Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,808 members, 7,817,346 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare (19736 Views)

MTN Subscribers Lament Service Outage, MTN Apologizes / How Is The Global Facebook, Whatsapp And Instagram Outage Affecting You? / See How This Katsina Man Charges His Phone Due To Power Outage. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by Sunnyski: 1:20pm On Jul 23, 2023
Just the worst network of the year.

...and I begin to wander if Tulumbu has bought 9mobile 😂
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by SaLongs1(m): 1:21pm On Jul 23, 2023
Thank goodness I no longer use the network.
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by Eriokanmi: 1:22pm On Jul 23, 2023
Are they still in existence? I wish they had developed their market with same spirit they penetrated Nigeria with. I really loved their aggressive marketing. They almost sent the existing network providers packing.

4 Likes

Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by nurudeen181(m): 1:23pm On Jul 23, 2023
so people dey use that network... mtchew
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by YourNextLevel(m): 1:23pm On Jul 23, 2023
Not just this but Airtel too. Has been trash for days now
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by Dy4me2u: 1:26pm On Jul 23, 2023
Over a month no 9mobile network
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by Kylekent59: 1:26pm On Jul 23, 2023
No more Christian topics on FP

Who else has notiout that??
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by saintbillion(m): 1:27pm On Jul 23, 2023
Na u go vote Tinubu

Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by Ganjafama(m): 1:29pm On Jul 23, 2023
vincenteger:
Port your sim to another network of your choice
Do porting still work? In Sapele, Delta State all the telecoms offices I visited said they don't do porting.
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by iLoveYouToo(m): 1:30pm On Jul 23, 2023
Apart from their staff I don’t think people still used 9mobile grin

Very unserious set of people. Reduce prices of your products to lure customers in, they won’t

1 Like

Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by felix2018: 1:32pm On Jul 23, 2023
grin
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by staneless(m): 1:32pm On Jul 23, 2023
Wait o... People still using that network? Lmao 🤣😂...
That network provider lost it the moment they changed to 9mobile. What a pity

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by Benwallt(m): 1:34pm On Jul 23, 2023
BacÆ™ n very better now. They are the best thing after jollof rice now data wise
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by smasher1(m): 1:34pm On Jul 23, 2023
Blueace247:

Good morning Dear friends and fellow Etisalat users,

I am writing this post today to share my recent harrowing experience with the Etisalat network, which left me without a reliable connection for a staggering 24 hours. This unfortunate incident has not only caused immense frustration but has severely impacted my work and productivity.

Last week, I had topped up my data plan with a substantial sum of 10,000 naira, hoping to have uninterrupted access to the internet for my professional and personal needs. However, to my dismay, the Etisalat network suffered a major outage, leaving me and countless other users stranded without any indication of when it would be resolved.

The lack of official communication during the prolonged downtime only added to the mounting frustration. Customers, like myself, were left in the dark, without any updates or reassurances from the service provider. As a result, many of us resorted to other means like using VPNs, spending money on alternative data plans from different providers, or facing a complete disruption of our daily routines and businesses.

During this period, I had no choice but to rely on Stark VPN, a free virtual private network service, because I couldn't afford to purchase additional data for my other SIM card. The stress of managing work tasks, personal responsibilities, and the unexpected expenses added to the burden of the network failure.

It is disheartening to note that despite being loyal customers, our priorities have been jeopardized by the lack of preparedness and communication from Etisalat. As customers, we deserve to be treated with transparency and respect, especially when faced with such a significant disruption in service.

I strongly urge Etisalat and other telecommunication companies to implement a more efficient customer notification system for such situations. Timely official updates can alleviate customer frustration and help them make informed decisions. We should not be left to feel abandoned and helpless during network outages, especially after investing significant amounts in data plans.

As technology becomes an essential part of our lives, we rely on network providers to keep us connected and ensure smooth work and personal communication. An outage of this magnitude not only affects our productivity but also raises concerns about the reliability of the service.

I sincerely hope that Etisalat and other providers take this incident as an opportunity to improve their services and customer support. As users, we deserve better accountability and timely solutions when things go wrong. I call upon Etisalat to take immediate action, compensate affected customers appropriately, and implement measures to prevent similar occurrences in the future.

Let us stand together as customers and demand the quality service we pay for and deserve. Together, we can drive positive change in the telecommunications industry and ensure that our needs are met with utmost consideration.

#EtisalatNetworkOutage #CustomerPrioritiesMatter #ImprovedCommunicationNeeded #TelecomsAccountability

Sincerely,
A Concerned Etisalat User

24 hours outage for 9mobile is child play. In Bayelsa state here, they were out for over a month several times even in the state capital Yenagoa and when they come back maybe for one day, they go off for several months again. We are used to it.

1 Like

Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by litaninja(m): 1:35pm On Jul 23, 2023
Lol. This is incorrect.

joseph032:
More reason you Shouldn't port.

Most App(Bank) uses AI to read you number and know which Network, they use that to send you OTP. if you port you will call Customer Care any time you need a verification on any App to you message or OTP.

Just get a New Sim and that will be you Sim 2
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by Harunabisanti(m): 1:35pm On Jul 23, 2023
i am having the same experience over a period of time now
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by meobizy(f): 1:36pm On Jul 23, 2023
There is MTN and other networks. The last time I used any other service was long before many here were born. The name is 9Mobile or Etisalat? That is the first sign that things are amiss.

1 Like

Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by Fibonacci88: 1:37pm On Jul 23, 2023
I have been so frustrated by the useless network. To think I ported from mtn to this stupid network. The most anoying thing is no empathy from them, no text to even calm ur nerves or even apologies. I think it's time NCC sanctioned them or retrieve their license.

1 Like

Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by 3RNEST(m): 1:38pm On Jul 23, 2023
Snail network...
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by StPete: 1:40pm On Jul 23, 2023
It’s not just 9mobile…

Airtel has been the worst. They first started off with WhatsApp not been accessible for more than 24 hours and even at intervals, the service still gets interrupted. More so, calls to my line either shows call busy or this number is unavailable even when my line is not busy and available.

The worst of it all is their Smartcash App. These ones are the daylight robbers. They stole my N1475 since May 30, 2023 and till date (2 months after) have refused to refund me. I have called their customer care lines (for both Smartcash and Airtel) to complain and even written to them via email but yet they fail to do anything about it

3 Likes

Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by KennethEnyi(m): 1:41pm On Jul 23, 2023
Only two networks in Nigeria MTN and others😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by Vintage100(m): 1:41pm On Jul 23, 2023
I don't know how 9mobile cover their average cost, because only few people use it for browsing and calling due to their poor network. I only use it to call people who use the same and occasionally
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by KennethEnyi(m): 1:41pm On Jul 23, 2023
Leave 9mobile now or frustration will be the order of the day in your life
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by Reference(m): 1:42pm On Jul 23, 2023
I use all networks and all of them have outages at different times and sometimes even go down simultaneously.

There is no cheap, efficient solution to reliable calls and data services in Nigeria. Telecommunications suffer the universal problems afflicting service providers and the nation in general.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by teewhydope(m): 1:42pm On Jul 23, 2023
omniwater:
I am planning to port to MTN now.

9 mobile is now the worst mobile network in Nigeria currently.

MTN is worse right now, so don't even. If you're in lagos, just try spectranet

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by Themandator: 1:42pm On Jul 23, 2023
Went to but the sim yesterday and was told there was no network to register and activate it

Oshe.. Another shitty stuff bullet avoided

1 Like

Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by okunwaye(m): 1:43pm On Jul 23, 2023
April396949:
Unfortunately, as an AI, I do not have personal experiences or the capability to access real-time information on network outages. However, I can provide general information about network outages. Network outages can occur for various reasons such as technical issues, maintenance, or external factors like weather conditions. They can disrupt communication services including voice calls, text messages, and internet connectivity. Outages are typically temporary and service providers like 9Mobile work to resolve them as quickly as possible. It is recommended to contact the network provider for specific information or updates during such situations.

See m_mu🤡🤡🤡
Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by ladychioma: 1:43pm On Jul 23, 2023
Try Globacom, you will thank me later

1 Like

Re: 9Mobile Network Outage: A 24-hour Nightmare by Advocate1810(m): 1:43pm On Jul 23, 2023
Blueace247:

Good morning Dear friends and fellow Etisalat users,

I am writing this post today to share my recent harrowing experience with the Etisalat network, which left me without a reliable connection for a staggering 24 hours. This unfortunate incident has not only caused immense frustration but has severely impacted my work and productivity.

Last week, I had topped up my data plan with a substantial sum of 10,000 naira, hoping to have uninterrupted access to the internet for my professional and personal needs. However, to my dismay, the Etisalat network suffered a major outage, leaving me and countless other users stranded without any indication of when it would be resolved.

The lack of official communication during the prolonged downtime only added to the mounting frustration. Customers, like myself, were left in the dark, without any updates or reassurances from the service provider. As a result, many of us resorted to other means like using VPNs, spending money on alternative data plans from different providers, or facing a complete disruption of our daily routines and businesses.

During this period, I had no choice but to rely on Stark VPN, a free virtual private network service, because I couldn't afford to purchase additional data for my other SIM card. The stress of managing work tasks, personal responsibilities, and the unexpected expenses added to the burden of the network failure.

It is disheartening to note that despite being loyal customers, our priorities have been jeopardized by the lack of preparedness and communication from Etisalat. As customers, we deserve to be treated with transparency and respect, especially when faced with such a significant disruption in service.

I strongly urge Etisalat and other telecommunication companies to implement a more efficient customer notification system for such situations. Timely official updates can alleviate customer frustration and help them make informed decisions. We should not be left to feel abandoned and helpless during network outages, especially after investing significant amounts in data plans.

As technology becomes an essential part of our lives, we rely on network providers to keep us connected and ensure smooth work and personal communication. An outage of this magnitude not only affects our productivity but also raises concerns about the reliability of the service.

I sincerely hope that Etisalat and other providers take this incident as an opportunity to improve their services and customer support. As users, we deserve better accountability and timely solutions when things go wrong. I call upon Etisalat to take immediate action, compensate affected customers appropriately, and implement measures to prevent similar occurrences in the future.

Let us stand together as customers and demand the quality service we pay for and deserve. Together, we can drive positive change in the telecommunications industry and ensure that our needs are met with utmost consideration.

#EtisalatNetworkOutage #CustomerPrioritiesMatter #ImprovedCommunicationNeeded #TelecomsAccountability

Sincerely,
A Concerned Etisalat User

Is being long I hear from this network provider, people still de use am?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Five Lies They Tell You About Phone, Laptop Batteries By Prince Osuagwu / How To Share Your Airtel Mb With Your Friends / Free Check Iphone Carrier With Correct Information

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.