Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,321 members, 7,836,389 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window (23243 Views)

Naira Falls To Record Low At I&E Window, Trades ₦‎993/$ / I&E Window Records $53.02m Turnover After CBN Lifts Forex Ban / Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by BigDawsNet: 5:23pm On Jul 19, 2023
Soon it will drop at 450 even in the market
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 19, 2023
OutOnBail:
How P2P go de determine our FX rate? These are the real speculators that needs to be taken off!

Who do you think are the invisible faces behind the P2P?
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by Khyrvxjzy: 5:23pm On Jul 19, 2023
DomPerignon:

Concentrate on your useless Biafra .

When we chase you away we will not have parasitic importers who demand for FX to import cheap crap at the expense of local producers .

na question hin ask na y insult

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 19, 2023
Traded for 825 naira this morning at the BDC village, Tudun Wada, Wuse.
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by Smithwilliams826: 5:26pm On Jul 19, 2023
It's currently #850 now.
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by TERMlNATOR(m): 5:28pm On Jul 19, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Still not good.
no its good
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by Khyrvxjzy: 5:29pm On Jul 19, 2023
XtraFortunes:
Bulaba and propaganda na 5 and 6 angry

Dollar N742?

Aboki dey say something different undecided

una wey dey shout aboki. una sure say una no dey lie. when last una carry physical dollar go change for aboki vice versa... una go just dey lie, wetin u one use dollar do?. if u dey online business na online u go dey change dollar which is at dat price.

dis naija eh tor
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by Khyrvxjzy: 5:29pm On Jul 19, 2023
iampeterben:
825 to a dollar as at this afternoon. Lies...

una wey dey shout aboki. una sure say una no dey lie. when last una carry physical dollar go change for aboki vice versa... una go just dey lie, wetin u one use dollar do?. if u dey online business na online u go dey change dollar which is at dat price.

dis naija eh tor
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by DomPerignon: 5:29pm On Jul 19, 2023
Angelfrost:

He asked very salient questions which every young Nigerian should be bashing and throwing at those in power...!

If all hands are not on deck to change the direction of the economy from high import dependence to Massive export and production, then the Naira will be buried permanently!

Then why Tinubu rolls out policies to discourage importation, you guys will be the ones screaming "anti Ibo".
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by Khyrvxjzy: 5:30pm On Jul 19, 2023
cjudy:
shocked
As at today, dollar is exchange at 851 keep playing

dis naija eh tor
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by TemplarLandry: 5:30pm On Jul 19, 2023
Ok you're right!
TERMlNATOR:
no its good
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by Khyrvxjzy: 5:30pm On Jul 19, 2023
SpecialAdviser:
I only trust the exchange rate from Aboki in the street. Forget all these bruhahaha.

Tinubu ti kpa Nigerians
Meanwhile below is a thread indicating CFA is raping NAIRA back and front

https://www.nairaland.com/7763813/breaking-cfa-overtakes-naira

dis naija eh tor
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by udemzyudex(m): 5:31pm On Jul 19, 2023
This one na see finish post.

Just imagine the nonsense dem dey celebrate.
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by OutOnBail(m): 5:31pm On Jul 19, 2023
I don't know but a lot of ppl quote P2P which leads to speculation. Naira shouldn't be that high

Buddha3:

Who do you think are the invisible faces behind the P2P?
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by TERMlNATOR(m): 5:32pm On Jul 19, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Ok you're right!
u never see anything. U go soon run out of energy u use to dedicate ur wack songs.
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by cjudy(m): 5:32pm On Jul 19, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:

dis naija eh tor
Oga keep quiet below is P2P rate today. Don’t say what you don’t know. Go to any Aboki today and ask them of rate. Go and pay school today in USA or Canada to see the rate they will give you.
No worry it will Favour you and your family

4 Likes

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by ChybuzzDD(m): 5:33pm On Jul 19, 2023
DomPerignon:

Concentrate on your useless Biafra .

When we chase you away we will not have parasitic importers who demand for FX to import cheap crap at the expense of local producers .

What have you been able to achieve with your useless Nigeria?.

You foolishly floated a currency that was been rightfully defended because of its inherent weakness, and falsely promised Nigerians the rate would crash.

Now, seeing the effects of your rash and thoughtless actions, you've not only evaded taking responsibility, but have also pushed the blames on unknown group of people.
Let us see how a dru.g crim!nal will save a crumbling country

5 Likes

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by solacong: 5:33pm On Jul 19, 2023
Propaganda

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by Khyrvxjzy: 5:35pm On Jul 19, 2023
cjudy:

Oga keep quiet below is P2P rate today. Don’t say what you don’t know. Go to any Aboki today and ask them of rate. Go and pay school today in USA or Canada to see the rate they will give you.
No worry it will Favour you and your family

amen

why u dey talk aboki again u b rick ross wey need physical cash

so dat report na lie... nawa for una oooo

i no get pikin for usa so i no need pay dollar
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by Blaze14k: 5:36pm On Jul 19, 2023
DomPerignon:
FG should begin recalling most of the currency in circulation printed from thin air by Emefile through this Forex window.

This how the FG can utilize the Forex to remove excess liquidity from circulation and drive down inflation.

The only people betting against the naira are Buhari looters who , without Emefile's protection, are now moving their loot through the Forex window .

No genuine business will bid so high for Forex in such a challenging economy. What do they want to import that they are desperate to bid so high for Forex?

In a few months, if the FG compels the CBN to withdraw all excess liquidity from funds raised through the FX open window bidding, the naira will regain to about 350-400 to a dollar.

Do you have investors to bring in dollar? Do you export anything to foreign countries. When the British rejected some of the items shipped over there why did the federal government not take corrections and make it up to standard.

We are very quick to blame someone else buh reality is starring at our while we do nothing about it. Those guys know what to do buh because they are working for there own personal interest they can never take the right steps.

I feel so sorry for the citizens cos our leaders are very lazy. The only time they work hard is when they seeking ur vote. Yet we choose a vegetal to rule us at this crucial time of general crisis in the world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by VULCAN(m): 5:36pm On Jul 19, 2023
So let us all dance and clap for Joy that an exchange rate that Buhari met at N160....

...has come down all the way to N742

We don't need anything again.

Let APC kontinuuuuuu

Mtschewww!
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by wirinet(m): 5:37pm On Jul 19, 2023
cjudy:
shocked
As at today, dollar is exchange at 851 keep playing
No mind them, dollar that has been hovering between N150 and N155 today is what someone is saying is selling at N742. These people no fear God o!
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by Khyrvxjzy: 5:38pm On Jul 19, 2023
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by ican2020: 5:39pm On Jul 19, 2023
At what value when your shitting folking currency is not even in the top 20 of Africa countries currencies
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by emmaodet: 5:41pm On Jul 19, 2023
ClearFlair:
Vanity numbers. Failure is very hard to hide

grin
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by DomPerignon: 5:42pm On Jul 19, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

What have you been able to achieve with your useless Nigeria?.

You foolishly floated a currency that was been rightfully defended because of its inherent weakness, and falsely promised Nigerians the rate would crash.

Now, seeing the effects of your rash and thoughtless actions, you've not only evaded taking responsibility, but have also pushed the blames on unknown group of people.
Let us see how a dru.g crim!nal will save a crumbling country

We will see how your Biafra currency will turn to the new Dollar of Africa .
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by airsaylongcome: 5:43pm On Jul 19, 2023
ClearFlair:
Vanity numbers. Failure is very hard to hide

Its funny how all the apologist rush to post "big" gains but keep silent in big losses. Nairametrics is obviously on the payroll of the Information Management team of this junta.

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by deyplay: 5:47pm On Jul 19, 2023
Is that a cause to rejoice?
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by Scamwatcher: 5:51pm On Jul 19, 2023
Hope it would continue like that.
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by plaetton: 5:52pm On Jul 19, 2023
DomPerignon:
FG should begin recalling most of the currency in circulation printed from thin air by Emefile through this Forex window.

This how the FG can utilize the Forex to remove excess liquidity from circulation and drive down inflation.

The only people betting against the naira are Buhari looters who , without Emefile's protection, are now moving their loot through the Forex window .

No genuine business will bid so high for Forex in such a challenging economy. What do they want to import that they are desperate to bid so high for Forex?

In a few months, if the FG compels the CBN to withdraw all excess liquidity from funds raised through the FX open window bidding, the naira will regain to about 350-400 to a dollar.
Are you serious or are you one of those government e-wariors paid N30k a month to write nonsense?
Forex users will pay whatever the market offers . The Naira has very little economic backbone to rest upon. The main reason your government decided to let it float is to allow it to find its bottom, its true equilibrium value. I speculate that bottom to be N1500 in short term.
On a longer term, the stability of government economic policies would determine when it sinks further or regains some strength to the N1100 - N1200 levels.
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by fabian063: 5:54pm On Jul 19, 2023
How is this a good news?
Same man that said that "they don't know how to do it"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Will A Large Supermarket Thrive In Nigeria? / P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business / Simple Steps To Develop A Second Source Of Income In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.