Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,527 members, 7,823,296 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Things I Found Out About Sweden! - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Things I Found Out About Sweden! (85491 Views)

Ikenna Nweke: I Declined 10% Of Money I Found In Japan / My Experience When I Moved To Sweden! / Do You Know Anything About Sweden Pls Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by Astra101: 7:50am On Jul 21, 2023
Innobee99:
One sure reason God doesn't grant some prayers and request is because of the dirty motives that first comes to our mind when he finally gives us such opportunity.

Ohhhh so you see travelling to other countries and beautiful places as God's answering prayer? See reasoning! Your type will abandon church if you see a million buck.

And for your info, I don't pray to travel to any destination, I'm not in that level, I'm not your type that gives testimonies for going to a white man country. Let that sink.
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by saintruky(m): 9:01am On Jul 21, 2023
CalmTravels:
IT skills best suits a cashless & contactless economy which is what the Swedish economy is..... Asking what IT Skills entails means you are not in the IT Sector.

I simply meant for you to advise IT skills to acquire that's in hot demand over there
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by GingerbreadMen(m): 9:09am On Jul 21, 2023
Gerrard59:

Well, no Swede has entered a Norwegian village to slaughter more than 500 farmers. Yen yen yen, they are not nice to foreigners. Una dey nice to una selves? undecided
Actually that used to happen but it's so long ago
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by SpicyMimi(f): 9:23am On Jul 21, 2023
CalmTravels:
Well, i do not live in the UK, but if getting a cleaner job or doing some other meagre job is what you mean......give it to the UK......Valkomen!!! As a test, though, if you have a friend in Stockholm, Dresden & London, kindly put them to a test, ask them to send you money no matter how like. I tell you, both Dresden & Stockholm will come through, while London will tell tales....lol. This i guess should tell you all you need to know. Danke

Lol you obviously know nothing about U.K and you are here concluding. I live in the U.K, I don’t know anyone doing cleaning job and I know many many Nigerians. Most people are working as customer service agents and they work from home. Almost everyone that I know got a car, nice lovely cars within 2 months of relocation, the currency is stronger than Eur and life is far far better than what you wished!
London is expensive, but other cities are extremely cheap! Many people have also been able to buy a house!

1 Like

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by SpicyMimi(f): 9:33am On Jul 21, 2023
CalmTravels:
Read to comprehend, do not be combative all the time.... Is the UK/France/Greece/Italy not in a pitiable condition? Call anyone who live there, they will tell you their story. Europe is not Africa where Govt hide sensitive economic data. I am telling you where you stand a fair chance of actually making real, standard income quickly. Most bank managers that sold everything they had, flew to London are cleaners today. Do you call that well planned migration?

I have no issue with anyone going where their heart pleases, but get proper information else, it might end with nights of crying & regrets!

And your conclusions are based on hearsay’s right ? Or what you chose to believe?

You keep saying “London”, pls it’s that the only city in U.K? Like do you realise the U.K consists of England, Scotland, Wales and Norther Ireland? Do you know how cheap life is in other cities ? Have you lived here before ? You have no evidence whatsoever to back your claims up.
London is very expensive, it is a tourist city and it’s same in all cities all over the world. Lagos in Nigeria is very expensive and this is simple economics.

5 Likes

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by ferhyntorlah(f): 9:46am On Jul 21, 2023
Ganjafama:
One of the ABBA ladies (the one with dark hair) is Norwegian.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by femijay8271(m): 9:54am On Jul 21, 2023
SpicyMimi:

And your conclusions are based on hearsay’s right ? Or what you chose to believe?

You keep saying “London”, pls it’s that the only city in U.K? Like do you realise the U.K consists of England, Scotland, Wales and Norther Ireland? Do you know how cheap life is in other cities ? Have you lived here before ? You have no evidence whatsoever to back your claims up.
London is very expensive, it is a tourist city and it’s same in all cities all over the world. Lagos in Nigeria is very expensive and this is simple economics.

Hello SpicyMimi, please I have some questions to ask you
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by Winters23: 10:09am On Jul 21, 2023
CalmTravels:
Things I found out in Sweden.

• I paid commission to exchange my US dollars to Swedish krone! Foreign currency is actually not craved for here like we do in Africa

• Everyone is helpful, nice & kind. Can give up their food for you. Their social welfare system is the best in the world.

• It's a totally cashless economy here. Yes, you actually dont need a paper money. Everything is digitalized including buying anything!

• Everyone works. The bills are crazy so any krones is needed. The Swedes are naturally, big, brawny, smart and strong. So working hard is never a problem.

* Work resumes by 10 am here due to weather changes. I mean formal jobs, not non skilled jobs.

• During summer, the sun doesn't go down. Meaning, there's no night. You can get sick due to body adopting these time changes. My first night i Stockholm, i slept around 1am without knowing its that late.

• Its really stable here. Count your self lucky like me if you have access to Sweden, it takes a lot to get their papers! Their paper can straighten out some shits in your life. I am a testimony.

• Stockholm is an idea City to raise up a child as everything is cool, lovely and good! World class primary & secondary schooling FREE.

• Crime rate is really low. Yahoo, fraud or other social vices can not work here. You will be caught easily as there are traits to everything you do

• Swedes are normally thieves, they are the original Vikings or sea faring thieves of past, so to curb that natural trait to steal, the government has done a lot to ensure everything can be tranced, this gave rise to a cashless, contactless economy that has proved to very efficient! In order words, it has made the Swedes to be law abiding because off what use is it to steal when you know you will be caught? Well, their prison is better than most average homes in Africa!

• Transportation is relatively fixed. For 3.9$ (39SEK) you can get a ride on the bullet train to anywhere in Stockholm for 75minutes. No other fee applies.

• Beside Rent, food, anyone can survive in Stockholm without much of a deal! With a Salary of $3000 per month, you'd live like a king! Especially if you work remotely!

• You don't really need public transport/a car to move around city, except you are hopping from one island to another. A scooter or bicycle would be more helpful!

• Swedes are Innovative, they have customized bicycles to various roles in the house, or work.

• I prefer living in Stockholm than anywhere in USA or Canada.

• The gap between rich and poor is low compared to France or UK. Here the richest man might be that fellow riding an electric scooter, or drinking low beer with you in the pub.

• Most houses in Stockholm do not have physical keys... They use codes type into the door to open. So if you have no business there, you gat no reason

• Almost everyone drives a bicycle, or scooter to move from one place to another.

• Sweden is really expensive to live in, but has one of the highest quality of life you can imagine.

• Everyone drink tap water. It's squeaky clean & safe. pH value is almost 7.0 on the dot!

• I met several Nigerians, most of them left Italy to reside here. They're always preferred before other African nationalities.

• Nigerians here, as in Kigali keep the law.

You forgot to mention the gun violence, highest in Europe

2 Likes

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by SpicyMimi(f): 10:31am On Jul 21, 2023
femijay8271:

Hello SpicyMimi, please I have some questions to ask you
Hi Femi, that’s fine…
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by femijay8271(m): 10:50am On Jul 21, 2023
SpicyMimi:

Hi Femi, that’s fine…
Ok.... I saw what you wrote there about UK and I kinda like it.
Now my question is this, did u reside in UK now?
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by SpicyMimi(f): 11:48am On Jul 21, 2023
femijay8271:

Ok.... I saw what you wrote there about UK and I kinda like it.
Now my question is this, did u reside in UK now?
Yes I’m living in the U.K.
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by Innobee99(m): 12:57pm On Jul 21, 2023
Astra101:

Ohhhh so you see travelling to other countries and beautiful places as God's answering prayer? See reasoning! Your type will abandon church if you see a million buck.

And for your info, I don't pray to travel to any destination, I'm not in that level, I'm not your type that gives testimonies for going to a white man country. Let that sink.
How to go abroad and have girlfriend is ur problem? U have a long way bro
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by Innobee99(m): 1:01pm On Jul 21, 2023
Astra101:

How to go abroad and have girlfriend and clubbing is ur problem? U have a long way bro
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by femijay8271(m): 1:33pm On Jul 21, 2023
SpicyMimi:

Yes I’m living in the U.K.

Okay, I know there's alot of threads concerning this questions I wanna ask but I really want one on one convo.

You remember you talked about jobs and all that with the other guy.... I wanna come tru that route, any job u know... I don't care, just any job, that's all.

By the grace of God Almighty, money isn't a problem here but just a step by step from someone based there on how to go about it.

Sincerely that's what I want from you, and I believe you can offer a lil help with the way you challenge the other fella.
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by SpicyMimi(f): 1:57pm On Jul 21, 2023
femijay8271:

Okay, I know there's alot of threads concerning this questions I wanna ask but I really want one on one convo.

You remember you talked about jobs and all that with the other guy.... I wanna come tru that route, any job u know... I don't care, just any job, that's all.

By the grace of God Almighty, money isn't a problem here but just a step by step from someone based there on how to go about it.

Sincerely that's what I want from you, and I believe you can offer a lil help with the way you challenge the other fella.
Hi, oh I understand.

If you planned to come through work visa, that’d be a skilled job and jobs that are currently on shortage like the care giver, nurse, doctor etc Many people are coming in through caregiver route and there is a thread on NL that can give you the step by step guide on how to apply. I’ll search for the thread and add it to this comment.

https://www.nairaland.com/6748312/uk-skilled-worker-visa-health
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by femijay8271(m): 2:16pm On Jul 21, 2023
SpicyMimi:

Hi, oh I understand.

If you planned to come through work visa, that’d be a skilled job and jobs that are currently on shortage like the care giver, nurse, doctor etc Many people are coming in through caregiver route and there is a thread on NL that can give you the step by step guide on how to apply. I’ll search for the thread and add it to this comment.

Thank you.

I just noticed who u are

1 Like

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by femijay8271(m): 2:19pm On Jul 21, 2023
SpicyMimi:

Hi, oh I understand.

Don't worry, I have seen a secured one for me and my family. thanks for your time.

1 Like

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 2:31pm On Jul 21, 2023
Yesterday a brother suggest i try Willys rather than Coop for my shopping. I heed the advice..... see what i bought for $47....
* 2 kg of rice.
* A kg of avocado
* A kg of onion
* A kg of fresh tomatoes
* A liter of Rapseed oil for frying chicken & sauce
* A pack of chicken wings
* four liters of different fruit drinks
* A liter of greek yoghurt
* A liter of turkish yoghurt
* A pack of curry, tyme, pepper

Usually, these things would last me for two weeks plus. All i need to do is ocassionally buy bread to make a sandwich for late night dinner! With experience 100$ is enough to eat well for a month.....that's three times a day!

I like fruits... so i used additional 20 USD (200SEK) to buy fruits.
Why i love the developed world, even farmers get to enjoy the standard of living as their goods are well priced for them too!

3 Likes

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 2:32pm On Jul 21, 2023
Plus four apples, a liter of fresh milk & Bell pepper.... Before, it should cost like $39 but because of the Russian war in Ukraine, things are priced more, but nothing compared to UK oooh

1 Like

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 2:42pm On Jul 21, 2023
I beg you stay away from their girls. I will rather you get involved with police for petty crimes like stealing food....lol, (not that i encourage stealing, but you can explain that and "might attract some sympathy) rather than a girl call police for you. Me, i dey form boys ONLY for here. If are a babe, i try not to even share number with you. Only guys. European ladies, their mode can go from 100 -0 in a twinkle of an eye!

Even our black girls are copying them, so let konji finish them too lol.

Innobee99:
How to go abroad and have girlfriend is ur problem? U have a long way bro
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 2:48pm On Jul 21, 2023
The Swedes also have nationalistic people too. These ones actually target muslims, or immigrants from muslim majority countries. Like i said earlier on, how can you run from Iraq, leave Saudi Arabia, Dubai, Oman, even Turkey, come enter Sweden and wetin dey hungry you na Sharia? I laugh in Swedish...... Recently, the Swedish Govt granted an Iraqi female migrant the right to protest in from of a mosque & burn the koran. No body make pimmmm. Try that in France, Eiffel Tower would be burnt to the ground!

Their society is well planned. They seeking immigrants disrupt their peaceful society where everyone is happy!

Winters23:

You forgot to mention the gun violence, highest in Europe

3 Likes

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 2:55pm On Jul 21, 2023
Tax is very high..... Around 25% for some services, but not below 10% for others

ferhyntorlah:

Nice analysis.

What about tax? You pay tax on top your business profit, right?

1 Like

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 2:58pm On Jul 21, 2023
Their education system is choked. Indians, Africans, other Europeans are rushing down here. It used to be tuition free plus other attractive goodies, but now, they are tough with it.

MrAbufayed:

What about the education system there, I'm considering doing medicine and surgery as a second course while I work....e go work

2 Likes

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 3:01pm On Jul 21, 2023
Coming with family could be a bit overwhelming, however if you get a Tech Job, or a Company with a Branch here sends you over, it comes with papers that can aid your family to move down here within as little as 2 months of arriving!

motionarena:

Please whats the best way to move over to sweden with my family

2 Likes

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 3:10pm On Jul 21, 2023
No they don't have that sort of travel scheme like Canada. The jobs i feel you can easily get outside Tech now have a tougher regulations, that is employers MUST advertise the job in EU/EEA for 10 days before employing a non EU/EEA resident.

Before it was not so...... So if say an employer advertise that job, someone in Romania can apply, and would be consider before you living in Africa. That is why African people resident in Italy, France are rushing down here. They just hop on a train, voila, they are in Sweden. But if nobody accept the job within 10 days, they start accepting CV from other parts...... We are working with some Swedish partners in the AGRICULTURE Sector to make harder, more power demanding jobs available for Africans, especially during winter season..... Winter is harsh, tough here, also the pay is good too. I trust Nigerians would like. Just keep following the thread. For now only those in the IT sector can

extremelygolden:

Hi CalmTravels. I love your narration about Sweden and I am already ogling to move over there cheesy.

Please I will like to know if they have Permanent Residence scheme like Canada.
How easy is it to get their visa, and what's the relative Job opportunities they have? Like, I will like to know how easy to get a job when one arrives.
And lastly, how much altogether is required to relocate from Nigeria to Sweden as a single lady?

Thank you.
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by extremelygolden: 3:13pm On Jul 21, 2023
CalmTravels:
No they don't have that sort of travel scheme like Canada. The jobs i feel you can easily get outside Tech now have a tougher regulations, that is employers MUST advertise the job in EU/EEA for 10 days before employing a non EU/EEA resident.

Before it was not so...... So if say an employer advertise that job, someone in Romania can apply, and would be consider before you living in Africa. That is why African people resident in Italy, France are rushing down here. They just hop on a train, voila, they are in Sweden. But if nobody accept the job within 10 days, they start accepting CV from other parts...... We are working with some Swedish partners in the AGRICULTURE Sector to make harder, more power demanding jobs available for Africans, especially during winter season..... Winter is harsh, tough here, also the pay is good too. I trust Nigerians would like. Just keep following the thread. For now only those in the IT sector can

Ok then. Thank you.

I will sure follow this thread bumper to bumper.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 3:24pm On Jul 21, 2023
Well said. You really understand it out here!

JohnBullMySon:
If course, and not just Sweden, all Nordic countries are much better than the US in that regard, infact you can as well add the Germanic countries as well.

The downside is that you can't get really rich due to social and cultural factors.

US, UK is for the ambitious while those countries are for those who desire a quiet and high quality of life.
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 3:32pm On Jul 21, 2023
Drop enquiries here so others can learn too. Once we are done with a sure process for what works for people in sectors other than IT, we can create room for private enquiries.

The top skills were recently posted

[quote author=etzskillz post=124545019][/quote]
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 3:39pm On Jul 21, 2023
Long dark winters.... high tax...... Paper are hard these days because they dont want their system to crumble like in France. Everyone must not live in city center Stockholm....if you have papers, you automatically get healthcare, one of the most accessible among developed countries.
why integrate when you gat to go home some day? Why drink at home? Go to pub, and drink to stupor. Censor on alcoholic drinks means less crime fueled by drinks! Yes, there are obstacles for jobs, especially from Muslim background immigrants

olaraymonds:
Bad things about living in Sweden

Long and Dark Winter Months.
High Taxes and Cost of Living.
Challenges in Integrating into Swedish Society.
Work Permit Acquisition and Renewal Delays.
Housing Shortage.
Access to Healthcare.
Job Search Obstacles for Foreigners.
Government-controlled Alcohol Stores.
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 3:42pm On Jul 21, 2023
Was at Gustav yesterday....still one of the best places for good pictures. Having lunch with a friend there on Sunday near the waterfront.

Squillionaire:

Walking through Stockholm is a delight, especially the walk from Gamla Stan to skeppsholmen, along the waterfront all the way to the Royal Institute of Art.

1 Like

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by MrAbufayed: 3:59pm On Jul 21, 2023
CalmTravels:
Their education system is choked. Indians, Africans, other Europeans are rushing down here. It used to be tuition free plus other attractive goodies, but now, they are tough with it.

Thanks man

1 Like

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by ferhyntorlah(f): 4:18pm On Jul 21, 2023
CalmTravels:
Tax is very high..... Around 25% for some services, but not below 10% for others

Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply)

The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom / Before Applying Or Coming To The Uk For Studies: Beware Of This / Pictures From Owerri Bicycle Street Ride (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.