Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,148 members, 7,829,104 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Between Peter Obi And Yemi Osinbanjo, Who'd Have Make A Good President? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Between Peter Obi And Yemi Osinbanjo, Who'd Have Make A Good President? (838 Views)

Caption This Photo Of Peter Obi And Yemi Osinbajo / Tinubu Will Be A Good President - Doyin Okupe (2021) / Which Of These Critics Will Make A Good President If Allowed To Govern? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Peter Obi And Yemi Osinbanjo, Who'd Have Make A Good President? by Fab21: 8:45pm On Jul 20, 2023
After the removal of Fuel subsidy, many People were of the opinion that Peter Obi would've done better than PBAT, while some people think Yemi Osinbanjo would've been the best.

What do you think ?
And why ?
Are they not the same?

Your contributions will be appreciated.
Re: Between Peter Obi And Yemi Osinbanjo, Who'd Have Make A Good President? by Absuchat(m): 8:47pm On Jul 20, 2023
Bobrisky grin

1 Like

Re: Between Peter Obi And Yemi Osinbanjo, Who'd Have Make A Good President? by Gunayo(m): 9:04pm On Jul 20, 2023
Does it matter now? How will it help Nigerians suffering under APC regime? Better talk about how people will react when Tinubu is kicked out by the tribunal.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Peter Obi And Yemi Osinbanjo, Who'd Have Make A Good President? by adebayo987: 9:06pm On Jul 20, 2023
Fab21:
After the removal of Fuel subsidy, many People were of the opinion that Peter Obi would've done better than PBAT, while some people think Yemi Osinbanjo would've been the best.

What do you think ?
And why ?
Are they not the same?

in this analysis, I'm going to keep sentiments aside. I'll be very factual and truthful.

Yemi would have tried but Obi would have done better.

Reason being that, Yemi can be controlled by the North but that's not how we see Obi.

We see Yemi as someone who would bow to NASS should any of his policies inconvenience them. While we see Obi as someone who NASS will attempt to impeach because almost all his policies would be against the rich and very much in favour of the poor and the political elites don't want that to happen.

Tinubu is trying to pocket NASS and his fellow political elites by attempting to increase their alawee by 114% and dashing them 70bn for furniture, etc. and more to come but we see Obi as someone who would channel those expenses to productive budgets and that's where NASS would want to kill him.

I see a better Nigeria with Obi than with Yemi.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Peter Obi And Yemi Osinbanjo, Who'd Have Make A Good President? by Fab21: 9:12pm On Jul 20, 2023
adebayo987:
in this analysis, I'm going to keep sentiments aside. I'll be very factual and truthful.

Reason being that, Yemi can be controlled by the North but that's not how we see Obi.

We see Yemi as someone who would bow to NASS should any of his policies inconvenience them. While we see Obi as someone who NASS will attempt to impeach because almost all his policies would be against the rich and very much in favour of the poor and the political elites don't want that to happen.

Tinubu is trying to pocket NASS and his fellow political elites by attempting to increase their alawee by 114% and dashing them 70bn for furniture, etc. and more to come but we see Obi as someone who would channel those expenses to productive budgets and that's where NASS would want to kill him.

Thank you so much for your contribution..

I just hope we can get it right one day in this country.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Peter Obi And Yemi Osinbanjo, Who'd Have Make A Good President? by Raf4: 9:39pm On Jul 20, 2023
adebayo987:

How was the north controlled PYO when he was the AgPresident? If there's anyone that can be easily manipulated/controlled between the two, then it must be the yes-daddy man.

2 Likes

Re: Between Peter Obi And Yemi Osinbanjo, Who'd Have Make A Good President? by Westerhoffe(m): 9:39pm On Jul 20, 2023
Professor Pat Utomi.

1 Like

Re: Between Peter Obi And Yemi Osinbanjo, Who'd Have Make A Good President? by Zadicuszuranda: 10:02pm On Jul 20, 2023
i would hae made a point, but i wont matter anyway
Re: Between Peter Obi And Yemi Osinbanjo, Who'd Have Make A Good President? by floret23(f): 10:34pm On Jul 20, 2023
Like for Peter Obi

Share for Osinbajo

14 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Between Peter Obi And Yemi Osinbanjo, Who'd Have Make A Good President? by floret23(f): 10:36pm On Jul 20, 2023
adebayo987:

I fully agree with you. Yoruba ni mi tokantokan sugbon Peter Obi ni choice me. I will always choose Obi over an overrated Prof.

2 Likes

Re: Between Peter Obi And Yemi Osinbanjo, Who'd Have Make A Good President? by Raskimonojendor: 10:37pm On Jul 20, 2023
Obi has been tried and tested in Anambra. He scored an F in his report card.

Osinbanjo hasn't really been tested in the capacity of a leader except being an ineffective vice president. Can't say on how he would perform.

Some of Peter Obi's score card below. The irony is that some of those that cursed him and gave him F below now want him for presidency because he is their tribal brother.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Peter Obi And Yemi Osinbanjo, Who'd Have Make A Good President? by Raskimonojendor: 10:38pm On Jul 20, 2023

Re: Between Peter Obi And Yemi Osinbanjo, Who'd Have Make A Good President? by Raskimonojendor: 10:40pm On Jul 20, 2023

Re: Between Peter Obi And Yemi Osinbanjo, Who'd Have Make A Good President? by Raskimonojendor: 10:43pm On Jul 20, 2023

Re: Between Peter Obi And Yemi Osinbanjo, Who'd Have Make A Good President? by BabaRamota1980: 10:44pm On Jul 20, 2023
adebayo987:

Very revealing. Obi will do opposite.
Re: Between Peter Obi And Yemi Osinbanjo, Who'd Have Make A Good President? by Raskimonojendor: 10:44pm On Jul 20, 2023
More report card on Peter Obi.

Re: Between Peter Obi And Yemi Osinbanjo, Who'd Have Make A Good President? by SpatialKing(m): 10:48pm On Jul 20, 2023
Does It matter now?
Re: Between Peter Obi And Yemi Osinbanjo, Who'd Have Make A Good President? by Raskimonojendor: 10:48pm On Jul 20, 2023
More.

He was dragged on Nairaland too for being a terrible governor.

Re: Between Peter Obi And Yemi Osinbanjo, Who'd Have Make A Good President? by BentizilL: 11:09pm On Jul 20, 2023
Obi can only deceive the gullible, an Anambra failure will never rule this country... grin

It's the Igbo hypocrisy for me... Trying to sell a failure to us, Obi is hundred percent opposite of what he's preaching... 💯

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Peter Obi And Yemi Osinbanjo, Who'd Have Make A Good President? by mrvitalis(m): 11:15pm On Jul 20, 2023
Fab21:

What do you think ?
And why ?
Are they not the same?

Osibanjo is a believer that you need infrastructure to build and economy

Obi believes it's better to provide credit facilities to industries this is the way to build an economy that infrastructure can come later

Which of them do you prefer

For me I'm team obi

1 Like

Re: Between Peter Obi And Yemi Osinbanjo, Who'd Have Make A Good President? by kokorokoman: 11:29pm On Jul 20, 2023
mrvitalis:

Obi believes it's better to provide credit facilities to industries this is the way to build an economy that infrastructure can come later

For me I'm team obi
so how many industries did obi attract to anambra as a governor?

1 Like

Re: Between Peter Obi And Yemi Osinbanjo, Who'd Have Make A Good President? by kokorokoman: 11:32pm On Jul 20, 2023
What I know is, obi has been tested as a governor and he performed abysmally below average.
What magic will he now perform as a president?
Out of the last four governors anambra has had, obi is clearly the worse of them all.
So if you can't govern a state as small as anambra na magic he Wan do for Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Between Peter Obi And Yemi Osinbanjo, Who'd Have Make A Good President? by kokorokoman: 11:35pm On Jul 20, 2023
BentizilL:
Obi can only deceive the gullible, an Anambra failure will never rule this country... grin

It's the Igbo hypocrisy for me... Trying to sell a failure to us, Obi is hundred percent opposite of what he's preaching... 💯
despite his useless and headless tenure as anambra governor I wonder how he was able to convince people that he's the lord and personal savior this time.
The man get am for mouth I swear.

2 Likes

Re: Between Peter Obi And Yemi Osinbanjo, Who'd Have Make A Good President? by DeOTR: 12:54am On Jul 21, 2023
kokorokoman:
despite his useless and headless tenure as anambra governor I wonder how he was able to convince people that he's the lord and personal savior this time.
He started wearing all black for a reason.

1 Like

Re: Between Peter Obi And Yemi Osinbanjo, Who'd Have Make A Good President? by Ibrahimcoomasie: 1:29am On Jul 21, 2023
Excellent topic OP. Obi's performance has been tabled above by another poster. One of his now supporters even called him mediocre (the supporter that now has LP flag on his DP above). All these reports have been seen by alot of us prior to the election. Hence, we are not swayed by his meek acting and propaganda.

I remembered he owed doctors salary for months when he was govenror and he did not care. He also sacked non-Anambrans from Anambra state civil service. He also ensured non Anambrans where discouraged from participating in local elections.

We also remember how he added pictures of Awolowo and Tinubu to Ngiges posters so that Anambrans can reject Ngige. He tagged him a Yoruba candidate. While he added Ziks and Ojukwu pictures to that of APGA candidates. His tribalism and bigotry are well documented.

He is also a man without resolve. From APGA to PDP and to Labour after promising that he was never going to leave APGA.

For the reasons above, I will go with Osinbanjo.

1 Like

Re: Between Peter Obi And Yemi Osinbanjo, Who'd Have Make A Good President? by Raskimonojendor: 1:41am On Jul 21, 2023
kokorokoman:
Alot of his supporters are the "woke or sorosoke" generation that weren't old enough or well matured when Peter Obi was governor. E.g. Rinu. Rinu was born in 1998. She was 8 years old when Peter Obi became governor in 2006, and she is one of Peter Obi's most vocal supporter on social media.
Re: Between Peter Obi And Yemi Osinbanjo, Who'd Have Make A Good President? by Fab21: 6:35am On Jul 21, 2023
mrvitalis:

For me I'm team obi

Hmmm!

Thanks for your contribution.
Re: Between Peter Obi And Yemi Osinbanjo, Who'd Have Make A Good President? by pquaver(m): 6:39am On Jul 21, 2023
adebayo987:

If u are sincere u will see that obi supported Emefiele policy oncashless even when it was not feasible and biting Nigerians.. He didn't back down with his support why because he felt it was favouring him.. Obi is a narcissist who does things to please only him and his immediate surrounding... Look at how he left anambra if not for Obiano...

1 Like

Re: Between Peter Obi And Yemi Osinbanjo, Who'd Have Make A Good President? by Fab21: 6:44am On Jul 21, 2023
Ibrahimcoomasie:
Excellent topic OP. Obi's performance has been tabled above by another poster. One of his now supporters even called him mediocre (the supporter that now has LP flag on his DP above). All these reports have been seen by alot of us prior to the election. Hence, we are not swayed by his meek acting and propaganda.

I remembered he owed doctors salary for months when he was govenror and he did not care. He also sacked non-Anambrans from Anambra state civil service. He also ensured non Anambrans where discouraged from participating in local elections.

We also remember how he added pictures of Awolowo and Tinubu to Ngiges posters so that Anambrans can reject Ngige. He tagged him a Yoruba candidate. While he added Ziks and Ojukwu pictures to that of APGA candidates. His tribalism and bigotry are well documented.

He is also a man without resolve. From APGA to PDP and to Labour after promising that he was never going to leave APGA.

For the reasons above, I will go with Osinbanjo.

Yes!

Though, Prof. Yemi Osinbanjo wasn't effective as VP during his tenure. Nevertheless, I'll like to gamble his political prowess as a president.

1 Like

Re: Between Peter Obi And Yemi Osinbanjo, Who'd Have Make A Good President? by Kaiser20: 6:57am On Jul 21, 2023
Mr. Emilokan Bola Tinubu (EBT) has not completed his first 100 days in office and Nigerians are already suffocating.
Japa news is everywhere you go. People sell their inheritance and life savings just to escape hardship.
Re: Between Peter Obi And Yemi Osinbanjo, Who'd Have Make A Good President? by APCNig: 7:01am On Jul 21, 2023
Two idiots.

One is a brilliant professor, the other is a 3rd Class Philosophy graduate.

1 Like

Re: Between Peter Obi And Yemi Osinbanjo, Who'd Have Make A Good President? by Zxcvbnmghtr: 7:03am On Jul 21, 2023
floret23:
Like for Peter Obi

Share for Osinbajo

Lol grin. Very entertaining. cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mustapha Gajibo Is At It Again:Turning The Desert Into A Green Field / States Paying Less Than Minimum Wage Of N30,000 in Nigeria? / Edo Guber: My Opponents Are Baby Politicians- Okpebholo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.