Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,191 members, 7,811,496 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:06 PM

Peter Obi Failed To Show He Scored Majority Votes, INEC Tells Court - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Failed To Show He Scored Majority Votes, INEC Tells Court (34041 Views)

Obi Failed To Specify How He Scored Majority Of Votes – Tribunal / Muhammad Sanusi: Nigerians Selling Votes, INEC, Police Not Neutral / All 44 Kano LGA Governorship Results In, PDP Wins Majority Votes - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Failed To Show He Scored Majority Votes, INEC Tells Court by Posh2018: 1:40pm On Jul 19, 2023
aswani:

If Obi won, why didn't he prove it at the Tribunal?

If INEC rigged it for APC, where is the proof that was presented at the Tribunal.

Why can't Obidients accept that there are a lot of people that didn't vote for Peter Obi? They wound themselves up into a needless frenzy about their candidate and because of this, cannot fathom him not only not winning, but coming a humble third.

You guys are simply not enough numbers wise, that you have a very noisy prescence on social media is no reflection on the composition of the Nigerian electorate as a whole.

You are the one blinded by the falsehood of a non existent election victory.

Per voting APC again after an admittedly disastrous 8 years , it was clear that Bubu's APC government was going to be different to that of President Tinubu's. Reason why we had the Naira change and why the Cabal are now gone and long forgotten.

You are worrying yourself.

Obidients actually know Obi didn't do better than 3rd. They just want to continue to spew biles, create tension and claim victim in the hope that it will help in one way or the other. Also use the opportunity to pour venoms.

Obi + All supporters and Lawyers know he didn't win. Reason they didn't bother to have agents in the north. They wanted to manipulate from IREV portal and claim victory from cloud. At best, cause confusion.

Just that it will be counter productive. Let them enjoy their victim mentality.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Failed To Show He Scored Majority Votes, INEC Tells Court by SenatePresdo(m): 1:44pm On Jul 19, 2023
aswani:

We are finally making progress with Obidients, so no more cries of "stolen mandate". Wonderful.

I assume by "requirement", you are referring to the badly worded 25% stuff. I am not worried about that as the spirit of that requirement is clear (to me at least).

Whoever wins, my biggest joy is that we will enjoy or endure the person together as a nation.

You see why obidients shouldn't be laughed at?
Re: Peter Obi Failed To Show He Scored Majority Votes, INEC Tells Court by Amah70: 1:51pm On Jul 19, 2023
Posh2018:

Obidients actually know Obi didn't do better than 3rd. They just want to continue to spew biles, create tension and claim victim in the hope that it will help in one way or the other. Also use the opportunity to pour venoms.

Obi + All supporters and Lawyers know he didn't win. Reason they didn't bother to have agents in the north. They wanted to manipulate from IREV portal and claim victory from cloud. At best, cause confusion.

Victim mentality is one already a victim of inept leaders he has chosen since 2015 and continues with choice of bad leaders in 2023. inept leaders who drove his country to become the poverty capital of the world.

A victim mentality is in one who was assured by an election umpire that electronic transmission of vote results instead of old manual collation of votes results would be used for the next election, but the umpire resorted to the old and discarded manual collation of votes results and told you a cock and bull story of computer glitch. You accept.
What else do you think about a victim mentality? Is it after you are dead and buried of hunger and disease that you will understand that you are a victim of your choice of leaders?
Re: Peter Obi Failed To Show He Scored Majority Votes, INEC Tells Court by AMI3(m): 1:52pm On Jul 19, 2023
muykem:
INEC has buried the case in a simple and clear few sentences. You didn't tell court, your Lawful votes wrongfully deducted or illegal votes fraudulently added to the winner.

So what will be INEC defense concerning blurred and cancellation of some of the score on the INEC papers that they are carrying around.

Do u want to tell me that, that is acceptable?
Re: Peter Obi Failed To Show He Scored Majority Votes, INEC Tells Court by Amah70: 1:54pm On Jul 19, 2023
If you accept the INEC Chairman's cock and bull story of computer glitch as genuine excuse for him to resort to outdated and discarded manual collation of votes results, you are as good as a rotten egg.
Re: Peter Obi Failed To Show He Scored Majority Votes, INEC Tells Court by Dicoomoba: 1:54pm On Jul 19, 2023
Feintline:
Political party INEC is dumb.

With all the compelling evidences of over voting, blurred results and actual results poured out by the super intelligent legal team of Podatti, shameless , disgraceful , fraudulent and disgusting yakubu inec alongside hired political propaganda medium , premium times are still vomitting saliva.

At this stage you should by now known what and who to believe in reality , my brother fake can look like real but will not last before exposed but real can look fake while we enjoy our lasting Jagaban , join us to build Nigeria 🇳🇬, THE RENEWED HOPE IS HERE
Re: Peter Obi Failed To Show He Scored Majority Votes, INEC Tells Court by Posh2018: 2:03pm On Jul 19, 2023
Amah70:
APC set up a possible 24 years of unbroken Muslim presidency for Nigeria.
Islamization and Talibanization of Nigeria by APC are reasons why Tinubu, INEC and APC lawyers have fixated themselves in attacking Peter Obi but ignore Atiku Abubakar.
Mahmood Yakubu was ready to commit suicide than let Obi win the presidential election.
If not, how else can anyone explain why the glitch on only the system for electronic transmission of vote results of presidential election?
If you give the INEC excuse of glitch to a judge in a saner clime, the judge will throw you into jail for trying to mesmerise the court with what you intentionally did in disabling the electronic transmission system the country spent billions of Naira to acquire for transparency in elections.

Example which country did the judge do that? U have to answer or we ascribe the spirit of lying on you

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Failed To Show He Scored Majority Votes, INEC Tells Court by danijesus(m): 2:06pm On Jul 19, 2023
solreb:

Yet your OBI could not bring to the tribunal the original PU results his agents got and prove that he won. Or at lest showed how many votes that INEC "alloted" to Tinubu that should be deducted. He failed to do this. It is the available result that is transmitted. So, if INEC failed to transmit you bring your original results to prove your case. Very simple. The reason why Obi did not do that is because he knew he did not win nor have any evidence to show INEC alloted votes to Tinubu.
he brought the original pu results...you didn't follow the court case
Re: Peter Obi Failed To Show He Scored Majority Votes, INEC Tells Court by duro4chang(m): 2:13pm On Jul 19, 2023
Feintline:

With all the compelling evidences of over voting, blurred results and actual results poured out by the super intelligent legal team of Podatti, shameless , disgraceful , fraudulent and disgusting yakubu inec alongside hired political propaganda medium , premium times are still vomitting saliva.
Which evidences? Is it the heap of garbage he took to the court. The garbage is meant for trash bin.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Failed To Show He Scored Majority Votes, INEC Tells Court by pletho: 2:30pm On Jul 19, 2023
lack of comon sense people, trying to justify an election that lack common sense
duro4chang:
Which evidences? Is it the heap of garbage he took to the court. The garbage is meant for trash bin.
Re: Peter Obi Failed To Show He Scored Majority Votes, INEC Tells Court by duro4chang(m): 2:34pm On Jul 19, 2023
pletho:
lack of comon sense people, trying to justify an election that lack common sense
Your comment shows your level undestanding and how naive you are. Obi is chasing the wind.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Failed To Show He Scored Majority Votes, INEC Tells Court by striker07(m): 2:40pm On Jul 19, 2023
Amah70:

Never.
The INEC evidence that its computer had a glitch only on presidential election transmission system is enough reason for a judge to order his arrest for trying to play on the intelligence of judges and lawyers. Nigeria cannot be a strange country where lawyers intelligence are exchanged with money or ethnic loyalties.

Remember Mahmood's SERVER DENIAL SCANDAL in the courts of 2019.
One man cannot afford to insult the intelligence of the judges twice and APPOINT presidents for Nigeria twice.
Is Mahmood Yakubu a sacred son?
You don't know much about software,a single line of code can affect uploading of specific results.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Failed To Show He Scored Majority Votes, INEC Tells Court by BreconHills(m): 2:42pm On Jul 19, 2023
Igwe9:
INEC also failed to prove how Tinubu won an election

INEC are not the one that initiated the case. The burden of proof is always on the person asserting the fact. LP and PDP must prove not only that there was fraud but that the scale of such fraud renders the entire election null and void or that they won the election based on numbers.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Failed To Show He Scored Majority Votes, INEC Tells Court by Amah70: 2:49pm On Jul 19, 2023
Posh2018:

Example which country did the judge do that? U have to answer or we ascribe the spirit of lying on you
What country had thrown its Central Bank Governor to jail but cuddled its election umpire who committed a worse offence of subversion of the will of the electorate through a most primitive and fraudulent method?
You don't know that in a saner clime, an angry judge can order the detention of Yakubu Mahmood for insulting the psyche of judges through Mahmood's denial of existence of INEC SERVER before the judges in 2019, and coming with the stupid excuse of computer glitch to insult judges psyche in 2023.
How could a country decide to use a more transparent electonic system of election, and the Election umpire swore before the electorate that no other method except electronic transmission of vote results would be used for the election; but on election day, after voters cast their votes, the umpire resorted to the discarded system in ONLY PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION to count votes and produce a winner? Any judge who accepts the situation Mahmood put Nigeria is landing the country on troubled waters.
Re: Peter Obi Failed To Show He Scored Majority Votes, INEC Tells Court by seunlayi(m): 2:56pm On Jul 19, 2023
Oludon20:
In my opinion,APC or INEC need not dwell on this. All parties had agents in the polling units. Their job is to sign the EC08 form which is the authentic result from their polling units. These are to be sent to their respective SITUATION ROOMS for their personal collation. The question is What was the result from their situation rooms and where did discrepancies show when compared to INEC declared results?. Did they provide these in Court room or just some BLURRED papers were presented. This is where I think LP and PDP messed up the case. They could not prove it and that is what the INEC lawyer is saying. Yes INEC is grossly incompetent,they will be dealt with but I am sorry, I doubt if the Judges will declare a rerun after all the money blown away for the last election. Highest they will Sanitise INEC

But I think the judiciary has no business with the cost of re-run it was already provided for in inecs budget... This was why obj cautioned INEC to check things before rushing to declare the winner during the night. Rerun would have run conveniently the next Saturday maybe in isolated places and this whole thing won't have been this way
Re: Peter Obi Failed To Show He Scored Majority Votes, INEC Tells Court by Amah70: 3:01pm On Jul 19, 2023
striker07:
You don't know much about software,a single line of code can affect uploading of specific results.

If a software develops a fault while you are working with it on your computer, will you resort to the discarded typewriter to continue the work knowing full well that the typewriter cannot process the job?
You must stop the job until the software issue is rectified; of course, you must annull whatever results thrown up by the faulty software.

Corollary, Mahmood Yakubu should have no business resorting to the discarded system of manual collation of votes results when he saw his computer glitch or whatever. He should have stopped collation of votes results until the glitch is rectified, knowing full well that no reasonable person will accept the results he prepared from manual collation which the Electoral Act of 2022 discarded.

Re: Peter Obi Failed To Show He Scored Majority Votes, INEC Tells Court by Igwe9(m): 3:10pm On Jul 19, 2023
BreconHills:

INEC are not the one that initiated the case. The burden of proof is always on the person asserting the fact. LP and PDP must prove not only that there was fraud but that the scale of such fraud renders the entire election null and void or that they won the election based on numbers.
Election is supposed to be transparent, right? so how do you expect the Labour party to act the role of INEC, INEC manufactured results from where there was no voting and still refused to make available the source of their results.
You lots are very wicked individuals and don't deserve any response.
Re: Peter Obi Failed To Show He Scored Majority Votes, INEC Tells Court by aswani(m): 3:17pm On Jul 19, 2023
SenatePresdo:

Whoever wins, my biggest joy is that we will enjoy or endure the person together as a nation.

You see why obidients shouldn't be laughed at?

Honestly I am shocked, are you sure you are an Obidient?

Amen to your prayers sha.
Re: Peter Obi Failed To Show He Scored Majority Votes, INEC Tells Court by aswani(m): 3:20pm On Jul 19, 2023
Posh2018:

Posh218, you are right and I try really hard not to bite but these Obidients have an uncanny way of dragging me back in with their outlandish claims made from some supposed position of knowledge and authority.

No wonder IyaebeTheGreat left, I can see the reason now.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Failed To Show He Scored Majority Votes, INEC Tells Court by BreconHills(m): 3:45pm On Jul 19, 2023
Igwe9:

Election is supposed to be transparent, right? so how do you expect the Labour party to act the role of INEC, INEC manufactured results from where there was no voting and still refused to make available the source of their results.
You lots are very wicked individuals and don't deserve any response.

I was answering you because you spoke about fact over emotion. I generally don't respond to obidients because it is a religious cult. You can't reason with them.

What I have stated is the law. The burden of proving a matter rests on the party asserting it. All you need to do is to check whether what I have said is correct. Instead you continue to hold fast to your opinion as if the law cares about opinion.

The reason INEC and the APC called only two witnesses between them is because they are asserting that neither LP or PDP has made a case for re run or change of winner. In such a case, the respondent will not create any possible opportunity for loopholes in its case by calling many witnesses that can be cross examined by the petitioner.

Whether the court or tribunal believes them is another matter but APC ans INEC's failure to elongate the trial or call many witnesses is simply because in their opinion, the petitioners have not made their own case, so why help them?

Modified for clarity

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Failed To Show He Scored Majority Votes, INEC Tells Court by kayjay69(m): 3:50pm On Jul 19, 2023
It is just laughable really.
INEC provided election materials to LP with which they used to declare the preferred candidate winner only for them to turn around asking the court not to accept said election materials.
Now they are claiming LP and Obi cannot prove they won and this is the leg they wish to rest their case upon.

In a sane climate, Tinubu would have been disqualified a long time ago but Nigerian courts rule on technicalities, I won't be surprised especially knowing that money would have changed hands, if the tribunal rules in favour of INEC AND APC.

And as usual, the biggest losers continue to be the Nigerian people.
Feintline:

Re: Peter Obi Failed To Show He Scored Majority Votes, INEC Tells Court by muykem: 4:21pm On Jul 19, 2023
AMI3:

So what will be INEC defense concerning blurred and cancellation of some of the score on the INEC papers that they are carrying around.

Do u want to tell me that, that is acceptable?
INEC said they have clearer hard copies if you are interested to see it.
Re: Peter Obi Failed To Show He Scored Majority Votes, INEC Tells Court by commoditiesnig: 4:29pm On Jul 19, 2023
DoTheNeedful:
A lot of Obidients thrive on conspiracy theories, lies and misinformation. Unfortunately, many unscrupulous elements are feeding on these weaknesses to grow their social media and YouTube following e.g. NedMedia.

We have been telling them that Obi didn't prove anything in court for the court to rule in his favor. He has not been able to show the court the number of votes that he was deprived of, the number of votes to be subtracted from Tinubu's and/or Atiku's votes. He has also not shown how the non-transmission of the votes to electronically has affected him. If you are familiar with court judgements about elections in Nigeria, you would know that these are usually the things judges base their decisions on.

I can bet with everything I have in this world that the court will not deliver victory for Obi, maybe a rerun at best. The very intelligent ones among the Obidients know this and that is why they are looking into disqualifying Tinubu based on other technicalities like the so called Shettima double nomination and so on.

Gbam!

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Failed To Show He Scored Majority Votes, INEC Tells Court by Igwe9(m): 4:29pm On Jul 19, 2023
BreconHills:

I was answering you because you spoke about fact over emotion. I generally don't respond to obidients because it is a religious cult. You can't reason with them.

What I have stated is the law. The burden of proving a matter rests on the party asserting it. All you need to do is to check whether what I have said is correct. Instead you continue to hold fast to your opinion as if the law cares about opinion.

The reason INEC and the APC called only two witnesses between them is because they are asserting that neither LP or PDP has made a case for re run or change of winner. In such a case, the respondent will not create any possible opportunity for loopholes in its case by calling many witnesses that can be cross examined by the petitioner.

Whether the court or tribunal believes them is another matter but APC ans INEC's failure to elongate the trial or call many witnesses is simply because in their opinion, the petitioners have not made their own case, so why help them?

Modified for clarity
INEC missed the whole point, they did not defend the election that they conducted, That response is expected of APC and not the INEC, their defense should be how transparent, fair and free the election they conducted was and not about labour party wining or not.
Their responsibility is to be transparent and be seen to be.

They did not call enough witness because they don't have enough evidence to backup their claim about election being free and fair.

Labour party is of the opinion that INEC announced results where election did not hold and INEC is asking labour party to produce the result of the places where election did not hold and still refused to allow them access to BVAS machines.

Tribunal will go through the evidences that have been presented before them to make their ruling.
Re: Peter Obi Failed To Show He Scored Majority Votes, INEC Tells Court by Tareq1105: 4:42pm On Jul 19, 2023
MatrixCircle:

You could have said why the AWS server selectively went down for the Presidential results transmission, remember the Senate and House of assembly results were actually transmitted real-time with same BIVAS machine. So it didn't go down. It selected only the Presidential results.

How would IREV transmission help your case? Do you have a copy of Electoral Law? Where is it stated that you must transmit election through IREV portal? Half education is a disease.
Re: Peter Obi Failed To Show He Scored Majority Votes, INEC Tells Court by Tareq1105: 4:53pm On Jul 19, 2023
Eecho:
A billionaire, Looser ? Looser na you and your papa .

So Obi is a billionaire?

The same Obi that flew Economy ticket to Egypt last year telling Nigeria and Nigerians that he wasn't a rich man?

I hate deceitful people.
Re: Peter Obi Failed To Show He Scored Majority Votes, INEC Tells Court by ojoisimi(m): 5:08pm On Jul 19, 2023
Igwe9:
INEC also failed to prove how Tinubu won an election. Any Election that lacks in transparency is dead on arrival, You declared someone the winner out of blue and when asked to produce the document that you got your results from, You refused. You won't allow them access to the BVAS machine and you are here talking rubbish.
Where will the party agents get results where election did not take place?
Provide the BVAS machines, NO.
Karma will surely visit all of you one after the other

Mumuness at its peak. What other proof do they need to show other than the results released by them? It's Giringori that's expected to prove he won not otherwise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Failed To Show He Scored Majority Votes, INEC Tells Court by jikins(m): 5:14pm On Jul 19, 2023
Tareq1105:

So Obi is a billionaire?

The same Obi that flew Economy ticket to Egypt last year telling Nigeria and Nigerians that he wasn't a rich man?

I hate deceitful people.

When did Obi say he isn't a rich man. Please bring the source of this your information let us see.
Re: Peter Obi Failed To Show He Scored Majority Votes, INEC Tells Court by MatrixCircle: 5:35pm On Jul 19, 2023
Tareq1105:

How would IREV transmission help your case? Do you have a copy of Electoral Law? Where is it stated that you must transmit election through IREV portal? Half education is a disease.
I believe I am far more educated than you. Atleast I graduated from a university that's among the 100 best in the world university ranking.
If all your generation sell all thier lands you wouldn't afford it.
Re: Peter Obi Failed To Show He Scored Majority Votes, INEC Tells Court by Raskimonojendor: 5:36pm On Jul 19, 2023
Of cos.like Peter Obi like memmona jamb girl. Both Frauds.
Re: Peter Obi Failed To Show He Scored Majority Votes, INEC Tells Court by maxiart2(m): 5:57pm On Jul 19, 2023
walex2:
You are not getting it if there are blurred results uploaded on the IREV the simple solution is to bring the copy of the original result sheets given to all your agents at the polling units and re work the calculation at the tribunal. That is how to prove a case. See fayeni vs Segun oni case in Ekiti. Mimiko vs Segun Agagu case im Ondo etc.

You guys still don't understand.
The agent result sheet is the least considered result by the court. The CTC issued by INEC is the first which they have already submitted then followed by the police copy. It is only when the first two are not available that they might consider the agent's copy.
A lot of people are unaware of this.
Re: Peter Obi Failed To Show He Scored Majority Votes, INEC Tells Court by shonepa(m): 5:58pm On Jul 19, 2023
How Tinubu cum take be president? INEC don prove am since, no be the reason wey dem dey court?

We wait for the verdict

Igwe9:
INEC also failed to prove how Tinubu won an election. Any Election that lacks in transparency is dead on arrival, You declared someone the winner out of blue and when asked to produce the document that you got your results from, You refused. You won't allow them access to the BVAS machine and you are here talking rubbish.
Where will the party agents get results where election did not take place?
Provide the BVAS machines, NO.
Karma will surely visit all of you one after the other

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigeria Break Up Imminent, Oduduwa Republic Inevitable - Bayo Oluwasanmi / Which States Will Oppose The New VAT Ruling? / Reconstruction Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway, Lauretta Onochie Mocks PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.