Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window (23204 Views)

Naira Falls To Record Low At I&E Window, Trades ₦‎993/$ / I&E Window Records $53.02m Turnover After CBN Lifts Forex Ban / Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by LAFOCUZY: 8:47pm On Jul 19, 2023
DomPerignon:
FG should begin recalling most of the currency in circulation printed from thin air by Emefile through this Forex window.

This how the FG can utilize the Forex to remove excess liquidity from circulation and drive down inflation.

The only people betting against the naira are Buhari looters who , without Emefile's protection, are now moving their loot through the Forex window .

No genuine business will bid so high for Forex in such a challenging economy. What do they want to import that they are desperate to bid so high for Forex?

In a few months, if the FG compels the CBN to withdraw all excess liquidity from funds raised through the FX open window bidding, the naira will regain to about 350-400 to a dollar.

False.

2 Likes

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by Aguogba(m): 9:22pm On Jul 19, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
It's over #820/$ in the black market.

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by richard69(m): 9:46pm On Jul 19, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
850 actually
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by IbeOkehie: 9:55pm On Jul 19, 2023
I just checked Black Market rate today, it's 840/$. The disparity PROVES that that the naira has NOT been floated, it was DEVALUED. Which means the government is still subsidizing forex. That's a policy that favors importation NOT production.

Good Luck to Nigerians!

4 Likes

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by omoluka: 10:24pm On Jul 19, 2023
2mch:
Banks are selling their dollar to BDC and the black market rate is much different. Why is Tinubu government not paying close attention to these banks? Buhari really brought in another type of corruption into this country by having two rates.
This is exactly what i wanted to write, CBN is not doing their job.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by Revolva(m): 10:30pm On Jul 19, 2023
Abeg all dese na lies

I bought 860 per dollar today from.abonki

2 Likes

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by BackFromBalablu: 11:36pm On Jul 19, 2023
i want to earn in dollars! cry

2 Likes

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by WHITELIGHTER: 11:46pm On Jul 19, 2023
Rayban25:
propaganda will not help nigeria.

party of failures wey never tire for image laundering.

I keep telling people this same thing...
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by FuckSilly: 1:01am On Jul 20, 2023
baralatie:

You guys are very funny!🤣🤣😂
What you produce to earn dollars or
What do you produce to negate imports
You don't even have solution on your billion dollar oil imports?
Shut up!
Nigeria produce and exports crude oil which is an essential commodity all over the world.
Every country in the world can not be producing technology and agriculture. E.g, what is Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and UAE producing?
DON'T LET OYINBO DECEIVE YOU WITH NONSENSE AND BULLSHÎT
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by blackjack21(m): 1:16am On Jul 20, 2023
XtraFortunes:
Bulaba and propaganda na 5 and 6 angry

Dollar N742?

Aboki dey say something different undecided

How much is Aboki rate, please?
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by Lordofalmajiri(f): 4:16am On Jul 20, 2023
blackjack21:

850 now

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by Lordofalmajiri(f): 4:16am On Jul 20, 2023
Revolva:
Abeg all dese na lies

I bought 860 per dollar today from.abonki
Lol
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by azpekuliar: 5:07am On Jul 20, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:

True. I sold USDT for at the rate of N842/USDT yesterday morning.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by azpekuliar: 5:20am On Jul 20, 2023
FuckSilly:

Shut up!
Nigeria produce and exports crude oil which is an essential commodity all over the world.
Every country in the world can not be producing technology and agriculture. E.g, what is Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and UAE producing?

Lol….

You are extracting crude oil from the ground (that you did not put there) and adding ZERO value to it before exporting and you say you are producing. What are you producing? Do you not see how lazy that sounds? You are not better than DR Congo sitting on almost half of all the world’s most precious minerals yet cannot develop. When one mineral becomes irrelevant due to evolving technology you will scour the deep earth again looking for the next one to sell to those who can add value to them and sell back to you in the form of high value products. That is why you are the poverty capital of the world.

We will see how essential that crude oil is to the world in another 20 years. On Adeola Odeku street in V.I there is an Electric Vehicle charging station now.

By the way your country does not have more proven crude oil reserves than Venezuela…

3 Likes

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by Globad(f): 5:34am On Jul 20, 2023
DomPerignon:
FG should begin recalling most of the currency in circulation printed from thin air by Emefile through this Forex window.

This how the FG can utilize the Forex to remove excess liquidity from circulation and drive down inflation.

The only people betting against the naira are Buhari looters who , without Emefile's protection, are now moving their loot through the Forex window .

No genuine business will bid so high for Forex in such a challenging economy. What do they want to import that they are desperate to bid so high for Forex?

In a few months, if the FG compels the CBN to withdraw all excess liquidity from funds raised through the FX open window bidding, the naira will regain to about 350-400 to a dollar.

How should they withdraw the excess liquidity?
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by Traplord09: 5:55am On Jul 20, 2023
2mch:
Banks are selling their dollar to BDC and the black market rate is much different. Why is Tinubu government not paying close attention to these banks? Buhari really brought in another type of corruption into this country by having two rates.

Tinuubff 👂 🌽👂👂👂 da pain am
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by tollyboy5(m): 6:27am On Jul 20, 2023
The rate is at 790 from cbn website. But it seems banks are the major confusionist.
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by XtraFortunes: 7:06am On Jul 20, 2023
blackjack21:

N825/$
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by FuckSilly: 7:38am On Jul 20, 2023
azpekuliar:

Lol….

You are extracting crude oil from the ground (that you did not put there) and adding ZERO value to it before exporting and you say you are producing. What are you producing? Do you not see how lazy that sounds? You are not better than DR Congo sitting on almost half of all the world’s most precious minerals yet cannot develop. When one mineral becomes irrelevant due to evolving technology you will scout the deep earth again looking for the next one to sell to those who can add value to them and sell back to you in the form of high value products. That is why you are the poverty capital of the world.

We will see how essential that crude oil is to the world in another 20 years. On Adeola Odeku street in V.I there is an Electric Vehicle charging station now.

By the way your country does not have more crude oil reserves than Venezuela…
Ignoramus.
So why has Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and UAE developed with the same crude oil.
Kuwait dinar is the strongest in the world, but naira is trading at 800 naira to a dollar.
You also think everything about crude oil is petrol, kerosene and diesel, which is why you mentioned electric vehicle. I won't engage in an argument with an ignoramus. You know little or nothing about crude oil.
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by bjdon: 8:50am On Jul 20, 2023
It's economics 101 'Demand and Supply' Nigeria has high demand for FX becasue we import almost everything we consume, in addition to also needing FX for foriegn school fees and healthcare and refiend fuel products.
Meanwhile our supply of FX continues to dwindle due the fact that our oil exports remain constrained by criminal diversions and also infrastrucre issues. Nigeria does not produce anything close to our OPEC quota of oil.
Due to all this the Niara will continue to drift down, and inflation will continue to rise.
A SERIOUS govt would do the follwoing:
Declare a state of emergecny in the oil and gas sector. Intiate immediate trun around of the 4 refinairies, while arresting and trialing all those who have been responsable for the previous turnaround projects. Give a 12 month deadline for the 4 refinaires to be 100% operational. If Ukraine can keep it's refinairies working even after bombing from Russia, what excuse do we have
Secondily, establish a taskforce, headed by a young untainted officer, to monitor our crude production from the oil wells to the loading bays. Implement all relevant modern technology and best practices to be control and reduce oil pillfering and theft. Again this can all be up and running within 12 months.
These are the things a serious govt, that has the interests of the people at heart would do. Sadily we do not have such a govt, so the sufferinfg will continue.
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by bjdon: 8:55am On Jul 20, 2023
FuckSilly:

Ignoramus.
So why has Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and UAE developed with the same crude oil.
Kuwait dinar is the strongest in the world, but naira is trading at 800 naira to a dollar.
You also think everything about crude oil is petrol, kerosene and diesel, which is why you mentioned electric vehicle. I won't engage in an argument with an ignoramus. You know little or nothing about crude oil.
Saudi and other oil producing countries are doing fine, becasue they also refine their crude oil(As we used to do) We sell the raw crude oil and then import the refined products at a much more exspensive cost. it's like you eport a barrel of Crude for $70 and then import a barrel of refiend PMS for $120, you can see how that is monkey economics. We are actually LOOSING money in the oil trade. This is the main reason why the Naira is under preassure.
Please also note the only reason the country did not totally crash under Buhari is the man just kept borrowing to keep financing the deficit. Nigeira is effectivly broke, as it makes less than it spends
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by Dwightventures(m): 10:18am On Jul 20, 2023
baralatie:

You guys are very funny!🤣🤣😂
What you produce to earn dollars or
What do you produce to negate imports
You don't even have solution on your billion dollar oil imports?

As I always say: Nigeria deserves even worse than it is getting. A nation that can not understand this simple analogy you made does not deserve to survive
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by iammolise(m): 10:34am On Jul 20, 2023
Yahoo,Forex and crypto guys are like grin grin grin
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by baralatie(m): 10:53am On Jul 20, 2023
FuckSilly:

Shut up!
First of all ,it is baffling the extent of your gkaring ignorance of the issues at hand!
Let me even use those countries that you quoted..Saudi Arabia,Kuwait and uae?
Dude you were so glaringly ignorant that you placed UAE as an example?haa!
Okay! Let us use your analogy
Nigeria,Saudi Arabia,Kuwait and UAE are crude oil export country
Nigeria amongst the three is the only is the only refined oil products importing country.
TNigeria is the only one amongst the three with very poor external reserve in dollar terms

Dude you get serious problem you placed Nigeria in the same pot like Saudi Arabia.acountry that is generating $280 plus billions in export.
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by coleon(m): 11:40am On Jul 20, 2023
DomPerignon:

Normally I won't reply to ignorant posts like this but for sake that others will be infected with your brand of stupidity I must clarify certain issues you raised.

Firstly , this is the second time the naira has been allowed to float freely .

The first time was under IBB after the disaster known as Buhari had wrecked the economy .

Buhari hid under protectionism to hide the dwindling FX reserves which greeted his treason on our polity.

A simple check on FX reserves from CBN archives will show you a significant dip in FX holdings between December 1983 to January 1984.

As Buhari carried out his coup on our polity on behest of the then struggling Thatcher govt that was battling a recession, huge amounts of money was moved by Buhari to pay our creditors in London . This was a debt that was hanging from the senseless civil war which you guys instigated.

Shagari had insisted on debt rescheduling due to a slump in oil price and huge theft by the Obasanjo govt - notably, the missing oil money scandal by the Buhari headed NNPC.

Britain at this time was dead broke and was facing waves of coal and rail workers strike. This was when Baron Victor Rothschild as adviser to the Thatcher govt and head of MI6 instigated another coup in Nigeria. The first being your senseless coup of Jan 15, 1966 that turned Nigeria from zero debt to owing Jewish Banksters in London which Rothschild was a major creditor.

IBB was forced to float the naira in other to reopen the economy. The naira was fixed at #4 to a $1 and after its first trade closed at about #12. That's a whooping 300% devaluation and nothing compared to the current drop we are witnessing

By the time Abacha took over it was at above #20 to a dollar. Abacha will borrow some buharimonics for political reasons only and despite this, the naira was forced to crash to about #40 to a dollar on Obasanjo being sworn in. So between 1983 to 1999, the naira devalued by over 1000% despite all artificial attempts to prop it up through fixed pricing.

You must also understand that the naira is one of very few currencies that has never been traded internationally, thereby making it a non convertible currency outside it's soverign borders. You can only convert naira at Nigeria's land borders. Outside this, you will not see anyone willing to touch it.

You argument is based on continuing the failed system that only promotes a parallel market which insider traders are the only beneficiaries.

You know nothing.
See this mumu quoting history when I am telling you the reality on ground.
No history can save your ignorance and the ignoramus liking your post. The fundamentals about Naira devaluation now is basically a matter of demand and supply where the demand far outweigh the supply so any other irrelevant nonsense you have stated to sound knowledgeable is a waste of your time and data.
You cannot be telling someone in treasury what you know absolutely nothing about, you are just an ignoramus ode trying to sound woke for likes from ignoramus like you.
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by azpekuliar: 11:41am On Jul 20, 2023
iammolise:
Yahoo,Forex and crypto guys are like grin grin grin

We [Crypto] dey ball now ooo grin Tech guys too.

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by AUgucci: 4:37pm On Jul 20, 2023
How much aboki would buy dollar ,today?.
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by XAUBulls: 12:16am On Jul 21, 2023
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by XAUBulls: 12:41am On Jul 21, 2023
DomPerignon:

Normally I won't reply to ignorant posts like this but for sake that others will be infected with your brand of stupidity I must clarify certain issues you raised.

Firstly , this is the second time the naira has been allowed to float freely .

The first time was under IBB after the disaster known as Buhari had wrecked the economy .

Buhari hid under protectionism to hide the dwindling FX reserves which greeted his treason on our polity.

A simple check on FX reserves from CBN archives will show you a significant dip in FX holdings between December 1983 to January 1984.

As Buhari carried out his coup on our polity on behest of the then struggling Thatcher govt that was battling a recession, huge amounts of money was moved by Buhari to pay our creditors in London . This was a debt that was hanging from the senseless civil war which you guys instigated.

Shagari had insisted on debt rescheduling due to a slump in oil price and huge theft by the Obasanjo govt - notably, the missing oil money scandal by the Buhari headed NNPC.

Britain at this time was dead broke and was facing waves of coal and rail workers strike. This was when Baron Victor Rothschild as adviser to the Thatcher govt and head of MI6 instigated another coup in Nigeria. The first being your senseless coup of Jan 15, 1966 that turned Nigeria from zero debt to owing Jewish Banksters in London which Rothschild was a major creditor.

IBB was forced to float the naira in other to reopen the economy. The naira was fixed at #4 to a $1 and after its first trade closed at about #12. That's a whooping 300% devaluation and nothing compared to the current drop we are witnessing

By the time Abacha took over it was at above #20 to a dollar. Abacha will borrow some buharimonics for political reasons only and despite this, the naira was forced to crash to about #40 to a dollar on Obasanjo being sworn in. So between 1983 to 1999, the naira devalued by over 1000% despite all artificial attempts to prop it up through fixed pricing.

You must also understand that the naira is one of very few currencies that has never been traded internationally, thereby making it a non convertible currency outside it's soverign borders. You can only convert naira at Nigeria's land borders. Outside this, you will not see anyone willing to touch it.

You argument is based on continuing the failed system that only promotes a parallel market which insider traders are the only beneficiaries.

You know nothing.
Deep insights.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by XAUBulls: 12:47am On Jul 21, 2023
wealthyvic1:

Is moving to N1000.
Smart businessmen are Investing &
saving in dollars (USDT)
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by GreaterFuture(m): 10:29pm On Jul 22, 2023
Roger3D:
Yes I observed that the Naira gained about N18 Naira on the Euro today. It was N920.18 this morning but now it's N902.52 at closing. Let's hope for the best
Good day boss.
Bit of a late Quote here, but I believe that Gives opportunities right... But how does one Roundtrip this to make money, if you many chip in?

Also how often does this happen every day, if it's something you follow daily
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by Kobicove(m): 3:58pm On Jul 24, 2023
The Naira is taking serious beating sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Will A Large Supermarket Thrive In Nigeria? / AMCON Takes Over IBEDC / CBN Considers Ending Dollar Cash Sales To BDCs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.