Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

What Is That Thing You Want To Stop But Always See Yourself Doing It Again - Nairaland / General (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Is That Thing You Want To Stop But Always See Yourself Doing It Again (35858 Views)

What’s That Thing You Can’t Turn Down No Matter How Angry You Are? / What Is That Thing That No Amount Of Peer Pressure Can Make You Do? / What Is That Thing That Everybody Is Doing That You Consider Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is That Thing You Want To Stop But Always See Yourself Doing It Again by Cryptokin(m): 9:12am On Jul 22, 2023
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
I feel like I'm too soft to be called a man........I just want to be as hard as a rock undecided A sure solution is to hit the gym or do home workouts. Start with 15 pushups a day then increase as you get more physical.

Modified:::See as una just dey misunderstand and misquote anyhow cheesy. Na for some people IQ cha oh cheesy
Re: What Is That Thing You Want To Stop But Always See Yourself Doing It Again by 9182736455O1999(m): 9:15am On Jul 22, 2023
Bestfits:
Overthinking and worrying
There is nothing like overthinking.
Re: What Is That Thing You Want To Stop But Always See Yourself Doing It Again by MyExpression(m): 9:15am On Jul 22, 2023
Vijuchoco:
Going late to work..

Unhealthy eating..

I should bathe and go out...but I am here on nairaland...sitting in the house...making up a convincing excuse in my head.

I'm not answerable to my colleagues, but I want to make up a justifiable excuse to convince myself that I'm right to be at home by this time.

1 Like

Re: What Is That Thing You Want To Stop But Always See Yourself Doing It Again by 1phone(m): 9:16am On Jul 22, 2023
Too much time on social media

1 Like

Re: What Is That Thing You Want To Stop But Always See Yourself Doing It Again by zoezoelogistics(m): 9:18am On Jul 22, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:
Na forex ọ... The thing de kill me and de keep me alive in moments when I no get hope

Let me understand this.
Why do you wish to stop Forex. Are you not making money from it?
Re: What Is That Thing You Want To Stop But Always See Yourself Doing It Again by ugodson(m): 9:19am On Jul 22, 2023
MyExpression:

I understand.
One day gan no dey easy.

Just pick a close date to be done with it...gets your environment suitable, plan how you'll alternatively spend that time...and live.

When the thoughts and urges come, tell it that you're done with that life...and switch your mind and body to something else planned for the time.

I don't know the place of prayer in all these o...I prayed for over 15yrs, yet masturbation no stop.
Buh when I mentally let go, told myself I have outgrown that lifestyle...I saw the mental image of me masturbating, and it disgusted me for the first time.
I stopped instantly.
When the urge comes, I remind myself of how shameful and disgusting I look, masturbating at that age.

Na me give myself sense and dropped it.
It became easier everyday to choose pride than shame.

Thanks for the encouragement. I really appreciate

2 Likes

Re: What Is That Thing You Want To Stop But Always See Yourself Doing It Again by CJStarz: 9:25am On Jul 22, 2023
This number not on WhatsApp.
All the same, don't allow the spirit of moodiness or bad thoughts overwhelm you because it deprives you of the joy of living and existence.
Do not keep friends with moody and pessimistic people. Always see the bright side of life. Let the phrase, 'God is good' be on your lips everytime.
Don't let the devil take away your joy. The Bible says,'resist the devil and it will FLEE from you'.
Once those unnecessary sad thoughts come up,tell the devil you know his game plan and so,you would none of it! Begin to rebuke that spirit in the Mighty Name of Jesus Christ! It works! Overtime, you'll be free! In my own case back then,it ruined my teenage years and the major part of my youth. I was always withdrawn and sad......for no good reason, always expecting and imagining the worst. Tell you what,the worst that I feared often came to pass. It was later that I realized they happened because I believed the evil voice whispering to me. But as the Lord opened my eyes, I began to rebuke the evil voice and sad thoughts once they try to get into my mind,through the Name of Jesus Christ,I have become free. I can now smile and laugh freely. I can now mingle with friends. I now appreciate life and the love of God. Indeed,Jesus was made manifest so that He would destroy the works of Satan,which includes depriving God's children of joy, happiness and peace of mind. Again, listen to soul lifting gospel songs. Read the Bible regularly....it's strengthening.
God bless you.

GreatVocalist:

Okay.

Zero. Nine. Zero. One. Zero. Six. Zero. Six. Eight. Two. Eight.

2 Likes

Re: What Is That Thing You Want To Stop But Always See Yourself Doing It Again by Vijuchoco(f): 9:29am On Jul 22, 2023
MyExpression:

I should bathe and go out...but I am here on nairaland...sitting in the house...making up a convincing excuse in my head.

I'm not answerable to my colleagues, but I want to make up a justifiable excuse to convince myself that I'm right to be at home by this time.
Funny you.. Even if I truly have an excuse, I don't bother saying it because they feel it's a normal thing for me to come late. Pathetic cry

1 Like

Re: What Is That Thing You Want To Stop But Always See Yourself Doing It Again by ifeanyi1234ify(m): 9:30am On Jul 22, 2023
Fucking ashawo
Re: What Is That Thing You Want To Stop But Always See Yourself Doing It Again by millionboi2: 9:33am On Jul 22, 2023
bizhop01:
Making Money
what do you do to make the money?
Re: What Is That Thing You Want To Stop But Always See Yourself Doing It Again by zoezoelogistics(m): 9:33am On Jul 22, 2023
Fugazy2023:
Forex trading but I can't stop it again

Please what is your challenge with Forex trading that makes you want to stop.
People are making money from forex, if you do too, why would you want to stop.

See Forex Trading as a skill.
Re: What Is That Thing You Want To Stop But Always See Yourself Doing It Again by Ikukuudo: 9:38am On Jul 22, 2023
Living as a Nigerian.

I want to leave this country.
Re: What Is That Thing You Want To Stop But Always See Yourself Doing It Again by Khayceeofficial(m): 9:40am On Jul 22, 2023
BenedictAbajue:
I never thought this as anything until someone called me a Pessimist. Now I just accept it that way. It must have some advantage sha.

Same here... I think the worst bout things as much as I hope for a positive outcome. I just hate getting my hopes up and being let down afterwards.
It's bad but scary thing is I'm almost never wrong at times when I think like this. Don't know if it's just me jinxing it or if that's how the universe planned it.
Re: What Is That Thing You Want To Stop But Always See Yourself Doing It Again by Anny69: 9:43am On Jul 22, 2023
projet:

What's wrong about sleeping on your chest?
It causes chest pain and sometimes it can be difficult to breathe.
Re: What Is That Thing You Want To Stop But Always See Yourself Doing It Again by dickt(m): 9:44am On Jul 22, 2023
fyzaila:
Skipping breakfast. I've tried some much to avoid it but i can't help it. I just don't feel like eating till between 11am and 12pm. And i can't force myself to eat when i don't feel like eating. 😕

Your body is actually helping you. Don't believe the lie about breakfast

1 Like

Re: What Is That Thing You Want To Stop But Always See Yourself Doing It Again by chccho(m): 9:45am On Jul 22, 2023
judatech:
Negative Thoughts...it just seeps in
Always read the book of psalms if u are a Christian

2 Likes

Re: What Is That Thing You Want To Stop But Always See Yourself Doing It Again by chccho(m): 9:47am On Jul 22, 2023
GreatVocalist:

Same here.

It comes in a flash, and it's difficult to control.
Read the book of psalms as much as possible

1 Like

Re: What Is That Thing You Want To Stop But Always See Yourself Doing It Again by kaywhy09(m): 9:51am On Jul 22, 2023
Getting bored with long conversations.
Re: What Is That Thing You Want To Stop But Always See Yourself Doing It Again by Fugazy2023: 9:55am On Jul 22, 2023
zoezoelogistics:

Please what is your challenge with Forex trading that makes you want to stop.
People are making money from forex, if you do too, why would you want to stop.

See Forex Trading as a skill.

I said I can't stop it again. I CAN'T STOP
Re: What Is That Thing You Want To Stop But Always See Yourself Doing It Again by Dexy4yah(m): 9:58am On Jul 22, 2023
Goalnaldo:
If I can win this battle against masturbation, I will definitely become a better person. It's been 13 years I have been struggling with it. All other addictions like sports betting can be tamed.
Mine is 18years and i finally overcame it.
Believe me you can do it too.
That shit is a destiny destroyer bro... believe it or not that's the truth

1 Like

Re: What Is That Thing You Want To Stop But Always See Yourself Doing It Again by vickydevoka(m): 9:59am On Jul 22, 2023
post=124573178:
Being way too nice and helpful to people.....

It bites back most times.....
How?
Re: What Is That Thing You Want To Stop But Always See Yourself Doing It Again by ekwerendi(m): 10:01am On Jul 22, 2023
Spending money
Re: What Is That Thing You Want To Stop But Always See Yourself Doing It Again by AgbaAwo001: 10:01am On Jul 22, 2023
seunmohmoh:
Overthinking and excess guilt conscious!!
It will drag you back. Mistakes are common because it's our first life and there's really no manual but then we learn from past mistakes so we don't repeat them. Life is short and beautiful, allow yourself to breathe and enjoy its sweetness.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is That Thing You Want To Stop But Always See Yourself Doing It Again by AgbaAwo001: 10:03am On Jul 22, 2023
seanwilliam:
1. Masturbation
2. Sugar consumption ( funny how I was able to stop drinking soda for two months following one pansophist thread ) omo I just relapsed again jare.
3. lending people money and inability to say No and stand by it,
You have to learn to say no because only few people actually care about your state of being, others just care about themselves. They come when they need something and go when they get it.... It's okay to say no, it doesn't make you a bad person, it just helps you preserve yourself.
Re: What Is That Thing You Want To Stop But Always See Yourself Doing It Again by Starboytwo(m): 10:06am On Jul 22, 2023
I try not to do Area girls. I like to be free. wink

First half of the year I bone everybody, but there’s one 1 really like. Really really like.

She came unannounced yesterday and met another girl in my kitchen.

She was distraught. Awww. My baby. The thing just weak me.

1 Like

Re: What Is That Thing You Want To Stop But Always See Yourself Doing It Again by AgbaAwo001: 10:07am On Jul 22, 2023
Mummyfour:
Eating too much bread and drinking soft drinks. They make me add weight and I have not been exercising as I used to.

I have too much sweet mouth grin

After downloading them, I will start feeling guilty
You're probably doing things to ensure you have that future you envisioned right? You know those things can cause health issues that will affect your enjoyment later on. Just reduce them eh smiley

1 Like

Re: What Is That Thing You Want To Stop But Always See Yourself Doing It Again by AgbaAwo001: 10:09am On Jul 22, 2023
Vijuchoco:
Going late to work..

Unhealthy eating..
You probably plan to be ready at least an hour before your departure time so even if anything comes up in your mind, you're able to do it and still meet up. Imagine you have a car you use regularly and you don't do monthly maintenance on it, what do you think will happen to it? Same way you should take care of the body you're using for work. Peace smiley
Re: What Is That Thing You Want To Stop But Always See Yourself Doing It Again by Mummyfour(f): 10:25am On Jul 22, 2023
AgbaAwo001:
You're probably doing things to ensure you have that future you envisioned right? You know those things can cause health issues that will affect your enjoyment later on. Just reduce them eh smiley
grin grin.
Infact this admonition from you is a kick starter to my discipline starting from today.

I usually relapse after discarding those things for a while.it takes just attending an occasion and seeing soft drinks and I will relapse.
But I will become more disciplined and principled.
Thank you
Re: What Is That Thing You Want To Stop But Always See Yourself Doing It Again by zoezoelogistics(m): 10:26am On Jul 22, 2023
nedekid:

You eat power and chalk?

He might be talking about earth known as Calabash Chalk.

Funny enough it has no nutritional value, rather it contains toxins, yet people consume them, especially pregnant women.
The substance contains lead, arsenic, aluminium, and alpha lindane.

See the attached.

1 Like

Re: What Is That Thing You Want To Stop But Always See Yourself Doing It Again by lalalista: 10:30am On Jul 22, 2023
Masturbation. My God! How do I stop that shit?
Re: What Is That Thing You Want To Stop But Always See Yourself Doing It Again by Tonytonex(m): 10:35am On Jul 22, 2023
Sonofthemoon:
if you are into it , DM let me help you stop it Spiritually then come back here and give testimony for everyone to kno masturbation is spiritual.
You are a fool to think that.
Re: What Is That Thing You Want To Stop But Always See Yourself Doing It Again by AgbaAwo001: 10:36am On Jul 22, 2023
Mummyfour:
grin grin.
Infact this admonition from you is a kick starter to my discipline starting from today.

I usually relapse after discarding those things for a while.it takes just attending an occasion and seeing soft drinks and I will relapse.
But I will become more disciplined and principled.
Thank you
You're welcome, I'm glad I did something. For the drink, you can try out healthy alternatives like blending fruits and keeping it refrigerated but then too much of cold drink is bad too. Just make them moderate, Tiger nut drink too is good.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Man Found Dead In A House Of Snakes (snake Fan) / 32-Year-Old Lady From Ogun State Found Wandering In Lokoja. Photos / Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.