Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,846 members, 7,817,507 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Things I Found Out About Sweden! - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Things I Found Out About Sweden! (85352 Views)

Ikenna Nweke: I Declined 10% Of Money I Found In Japan / My Experience When I Moved To Sweden! / Do You Know Anything About Sweden Pls Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by 00FFT00(m): 6:41pm On Jul 20, 2023
pansophist:
Malmo is better in my opinion.

Just 30 mins away from Copenhagen, and it's warmer than Stockholm. Life in Malmo is also fabulous. it is lively and awesome.

And yes I agree with you. Sweden can straighten all the shit away from your life. If you have a legal residence there, then materially, you are set for life.

The things most people worry about have been taken care of. You will be paid to study, so you don't disturb yourself with hustle. Your rent paid for, with free healthcare, doesn't matter if your sickness needs 1M USD per month for medicine.

Safe, civilized, and beautiful., and exceptionally clean.

Germany offers everything you mentioned and much more.
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by 00FFT00(m): 6:47pm On Jul 20, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

To be honest even learning a new language doesn't guarantee anything. People don go Goethe institute sotey they dey dream in German. Visa no still come cheesy grin. The only foreign language I can advise anyone to learn is Spanish. Citizenship in Spanish speaking countries is a bit easy and if you want to get eu citizenship. All ex colonies nationals only need to live two years in Spain to get EU citizenship. Mind you this can be gotten in 6 years depending on when you leave naija o. That 6 years na only PR In some countries that's if you get visa sef

German citizenship is doable within 3 years.
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by SIRTee15: 6:50pm On Jul 20, 2023
pansophist:
Malmo is better in my opinion.

Just 30 mins away from Copenhagen, and it's warmer than Stockholm. Life in Malmo is also fabulous. it is lively and awesome.

And yes I agree with you. Sweden can straighten all the shit away from your life. If you have a legal residence there, then materially, you are set for life.

The things most people worry about have been taken care of. You will be paid to study, so you don't disturb yourself with hustle. Your rent paid for, with free healthcare, doesn't matter if your sickness needs 1M USD per month for medicine.

Safe, civilized, and beautiful., and exceptionally clean.

So long as they keep a firm hand on immigration, they will be fine.
The day they adopt massive 3rd world immigration is the beginning of their doom.

6 Likes

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:51pm On Jul 20, 2023
00FFT00:

German citizenship is doable within 3 years.

It hasn't been passed into constitution. Germany is always talking. Let them walk the talk. Na so them launch opportunity card whereas they launched job seeker visa which they refused to approve for people since. Still takes 16 months to get a study visa lol grin grin grin

https://www.bmi.bund.de/SharedDocs/faqs/EN/topics/migration/staatsang/Erwerb_der_deutschen_Staatsbuergerschaft_durch_Eingbuergerung_en.html

1 Like

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by 00FFT00(m): 7:14pm On Jul 20, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

It hasn't been passed into constitution. Germany is always talking. Let them walk the talk. Na so them launch opportunity card whereas they launched job seeker visa which they refused to approve for people since. Still takes 16 months to get a study visa lol grin grin grin

https://www.bmi.bund.de/SharedDocs/faqs/EN/topics/migration/staatsang/Erwerb_der_deutschen_Staatsbuergerschaft_durch_Eingbuergerung_en.html

You're reading, but I am telling you what is. Just ask if you don't know.
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:15pm On Jul 20, 2023
00FFT00:

You're reading, but I am telling you what is. Just ask if you don't know.

I went to look and this is only possible through marriage. Do German ladies easily do contract marriage with African men? If it's that straightforward why are people still claiming asylum and without papers for years?

4 Likes

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by RawSex(m): 7:20pm On Jul 20, 2023
cocolacec:

They have dont that in the past.Swedes and Danish were sworn enemies in the past .The finns never had it good with the Swedes oligarchy.Skane region belonging to Denmark had to be relinquished to the Sweden territory under a treaty for peace to reign.

2 years Sweden marked an anniversary of their noble men in broad day light by Danes in Stockholm.I once visited the Kalmar king's old palace,where we showed the tunnel he absconds from when Danish intruders attack his palace.

Thr problem of Nigeria was colonialism and forcing different culture into a nation is the greatest crime against humanity.
Nigeria should be broken into 25 countries to habe peace like the Europeans.
This one is busy talking about the past grin

If all the insecurities and hardship happening now in Nigeria happened 30 years ago then who will give a Fu*ck sad

Always finding ways in defending nonsense

1 Like

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by grandstar(m): 7:20pm On Jul 20, 2023
BigDawsNet:

πŸ˜ƒBroda why u con dey vex.. I don't need to go to Sweden as I have been living in the U.S for over 4years now... I'm only asking OP the most common question prospective travellers been asking me... if I wanted to travel to sweden... I will definitely do that on visiting alone...

Any opportunities in the US? Just wondering
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by OBTOREPA(m): 7:30pm On Jul 20, 2023
CalmTravels:
You will be amazed how most of the things you pray is actually provided for by govt here!

The visa is how much?
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by PrincessofDSS(f): 7:35pm On Jul 20, 2023
CalmTravels:
For me, Swedish visa is very easy to get as i apply through Rwanda. I got it in 5 days! Like i said before, they are tightening the route through education because most people from 3rd country, come school & dont like to go back to their country. They need businesses who can at least employ them.....

That is why they easily give visas to entrepreneurs than to students

Talking about business or tech, what kind of business or tech do one indicate while applying for their visa?

Please elaborate

Thank you in advance

1 Like

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by Tobianojoel(m): 7:48pm On Jul 20, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

And funny enough some Nigerians were complaining the other day about how hard life is in Sweden. Fucking ungrateful lots
Mr Poster said that Sweden is expensive. Always read in order to understand.

1 Like

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by Ohizman73(m): 7:57pm On Jul 20, 2023
Which one are we to believe your experience or this one 'My Experience When I Moved To Sweden! by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jan 30, 2019'

1 Like

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by Ohizman73(m): 7:58pm On Jul 20, 2023
Ohizman73:
Which one are we to believe your experience or this one 'My Experience When I Moved To Sweden! by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jan 30, 2019'

https://www.nairaland.com/4992179/experience-when-moved-sweden
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by Inyaky(f): 8:00pm On Jul 20, 2023
124546397]

Pls which online platform do u meet all these foreigners?

I met them on Facebook group, all this group like white dating black and vice versa and so many other foreign dating groups on Facebook. But as for Norwegian man, I can't really remember where.

1 Like

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by onuman: 8:08pm On Jul 20, 2023
The coco in the tory of Sweden:
Gap between rich and poor very thin.
Tap water is the source of drinking water.
You don't need to steal, even if you steal, you will eventually get caught.
Bicycle and train are the main transport systems.
-------‐---------------------
This Sweden πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ͺ is exact opposite of Nigeria πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬.

Sweden πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ͺ is heaven on earth.

Nigeria πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬ is hell on earth.

2 Likes

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by PPIA: 8:11pm On Jul 20, 2023
CalmTravels:
Things I found out in Sweden.

β€’ I paid commission to exchange my US dollars to Swedish krone! Foreign currency is actually not craved for here like we do in Africa

β€’ Everyone is helpful, nice & kind. Can give up their food for you. Their social welfare system is the best in the world.

β€’ It's a totally cashless economy here. Yes, you actually dont need a paper money. Everything is digitalized including buying anything!

β€’ Everyone works. The bills are crazy so any krones is needed. The Swedes are naturally, big, brawny, smart and strong. So working hard is never a problem.

* Work resumes by 10 am here due to weather changes. I mean formal jobs, not non skilled jobs.

β€’ During summer, the sun doesn't go down. Meaning, there's no night. You can get sick due to body adopting these time changes. My first night i Stockholm, i slept around 1am without knowing its that late.

β€’ Its really stable here. Count your self lucky like me if you have access to Sweden, it takes a lot to get their papers! Their paper can straighten out some shits in your life. I am a testimony.

β€’ Stockholm is an idea City to raise up a child as everything is cool, lovely and good! World class primary & secondary schooling FREE.

β€’ Crime rate is really low. Yahoo, fraud or other social vices can not work here. You will be caught easily as there are traits to everything you do

β€’ Swedes are normally thieves, they are the original Vikings or sea faring thieves of past, so to curb that natural trait to steal, the government has done a lot to ensure everything can be tranced, this gave rise to a cashless, contactless economy that has proved to very efficient! In order words, it has made the Swedes to be law abiding because off what use is it to steal when you know you will be caught? Well, their prison is better than most average homes in Africa!

β€’ Transportation is relatively fixed. For 3.9$ (39SEK) you can get a ride on the bullet train to anywhere in Stockholm for 75minutes. No other fee applies.

β€’ Beside Rent, food, anyone can survive in Stockholm without much of a deal! With a Salary of $3000 per month, you'd live like a king! Especially if you work remotely!

β€’ You don't really need public transport/a car to move around city, except you are hopping from one island to another. A scooter or bicycle would be more helpful!

β€’ Swedes are Innovative, they have customized bicycles to various roles in the house, or work.

β€’ I prefer living in Stockholm than anywhere in USA or Canada.

β€’ The gap between rich and poor is low compared to France or UK. Here the richest man might be that fellow riding an electric scooter, or drinking low beer with you in the pub.

β€’ Most houses in Stockholm do not have physical keys... They use codes type into the door to open. So if you have no business there, you gat no reason

β€’ Almost everyone drives a bicycle, or scooter to move from one place to another.

β€’ Sweden is really expensive to live in, but has one of the highest quality of life you can imagine.

β€’ Everyone drink tap water. It's squeaky clean & safe. pH value is almost 7.0 on the dot!

β€’ I met several Nigerians, most of them left Italy to reside here. They're always preferred before other African nationalities.

β€’ Nigerians here, as in Kigali keep the law.
Is prostitution thriving there?

Lemme alert my girl JennyClay to relocate.

Italy is not paying well anymore πŸ˜’
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by mmsen: 8:16pm On Jul 20, 2023
Wait until you find out about Swedish winters. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by BigDawsNet: 8:20pm On Jul 20, 2023
grandstar:

Any opportunities in the US? Just wondering

Millions of opportunities are available in the US..
If you lucky to get the Visa.. Congratulations to you and your generation bro

6 Likes

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by onuman: 8:23pm On Jul 20, 2023
Ohizman73:

https://www.nairaland.com/4992179/experience-when-moved-sweden

This is just one other person's experience in Sweden copied from Quora website.
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by multibalotel: 8:30pm On Jul 20, 2023
Gerrard59:

Anytime I read the bold from Africans, esp Nigerians, I shake my head. People who trade in tribalism used it to flog other people who went to vote, exterminate communities because the indigenes are of a different ethnic group, and many more are suddenly worried about racism. Racism is way worse than tribalism because you both are of the same race aka share the same skin colour. The annoying thing about the tribalism is the privation bedevilling both people. People wey poverty don nack their head pass talking drum dey carry tribalism for head like gala. A South Korean and Japanese might have issues because of their histories, but both persons are citizens of rich countries. Somewhere in Africa, two people go get problem even if their ethnic groups never had one historically, but these people are both poor. Most of them inhale generator fumes for a living. Others don turn camel because of fuel at N700. Tomorrow, they want to japa and are bothered about racism.

Nansense!

As always, better to reside with racists in a prosperous land than live with tribalists in the world's poverty capital. If you must discriminate against others, ensure you're prosperous at global levels.
too much sense dey worry you ..thumbs up!!!
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by Blackdisciple(m): 8:31pm On Jul 20, 2023
Nice one but I want to ask about one thing if that the sex competition is still available as a Nigerian will you opt to it to earn more ??grin grin

1 Like

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by ATTAH012(m): 8:32pm On Jul 20, 2023
Yea,, when u have a good leader,,, in a particular country,,, u expect a good result....
Bt when u have a bad leader,,, u expect a bad Governance.
E.g
Nigeria my Country.
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by elevated2: 8:43pm On Jul 20, 2023
CalmTravels:
Things I found out in Sweden.

β€’ I paid commission to exchange my US dollars to Swedish krone! Foreign currency is actually not craved for here like we do in Africa

β€’ Everyone is helpful, nice & kind. Can give up their food for you. Their social welfare system is the best in the world.

β€’ It's a totally cashless economy here. Yes, you actually dont need a paper money. Everything is digitalized including buying anything!

β€’ Everyone works. The bills are crazy so any krones is needed. The Swedes are naturally, big, brawny, smart and strong. So working hard is never a problem.

* Work resumes by 10 am here due to weather changes. I mean formal jobs, not non skilled jobs.

β€’ During summer, the sun doesn't go down. Meaning, there's no night. You can get sick due to body adopting these time changes. My first night i Stockholm, i slept around 1am without knowing its that late.

β€’ Its really stable here. Count your self lucky like me if you have access to Sweden, it takes a lot to get their papers! Their paper can straighten out some shits in your life. I am a testimony.

β€’ Stockholm is an idea City to raise up a child as everything is cool, lovely and good! World class primary & secondary schooling FREE.

β€’ Crime rate is really low. Yahoo, fraud or other social vices can not work here. You will be caught easily as there are traits to everything you do

β€’ Swedes are normally thieves, they are the original Vikings or sea faring thieves of past, so to curb that natural trait to steal, the government has done a lot to ensure everything can be tranced, this gave rise to a cashless, contactless economy that has proved to very efficient! In order words, it has made the Swedes to be law abiding because off what use is it to steal when you know you will be caught? Well, their prison is better than most average homes in Africa!

β€’ Transportation is relatively fixed. For 3.9$ (39SEK) you can get a ride on the bullet train to anywhere in Stockholm for 75minutes. No other fee applies.

β€’ Beside Rent, food, anyone can survive in Stockholm without much of a deal! With a Salary of $3000 per month, you'd live like a king! Especially if you work remotely!

β€’ You don't really need public transport/a car to move around city, except you are hopping from one island to another. A scooter or bicycle would be more helpful!

β€’ Swedes are Innovative, they have customized bicycles to various roles in the house, or work.

β€’ I prefer living in Stockholm than anywhere in USA or Canada.

β€’ The gap between rich and poor is low compared to France or UK. Here the richest man might be that fellow riding an electric scooter, or drinking low beer with you in the pub.

β€’ Most houses in Stockholm do not have physical keys... They use codes type into the door to open. So if you have no business there, you gat no reason

β€’ Almost everyone drives a bicycle, or scooter to move from one place to another.

β€’ Sweden is really expensive to live in, but has one of the highest quality of life you can imagine.

β€’ Everyone drink tap water. It's squeaky clean & safe. pH value is almost 7.0 on the dot!

β€’ I met several Nigerians, most of them left Italy to reside here. They're always preferred before other African nationalities.

β€’ Nigerians here, as in Kigali keep the law.
Swedes aren't thieves. Maybe centuries back. Are you still in MalmΓΆ?
Good job with this thread.
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by Brainy007: 8:45pm On Jul 20, 2023
Gerrard59:

Anytime I read the bold from Africans, esp Nigerians, I shake my head. People who trade in tribalism used it to flog other people who went to vote, exterminate communities because the indigenes are of a different ethnic group, and many more are suddenly worried about racism. Racism is way worse than tribalism because you both are of the same race aka share the same skin colour. The annoying thing about the tribalism is the privation bedevilling both people. People wey poverty don nack their head pass talking drum dey carry tribalism for head like gala. A South Korean and Japanese might have issues because of their histories, but both persons are citizens of rich countries. Somewhere in Africa, two people go get problem even if their ethnic groups never had one historically, but these people are both poor. Most of them inhale generator fumes for a living. Others don turn camel because of fuel at N700. Tomorrow, they want to japa and are bothered about racism.

Nansense!

As always, better to reside with racists in a prosperous land than live with tribalists in the world's poverty capital. If you must discriminate against others, ensure you're prosperous at global levels.
Una don carry una werey reach here again.

1 Like

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by fayomim: 8:50pm On Jul 20, 2023
tyup:

You can't go thr study route easily cuz you're not smart bro, ya a dummy

I will just act as if I didn't see this..

Don't be stupid next time

1 Like

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by Dexy4yah(m): 8:52pm On Jul 20, 2023
tyup:

Make no mistakes, Obi would have just tried but nothing would have changed until there's a bloody revolution against existing politicians or a regional system of rule
Exactly, you have said it all
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by cezarman(m): 8:57pm On Jul 20, 2023
9japride:
[/color][color=#006600]

Don't let beautiful pictures and stories fool you. Sweden is not that nice to foreigners.

Lol... At least they won't dish the kind of hatred we Nigerians show each other here daily tongue

3 Likes

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by advanceDNA: 9:00pm On Jul 20, 2023
Astra101:

Can one get a nice girlfriend easily?

Haaa

1 Like

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by Respect55(m): 9:02pm On Jul 20, 2023
No matter how bad life is treating you here in naija, please don't go to Cyprus πŸ‡¨πŸ‡Ύ. Just don't. Don't try it. Never try it.

3 Likes

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by 00FFT00(m): 9:02pm On Jul 20, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

I went to look and this is only possible through marriage. Do German ladies easily do contract marriage with African men? If it's that straightforward why are people still claiming asylum and without papers for years?

Nigeria is a hard terrain as it is, but some people are genuinely and daily making bank, while others cry hunger. It's all about you. Also, is it my understanding that all you see German ladies good for, are to be used for papers?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Before Applying Or Coming To The Uk For Studies: Beware Of This / The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom / Pictures From Owerri Bicycle Street Ride (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.