Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,053 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:15 AM

See The Definition Of Marriage A Student Gave That Is Trending Online. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See The Definition Of Marriage A Student Gave That Is Trending Online. (4169 Views)

Chaos In Lautech As Graduating Student Gave Up To Ghost (photos, Video) / The Hilarious Answer A Student Gave To A Test Question (photos) / 46 Students Fainted While 1 Student Gave Up The Ghost At UNILOBAR CBT CENTRE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Definition Of Marriage A Student Gave That Is Trending Online. by Jewessgratitud3: 1:30pm On Jul 19, 2023
A students definition of marriage and the teachers reaction has been trending online and people are saying the girl tried.

For me though, I think the girl deserves the zero she got because what she explained was obviously not according to the context of that topic. Some students like going outside the context to give answers based on what they think because they either didn't pay attention in class or studied for the exams.

She really deserves the zero and even lesser than that.

1 Like

Re: See The Definition Of Marriage A Student Gave That Is Trending Online. by Slynation(m): 1:34pm On Jul 19, 2023
The person who wrote this is above 20years, but let's leave the conversation for another time...

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Definition Of Marriage A Student Gave That Is Trending Online. by Jewessgratitud3: 1:40pm On Jul 19, 2023
Slynation:
The person who wrote this is above 20years, but let's leave the conversation for another time...

How? Why?

You think a pry pupil can't write this?

Look, I'm an educator and I come across things like this all the time. These pry pupils know more than you think.

A basic four pupil said something that shocked the proprietress and she told me when I came. She said a parent came with her baby. So she was breastfeeding the baby at the reception when this boy walked past. He went to his class and told his friends that he feels like sucking the womans breast!. Somehow it got to the proprietress as they were discussing it. she asked him and the boy confessed to it.

Forget, they can write and say rubbish. All these children. Hm

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Definition Of Marriage A Student Gave That Is Trending Online. by Timoleon(m): 1:48pm On Jul 19, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
A students definition of marriage and the teachers reaction has been trending online and people are saying the girl tried.

For me though, I think the girl deserves the zero she got because what she explained was obviously not according to the context of that topic. Some students like going outside the context to give answers based on what they think because they either didn't pay attention in class or studied for the exams.

I think the writer just has an articulation problem. The answer there actually contains the basic notion of marriage for social studies at that level which is the union of man and woman to form a family with their own children.

The kid basically answered from his/her personal experience either an older one at home pressured to get married or countless instances from our home movies where the parents push their adult children to go get married.

Also, the idea of doing nonsense to make children could stem from the innocence of the person answering. Where sex is considered as doing ‘nonsense’. Yoruba people call it ‘isekuse’.

While for strictly academic purposes, the teacher might not see the correctness of the answer, I think the student has an independently intelligent mind.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: See The Definition Of Marriage A Student Gave That Is Trending Online. by illicit(m): 1:58pm On Jul 19, 2023
That handwriting is that of an adult

9 Likes

Re: See The Definition Of Marriage A Student Gave That Is Trending Online. by Candidlady: 1:59pm On Jul 19, 2023
angry
Re: See The Definition Of Marriage A Student Gave That Is Trending Online. by LikeAking: 2:05pm On Jul 19, 2023
Real comedy.
Re: See The Definition Of Marriage A Student Gave That Is Trending Online. by Jewessgratitud3: 2:18pm On Jul 19, 2023
Timoleon:

I think the writer just has an articulation problem. The answer there actually contains the basic notion of marriage for social studies at that level which is the union of man and woman to form a family with their own children.

The kid basically answered from his/her personal experience either an older one at home pressured to get married or countless instances from our home movies where the parents push their adult children to go get married.

Also, the idea of doing nonsense to make children could stem from the innocence of the person answering. Where sex is considered as doing ‘nonsense’. Yoruba people call it ‘isekuse’.

While for strictly academic purposes, the teacher might not see the correctness of the answer, I think the student has an independently intelligent mind.

The way she put is still not right because I believe she must have been taught this topic and the best way to answer without telling stories. As an instructor, I do tell my students whenever they are answering questions to quit from telling stories. I then go ahead to guide them on how to give straight forward and concise answers which I believe every teacher does. Just simplify the definition for them and this will make them earn more marks.

I had this issue with my basic two pupils this terms exams.

I taught them digraphs and the full definition ( that came with the test book) says, a digraph is two letters standing together to make one sound. I noticed it was too long for some of them so I simplified it by saying, "a digraph is two letters with one sound " making it a lot easier for every category of learner.

Now, some schools where I forgot to use that simple definition failed woefully because the original definition was too long for them that by the time they finish, they'll forget some parts or add words that shouldn't be there and there'll be a lot of errors. So, instead of her telling stories, she should have stuck with the main points and made it more concise.

4 Likes

Re: See The Definition Of Marriage A Student Gave That Is Trending Online. by crossfm: 2:39pm On Jul 19, 2023
Why does the handwriting of the teacher and that of the student look the same?.

Take a proper look at his n and e,you will understand what am saying.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Definition Of Marriage A Student Gave That Is Trending Online. by Jewessgratitud3: 2:53pm On Jul 19, 2023
crossfm:
Why does the handwriting of the teacher and that of the student look the same?.

Take a proper look at his n and e,you will understand what am saying.

I don't see any regularities between both handwriting. I don't know why you think a teacher will have the time this period of examination to write rubbish and be scoring herself zero.

I'm a teacher so I can relate with everything here. This sessions promotional exam was something else that at a point I felt like crying while marking because after all the effort and time spent teaching these children and doing revision, they still performed below expectation. To think the questions were simple.

Parents should encourage their children to read their books from time to time and not playing all through, especially this long hols. The reading culture is so poor.

2 Likes

Re: See The Definition Of Marriage A Student Gave That Is Trending Online. by CJStarz: 3:02pm On Jul 19, 2023
You spoke my mind 🤣🤣

Slynation:

1 Like

Re: See The Definition Of Marriage A Student Gave That Is Trending Online. by CJStarz: 3:06pm On Jul 19, 2023
Nope, you're wrong! This answer was supposedly from a Basic 3 pupil and you very well know that no Basic 3 pupil can write so legibly with a Biro,for that's when they start using biro to write.

Jewessgratitud3:

How? Why?

Look, I'm an educator and I come across things like this all the time. These pry pupils know more than you think.

A basic four pupil said something that shocked the proprietress and she told me when I came. She said a parent came with her baby. So she was breastfeeding the baby at the reception when this boy walked past. He went to his class and told his friends that he feels like sucking the womans breast!. Somehow it got to the proprietress as they were discussing it and she asked him, the boy confessed to it.

1 Like

Re: See The Definition Of Marriage A Student Gave That Is Trending Online. by Jewessgratitud3: 3:07pm On Jul 19, 2023
CJStarz:
Nope, you're wrong! This answer was supposedly from a Basic 3 pupil and you very well know that no Basic 3 pupil can write so legibly with a Biro,for that's when they start using biro to write.

I wish I can show you some of my basic 3 pupils writing, you'll be amazed.

1 Like

Re: See The Definition Of Marriage A Student Gave That Is Trending Online. by CJStarz: 3:09pm On Jul 19, 2023
Wow! Smart kids, they are. My hugs to them.❤️❤️

Jewessgratitud3:

I wish I can show you some of my basic 3 pupils writing, you'll be amazed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Definition Of Marriage A Student Gave That Is Trending Online. by Slynation(m): 3:17pm On Jul 19, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

How? Why?

A basic four pupil said something that shocked the proprietress and she told me when I came. She said a parent came with her baby. So she was breastfeeding the baby at the reception when this boy walked past. He went to his class and told his friends that he feels like sucking the womans breast!. Somehow it got to the proprietress as they were discussing it and she asked him, the boy confessed to it.

This our generation can do anything for to trend and likes, I know children can be amazing sometimes, but you see that line "start doing nonsense to have children..." forgetit...!! that's an adult slogan...

2 Likes

Re: See The Definition Of Marriage A Student Gave That Is Trending Online. by Jewessgratitud3: 3:25pm On Jul 19, 2023
Slynation:
This our generation can do anything for to trend and likes, I know children can be amazing sometimes, but you see that line "start doing nonsense to have children..." forgetit...!! that's an adult slogan...

You'll be shocked what these children know.

Recently I watched a video on Facebook of a little girl ( pry 2) telling the mom she told her classmate to tell his father that he's not his father because the boy doesn't look like the father. She said another boy now called her Ashawo. The Mom was now asking where they learnt the word Ashawo and if the girl knows the meaning. The little girl said she knows it and tried to explain but they cut that part. In the next clip, the girl still said it that Ashawo means when a man and a woman are ... But the mother used her voice to cover the girls voice

Let me look for the video and post the link here so you can watch. A pry 2 girl said this one.

Na we wey be teacher dey see all these things. Some parents know this but they cover it up so you don't look at their children somehow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Definition Of Marriage A Student Gave That Is Trending Online. by kingslj: 3:26pm On Jul 19, 2023
Slynation:

and you SHOULD have slap him/her for having a primary 3 pupil brain? do you know the person?
Re: See The Definition Of Marriage A Student Gave That Is Trending Online. by Slynation(m): 3:31pm On Jul 19, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

You'll be shocked what these children know.

Recently I watched a video on Facebook of a little girl ( pry 2) telling the mom she told her classmate to tell his father that he's not his father because the boy doesn't look like the father. She said another boy now called her Ashawo. The Mom was now asking where they learnt the word Ashawo and if the girl knows the meaning. The little girl said she knows it and tried to explain but they cut out that part. In the next clip, the girl still said it that Ashawo means when a man and a woman are ... But the mother used her voice to cover the girls voice

Let me look for the video and post the link here so you can watch. A pry 2 girl said this one.

Na we wey be teacher dey see all these things. Some parents know this but they cover it up so you don't look at their children somehow.
That is different tho, children are fast learners, but you see this handwriting...?? Forgetit, na my mate write am...😂

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Definition Of Marriage A Student Gave That Is Trending Online. by Jewessgratitud3: 3:34pm On Jul 19, 2023
Slynation:
That is different tho, children are fast learners, but you see this handwriting...?? Forgetit, na my mate write am...😂

Ok. If you feel so.
Re: See The Definition Of Marriage A Student Gave That Is Trending Online. by Slynation(m): 3:38pm On Jul 19, 2023
kingslj:

and you SHOULD have slap him/her for having a primary 3 pupil brain? do you know the person?
what if I told you my course mate back then once use his left hand to write something like this just to trend... it's all for sosho media and cruise nothing more!!

Now gwet the info...!! no teacher will ever ask his/her pupil "what is marriage" as take home question alone as assignment... it's the hand work of clout chasers!!
Re: See The Definition Of Marriage A Student Gave That Is Trending Online. by egopersonified(f): 3:42pm On Jul 19, 2023
Who marked it, also wrote it. Look at the writing of nonsense in red and in blue biro, it's same handwriting.

1 Like

Re: See The Definition Of Marriage A Student Gave That Is Trending Online. by DesChyko: 3:46pm On Jul 19, 2023
I can't help but notice the similarities between the e in Nons e nse and the e in the passage.

1 Like

Re: See The Definition Of Marriage A Student Gave That Is Trending Online. by BeardedmeatR(m): 3:56pm On Jul 19, 2023
Slynation:
Above 20yrs writing social studies exams?
Sly make you dey Ronu o

1 Like

Re: See The Definition Of Marriage A Student Gave That Is Trending Online. by Jewessgratitud3: 3:58pm On Jul 19, 2023
BeardedmeatR:
Above 20yrs writing social studies exams?
Sly make you dey Ronu o

I tired o.
Re: See The Definition Of Marriage A Student Gave That Is Trending Online. by BeardedmeatR(m): 3:59pm On Jul 19, 2023
Slynation:

Ok. I dey feel you now.

1 Like

Re: See The Definition Of Marriage A Student Gave That Is Trending Online. by ItooWorWor(m): 4:25pm On Jul 19, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

Best definition ever grin ,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Definition Of Marriage A Student Gave That Is Trending Online. by ItooWorWor(m): 4:29pm On Jul 19, 2023
Slynation:
The person who wrote this is above 20 years, but let's leave the conversation for another time...

Above 20? With that write-up. Haba grin
Re: See The Definition Of Marriage A Student Gave That Is Trending Online. by Benwallt(m): 4:34pm On Jul 19, 2023
Joblessness. No name, school. Be deceiving yourself

1 Like

Re: See The Definition Of Marriage A Student Gave That Is Trending Online. by crossfm: 4:38pm On Jul 19, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

I don't see any regularities between both handwriting. I don't know why you think a teacher will have the time this period of examination to write rubbish and be scoring herself zero.

I'm a teacher so I can relate with everything here. This sessions promotional exam was something else that at a point I felt like crying while marking because after all the effort and time spent teaching these children and doing revision, they still performed below expectation. To think the questions were simple.

Parents should encourage their children to read their books from time to time and not playing all through, especially this long hols. The reading culture is so poor.
I just made an observation, which might be wrong or right.

How are we sure the person is actually a teacher?.
It's also strange to be that you believe people won't have the time to do this. With the whole clout chasing and social media attention going on.

I do agree with you that some pupils perform below expectations and parents should assist them at home.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti Release Admission List / Indians Pledge To Build World-class Hospitals In Nigeria / Breaking: FG Scraps HND Merges Polythecnics With Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.