Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,625 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Most Foolish President: How Buhari Set Tinibu Up For Disgrace - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Most Foolish President: How Buhari Set Tinibu Up For Disgrace (4305 Views)

North Have Set Tinubu Up For Disgrace / Buhari set to retain 70% of ex-cabinet members in new ministerial list / President Buhari Set To Dissolve Cabinet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Foolish President: How Buhari Set Tinibu Up For Disgrace by Slynation(m): 6:05am On Jul 19, 2023
Emi lo kan! Emilo Kan...!! Emilo Kan that has set himself up for all manners of insults, worst part is that the demented senile fellow doesn't even have an iota of what he's doing. Anyways, during the campaign season, instead of brandishing his manifesto, Baba was busy giving the content creators something to talk about, and made himself a direct proxy for "Amusement" while the foolish ones defended his stupidity like the Spartan warriors.

Nigerians claim they want the best for themselves, but they hate doing the right thing...!!
Re: Most Foolish President: How Buhari Set Tinibu Up For Disgrace by nnamdi640: 6:21am On Jul 19, 2023
Lifestone:

Are you saying the two policies are wrong. Common, maybe I should listen to your alternatives to the position of BAT. Strong leaders take tough decisions.
Strong decision without putting things in place, I just pity you guys.
Re: Most Foolish President: How Buhari Set Tinibu Up For Disgrace by SIONKPO1(m): 6:51am On Jul 19, 2023
APC dudes are Silent,why?
Re: Most Foolish President: How Buhari Set Tinibu Up For Disgrace by SIONKPO1(m): 6:53am On Jul 19, 2023
I don't see PBAT escape Impeachment or been removed by the court

1 Like

Re: Most Foolish President: How Buhari Set Tinibu Up For Disgrace by nicedayontop: 7:22am On Jul 19, 2023
Tinubu has taken the best set of decisions since he became the president. Even the other candidates never say they would not remove subsidy. Anything or policy that will make Nigeria to stop borrowing in order to subsidize petrol consumption is highly welcomed. We can't eat our cake and have it. It is so obvious that Nigeria will go with the subsidy system going by the rate and amount of borrowing during Buhari government. This is positive economics as against normative economics. Unfortunate, many Nigerians don't understand the dangers ahead if we continue with subsidy regime.
Re: Most Foolish President: How Buhari Set Tinibu Up For Disgrace by alpharoyalty: 7:26am On Jul 19, 2023
I think Tinubu set himself up for disgrace by imposing buhari on us in the first place.
He knew buhari was an incompetent idiot yet he imposed him on Nigeria just for his selfish gain. See where we are today.
Tinubu should just shut his dirty mouth up and continue from where buhari stopped.
We are all in it together
Re: Most Foolish President: How Buhari Set Tinibu Up For Disgrace by Lifestone(m): 7:45am On Jul 19, 2023
nnamdi640:
Strong decision without putting things in place, I just pity you guys.
Lets have discussions . Like what?
Re: Most Foolish President: How Buhari Set Tinibu Up For Disgrace by Lifestone(m): 7:52am On Jul 19, 2023
nicedayontop:
Tinubu has taken the best set of decisions since he became the president. Even the other candidates never say they would not remove subsidy. Anything or policy that will make Nigeria to stop borrowing in order to subsidize petrol consumption is highly welcomed. We can't eat our cake and have it. It is so obvious that Nigeria will go with the subsidy system going by the rate and amount of borrowing during Buhari government. This is positive economics as against normative economics. Unfortunate, many Nigerians don't understand the dangers ahead if we continue with subsidy regime.
Subsidy is dead. BAT should show prudence and urgency in Governance. I expect to see massive cut down on government frivolous expenditures, immediate implementation of Orosanye report, stronger fight against corruption, stoppage of Crude theft and increase crude oil production.
He should sit down in Nigeria and let's fix our issues and stop all these travellings. He's got his hand filled up.
Re: Most Foolish President: How Buhari Set Tinibu Up For Disgrace by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 19, 2023
Ibbos need all the consolation they could get at this period. This you hopelessly hoping against all hope, hysteria and public throwing of tantrums are always entertaining.
Re: Most Foolish President: How Buhari Set Tinibu Up For Disgrace by Obaaderemi2: 8:01am On Jul 19, 2023
SOSinNigeria:
Tinibu has proven to be the most foolish president in history. Even Buhari everyone thought was dull succeeded in playing him for a fool.

Buhari, just like other presidents before him knew that removing subsidy without working refineries will spell doom. So, what did he do? He carefully set the date for subsidy removal to coincide with when he would be out of government. He gazetted that he has removed subsidy with a futuristic date. He took the glory yet used Tinibu as the mugu to take the blames.

Having raised hordes of tribal bigots, sycophants and propagandists to back him up, Tinubu thought he could ride roughshod on Nigerians. He removed subsidy on his first day as president. As if that wasn't bad enough, he flew the naira! He then basked in the glory of being a tough president who could walk where angels dread to go. Little did he know he was only digging his own pit.

Now, fuel price has continued to rise astronomically while naira continues to crash against the dollar. Tinibu must have realized his folly by now but it's too late. He can't bring back subsidy without appearing like a demented fool. Neither can he regulate the naira as was done before without making a caricature of himself. As things stand now, Tinibu can't do anything to save himself. Very soon naira will get to 1000 per dollar and fuel will get to 1000 per litre.

Even his bigots and sycophants are too hungry and too frustrated to put up a fight on his behalf. He has disgraced them completely and Obidients now make mockery of them everyday.

I bet Buhari, Jonathan and Obasanjo must be laughing hard at Tinibu and his foolishness.
grin Buhari laughing at Tinubu reminds me of an Orlando Owoh song where he said: a wise man died at the backyard of a foolish man.....
grin
Re: Most Foolish President: How Buhari Set Tinibu Up For Disgrace by Obaaderemi2: 8:10am On Jul 19, 2023
SamboAnguissa:
Ibbos need all the consolation they could get at this period. This you hopelessly hoping against all hope, hysteria and public throwing of tantrums are always entertaining.
Look, this has gone beyond ibos and yoruba online thingy. Are you buying fuel cheaper because you are not ibo?

1 Like

Re: Most Foolish President: How Buhari Set Tinibu Up For Disgrace by Dafresh: 8:14am On Jul 19, 2023
yarimo 3:
majority of Nigerians are proud of President TINUBU
you mean majority are happy buying fuel 650 naira

1 Like

Re: Most Foolish President: How Buhari Set Tinibu Up For Disgrace by blowjohn(m): 8:37am On Jul 19, 2023
Came4amod:

When a lunatic is given the whistle.. he blows it at anything that crawls .. what should be have done .. hide the fact that subsidy is a scam .. or allow BDC be eating up the economy.. Nigeria I currupt to a fault and the reason why the naira is falling is because those who have access to black pools are total Rouge's.. and they hate this country .. let me tell you .. haveing 2 exchange rates .. is a very very big loop hole .. 2 paying 2.9 trillion subsidy is another big hole ..he blocked those holes .. but the rogues will always make a way out to steal .. in the nearest future you will find out why the naira is still crashing and globally oil prices are increasing because of the economy thief's everywhere .. do you know it's people like me and you that determines the oil prices .. crude oil is never scrace go and Google it .. people made life more difficult for others to solidify thier own wealth.. the rich makes everything more expensive so they poor can't afford

U said it all.
The issue is nnpc.
There are many bastards in this country using subsidy removal as excuse to hike fuel prices.

Until nnpc is dealt with and rendered powerless, this wahala will go on

1 Like

Re: Most Foolish President: How Buhari Set Tinibu Up For Disgrace by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 8:45am On Jul 19, 2023
grin
Re: Most Foolish President: How Buhari Set Tinibu Up For Disgrace by OfficialAPCNig: 8:49am On Jul 19, 2023
Lifestone:

Are you saying the two policies are wrong. Common, maybe I should listen to your alternatives to the position of BAT. Strong leaders take tough decisions.
Not at the detriment of the general public. Their is nothing Tinubu can do to remedy the problem he plunged Nigeria with his ill-timed policies.
Re: Most Foolish President: How Buhari Set Tinibu Up For Disgrace by Raregem9000(m): 9:26am On Jul 19, 2023
Lol, you think this people have the intention of making our refineries work? If you think they do, why would FG think of spending 500billion on palliatives instead of diverting the funds to the rehabilitation of our refineries?
AdesegunSanni89:
Without removing subsidy on petrol, your refineries will not work. Tinubu is the best.
Re: Most Foolish President: How Buhari Set Tinibu Up For Disgrace by joseph032: 9:39am On Jul 19, 2023
When you have no plan in place. Your intention and Right doing will end up being Wrong.

Just look at the way the policies where pass.

Also all we have heard is 8k for palliative to do what exactly, it is for eba or for garri.

Solving the Electricity problem alone would have clam down the fuel ⛽️ crisis with about 50% and Giving a Clear account of the Money Save and where it will be put into would have gone a long way of Carrying Nigerian along. Also Cut Cost of Governance For Nigeria to breath

God Pls 🙏 it is Not too late. Nigeria Need Peter Obi
God Help Us all
Lifestone:

Re: Most Foolish President: How Buhari Set Tinibu Up For Disgrace by forexprophet(m): 10:00am On Jul 19, 2023
You are under a spell...fool

Lifestone:

1 Like

Re: Most Foolish President: How Buhari Set Tinibu Up For Disgrace by Penguin2: 10:21am On Jul 19, 2023
SOSinNigeria:
Tinibu has proven to be the most foolish president in history. Even Buhari everyone thought was dull succeeded in playing him for a fool.

Buhari, just like other presidents before him knew that removing subsidy without working refineries will spell doom. So, what did he do? He carefully set the date for subsidy removal to coincide with when he would be out of government. He gazetted that he has removed subsidy with a futuristic date. He took the glory yet used Tinibu as the mugu to take the blames.

Having raised hordes of tribal bigots, sycophants and propagandists to back him up, Tinubu thought he could ride roughshod on Nigerians. He removed subsidy on his first day as president. As if that wasn't bad enough, he floated the naira! He then basked in the glory of being a tough president who could walk where angels dread to go. Little did he know he was only digging his own pit.

Now, fuel price has continued to rise astronomically while naira continues to crash against the dollar. Tinibu must have realized his folly by now but it's too late. He can't bring back subsidy without appearing like a demented fool. Neither can he regulate the naira as was done before without making a caricature of himself. As things stand now, Tinibu can't do anything to save himself. Very soon naira will get to 1000 per dollar and fuel will get to 1000 per litre.

Even his bigots and sycophants are too hungry and too frustrated to put up a fight on his behalf. He has disgraced them completely and Obidients now make mockery of them everyday.

I bet Buhari, Jonathan and Obasanjo must be laughing hard at Tinibu and his foolishness.
I don’t think it was Buhari that set Tinubu up to fail, I think Tinubu undid himself by himself.

I read of a report by a committee chaired by Sen. Abiru, the former MD of Polaris bank who they say might be next Minister of Finance even though he’s a serving senator.

That committee was set up by Tinubu and his handlers before even inauguration and they came up with what would form the economic blueprint of Tinubu’s administration. They recommended a phased removal of subsidy and a delayed floating of the Naira; a recommendation backed by data.

But on Inauguration Day, Tinubu ignored the expert recommendation as informed by data and chose to act on impulse and his immediate instincts. He even said it later in an interview that his men were surprised that he made that pronouncement as it was not part of his speech. The result is the disaster we have now.

So, it’s not Buhari’s fault. Even Buhari made provision for subsidy till end of June but Tinubu cut it shorter. And even if it had been gazetted, Tinubu as president had powers to review it.

The man no just get sense.
Re: Most Foolish President: How Buhari Set Tinibu Up For Disgrace by Smile4me01(m): 10:22am On Jul 19, 2023
When people are telling their supporters that Tinubu lack mental capacity to run this country they are making noise up and down
Re: Most Foolish President: How Buhari Set Tinibu Up For Disgrace by Lifestone(m): 10:28am On Jul 19, 2023
forexprophet:

Why are you such a mannerless being. You do not deserve my response
Re: Most Foolish President: How Buhari Set Tinibu Up For Disgrace by nnamdi640: 10:31am On Jul 19, 2023
Lifestone:

Lets have discussions . Like what?
Removing subsidy without making sure that the refineries are in place is not right, the increment is more than 200% which will have a massive negative effect on the economy.
Re: Most Foolish President: How Buhari Set Tinibu Up For Disgrace by SOSinNigeria: 10:34am On Jul 19, 2023
Penguin2:

I don’t think it was Buhari that set Tinubu up to fail, I think Tinubu undid himself by himself.

I read of a report by a committee chaired by Sen. Abiru, the former MD of Polaris bank who they say might be next Minister of Finance even though he’s a serving senator.

That committee was set up by Tinubu and his handlers before even inauguration and they came up with what would form the economic blueprint of Tinubu’s administration. They recommended a phased removal of subsidy and a delayed floating of the Naira; a recommendation backed by data.

But on Inauguration Day, Tinubu ignored the expert recommendation as informed by data and chose to act on impulse and his immediate instincts. He even said it later in an interview that his men were surprised that he made that pronouncement as it was not part of his speech. The result is the disaster we have now.

So, it’s not Buhari’s fault. Even Buhari made provision for subsidy till end of June but Tinubu cut it shorter. And even if it had been gazetted, Tinubu as president had powers to review it.

The man no just get sense.

Yes, that inauguration speech announcement of subsidy removal was obviously unintentional. Tinubu obviously didn't mean to say that subsidy has ended. But because he is ignorant or too old to understand that any word uttered by a president is critical. Immediately he made that mistake, media carried the news and fuel stations increased their prices. Instead of him to clarify that his statement was misconstrued, the old man decided to ride with it.

Someone that openly said 'na data we go chop' shows he doesn't even understand the importance of data in economic management.

Peter Obi understands the critical importance of data and peer review, and that's why he doesn't joke with it. He will check if there are other developing countries that have tried it and how successful they were. He will also make comparisons with Nigeria to understand how to implement it.

Tinubu is just a disaster and at this point, the damage is done. Nigeria's economy is headed for a crash if the mad man isn't stopped.
Re: Most Foolish President: How Buhari Set Tinibu Up For Disgrace by SOSinNigeria: 10:36am On Jul 19, 2023
forexprophet:

grin grin grin
Re: Most Foolish President: How Buhari Set Tinibu Up For Disgrace by Lovelive: 10:37am On Jul 19, 2023
Exactly what I told my landlord before the election that if paraventure Tinubu won ,he should know that it is was a trap that would eventually lead him to his disgrace/downfall.

onumadu:
I thought you wanted to say that Buhari concocted a clear fraudulent elections to bring Tinubu in, knowing fully well that the judiciary will reverse it.
Buhari appeared to have honored their gentleman agreement (keep in mind that there is no honor among thieves, lol) , but Buhari set up landmine through the brazen electoral fraud.
And Buhari handpicked Mahmood to carry out the plan.
That is why INEC deliberately posted wrong electoral results to the iRev portal.
By the time Tinubu realizes all these games, he would be back in Irabiji. grin

1 Like

Re: Most Foolish President: How Buhari Set Tinibu Up For Disgrace by SOSinNigeria: 10:39am On Jul 19, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
grin Buhari laughing at Tinubu reminds me of an Orlando Owoh song where he said: a wise man died at the backyard of a foolish man.....
grin

Lol, it's either Tinubu was over confident or crassly ignorant. The way Buhari ran him street was too brutal.

I didn't expect a so-called city boy to fall mugu like this grin
Re: Most Foolish President: How Buhari Set Tinibu Up For Disgrace by Lifestone(m): 10:39am On Jul 19, 2023
nnamdi640:
Removing subsidy without making sure that the refineries are in place is not right, the increment is more than 200% which will have a massive negative effect on the economy.
Having a working refinery won't help and the refinery will receive crude valued in dollar. The current increase is probably a response to declining Naira value. The impact of nonpayment of subsidy can be seen in the increased infow into the Federation Account the highest ever.
We should therefore hold hold our leaders responsible for a judicious use of the funds both at the National and Sub-national level.
More free education, infrastructures, school feeding, increase in minimum wage etc and these must be quick.
Re: Most Foolish President: How Buhari Set Tinibu Up For Disgrace by Khyrvxjzy: 10:59am On Jul 19, 2023
SOSinNigeria:

Having raised hordes of tribal bigots, sycophants and propagandists to back him up, Tinubu thought he could ride roughshod on Nigerians. He removed subsidy on his first day as president. As if that wasn't bad enough, he floated the naira! He then basked in the glory of being a tough president who could walk where angels dread to go. Little did he know he was only digging his own pit.

i will kill you
Re: Most Foolish President: How Buhari Set Tinibu Up For Disgrace by nnamdi640: 11:07am On Jul 19, 2023
Lifestone:

Having a working refinery won't help and the refinery will receive crude valued in dollar. The current increase is probably a response to declining Naira value. The impact of nonpayment of subsidy can be seen in the increased infow into the Federation Account the highest ever.
We should therefore hold hold our leaders responsible for a judicious use of the funds both at the National and Sub-national level.
More free education, infrastructures, school feeding, increase in minimum wage etc and these must be quick.
With all what you mentioned, corruption won't allow such to happened. Again, if the so called crude oil is refined in this country, there won't be any need for demand of dollars for importation of the refined products, even if there is increase in the price of crude oil, it won't affect the price as what we have now. With this present price, we are among those countries that buys fuel at a very higher rate. A country that have crude oil and yet buys the products at a higher rate, I don't think we have two countries that are in our situation
Re: Most Foolish President: How Buhari Set Tinibu Up For Disgrace by Tinubuderanged: 11:22am On Jul 19, 2023
AdesegunSanni89:
Without removing subsidy on petrol, your refineries will not work. Tinubu is the best.
which refinery is working now
Re: Most Foolish President: How Buhari Set Tinibu Up For Disgrace by Tinubuderanged: 11:27am On Jul 19, 2023
flokii:
Sorry to say this mr poster, you're not intelligent one bit.

There was a time one Igbo couple who own filling station (God bless them plenty) refused selling PMS at the price NNPCL was selling as at June. Their reason was that they don't want to extort Nigerians and they kept selling at normal price while NNPCL was dishing out fake statistics to cover their broad daylight theft .

Dont be surprised if you see a fallout and in-fighting among the marketers where some will come out and sell at far lesser price than what NNPCL is fixing. They will soon split into factions cos some still have conscience and fear of God in them.
The NNPCL you are seeing now has turned cash cow for cabals to strangulate Nigerians to death through unreasonable prices using subsidy removal as excuse.. Just watch how NNPCL would be disgraced soon.
gerrout Mr intelligent.
Re: Most Foolish President: How Buhari Set Tinibu Up For Disgrace by Tinubuderanged: 11:43am On Jul 19, 2023
nicedayontop:
the subsidy that tinubu stood against in 2012?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu Has Lost Control Of The Economy Very Early / Deji Abiola: Like Father Like Offspring / How Lion Of Judah Prophet Akinade Is Defrauding His Congregation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.