Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,547 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window (23212 Views)

Naira Falls To Record Low At I&E Window, Trades ₦‎993/$ / I&E Window Records $53.02m Turnover After CBN Lifts Forex Ban / Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by wealthyvic1: 5:55pm On Jul 19, 2023
cjudy:
shocked
As at today, dollar is exchange at 851 keep playing
Is moving to N1000.
Smart businessmen are Investing &
saving in dollars (USDT)

2 Likes

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by Slydan204: 5:55pm On Jul 19, 2023
We dey here dey collect wotowoto, Dem dey thr dey talk obata...nonsense. God punish all those idiots
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by coleon(m): 6:01pm On Jul 19, 2023
DomPerignon:
FG should begin recalling most of the currency in circulation printed from thin air by Emefile through this Forex window.

This how the FG can utilize the Forex to remove excess liquidity from circulation and drive down inflation.

The only people betting against the naira are Buhari looters who , without Emefile's protection, are now moving their loot through the Forex window .

No genuine business will bid so high for Forex in such a challenging economy. What do they want to import that they are desperate to bid so high for Forex?

In a few months, if the FG compels the CBN to withdraw all excess liquidity from funds raised through the FX open window bidding, the naira will regain to about 350-400 to a dollar.
When I see comments like this that get likes I just know that most Nigerians are plain ignorant about the economy and how it works. What's making the exchange rate worse is not some money kept somewhere it's simply that there's no supply meanwhile demand is outrageous.
As at yesterday almost all Nigerian banks have billions of dollars of backlogs of matured fx obligations yet to be settled dating back to as far back as 2016.
Until all that backlog is cleared there's no hope for the naira in a floating regime. Even when the backlog is cleared there still won't be hope cos everyone has lost hope in naira and dollar supply will still not be adequate .

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by cjudy(m): 6:02pm On Jul 19, 2023
wealthyvic1:

Is moving to N1000.
Smart businessmen are Investing &
saving in dollars (USDT)
They don’t no.
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by Teenaira: 6:12pm On Jul 19, 2023
XtraFortunes:
Bulaba and propaganda na 5 and 6 angry

Dollar N742?

Aboki dey say something different undecided

The rates will fall naturally when the IPOB developers stop wasting our scare foreign money to import all manner of rubbish to Nigeria. Government should treat them as economic terrorist and treat them as such. Just go to any typical market in Nigeria and see all manner of imported rubbish being sold. God save Nigeria.
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by victory36(m): 6:14pm On Jul 19, 2023
DomPerignon:

Concentrate on your useless Biafra .

When we chase you away we will not have parasitic importers who demand for FX to import cheap crap at the expense of local producers .

you are not serious
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by streetfabulous: 6:18pm On Jul 19, 2023
Nothing to be excited about. I&E closed at =N=793.70 today. The market is still very volatile. It peaked at over =N=800 last week Friday. Until the supply side liquidity is addressed, any appreciation in NGN will be short lived and not worthy of news.

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by Cyoung4real(m): 6:18pm On Jul 19, 2023
DomPerignon:
FG should begin recalling most of the currency in circulation printed from thin air by Emefile through this Forex window.

This how the FG can utilize the Forex to remove excess liquidity from circulation and drive down inflation.

The only people betting against the naira are Buhari looters who , without Emefile's protection, are now moving their loot through the Forex window .

No genuine business will bid so high for Forex in such a challenging economy. What do they want to import that they are desperate to bid so high for Forex?

In a few months, if the FG compels the CBN to withdraw all excess liquidity from funds raised through the FX open window bidding, the naira will regain to about 350-400 to a dollar.

Lol, in your dreams. Something that’s is headed to 1k

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 19, 2023
Roger3D:
Yes I observed that the Naira gained about N18 Naira on the Euro today. It was N920.18 this morning but now it's N902.52 at closing. Let's hope for the best

Please what platform do you use for this verification ?
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by wirinet(m): 6:24pm On Jul 19, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:

i just type dollar to naira na 791 e show bro

That's not the current street value of dollars. I get the current minute by minute naira to dollar rate by checking the USDT to naira rate on binance. It always almost correspond to the street value.

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by wirinet(m): 6:25pm On Jul 19, 2023
Cyoung4real:

Gbam! You are very well informed.
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by DomPerignon: 6:30pm On Jul 19, 2023
coleon:

When I see comments like this that get likes I just know that most Nigerians are plain ignorant about the economy and how it works. What's making the exchange rate worse is not some money kept somewhere it's simply that there's no supply meanwhile demand is outrageous.
As at yesterday almost all Nigerian banks have billions of dollars of backlogs of matured fx obligations yet to be settled dating back to as far back as 2016.
Until all that backlog is cleared there's no hope for the naira in a floating regime. Even when the backlog is cleared there still won't be hope cos everyone has lost hope in naira and dollar supply will still not be adequate .

Normally I won't reply to ignorant posts like this but for sake that others will be infected with your brand of stupidity I must clarify certain issues you raised.

Firstly , this is the second time the naira has been allowed to float freely .

The first time was under IBB after the disaster known as Buhari had wrecked the economy .

Buhari hid under protectionism to hide the dwindling FX reserves which greeted his treason on our polity.

A simple check on FX reserves from CBN archives will show you a significant dip in FX holdings between December 1983 to January 1984.

As Buhari carried out his coup on our polity on behest of the then struggling Thatcher govt that was battling a recession, huge amounts of money was moved by Buhari to pay our creditors in London . This was a debt that was hanging from the senseless civil war which you guys instigated.

Shagari had insisted on debt rescheduling due to a slump in oil price and huge theft by the Obasanjo govt - notably, the missing oil money scandal by the Buhari headed NNPC.

Britain at this time was dead broke and was facing waves of coal and rail workers strike. This was when Baron Victor Rothschild as adviser to the Thatcher govt and head of MI6 instigated another coup in Nigeria. The first being your senseless coup of Jan 15, 1966 that turned Nigeria from zero debt to owing Jewish Banksters in London which Rothschild was a major creditor.

IBB was forced to float the naira in other to reopen the economy. The naira was fixed at #4 to a $1 and after its first trade closed at about #12. That's a whooping 300% devaluation and nothing compared to the current drop we are witnessing

By the time Abacha took over it was at above #20 to a dollar. Abacha will borrow some buharimonics for political reasons only and despite this, the naira was forced to crash to about #40 to a dollar on Obasanjo being sworn in. So between 1983 to 1999, the naira devalued by over 1000% despite all artificial attempts to prop it up through fixed pricing.

You must also understand that the naira is one of very few currencies that has never been traded internationally, thereby making it a non convertible currency outside it's soverign borders. You can only convert naira at Nigeria's land borders. Outside this, you will not see anyone willing to touch it.

You argument is based on continuing the failed system that only promotes a parallel market which insider traders are the only beneficiaries.

You know nothing.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by Roger3D(m): 6:31pm On Jul 19, 2023
CondenseMilk:

Please what platform do you use for this verification ?
google send
flutterware
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by just2endowed: 6:36pm On Jul 19, 2023
Is that the rate tinubu meet it
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by crismark(m): 6:37pm On Jul 19, 2023
DomPerignon:

Dey play grin
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by DomPerignon: 6:38pm On Jul 19, 2023
Cyoung4real:

It will crash because there is no money to support any import based business that utilizes the current high rate.

You don't even know that floating the naira benefits local manufacturers as they are the ones who will recapture the market from importers .

More FX will flow to manufacturing firms to import critical production inputs than will go to importers .

Tinubu has even hinted on opening the borders for imports,thereby removing any protectionism.

When importers see they can't compete with high FX they will switch to local manufacturing.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by DomPerignon: 6:39pm On Jul 19, 2023
crismark:

Dey play grin

Actually, the importers are the ones set to lose.

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by vertueptime: 6:53pm On Jul 19, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
It's over #820/$ in the black market.

It's 843
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by grandstar(m): 6:54pm On Jul 19, 2023
DomPerignon:

350-400? Just perish the thought. This will deprive government of lots of revenue. Don't forget the bulk of government revenue comes from crude oil dollars. A very low exchange rate means very low Naira income.

Bismark Rewane has said 640-680 range and it seems accurate, that is if government does everything right.

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by DomPerignon: 6:56pm On Jul 19, 2023
grandstar:

350-400? Just perish the thought. This will deprive government of lots of revenue. Don't forget the bulk of government revenue comes from crude oil dollars. A very low exchange rate means very low Naira income.

Bismark Rewane has said 640-680 range and it seems accurate, that is if government does everything right.

I still stand on my projection.

All that Buhari era loot will soon be converted at such a high rate.

They are closing accounts before Tinubu appoints a substantive CBN governor who will freeze these accounts that normally would have been flagged .
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by nighthawk1: 7:11pm On Jul 19, 2023
DomPerignon:

PLS CAN YOU EXPLAIN MORE.....THX

I honestly cannot point at any factor presently that can help the naira rebound.
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by DomPerignon: 7:14pm On Jul 19, 2023
nighthawk1:

PLS CAN YOU EXPLAIN MORE.....THX

I honestly cannot point at any factor presently that can help the naira rebound.

Recalling excess liquidity through the open FX market.

All monies raised from this, should be recalled and destroyed .

This will curb inflation .
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by nedekid: 7:19pm On Jul 19, 2023
DomPerignon:

Oga, I predicted naira will fall against the dollar despite subsidy removal and other moves after Emefiele left. The reason is that all the warehoused funds kept by politicians for the last elections, but could not be spent due to the cbn new naira policy will now flood the forex market.
A prominent politician was alleged to have over 150b, some governors, 30,50,70b etc all in cash. Obviously, those monies will now be changed to fx for easy handling, for export etc. Funny enough, this administration has lifted the cap on domiciliary transaction, it even makes it easier for the money "warehousers" to change and keep some in their dom acct.
As you said also looters from the old admin are also doing theirs.

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by Poske95(m): 7:56pm On Jul 19, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
It's over #820/$ in the black market.

Like we are dunces who do not have info on the day to day in our country
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by RepoMan007: 8:11pm On Jul 19, 2023
DomPerignon:

smh!
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by APC2: 8:22pm On Jul 19, 2023
This is pure propaganda sponsored by failures. I sold dollars today for 850 to a BDC operator. He is selling at 860 to puyers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by APC2: 8:29pm On Jul 19, 2023
Smithwilliams826:
It's currently #850 now.
I sold dollars today at 850 to a BDC operator at Kano. He is selling it to buyers at 860.

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by Titogbanski: 8:31pm On Jul 19, 2023
Fake news. The damage was done in 2015 when we used our own hand to bring in change.....now we can see the change
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by Bimpe29: 8:35pm On Jul 19, 2023
It is going to be better
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by Bfly: 8:39pm On Jul 19, 2023
The greed of the banks is fatal to the health of Naira. They get all the dollars at the current rate and and start selling to BDC at higher rate. Central bank is supposed to policy that dollar is available to all at current rate instead of only banks.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by UNDFTD: 8:41pm On Jul 19, 2023
The Nigerian economy is so bad that even the slightest move upward is celebrated.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dangote’s Bid To Merge Sugar, Salt, Rice Businesses Hits Brick Wall / Will A Large Supermarket Thrive In Nigeria? / AMCON Takes Over IBEDC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.