Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People (8081 Views)

Lady Arrested For Stabbing Her Boyfriend After Going Through His WhatsApp / Big Boobs On Display!! South Africans Celebrate "Africa Day" By Going Naked / Davido' Is Cheating On Chioma By Going On Vacation With His Babymama(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by NewManFred(m): 12:07am On Jul 21, 2023
Whenever I see a post about someone that died, especially someone that isn't a celebrity, I usually go to their social media to read their posts prior to their deaths.

Note that I don't do this out of disrespect, or mockery. I respect the dead and I feel bad for their loved ones. The reason I do this is because I want to know the kind of person they were. Sort of like a philosophical experiment.

I've done this for countless people that have passed on and I always notice the same thing: An overestimated sense of importance

These people think they are so special. Like they have God on speed dial and he genuinely cares about their wishes and will make sure they get everything they want.

They usually talk about what they have achieved and what they want to achieve as if their life is a game they designed themselves and are playing it on easy mode.

When I compare their pictures on social media with pictures of their corpse lying on the floor, on the roadside or on some cold bench, I notice a sharp contrast. In the picture of the corpse you see the real person; no fake smiles, not posing for the camera, no filters, no conscious awareness of how their are dressed, no captions on the photos. You see the real person and you realize how much they tried to hide that from the world and how their effort was useless in the end, because in the end, everyone sees them for who they really are.

It's really sad how unaware these people were about just how fleeting life is. Almost like they never sit and question the point of their existence. The level of optimism I see in their posts usually borders on naivety and represents a total detachment from the harsh reality of life, which eventually catches up to them.

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by talented321: 12:23am On Jul 21, 2023
Especially those ones wey dey bleach' just within one hour na charcoal u go see.

18 Likes

Re: What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by pansophist(m): 12:25am On Jul 21, 2023
This hit deep man.

This is why humility is important. There was a top northern politician that died during covid. Don't wanna mention his name. I compared his official photos with his corpse.

He was just dumped in a grave that looks like a slum yard. It was so shameful to see. I mean, this brother is a dignitary. But nope, at that point, he was just treated like a bag of cement.

These are things people need to think about, to be humble. Being proud is a fool's glory. Death humble us all. Death is even too far, old age humble us all.

98 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by AndrewTate(m): 12:27am On Jul 21, 2023
: "I respect the dead"... Then goes on to disrespect the dead in order to pass a message he could've passed without sounding so "shupidd".

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by zumbigbo(m): 12:29am On Jul 21, 2023
pansophist:
This hit deep man.

This is why humility is important. There was a top northern politician that died during covid. Don't wanna mention his name. I compared his official photos with his corpse.

He was just dumped in a grave that looks like a slum yard. It was so shameful to see. I mean, this brother is a dignitary. But nope, at that point, he was just treated like a bag of cement.

These are things people need to think about, to be humble. Being proud is a fool's glory. Death humble us all. Death is even too far, old age humble us all.

You be the kind person I love chew fresh fish, drink stout and play chess with, walai.

6 Likes

Re: What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by Sandralight(f): 12:29am On Jul 21, 2023
I don't understand your thought process o, so all this dead people all have pride or is it just your take
Nobody knows tomorrow and everybody is just living, dont feel too important because you yourself will die too and you wont know when
It Is human nature to want to look good so why are you saying their corpse is there real self when they it is a lifeless body and their soul and whatever makes them a person is long gone

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by NewManFred(m): 12:30am On Jul 21, 2023
AndrewTate:
: "I respect the dead"... Then goes on to disrespect the dead in order to pass a message he could've passed without sounding so "shupidd".

I didn't disrespect anyone. I didn't even mention any names.

If you think my post sounded stupid, you are entitled to your opinion, but I seriously doubt that any reasonable, thoughtful person would read my post and consider it stupid.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by AndrewTate(m): 12:33am On Jul 21, 2023
NewManFred:

If you think my post sounded stupid, you are entitled to your opinion, but I seriously doubt that any reasonable, thoughtful person would read my post and consider it stupid.
well you thought wrong...
One thoughtful and reasonable person thinks it is actually shupidd and that's me.

6 Likes

Re: What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by AndrewTate(m): 12:35am On Jul 21, 2023
Sandralight:
I don't understand your thought process o, so all this dead people all have pride or is it just your take
Nobody knows tomorrow and everybody is just living, dont feel too important because you yourself will die too and you wont know when
It Is human nature to want to look good so why are you saying their corpse is there real self when they it is a lifeless body and their soul and whatever makes them a person is long gone
you dey mind this guy??

5 Likes

Re: What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by pansophist(m): 12:36am On Jul 21, 2023
Sandralight:

From the formation of his write up, it's clear that he is referring to situations where our life do not match with who we truly are.

That in our quest to be high and fly, we should reflect on the harsh realities of life that is ever present even though it is conveniently ignored.

It's not an attempt to mock the dead, or to celebrate mediocrity, but a call for humility and aligning our lives with reality. It's just a summary of the adage that "pride goes before a fall"

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by Nobody: 12:39am On Jul 21, 2023
People will say the same thing about you when you die

10 Likes

Re: What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by pansophist(m): 12:41am On Jul 21, 2023
Merch:

The circle of life.

6 Likes

Re: What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by talented321: 12:45am On Jul 21, 2023
Is the reality of life' even now sef people are saying
Merch:
Re: What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by AndrewTate(m): 12:46am On Jul 21, 2023
pansophist:

From the formation of his write up, it's clear that he is referring to situations where our life do not align with who we are.

That in our quest to be high and fly, we should reflect on the harsh realities of life that is ever present even though it is conveniently ignored.

It's not an attempt to mock the dead, or to celebrate mediocrity, but a call for humility and aligning our lives with reality. It's just a summary of the adage that "pride goes before a fall"
call a spade a spade and tell the dude whatever message he was trying to pass didn't come out right too.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by AndrewTate(m): 12:47am On Jul 21, 2023
Re: What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by thesicilian: 12:52am On Jul 21, 2023
NewManFred:
Whenever I see a post about someone that died, especially someone that isn't a celebrity, I usually go to their social media to read their posts prior to their deaths.

Note that I don't do this out of disrespect, or mockery. I respect the dead and I feel bad for their loved ones. The reason I do this is because I want to know the kind of person they were. Sort of like a philosophical experiment.

I've done this for countless people that have passed on and I always notice the same thing: An overestimated sense of importance

These people think they are so special. Like they have God on speed dial and he genuinely cares about their wishes and will make sure they get everything they want.

They usually talk about what they have achieved and what they want to achieve as if their life is a game they designed themselves and are playing it on easy mode.

When I compare their pictures on social media with pictures of their corpse lying on the floor, on the roadside or on some cold bench, I notice a sharp contrast. In the picture of the corpse you see the real person; no fake smiles, not posing for the camera, no filters, no conscious awareness of how their are dressed, no captions on the photos. You see the real person and you realize how much they tried to hide that from the world and how their effort was useless in the end, because in the end, everyone sees them for who they really are.

It's really sad how unaware these people were about just how fleeting life is. Almost like they never sit and question the point of their existence. The level of optimism I see in their posts usually borders on naivety and represents a total detachment from the harsh reality of life, which eventually catches up to them.

You have a very observant mind. Don't be surprised when people misunderstand and maybe even insult you for it. You wouldn't be a deep thinker if every Tom, Dick and Harry could easily comprehend and even agree with what you say.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by meobizy(f): 2:43am On Jul 21, 2023
Mscheew.

1 Like

Re: What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by Tenrack: 2:47am On Jul 21, 2023
AndrewTate:
well you thought wrong...
One thoughtful and reasonable person thinks it is actually shupidd and that's me.
na over woke dey worry diswan

3 Likes

Re: What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by Zxcvbnmghtr: 2:57am On Jul 21, 2023
pansophist:
This hit deep man.

It depends on our perspective. Death is inevitable. I wonder why people place death as a justification for the reason why a person should live a humble life.

Be humble because of it's moral values and possibly rewards. Not because of death.

You have no power over what so ever is done to your body after death.

We will all die. How we lived is what matters. If only that those who live humbly will not die, then it will make sense that those who lived arrogantly can be judge by death.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by oz4real83(m): 4:39am On Jul 21, 2023
Humans are only real at two points in their lives, at birth when they are helpless, and at death when they are not conscious to propagate their pretence. embarassed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by elijahozzy(m): 4:45am On Jul 21, 2023
NewManFred:

You sound like you gonna have wide spread of imagination 💭 my guy sometimes just ignore or blast bad belle no time to come dey form for fellow Nigerian like you.
Re: What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by whippersnapper(m): 4:49am On Jul 21, 2023
This your hypothesis no follow. Death can hit anyone at anytime.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by Zico777(m): 5:13am On Jul 21, 2023
pansophist:
This hit deep man.

Hmmm this is deeper!
Re: What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by talented321: 5:42am On Jul 21, 2023
Oga everybody go die whether u talk or not' even as he stand people are insulting u or me behind our back, they don't insult us openly because u are alive. Don't take the topic that far
whippersnapper:
This your hypothesis no follow. Death can hit anyone at anytime.
Re: What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by Karleb(m): 6:03am On Jul 21, 2023
So how do you expect people to live?

You want them to worry about death on a daily basis? Or be too pacifist and docile for their own good?

The right way to live is to enjoy your life without the fear of death or judgment from folks like you after death?
Worrying about death won't make it avertible.

9 Likes

Re: What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by Fiscus105(m): 6:07am On Jul 21, 2023
NewManFred:

First of first . Ur opinion is bias, is not everyone that write something special about themselves on social media.

2. Hope u re not heading towards joining ur ancestors?

..... meanwhile, for those who are even writing good thing about themselves. I will advise you to go and read a psychology book about "self denials". You would understand human nature better in that regard, every human beings has a nature of "false hope". That's, the body tends towards expecting good things of life, even in the midst of total despair.......

3 Likes

Re: What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by princeabdul(m): 6:36am On Jul 21, 2023
pansophist:
This hit deep man.

there's zero sense in this, and even if you're dimwit pretend to behave normal. Abba kyari was buried according to the Islamic like every other Muslim , was he supposed to be buried in gold and diamond?? Fear your creator you'll surely go back to him.

3 Likes

Re: What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by illicit(m): 7:01am On Jul 21, 2023
No worry

E go teach ur turn
Re: What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by MrOkenwa(m): 7:14am On Jul 21, 2023
This is so true. I wrote something similar about the dead back then in 2008. I wrote about my experience, haven stayed close to a community cemetery for few years in sch.
Re: What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by b3llo(m): 7:28am On Jul 21, 2023
This post is a call to remember that life is borrowed. We should do good and stay humbled while alive.

1 Like

Re: What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by Pinkdimples: 7:33am On Jul 21, 2023
princeabdul:
there's zero sense in this, and even if you're dimwit pretend to behave normal. Abba kyari was buried according to the Islamic like every other Muslim , was he supposed to be buried in gold and diamond?? Fear your creator you'll surely go back to him.
😁😁😁😁
Re: What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by BigYash: 7:40am On Jul 21, 2023
princeabdul:
there's zero sense in this, and even if you're dimwit pretend to behave normal. Abba kyari was buried according to the Islamic like every other Muslim , was he supposed to be buried in gold and diamond?? [/b]Fear your creator you'll surely go back to him [b].
He likes it or not and persons who thinks like him,will definitely say same thing about him..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Personal Observation: Many Women Suck At Starting And/or Maintaining Conversatio / How Many Relationships Have You Ever Been In? / Kingblakhoc Is At It Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.