag School Fees Increases By Over 500% / Advantages Of 620 Per Litre Fuel ! / N620 Per Litre: This Isn’t What We Voted For, Tinubu’s Supporter Laments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ₦‎620 Per Litre: This Isn’t What We Voted For, Tinubu’s Supporter Laments by Rok01: 11:26pm On Jul 18, 2023
Affliction shall not rise again the second time
Re: ₦‎620 Per Litre: This Isn’t What We Voted For, Tinubu’s Supporter Laments by ibro360(m): 11:26pm On Jul 18, 2023
We see fuel price today

1 Like

Re: ₦‎620 Per Litre: This Isn’t What We Voted For, Tinubu’s Supporter Laments by Juju70(m): 11:27pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ai gat nothing to say! Pls dallar wan u go hit 1k?? Its amazing they haven't taken to the streets!
Re: ₦‎620 Per Litre: This Isn’t What We Voted For, Tinubu’s Supporter Laments by nony43(m): 11:31pm On Jul 18, 2023
SmartPolician:

I believe that many Nigerians don't feel like protesting because they never voted for Tinubu. Many people believe that Tinubu was rigged into power and he only reminds us of everything wrong with Nigeria.

If Peter Obi won the election and caused this degree of pain, everyone would have taken to the streets in protest. That's because people believe they gave him power and he must consider them before making tough decisions.

How many people protested again Buhari?
Re: ₦‎620 Per Litre: This Isn’t What We Voted For, Tinubu’s Supporter Laments by ncoolsome(m): 11:32pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijaya123:
President Tinubu has no control over the price of fuel. Those days are gone FOREVER. Market forces now control the price of petrol. So, the pressure should not be on the President over the cost of fuel. Let the Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria deal with that.

What we should pressure the President on is the minimum wage. The current minimum wage of ₦30,000 is grossly inadequate when compared to the current cost of living in Nigeria. President Tinubu calls himself Asiwaju, meaning the progressive that leads the way.

It is not very Asiwaju-like when Governors are unilaterally increasing salaries to help workers cope with the rising cost of living, and Asiwaju Tinubu has not led the way. Nigeria's minimum wage should be increased to at least ₦75,000. And President Tinubu must lead the way in facilitating that. Or he will soon lose the huge support base he started off with on May 29, 2023.

Reno Omokri has said it all.

When 30k can't be paid as at when due is it 75k that wld now be paid ??it seems u and Reno have the same brain issue

1 Like

Re: ₦‎620 Per Litre: This Isn’t What We Voted For, Tinubu’s Supporter Laments by Memphitz357: 11:33pm On Jul 18, 2023
Even Seun Osewa nor do again 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: ₦‎620 Per Litre: This Isn’t What We Voted For, Tinubu’s Supporter Laments by Treadway: 11:33pm On Jul 18, 2023
grandstar:

The floating of the Naira was a necessity. It was Buhari's interference that created the senseless and corruption riddled multiple exchange rate system..

To understand it well, imagine you were Buhari's son and you claimed you needed $5m. You're now supplied that $5m at the official rate of 461.

You now take that $5m and sell it at the parallel market rate of 750. Can you imagine the profit he would make? This is called roundtripping and it boomed under Buhari. If Emefiele should dare open mouth, wahala go dey.

Can you imagine how much revenue the government was losing? Imagine government gets $2b monthly which it sells at the official rate. Now, the well connected buy it to resell at humongous profits.

It also created artificial scarcity. Imagine you were sent $500. Would you exchange it at the official rate?

Now, imagine a big company is bringing in $100m? They will prefer not to bring it in. Basically, forex was scarce at the official exchange rate. It was largely an audio rate.

Yes the 70bn requested by the lawmakers is wrong. So, let's measure the financial waste in comparison to the wastes from multiple exchange rates and oil subsidy.

1. Lawmakers: N70b
2. Exchange rate. N2.4tr
3. Fuel subsidy $10bn N7.8tr

I will stop here for you to reach your own conclusions

lawmakers 70b is just one recent instance, out of many

Exchange rate 2.4trn, share proof showing the time frame this accrued

Fuel subsidy 7.8trn, share proof also showing the time frame this accrued.

I will stop here for now, pending your response(s)
Re: ₦‎620 Per Litre: This Isn’t What We Voted For, Tinubu’s Supporter Laments by sukkot: 11:44pm On Jul 18, 2023
Treadway:
Even our very own billionaire Nairaland CEO sef gentle lowo yi. Sukkot my 500litres petrol stash don remain like 100litres o. Omo no more outing with my car aside Sunday service, boya o ma last mi till December...lol🤣🤣🤣
bros mi na trek levels everybody Dey oooo 😂😂😂😂 . I think all politicians na 419 at this point lol
Re: ₦‎620 Per Litre: This Isn’t What We Voted For, Tinubu’s Supporter Laments by 8stargeneral: 11:48pm On Jul 18, 2023
This is just morning

Useless people

I thought by now tinubu supporter's will be getting everything free
Re: ₦‎620 Per Litre: This Isn’t What We Voted For, Tinubu’s Supporter Laments by DrObum(m): 11:54pm On Jul 18, 2023
They never see anything.

See people that want to teach PO a lesson
Re: ₦‎620 Per Litre: This Isn’t What We Voted For, Tinubu’s Supporter Laments by phemmyfour: 12:16am On Jul 19, 2023
successmatters:
This is still genesis, by the time you reach malachi, your eyes will clear.

I hate it when some Nigerians are still living in a fool's paradise, how can you expect a thief to become good just because he stole the presidential mandate? This is juvenile naivety mixed with thick ignorance.

He will steal more because stealing is in his DNA.
We don reach Lamentation sef, I dey fear wetin await us for Revelation

1 Like

Re: ₦‎620 Per Litre: This Isn’t What We Voted For, Tinubu’s Supporter Laments by nedekid: 12:17am On Jul 19, 2023
Ijaya123:
President Tinubu has no control over the price of fuel. Those days are gone FOREVER. Market forces now control the price of petrol. So, the pressure should not be on the President over the cost of fuel. Let the Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria deal with that.

What we should pressure the President on is the minimum wage. The current minimum wage of ₦30,000 is grossly inadequate when compared to the current cost of living in Nigeria. President Tinubu calls himself Asiwaju, meaning the progressive that leads the way.

It is not very Asiwaju-like when Governors are unilaterally increasing salaries to help workers cope with the rising cost of living, and Asiwaju Tinubu has not led the way. Nigeria's minimum wage should be increased to at least ₦75,000. And President Tinubu must lead the way in facilitating that. Or he will soon lose the huge support base he started off with on May 29, 2023.

Reno Omokri has said it all.
Make minimum wage 200k, it will only cause more inflation. Fuel will become 5k per liter, naira will loose more value and become like Venezuela or Zimbabwe currency.

1 Like

Re: ₦‎620 Per Litre: This Isn’t What We Voted For, Tinubu’s Supporter Laments by Ijaya123: 12:21am On Jul 19, 2023
ncoolsome:

When 30k can't be paid as at when due is it 75k that wld now be paid ??it seems u and Reno have the same brain issue

Please educate me on what better options that should be implemented.
Re: ₦‎620 Per Litre: This Isn’t What We Voted For, Tinubu’s Supporter Laments by Ijaya123: 12:22am On Jul 19, 2023
nedekid:

Make minimum wage 200k, it will only cause more inflation. Fuel will become 5k per liter, naira will loose more value and become like Venezuela or Zimbabwe currency.

So what do you suggest?
Re: ₦‎620 Per Litre: This Isn’t What We Voted For, Tinubu’s Supporter Laments by Ilekokonit: 1:01am On Jul 19, 2023
successmatters:
This is still genesis, by the time you reach malachi, your eyes will clear.

I hate it when some Nigerians are still living in a fool's paradise, how can you expect a thief to become good just because he stole the presidential mandate? This is juvenile naivety mixed with thick ignorance.

He will steal more because stealing is in his DNA.

Someone whose main witness at the election petition tribunal admitted that the money seized from Tinubu by America was Drug money and also linked to money laundering and Nigerians expect something good from this type of shady criminal ??

The Nigerians who voted for Tinubu fall my hand especially the ones who live in Lagos and know the extent of Tinubu's plundering of the Lagos State treasury from 1999 till date.

lkagos is run like a Mafioso State by hand picked Governors who MUST give billions to tinubu regularly or be removed by Tinubu like Ambode was.

Yet some people resident in Lagos and knowing all this still voted for him.

Since Tinubu stole the Presidential election, I no longer watch Nigerian News on Youtube and for the first time in my life, I am prepared for anything good or bad that happens to Nigeria because it can never get worse than a drug baron cum treasury looter running the affairs of the worlds most populous black nation.

Out of every 6 black people on earth, 1 is a Nigerian and yet Tinubu is currently the president of Nigeria ??

Tinubu becoming President of Nigeria just shows that a lot of Nigerians high and low are morally bankrupt and are irredeemable.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: ₦‎620 Per Litre: This Isn’t What We Voted For, Tinubu’s Supporter Laments by Almunjid(m): 1:11am On Jul 19, 2023
zinaunreal:

Says who you? Who are you na.... my friend get lost. Unknown poo
Lol, why are u pained? No go drink sniper Ooo.
Re: ₦‎620 Per Litre: This Isn’t What We Voted For, Tinubu’s Supporter Laments by staga: 2:27am On Jul 19, 2023
They were warned.

Listen to 2:36 in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fUQS1wlcxM
Re: ₦‎620 Per Litre: This Isn’t What We Voted For, Tinubu’s Supporter Laments by BluntCrazeMan: 3:16am On Jul 19, 2023
Re: ₦‎620 Per Litre: This Isn’t What We Voted For, Tinubu’s Supporter Laments by Dubetex96(m): 3:26am On Jul 19, 2023
Abemy:

It's N350 in Imo state.
My imo brothers favour is our name

1 Like

Re: ₦‎620 Per Litre: This Isn’t What We Voted For, Tinubu’s Supporter Laments by Dubetex96(m): 3:30am On Jul 19, 2023
PlayMaker14:
Let the evil you do, deliver you.

Anuofia!!! grin
APC south east zonal pastor of RCCG
Re: ₦‎620 Per Litre: This Isn’t What We Voted For, Tinubu’s Supporter Laments by Maski87: 3:31am On Jul 19, 2023
I dey for night bus dey go kano, from there to agadez through Sahara desert, then Libya then boat to Europe, if na die make we die there
Re: ₦‎620 Per Litre: This Isn’t What We Voted For, Tinubu’s Supporter Laments by zinaunreal(m): 4:05am On Jul 19, 2023
Almunjid:

Lol, why are u pained? No go drink sniper Ooo.

You're unknown get lost...
Re: ₦‎620 Per Litre: This Isn’t What We Voted For, Tinubu’s Supporter Laments by xandy84: 4:15am On Jul 19, 2023
I believe FS should have been removed in stages. Like 25% quarterly to give time for the people and the economy to adjust. Removing it once will definitely rock the foundation is our economy and possibly spiral into recession.

GanagiBitrus:

FS removal is a case of extracting a rotten tooth before thinking of anaesthesia, instead of the other way round. smiley

2 Likes

Re: ₦‎620 Per Litre: This Isn’t What We Voted For, Tinubu’s Supporter Laments by xandy84: 4:23am On Jul 19, 2023
Agreed but the same government pays 30k as minimum wage. How did you expect people to make it to work. Tinubu is a learned person but I was surprised he removed the subsidy as once knowing the impact it will have on the economy. Subsidy should be removed in stages to give time for the people and the economy to adjust. It's literally impossible for government workers to make it to work on their present salary and something needs to be done ASAP.

EPIJOE:
I don't know why people don't understand simple dynamics of the Nigerian economy and this subsidy removal,.

With this dollar rate increasing we expected petrol to go as high as 800 per liters. As dollar increases.

Nigeria is not a producing state. Don't lets take it as of the president is the one increasing the fuel prices. It's simply the laws of demand and supply playing out.

What I just don't like was the way he removed it instantly with at least 2 months planning. to put solutions on ground to cushion the effects of this on the poor masses.

This is something else.
Re: ₦‎620 Per Litre: This Isn’t What We Voted For, Tinubu’s Supporter Laments by wildernessVoice: 5:08am On Jul 19, 2023
cliqtips:
Where are the "e go favor me and my family".

I heard those with APC membership card are buying things at lesser price grin

Because Obi said he was going to remove subsidy when he enters, baba Tinubu go copy ahm without putting things in place before its implementation.

Obi wey talk say he go remove ahm has plans in place...

In every filling station, there are dedicated pump for APC members, just get their card you'll buy #40 per litre.
Also , go to Wuse Zone 4 in Abuja, we have aboki changing #1.00 for 1 USD
" Suffering and Smiling"
in FELA'S word 😊😁
Re: ₦‎620 Per Litre: This Isn’t What We Voted For, Tinubu’s Supporter Laments by martinm45: 5:54am On Jul 19, 2023
N- Now
Y-Your
S-Sufferring
C- Continues
Re: ₦‎620 Per Litre: This Isn’t What We Voted For, Tinubu’s Supporter Laments by zinaunreal(m): 6:25am On Jul 19, 2023
xandy84:
I believe FS should have been removed in stages. Like 25% quarterly to give time for the people and the economy to adjust. Removing it once will definitely rock the foundation is our economy and possibly spiral into recession.

While working to improve the naira. The fake president wan dey form super star

[/quote]
Re: ₦‎620 Per Litre: This Isn’t What We Voted For, Tinubu’s Supporter Laments by Teymanhenry(f): 6:31am On Jul 19, 2023
I heard fuel is N100 per litre in the South West 😆. Nigerians will never learn. I think we are the most nepotistic people on Earth. How can people vote Tinubu ahead of Obi? Now, we wake up to sad news of hardship daily.
Re: ₦‎620 Per Litre: This Isn’t What We Voted For, Tinubu’s Supporter Laments by SIONKPO1(m): 6:32am On Jul 19, 2023
@garfield1 please I wanna know your opinion on the increase in pump prices of Petroleum
Re: ₦‎620 Per Litre: This Isn’t What We Voted For, Tinubu’s Supporter Laments by SIONKPO1(m): 6:33am On Jul 19, 2023
Teymanhenry:
I heard fuel is N100 per litre in the South West 😆. Nigerians will never learn. I think we are the most nepotistic people on Earth. How can people vote Tinubu ahead of Obi? Now, we wake up to sad news of hardship daily.
Tribalism has blocked their every form of reasoning.
Re: ₦‎620 Per Litre: This Isn’t What We Voted For, Tinubu’s Supporter Laments by jaxxy(m): 6:36am On Jul 19, 2023
leokid866:
lol do you see any of us complaining? Na una full thus thread dey shout.....🤣🤣

For ur house u dey complain. Many of ur colleagues are crying already.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Buhari To Seun Okinbaloye: I Don't Know How Correct Your Calculation Is / Ojukwu Lighted Up Cigarette, Smoked At Aburi, Ghana Meeting (Video) / PDP Speaks On Fayose Dumping Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.