Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,550 members, 7,837,107 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People (8125 Views)

Lady Arrested For Stabbing Her Boyfriend After Going Through His WhatsApp / Big Boobs On Display!! South Africans Celebrate "Africa Day" By Going Naked / Davido' Is Cheating On Chioma By Going On Vacation With His Babymama(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by faceland: 12:47pm On Jul 21, 2023
That is just the normal social media and "keeping up with the Joneses".

There is also a reason why people delete old post/pictures of their spouse when they separate. One day before they break up, they seems like the happiest couples on earth (meanwhile they were having problems during those happy post).

4 Likes

Re: What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by CJStarz: 12:50pm On Jul 21, 2023
You mean 'stupid'?

AndrewTate:
: "I respect the dead"... Then goes on to disrespect the dead in order to pass a message he could've passed without sounding so "shupidd".
Re: What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by CJStarz: 12:52pm On Jul 21, 2023
Are you the moody type?
Re: What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by Leggodeals(f): 1:06pm On Jul 21, 2023
Op what you don't still get is that both the dead and the living suffer from self worship. Even at the root of your write up lies your sense of self-reverence. You think you are such a smart lad that everyone needs to pay attention to your discovery and admire you. It all boils down to self. At the root of every sin you can think lies self.

Thats why self had to die with Christ on the cross. That's how the power of sin was broken. When self was killed.

No one is good but God. So pray for God to open your eyes to selfishness because it can be very overt as well as extremely masked. Only the light of God can cause us to see ourselves for who we truly are and repent.

Shalom!

5 Likes

Re: What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by marsup: 1:40pm On Jul 21, 2023
Being lifeless does not portray one's real self.

1 Like

Re: What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by seetomorrow: 3:25pm On Jul 21, 2023
Sandralight:
I don't understand your thought process o, so all this dead people all have pride or is it just your take
Nobody knows tomorrow and everybody is just living, dont feel too important because you yourself will die too and you wont know when
It Is human nature to want to look good so why are you saying their corpse is there real self when they it is a lifeless body and their soul and whatever makes them a person is long gone

That his thoughts you don't seem to understand is exactly what you explained on your 2nd paragraphs comment.

cool cool

2 Likes

Re: What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by seetomorrow: 3:30pm On Jul 21, 2023
NewManFred:
Whenever I see a post about someone that died, especially someone that isn't a celebrity, I usually go to their social media to read their posts prior to their deaths.

Note that I don't do this out of disrespect, or mockery. I respect the dead and I feel bad for their loved ones. The reason I do this is because I want to know the kind of person they were. Sort of like a philosophical experiment.

I've done this for countless people that have passed on and I always notice the same thing: An overestimated sense of importance

These people think they are so special. Like they have God on speed dial and he genuinely cares about their wishes and will make sure they get everything they want.

They usually talk about what they have achieved and what they want to achieve as if their life is a game they designed themselves and are playing it on easy mode.

When I compare their pictures on social media with pictures of their corpse lying on the floor, on the roadside or on some cold bench, I notice a sharp contrast. In the picture of the corpse you see the real person; no fake smiles, not posing for the camera, no filters, no conscious awareness of how their are dressed, no captions on the photos. You see the real person and you realize how much they tried to hide that from the world and how their effort was useless in the end, because in the end, everyone sees them for who they really are.

It's really sad how unaware these people were about just how fleeting life is. Almost like they never sit and question the point of their existence. The level of optimism I see in their posts usually borders on naivety and represents a total detachment from the harsh reality of life, which eventually catches up to them.

I understand your post very educating and meaningful but unfortunately some people don't SEEM to grab your point you are making.
My observation, due to the fact you fail to say US rather than them, some people start reading another meaning into it.
But I do understand your point, once again.

1 Like

Re: What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by etrange: 6:20pm On Jul 21, 2023
Communication is everything. I think your delivery doesn't do justice to your intended message. You made it look as if the dead people were guilty of something or as if there's a relation between thier perceives attitude and the fact that they're dead. Calling thier smile fake on the basis of the fact that thier corps weren't smiling is just ridiculous, and it suggests that you're calling them out or even feel you're doing something better. But the truth is, you're not. Dressing well and looking good for the camera is what we all do. Talking about achievements or our plans is what we do as human beings. These things don't imply an overestimated sense of self importance. Only someone with little or no achievement will see it that way, and that would be out of envy. Regardless how you humbly dress, feel or look on social media, your corps will not be smiling when you die and your body will surely change. Should that stop you from living your life to the fullest? Of course, not.

I get that you're saying life is unpredictable and could be cut short at anytime and we should, therefore, be humble and kind to one another. I just don't see how calling out dead people you didn't know when they were alive do justice to that message. You made it look like you've got something one should do in order not to die or for thier corps to look better when they do.

2 Likes

Re: What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by MockingBird(m): 9:55pm On Jul 21, 2023
@OP, your write up shows you are a deep thinker who thinks about the after life as much as they think about life here on earth. I'm that way too, in the end, we are all sand and dust and we must return to the earth no matter the beauty, affluence, wealth and lifestyle we display on this plane.

Your finding was Solomon's finding also that prompted him to write the book of Ecclesiastes.

1 Like

Re: What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by Gee64: 10:03pm On Jul 21, 2023
You are making a mockery of the dead.
Well, that you are alive today doesn't make you special.

Everyone must go down someday.

2 Likes

Re: What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by MockingBird(m): 11:25pm On Jul 21, 2023
The love of self makes mortal man to over-estimate himself and his worth. However in reality, man is but far far less than 1/100,000^100,000th in value to God. Self, like someone posted above is an enemy because it is the fertile ground for all the offspring and growth of the life of the natural man. This is the reason why Jesus said if "If any man must follow him, that man must deny himself" To "deny yourself" is to deny yourself all the natural inclinations, perks and source of power that flows through your human nature.

It is this over estimation of man and self that makes the Psalmist upon realizing the greatness of God and the uselessness of man say in Psalm 8, "What is man that thou are mindful of man or the son of man that thou visitest him?

This knowledge of knowing that we are nothing is the beginning of all spiritual knowledge as will be guided by the Holy Ghost.

Therefore, @OP keep probing and thinking deeply about life and the meaning of life, perhaps, God wants you to know something and come to a realization but you must listen and ask for his help to understand whatever he chooses to reveal.

2 Likes

Re: What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jul 21, 2023
zumbigbo:

You be the kind person I love chew fresh fish, drink stout and play chess with, walai.

Where una dey see stout and fresh fish chop for this economy?

1 Like

Re: What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by Came4amod: 8:49am On Jul 22, 2023
GreatVocalist:

That's not true. I think you're over-reacting.

His post simply expresses the futility of life filled with selfishness and living without a sense of purpose.

You're the one reading a deeper meaning to it, which takes you off course. It has nothing to do with being cold-blooded. Dey calm down abeg.

The problem with his post is he made it seem like he's exempted from the group when in reality, everyone is guilty, literally everyone.

He doesn't have to come out and be telling us dead people attached too much importance to themselves like he is some God who is immortal.. only people who have no regard for the dead talk this way ..
Re: What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by zumbigbo(m): 8:31am On Jul 23, 2023
Skyview01:

Where una dey see stout and fresh fish chop for this economy?

Sorry ooo....I dey outside.
Re: What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 23, 2023
You learnt nothing. You are just a jobless judgmental lunatic.

NewManFred:
Whenever I see a post about someone that died, especially someone that isn't a celebrity, I usually go to their social media to read their posts prior to their deaths.

Note that I don't do this out of disrespect, or mockery. I respect the dead and I feel bad for their loved ones. The reason I do this is because I want to know the kind of person they were. Sort of like a philosophical experiment.

I've done this for countless people that have passed on and I always notice the same thing: An overestimated sense of importance

These people think they are so special. Like they have God on speed dial and he genuinely cares about their wishes and will make sure they get everything they want.

They usually talk about what they have achieved and what they want to achieve as if their life is a game they designed themselves and are playing it on easy mode.

When I compare their pictures on social media with pictures of their corpse lying on the floor, on the roadside or on some cold bench, I notice a sharp contrast. In the picture of the corpse you see the real person; no fake smiles, not posing for the camera, no filters, no conscious awareness of how their are dressed, no captions on the photos. You see the real person and you realize how much they tried to hide that from the world and how their effort was useless in the end, because in the end, everyone sees them for who they really are.

It's really sad how unaware these people were about just how fleeting life is. Almost like they never sit and question the point of their existence. The level of optimism I see in their posts usually borders on naivety and represents a total detachment from the harsh reality of life, which eventually catches up to them.

Re: What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by okoroemeka(m): 1:11pm On Jul 23, 2023
pansophist:
This hit deep man.

This is why humility is important. There was a top northern politician that died during covid. Don't wanna mention his name. I compared his official photos with his corpse.

He was just dumped in a grave that looks like a slum yard. It was so shameful to see. I mean, this brother is a dignitary. But nope, at that point, he was just treated like a bag of cement.

These are things people need to think about, to be humble. Being proud is a fool's glory. Death humble us all. Death is even too far, old age humble us all.
we don't need to fear death,it is a natural transition and balance of life,infact there are many advantages of been dead,ones debts and obligations disappear,projects can remain unfinished, enemies are permanently avioded,failures are forgotten,even people with nothing good to say about you when you are alive may spare a word of sympathy at your passing.

2 Likes

Re: What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by sillysally(f): 1:46pm On Jul 23, 2023
NewManFred:

A lot of crazy assumptions you are making about me just from a philosophical post.

Rather that use this post as a torch to inspect the flaws in your perception of life, you'd rather use it to find perceived flaws in me.
Why do you go through the posts and social media activities of the dead? Sounds very creepy though
Re: What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by pansophist(m): 11:37pm On Jul 23, 2023
okoroemeka:
we don't need to fear death,it is a natural transition and balance of life,infact there are many advantages of been dead,ones debts and obligations disappear,projects can remain unfinished, enemies are permanently avioded,failures are forgotten,even people with nothing good to say about you when you are alive may spare a word of sympathy at your passing.

Yes, death has its advantages.

Just say, consciousness has become a curse since humans are one of the few species that are aware of this thing called death.

Animals experience death the first time when they die, so there is no time to mourn or wish for undone things, like humans. As humans are enlightened specie, we bear an intellectual burden, or will I term it the burden of consciousness?

Conscious of death, conscious of poverty, conscious of the past and the future, conscious of the afterlife, conscious of consequences, the ability to feel shame, guilt, rejection, and so forth.

Only humans operate on this level of thoughts and feelings. For example, you can see two animals forking in your presence, they don't care. No shame, no moral code. My grandfather used to raise lots of chickens.

I was shocked to see a baby rooster grow bigger and mount the mother, and the mother hen will lay eggs for her son. As young as I was back then, I knew that these animals operated on a different level of thinking.

Also, humans might hesitate to eat food from strangers since we are conscious of poison and death, but a tiger as strong and ferocious as it is, can't comprehend the idea that humans can poison its food, and kill it without much effort.

Animals don't have this intellectual burden, hence, they can't feel the kind of pain humans do feel. So this discourse about death and the fear of it is purely a human thing.

Just as there is no light without darkness, it's true for everything. The more you know, the more your ability to suffer. The less you know, the more sweet life is. The irony. Ignorance, truly, is bliss.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by okoroemeka(m): 6:11am On Jul 24, 2023
pansophist:

Yes, death has its advantages.

Just say, consciousness has become a curse since humans are one of the few species that are aware of this thing called death.

Animals experience death the first time when they die, so there is no time to mourn or wish for undone things, like humans. As humans are enlightened specie, we bear an intellectual burden, or will I term it the burden of consciousness?

Conscious of death, conscious of poverty, conscious of the past and the future, conscious of the afterlife, conscious of consequences, the ability to feel shame, guilt, rejection, and so forth.

Only humans operate on this level of thoughts and feelings. For example, you can see two animals forking in your presence, they don't care. No shame, no moral code. My grandfather used to raise lots of chickens.

I was shocked to see a baby rooster grow bigger and mount the mother, and the mother hen will lay eggs for her son. As young as I was back then, I knew that these animals operated on a different level of thinking.

Also, humans might hesitate to eat food from strangers since we are conscious of poison and death, but a tiger as strong and ferocious as it is, can't comprehend the idea that humans can poison its food, and kill it without much effort.

Animals don't have this intellectual burden, hence, they can't feel the kind of pain humans do feel. So this discourse about death and the fear of it is purely a human thing.

Just as there is no light without darkness, it's true for everything. The more you know, the more your ability to suffer. The less you know, the more sweet life is. The irony. Ignorance, truly, is bliss.
and it is this conscious awareness of ourselves gave birth to the inventions of different religions,heaven and hell to satisfy the ever human curiously of wondering what happens after death,a mystery that the answer is in plain sight,when your consciousness is switched off you are dead.

1 Like

Re: What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by Rechargeam247(f): 1:46pm On Jul 24, 2023
Life is fleeting, live with eternity in view.
Re: What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by NewManFred(m): 6:30pm On Aug 17, 2023
Rechargeam247:

True
Re: What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by juman(m): 4:11pm On Sep 06, 2023
They lived fullest lives.
Enjoy yourself before death come knocking.
Re: What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by Kobojunkie: 4:39pm On Sep 06, 2023
NewManFred:
■ Whenever I see a post about someone that died, especially someone that isn't a celebrity, I usually go to their social media to read their posts prior to their deaths
These people think they are so special. Like they have God on speed dial and he genuinely cares about their wishes and will make sure they get everything they want. They usually talk about what they have achieved and what they want to achieve as if their life is a game they designed themselves and are playing it on easy mode.
■ When I compare their pictures on social media with pictures of their corpse lying on the floor, on the roadside or on some cold bench, I notice a sharp contrast. In the picture of the corpse you see the real person; no fake smiles, not posing for the camera, no filters, no conscious awareness of how their are dressed, no captions on the photos. You see the real person and you realize how much they tried to hide that from the world and how their effort was useless in the end, because in the end, everyone sees them for who they really are.
1. Are you insinuating that those of us still living are not equally guilty of some of the very same?

2. What is wrong with keeping oneself from looking like a corpse abeg?

3. Does being aware of this somehow make death go away?Life is fleeting but you and I are living it anyways. Why is it worse for those who are dead than those of us still living? undecided
Re: What I Learned By Going Through The Social Media Posts Of Dead People by Kobojunkie: 4:40pm On Sep 06, 2023
Rechargeam247:
What eternity? There is no eternity for the vast majority, not even for the planet. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

She Did'nt Tell Me She Has A Yam Leg. / Which Of These African Slay Queens Do You Consider The Hottest? / How To Make Any Girl Give You Her Phone Number

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.