Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,834 members, 7,828,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

Update On Tiv Bride Who Insisted On Marrying Her 'Cousin' In Benue - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Update On Tiv Bride Who Insisted On Marrying Her 'Cousin' In Benue (52976 Views)

Benue Cousins Insist On Marrying Each Other Despite Stiff Oppositions / 29-Year-Old Groom & His 28-Year-Old Bride Who Are Both Virgins Wed In Lagos / Woman Impregnated Twice By Her Twin Brother Insists On Marrying Him (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update On Tiv Bride Who Insisted On Marrying Her 'Cousin' In Benue by TemplarLandry: 11:45am On Jul 22, 2023
Me too.
Jsucre:
I like her figure

1 Like

Re: Update On Tiv Bride Who Insisted On Marrying Her 'Cousin' In Benue by paramakina202: 11:46am On Jul 22, 2023
Thinkfree:
do you know the meaning of 10th cousin that's over 600 year blood relatives

Do you know that in some villages or communities do not marry from certain communities or villages because they are blood related till today and that rule is passed down from generation to generation.I mean in IGBOLAND.

2 Likes

Re: Update On Tiv Bride Who Insisted On Marrying Her 'Cousin' In Benue by paramakina202: 11:48am On Jul 22, 2023
stp211:
my neighbour who is a Muslim married his first cousin related via his mother. The girls mother is the eldest.

Remember I said in my place not in your place.
Re: Update On Tiv Bride Who Insisted On Marrying Her 'Cousin' In Benue by paramakina202: 11:49am On Jul 22, 2023
sagitariusbaby:

In my place second cousins can actually marry so far the relationship is maternal. We don't marry our paternal relations even to the 109th cousins, it is forbidden.

grin
Re: Update On Tiv Bride Who Insisted On Marrying Her 'Cousin' In Benue by Cutezt(m): 11:55am On Jul 22, 2023
EleventhWeirdo:

Crappy talk! What you call mummy GO cloth is the modest attraction for some men. Stop generalizing your cynical views; not every man likes his woman to be whorelike

Nobody is saying she should be whorelike, but men are attracted to what they see, no matter how you try to put it, no man on earth will like his woman dressing like a grand mother. Nobody is saying she should dress like a LovePeddler outside, but once we are at home, my lady is free to look like cardi b for me.
Re: Update On Tiv Bride Who Insisted On Marrying Her 'Cousin' In Benue by Johnn44: 11:57am On Jul 22, 2023
paramakina202:
In my place you can't marry 10th cousin unless there is no living person who can remember you are related.
1st cousins have the same grandparents. Their parents are all siblings.
2nd cousins have same great grandparents
3rd cousins have same great great grandparents
4th cousins have same great great great grandparents
5th cousins have same great great great great grandparents
6th cousins have same ……etc harsh
🟡Omo ur culture harsh o. If they wanna marry from 6th cousins, nobody should stop them. Muslims do that wella.

Health implications for lst cousins even 2nd cousins & very close relations not too far down the line marrying are too dastardly. Omo we have blood not clotting well, that was even the genesis of Leukemia, when royal families years past decided to marry themselves.
The health implications caused the culture to be discouraged among the English.

There are two 2nd cousins in my family who got married sha, agaińst all insistence. Grandmother said over her dead body. When the relationship began.

They were very stubbornly in love and simply waited for Grandmother to die & oldest man in family to die and they married 💍💍💍wella. Today, they have two children 👧🏾 👦 . Husband, wife children everybody almost same face undecided same blood 🩸 🥲.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update On Tiv Bride Who Insisted On Marrying Her 'Cousin' In Benue by Cutezt(m): 11:57am On Jul 22, 2023
Medianna:

I hope you've married all of them by now?
Giving unnecessary rules for dating abi courtship

Life happens, if it doesn't work out, we path ways. I have found the one who satisfies my soul and I intend to wife her very soon.

I don't date any lady I don't see a future with, I don't have time for games.
Re: Update On Tiv Bride Who Insisted On Marrying Her 'Cousin' In Benue by Josephkabila12: 11:58am On Jul 22, 2023
TemplarLandry:
cool Okay then...
Since they claim to love each other,

I dedicate “Fallin'” by Alicia Keys to them. Great jam!

By the way, this lady is thick. So beautiful!
ancient molecule thick? U never serious
Re: Update On Tiv Bride Who Insisted On Marrying Her 'Cousin' In Benue by BabaIbo: 12:01pm On Jul 22, 2023
paramakina202:

Do you know that in some villages or communities do not marry from certain communities or villages because they are blood related till today and that rule is passed down from generation to generation.I mean in IGBOLAND.

It is not only because they are blood related but maybe due to other differences.

I am referring to situation where a community don't marry from another community.
Re: Update On Tiv Bride Who Insisted On Marrying Her 'Cousin' In Benue by paramakina202: 12:01pm On Jul 22, 2023
Johnn44:

1st cousins have the same grandparents. Their parents are all siblings.
2nd cousins have same great grandparents
3rd cousins have same great great grandparents
4th cousins have same great great great grandparents
5th cousins have same great great great great grandparents
6th cousins have same ……etc harsh
🟡Omo ur culture harsh o. If they wanna marry from 6th cousins, nobody should stop them. Muslims do that wella.

Health implications for lst cousins even 2nd cousins & very close relations not too far down the line marrying are too dastardly. Omo we have blood not clotting well, that was even the genesis of Leukemia, when royal families years past decided to marry themselves.
The health implications caused the culture to be discouraged among the English.

There are two 2nd cousins in my family who got married sha, agaińst all insistence. Grandmother said over her dead body. When the relationship began.

They were very stubbornly in love and simply waited for Grandmother to die & oldest man in family to die and they married 💍💍💍wella. Today, they have two children 👧🏾 👦 . Husband, wife children everybody almost same face undecided same blood 🩸 🥲.

The love birds got married against the wishes of the elders that doesn't make it normal.
My kinsmen can not be my inlaws and my inlaws can no be my kinsmen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update On Tiv Bride Who Insisted On Marrying Her 'Cousin' In Benue by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:01pm On Jul 22, 2023
I can marry even my first cousin and there’s no problem with that
Re: Update On Tiv Bride Who Insisted On Marrying Her 'Cousin' In Benue by treatise: 12:03pm On Jul 22, 2023
TemplarLandry:
cool Okay then...
Since they claim to love each other,

I dedicate “Fallin'” by Alicia Keys to them. Great jam!

By the way, this lady is thick. So beautiful!
Benue ladies are largely beautiful and smart.
Re: Update On Tiv Bride Who Insisted On Marrying Her 'Cousin' In Benue by paramakina202: 12:03pm On Jul 22, 2023
BabaIbo:

It is not only because they are blood related but maybe due to other differences.

I am referring to situation where a community don't marry from another community.

You are right but in this case we are discussing marriage.
Re: Update On Tiv Bride Who Insisted On Marrying Her 'Cousin' In Benue by kolawo(m): 12:04pm On Jul 22, 2023
I don't need to listen to any audio whatsoever.
Go for love, always.
The law of the spirit supersede any culture, now and forever.
Re: Update On Tiv Bride Who Insisted On Marrying Her 'Cousin' In Benue by rollywise(m): 12:07pm On Jul 22, 2023
Where's the bride? I can see the boy and his mum, where's the bride?
Re: Update On Tiv Bride Who Insisted On Marrying Her 'Cousin' In Benue by pikechukwu6(m): 12:07pm On Jul 22, 2023
Something still remain in between the two legs of the woman... tongue tongue tongue. the kpekus go make sense
Re: Update On Tiv Bride Who Insisted On Marrying Her 'Cousin' In Benue by Godsonkemz(m): 12:12pm On Jul 22, 2023
Pls allow these couples to breath and don't suffocate their new marriage with unfounded accusations. Whether the wife is senior is none of our businesses but the man's business.
Congratulations to them anyways.
Re: Update On Tiv Bride Who Insisted On Marrying Her 'Cousin' In Benue by kemika8989(m): 12:15pm On Jul 22, 2023
Chenu60:
[UPDATE] VIDEO: Tiv Bride Who Insisted On Marrying Her Cousin Brother In Benue Narrates Actual Relationship

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd6A-SkSBSg

She spoke in a mixture of Tiv and English

For those who don't understand Tiv language, she agreed that the voice in the conversation is the groom's dad's voice but she said they are not cousins.
She said they are related along the line but it's by their great-great grandparents not even the grandparents.
She said all this happened during the trade-by-barter era when they were not even born and the woman they traded on their side is not even her great-grandmother.
She admitted knowing so much about the Tiv culture and if they were cousins, she wouldn't have proceeded with the marriage.
my be say bro's this women senior you period
Re: Update On Tiv Bride Who Insisted On Marrying Her 'Cousin' In Benue by 07kjb: 12:16pm On Jul 22, 2023
NOETHNICITY:
I can marry even my first cousin and there’s no problem with that

Is naturally wrong
Re: Update On Tiv Bride Who Insisted On Marrying Her 'Cousin' In Benue by BJanta: 12:33pm On Jul 22, 2023
Agreed. But are the grandparents not the offsprings of the great grandparents? Then,are the parents not from the grandparents? They really are not related cos I do not understand relationship beside this. The fact is, this lady's time is past, she's just in her last minutes. Hence the desperation.
Re: Update On Tiv Bride Who Insisted On Marrying Her 'Cousin' In Benue by Feelings79: 12:36pm On Jul 22, 2023
AminuRano87:

In my place it is very common for cousins to marry. It is even encouraged by elders. I myself married my cousin sister and we have three children now.
Where's that?l seem to love it
Re: Update On Tiv Bride Who Insisted On Marrying Her 'Cousin' In Benue by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:46pm On Jul 22, 2023
Cutezt:
She should stop wearing all these mummy G.O cloth. That's why I tell every woman I date that I don't even want to see anything that looks like wrapper in the house.
I see nothing wrong with her dressing, Infact I love those outfits.
I’m already tired of women with too much packaging which comes with a lot of baggage that eventually wear someone out
Re: Update On Tiv Bride Who Insisted On Marrying Her 'Cousin' In Benue by Jeezuzpick(m): 12:46pm On Jul 22, 2023
Cutezt:
She should stop wearing all these mummy G.O cloth. That's why I tell every woman I date that I don't even want to see anything that looks like wrapper in the house.

Because you're still dating.

Better don't marry, if you see wearing wrapper is a deal-breaker.
Re: Update On Tiv Bride Who Insisted On Marrying Her 'Cousin' In Benue by talented321: 12:50pm On Jul 22, 2023
Are u serious?
AminuRano87:

In my place it is very common for cousins to marry. It is even encouraged by elders. I myself married my cousin sister and we have three children now.
Re: Update On Tiv Bride Who Insisted On Marrying Her 'Cousin' In Benue by RecentHistory: 12:55pm On Jul 22, 2023
Why is she the one talking and not the man?

Shows who leads in the relationship.
Re: Update On Tiv Bride Who Insisted On Marrying Her 'Cousin' In Benue by RecentHistory: 12:55pm On Jul 22, 2023
talented321:
Are u serious?

Yes
The Hausas and Fulanis marry their cousins. It's not frowned upon.

1 Like

Re: Update On Tiv Bride Who Insisted On Marrying Her 'Cousin' In Benue by VULCAN(m): 12:55pm On Jul 22, 2023
My father's house is the biggest in Africa says the boy who has not left his village. Lollz

Nigerian women are not even in the Top 4 of most beautiful women in Africa.

Where do you place Somalia, Ethiopia, Rwanda, South Africa and Tanzania?

Eriokanmi:
You no fit go Benue oo, as you dey appreciate the woman's beauty like this. Tivs have beautiful women. Most of them don't go outside their state . Nigerian ladies are the most beautiful in Africa. Sadly, the encroachment of Western culture is making them behave strangely all in the name of feminism
Re: Update On Tiv Bride Who Insisted On Marrying Her 'Cousin' In Benue by Sharpsharp00123: 12:56pm On Jul 22, 2023
AminuRano87:

sorry which tribe?
Re: Update On Tiv Bride Who Insisted On Marrying Her 'Cousin' In Benue by isabi2lof: 12:56pm On Jul 22, 2023
People of the world should leave them alone , the guy might even be older than her ..

Nigerians with double standards undecided

1 Like

Re: Update On Tiv Bride Who Insisted On Marrying Her 'Cousin' In Benue by sterlingD(m): 12:58pm On Jul 22, 2023
Cutezt:
See eh you can not separate woman and wrapper o.You see that wrapper thing Legends know the mystery surrounding it
Re: Update On Tiv Bride Who Insisted On Marrying Her 'Cousin' In Benue by NOETHNICITY(m): 1:00pm On Jul 22, 2023
07kjb:

Is naturally wrong
How?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? / Help I'm Pregnant For A Married Man. / Nigerian Lady Serves Husband An Empty Plate For Refusing To Help In The Kitchen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.