Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,893 members, 7,817,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Market Forces Responsible For Hike In Fuel Pump Price - NNPCL GMD, Kyari - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Market Forces Responsible For Hike In Fuel Pump Price - NNPCL GMD, Kyari (23797 Views)

After Promising New Petrol Price, NNPCL Moves To Make Cooking Gas Cheaper / NNPCL GMD And Acting CBN Governor Visit President Bola Tinubu In Ikoyi / Dangote, PH Refineries, Others Won’t Change Fuel Price – NNPCL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Market Forces Responsible For Hike In Fuel Pump Price - NNPCL GMD, Kyari by haslaw(m): 8:50am On Jul 19, 2023
tommykiwi:
Grow down Agbadorian.

Stop flooding everywhere with your tears

2 Likes

Re: Market Forces Responsible For Hike In Fuel Pump Price - NNPCL GMD, Kyari by emmnprince(m): 8:52am On Jul 19, 2023
LegendHero:
This is just like Oby Ekwesili proposed in 2017.

I think Nigeria itself as a country is confused. Before now, we’ve always heard several theories of how subsidy will go, how NNPC monopoly need to go, how there should be full deregulation in the petroleum sector, how market force must decide petrol price, and how they should allow multiple marketers to import the product.

Almost all the above have been implemented by Tinubu. However, the pain that comes with it is unbearable for Nigerians.

This is now where it gets interesting. Almost everybody that was against subsidy removal during Jonathan government are now supporting subsidy removal and Vice versa.

Almost everyone that quoted economic theories about how subsidy is a scam and bla bla bla are now quoting economic theory to say subsidy shouldn’t have been removed, it should have been removed slowly, and etc.

Lastly, if I am Tinubu, I will never back down from this subsidy removal. That is very counterproductive. I would rather focus on more palliative deployment whether it is commodity, minimum wage, tax cut, increase agric yield and etc. I rather spent 3 trillion on these than continue with Subsidy.

But I thought the Government said Dangote Refinery will start refining PMS this month? Have his refinery started refining? And I learnt FG gave Dangote licence to be importing fuel in June. Is it true?
Re: Market Forces Responsible For Hike In Fuel Pump Price - NNPCL GMD, Kyari by Felaincarnated: 9:02am On Jul 19, 2023
Tinubu right
Olaolex:
Okay! You've been finally noticed. Next idiiot please...
Re: Market Forces Responsible For Hike In Fuel Pump Price - NNPCL GMD, Kyari by NEIGHBOUR(m): 9:21am On Jul 19, 2023
taylor89:
Make we wey from PH dey follow Unity beggars and oil parasites dey buy fuel for 750

If them divide this country Yoruba will buy fuel for 58k a liter

Na why them no dey use ear hear divide

Barren region

A child of perdition and hatred cited. Rushing to the same barren region for survival.
Re: Market Forces Responsible For Hike In Fuel Pump Price - NNPCL GMD, Kyari by sunray(m): 9:33am On Jul 19, 2023
How can Tinubu relied on nnpc to fulfil his social responsibilities to Nigerians. He needs to be reminded that they hoarded fuel before the election to make voters reject APC at the polls if not for grace. The gmd will continue to sabotage your administration until you edge him out.
Re: Market Forces Responsible For Hike In Fuel Pump Price - NNPCL GMD, Kyari by Olaolex: 10:02am On Jul 19, 2023
Felaincarnated:
Tinubu right
Now I understand you! You are mistaking me for an agbado miscreant. Sorry, I am not!
Re: Market Forces Responsible For Hike In Fuel Pump Price - NNPCL GMD, Kyari by wirinet(m): 10:02am On Jul 19, 2023
lordprogress:

Exactly my point you removed subsidy why still importing fuel, is that not madness, what does it take to fix the country refineries.
This kyari guy is clearly incompetent he shouldn't have any business there.

The first screenshot below the historical data showing petrol price increases since 1978. The next 2 shows dollar to naira rates since 1983. You will notice that once petrol is increased dollar always follows.

In Tinubu is as smart as agbadoans wants us to believe, he should have reduced our demand for petrol by increasing gas (especially CNG) production, distribution and use, Make sure both private refineries and public ones are working, and then invest further in mass transportation for movement of goods and people (particularly trains). If he then removed subsidy on fuel, ordinary people would not cry. Only the rich would be affected.

1 Share

Re: Market Forces Responsible For Hike In Fuel Pump Price - NNPCL GMD, Kyari by Meteng: 10:05am On Jul 19, 2023
Market forces no dey ever make prices to come down
Re: Market Forces Responsible For Hike In Fuel Pump Price - NNPCL GMD, Kyari by ambale(m): 10:19am On Jul 19, 2023
jmoore:

Oil marketers are not charity organization. Go and become one of them and sell cheaper. And stop saying they are selfish.

Abi now, they blame everyone and everything except their saviors

Nonsense political supporters
Re: Market Forces Responsible For Hike In Fuel Pump Price - NNPCL GMD, Kyari by bigiyaro(m): 10:44am On Jul 19, 2023
Which kind of market forces, when fuel consumption had reduced by more than 30%

2 Likes

Re: Market Forces Responsible For Hike In Fuel Pump Price - NNPCL GMD, Kyari by Came4amod: 11:18am On Jul 19, 2023
nairalandkachy1:
This is how the market regulars itself. Sometimes the process go up and sometimes it comes down - Kyari

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cu2QVR1oYU2/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7768848/nnpcl-further-increases-fuel-pump#124491593

Na lie . We need to change this man asap .. and replace him with anyone else
Re: Market Forces Responsible For Hike In Fuel Pump Price - NNPCL GMD, Kyari by worksmart(m): 12:19pm On Jul 19, 2023
A market price is a pice that your market is happy to pay.

The face that there is an almost 30% drop in people buying fuel is indicative that the price is not market price and is too high for the market.

Simple economics.

Who else is missing PMB?
Re: Market Forces Responsible For Hike In Fuel Pump Price - NNPCL GMD, Kyari by hush15: 12:41pm On Jul 19, 2023
nairalandkachy1:
This is how the market regulars itself. Sometimes the process go up and sometimes it comes down - Kyari

Previous Thread:

Which market forces are you talking about? Na only you be the importer and exporter so where is the forces coming from?
Re: Market Forces Responsible For Hike In Fuel Pump Price - NNPCL GMD, Kyari by hush15: 12:44pm On Jul 19, 2023
jmoore:

Oil marketers are not charity organization. Go and become one of them and sell cheaper. And stop saying they are selfish.

Who are the oil markets sef?
Re: Market Forces Responsible For Hike In Fuel Pump Price - NNPCL GMD, Kyari by benjaminlawson(m): 1:17pm On Jul 19, 2023
Goodman2023:
It's obvious tinubu is afraid to sack this man...

Why not do a total cleansing in the petroleum sector...baba they fear...na poor man body he they get power

Am on the same page with you in this, why Mele maintain his job is yet to be understood, after leading Nigerians to this untold hardship, the president still allowed him to inflict more hardship on us. The people the government regarded as foes; Emefele and Bawa because they are perceived enemy that want hinder electoral success are kept behind the bar, but the like of mele and others who are enemy of Nigerians are allowed make us suffer the more due to their corrupt activities. Custom boss asked mele kyari that are we drinking oil? When you know we are consuming 60 million litres, why are you releasing 100 million litres to the market? Up till now, no one has interrogated that statement, but the man is still keeping his job.

2 Likes

Re: Market Forces Responsible For Hike In Fuel Pump Price - NNPCL GMD, Kyari by RoxyBrownAutos: 1:20pm On Jul 19, 2023
Market forces did not cause price hike during subsidy regime.
Re: Market Forces Responsible For Hike In Fuel Pump Price - NNPCL GMD, Kyari by Felaincarnated: 2:20pm On Jul 19, 2023
😂😂
Olaolex:
Now I understand you! You are mistaking me for an agbado miscreant. Sorry, I am not!

1 Like

Re: Market Forces Responsible For Hike In Fuel Pump Price - NNPCL GMD, Kyari by Cromagnon: 2:41pm On Jul 19, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Grab my weed and bottle while i listen to ras kimono "under pressure "
Isa wicked situation we passing through right now in are we nation..the people dem ma suffer
Shege reloaded....Imagine no protest from Nigerians
lets start telling ourselves the truth and stop pretending if not this nation will be doomed in the nearest future
When a person from the three major tribe is the president..forget it you won't see a united protest from the masses...endsars protest the north didn't participate because their son was the president
Now with the hell we have been subjected to still no protest will happen because a son from a major tribe is the president( tinubu)...same thing will also occur if igbo man is the president

The only time we can see a united protest is when a person from minority tribe becomes the president...take for example subsidy removal of Jonathan in 2012...the whole nation united and there was protest despite the cheap and low cost of things...lets stop pretending...

It's easier for the big three to unite against a minority president than for the country to unite against a president from any of the big three. So unfortunate. That's the tragedy of Nigeria. We are doomed...please spread this news to every youth so we can unite..I'm not only a weed smoker, a pussy banger, a keyboard warrior And a drunkard but me I tell you I think critically
unite to do what
Re: Market Forces Responsible For Hike In Fuel Pump Price - NNPCL GMD, Kyari by sharone21(f): 3:57pm On Jul 19, 2023
That is why, just leaving our forex and fuel prices in the hands of 'market forces' controlled by greedy, capitalists like Nigerians, the prices may never really be suitable......

Pegging it may come in handy.
Re: Market Forces Responsible For Hike In Fuel Pump Price - NNPCL GMD, Kyari by wirinet(m): 4:16pm On Jul 19, 2023
sharone21:
That is why, just leaving our forex and fuel prices in the hands of 'market forces' controlled by greedy, capitalists like Nigerians, the prices may never really be suitable......

Pegging it may come in handy.
Even though Buhari was a disaster, one thing I gave him credit for was resisting pressures from IMF, world bank and international financial gurus to float the Naira. That was why inspite of his terrible economic policies and excessive corruption, Nigeria's economy did nor collapse.

Tinubu forming Jagaban by floating not only the Naira bit also petrol will collapse the economy in a year. I expect agbadoans to blame obiedients when that happens.

For your information the Naira fell from N750 to the dollar two days ago to N850 right now with the announcement of petrol at N617.

I have been depressed since yesterday as my logistics business and other businesses are suffering right now. Apart from high cost of energy there is the double whammy of law patronage.

Anyway I know the economic uncertainty is not affecting APC and their supporters.

1 Like

Re: Market Forces Responsible For Hike In Fuel Pump Price - NNPCL GMD, Kyari by ufuosman(m): 5:32pm On Jul 19, 2023
Make una dey use us catch cruise
Hand go touch una very soon
Re: Market Forces Responsible For Hike In Fuel Pump Price - NNPCL GMD, Kyari by okoroemeka(m): 8:30pm On Jul 19, 2023
Almiron:
Market forces kee you dia.
the good news I know is that the era of queues in filling stations is over,people will adapt to using bicycles,e bikes,motorcycles,I have even got a scooter that uses 1 ltr of fuel for 50km,people must adapt and life must go on,no matter what

1 Like

Re: Market Forces Responsible For Hike In Fuel Pump Price - NNPCL GMD, Kyari by Olukat(m): 9:15pm On Jul 19, 2023
Okoroawusa:

You just said complete bunkum

Clown angry angry
Re: Market Forces Responsible For Hike In Fuel Pump Price - NNPCL GMD, Kyari by adebayo987: 10:34pm On Jul 19, 2023
nairalandkachy1:

Previous Thread:
This man should be fired 🔥! His incompetence is telling on him.
Re: Market Forces Responsible For Hike In Fuel Pump Price - NNPCL GMD, Kyari by Exceed15: 12:13am On Jul 20, 2023
Acekidc4:
Oil Marketers Oil Marketers Why are you People so Selfish and Mean like this?? Meanwhile before you start shouting Tinubu, he has nothing to do with this but am very sure he will do something about this. No fear Tinubu is in Charge.

Who stupidly announced subsidy is gone in inaugural speech?

PATRON

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mohbad’s Wife Seeks Falana’s Intervention, Ekiti Assembly Demands Justice / Jos Jailbreak: Names, Photos Of Escaped Prisoners declared wanted / CCT Trial: FG Lines Up Eight Witnesses Against Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.