Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Visa Denied - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visa Denied (40985 Views)

F2 Visa Denied. I Have No Clue / Conference Visa Denied At The U.S Consulate Lagos / USA Visa Denied Several Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Visa Denied by Johel(m): 1:24pm On Jul 22, 2023
AwokenVawulence:
I know someone that this happened to its most likely because it wasn't adding up

Very simple...the lie wasn't even clear enough.
Re: Visa Denied by steeltrust: 2:25pm On Jul 22, 2023
VisaInfoNL:

Are you coming bak or you wan japa?
I’ll come back cause even I want to japa getting job is hard so I’ll just go
Have fun and come back
Maybe it will boast my chance of going to better countries in the future
Re: Visa Denied by steeltrust: 2:28pm On Jul 22, 2023
ahmedio2017:

How much will all the processing cost please
58 dolllars or so I can’t remember now sha
But it take a year plus to come out

If you want to apply and get it quick
Apply for both transit and visitor visa
They will definitely give you visitor visa

But mind you getting a job with it is very difficult so you can go and add to your travel history and come back
Re: Visa Denied by krcboy(m): 8:34pm On Jul 22, 2023
Chinny024:

Cos u haven't been to the US, no family member there, and u are visiting a student...

All attributes points you won't be coming bk and will possibly be an overstay.

If ur father earns 50m annually, u won't be visiting a student but instead he should get u a PR elsewhere for a start..They are trained to detect lies easily...

If u go there again and change ur mouth from this lies you kept in their records, oyo is ur name.

Goodluck next time.

if you read clearly its a student visa not a visit visa Hence why he or she was asked her post graduate plans.
Re: Visa Denied by GreyLaw(m): 10:39pm On Jul 22, 2023
MarketDispatch:
OP,

Your father is the CEO of xyz, he does this and that, yet you are coming back to come and look for job in other company and also to do baking? .

Why are you not returning to come and run your father's biz?

Psychologically that is visa denial...your statement and your intentions don't match.

That's not how the world works!!! George Soros one of the richest men in the world just handed over his whole empire to his youngest son. His other children don't even have anything to do with his fortune. Na poverty and lack of original ideas dey make Nigerians wan go chop food wey their papa chop remain.

1 Like

Re: Visa Denied by ahmedio2017(m): 10:58pm On Jul 22, 2023
steeltrust:
58 dolllars or so I can’t remember now sha
But it take a year plus to come out

If you want to apply and get it quick
Apply for both transit and visitor visa
They will definitely give you visitor visa

But mind you getting a job with it is very difficult so you can go and add to your travel history and come back

What of seeking asylum with visiting visa
Re: Visa Denied by MrRabbi(m): 11:50pm On Jul 22, 2023
How did you got your date ? And what type of Visa did you applied for ?
Re: Visa Denied by YhemmyBloom(m): 12:22am On Jul 23, 2023
Really,i assume you responded and got the visa
DrAda:
Several years ago, I was asked in my interview to state the total number of bones present in the human body.
Re: Visa Denied by Ifakiland(m): 1:15am On Jul 23, 2023
Pheleecity13:
Visa denied today 21st of July, 2023

Vo:Good morning
Me:Good morning

Vo:Have you ever been to the US?
Me:No, I never had a reason to until now

Vo:Do you have a family there?
Me:No, I don't

Vo:Do you know anybody in the US?
Me:Yes, I have my family friend there?

Vo:what does she do there?
Me:she is a student

Vo:who is sponsoring you?
Me:My dad, he is..... (Cuts off)

Vo: what does he do
Me:He is a successful business man, he's the CEO of bleep global services, he deals with the importation of cars and cars spare parts and the exportation of agricultural products, he's also into real estate, he earns 50m annually

Vo:what are your postgraduate plan?
Me: I will be coming back to Nigeria for the compulsory national youth services, after which I will seek employment in top food companies and hotels, I will do that for a while because I will love to start up my own baking shop and culinary school where I can impact knowledge in those that are interested in culinary world.

Typed for a while and passed me the blue paper.

Please what could be wrong?
You not wanting to work at your fathers coy bleeped it up
Re: Visa Denied by Ifakiland(m): 1:17am On Jul 23, 2023
motymop:
He is a successful business man, he's the CEO of bleep global services, he deals with the importation of cars and cars spare parts and the exportation of agricultural products, he's also into real estate, he earns 50m annually

no proof to back it up, maybe the account statement you gave does not correspond correspond with the claim

I will be coming back to Nigeria for the compulsory national youth services, after which I will seek employment in top food companies and hotels, I will do that for a while because I will love to start up my own baking shop and culinary school where I can impact knowledge in those that are interested in culinary world.

it is expected that when you come back you will work for the family business
Exactly, even davido that is a musician also works at his dad's coy. Your dad can't be the ceo of a 50m profit coy and you say you'd be looking for job...that's a lie
Re: Visa Denied by sangfroidJJ: 2:04am On Jul 23, 2023
VisaInfoNL:

Where did you get your PhD?

South Africa! L
Re: Visa Denied by DrAda(f): 2:38am On Jul 23, 2023
YhemmyBloom:

I did and got the visa
Re: Visa Denied by DrAda(f): 2:39am On Jul 23, 2023
YhemmyBloom:

I did and got the visa. It was the only question asked during the interview. I guess she thought that i was lying.
Re: Visa Denied by MarketDispatch: 6:22am On Jul 23, 2023
GreyLaw:

That's not how the world works!!! George Soros one of the richest men in the world just handed over his whole empire to his youngest son. His other children don't even have anything to do with his fortune. Na poverty and lack of original ideas dey make Nigerians wan go chop food wey their papa chop remain.

Tell that to the Consular Officer at US Embassy when you want to collect Visa
Re: Visa Denied by krcboy(m): 7:57am On Jul 23, 2023
Entanglement:
which person pikin no go work for his father so called successful bleep company, but instead the foolish son won go work for top food company instead of his successful papa company undecided

I be visa agent I go even ban you for applying for America visa

lol so if I study nursing and its my passion I should leave my passion to go and deal in spare parts of cars lol you all are shallow minded on here. Its not a must I work for my father.

1 Like

Re: Visa Denied by krcboy(m): 8:05am On Jul 23, 2023
so you all saying the prrson talks to much and answers should be short,lol clearly u all have no idea how visa interview works. those of you saying the answers are too much and off point have zero iq. for instance
VO: Why are you going to us
You: Studies.
as opposed to
Vo: why are you going to the Us?
You: Im going to the Us to pursue my Bachelors degree in computer Science at wright state university located in Dayton Ohio.
. The goal of an interview is to provide the officers information about who you are and your plans.

1 Like

Re: Visa Denied by krcboy(m): 8:09am On Jul 23, 2023
CJStarz:
Prolly because your daddy's company name was a put off....'Bleep......'
Sounds odd

when people say bleep its more like xxxxxxx cos they dont want to say informations in their transcript

1 Like

Re: Visa Denied by krcboy(m): 8:18am On Jul 23, 2023
NaBanga:
Nigerians talk too much. The last 2 answers are the reason you were denied. Always answer the question you are asked. Don't give long answers or unnecessary information.

lol go there and give vague responses na.
this is my transcript and I was approved.

Interview proper:
SCHOOL : EAST TENNESSEE STATE UNIVERSITY
COURSE :Bsc In Computer and Information Science.
COA: 45,000$
* VO : BALD MAN IN ABUJA*
* First Attempt AND LAST ATTEMP*
* 27th June 2023

V.O - Have you travelled outside Nigeria before?

ME- No.

V.O-When did you finish your highschool?

ME- In 2019 sir

V.O- What do you do here in Nigeria

ME- Im currently interning as a junior software developer at Microsoft Nigeria, where my roles includes me writing basic codes, assisting the senior software developers in their day to day tasks and also Testing out new softwares.

V.O - So you are working at Microsoft?

ME - No, Im volunteering as an intern at Microsoft Nigeria.

V.O-Who will be paying for your education?

ME - My father has demonstrated his ability to pay for my studies before my i-20 was issued. He is the Chief Medical Director at Reddington hospital in Lagos, as well as a private Medical Consultant to several hospitals around Lagos. Asides from that , He has set aside a savings account which he intends to fund my education with.

V.O- What will you be doing after your program

ME- I will be returning back to Nigeria for my mandatory NYSC program, Afterwhich I will be applying for a job role as a software developer at the Ministry of Science and Technology in Nigeria where I will be working with government agencies to create software solutions that can enhance citizen engagement. (he nodded)

* Small talk him and I had*

So have you paid your sevis fee? (na here I know e don soft)
Yes and he asked how I did, I said I used western Union and he said ohh Nice that it was fast cos I paid it in yesterday and its always slow going from Nigeria to there. and laughed

2 Likes

Re: Visa Denied by krcboy(m): 8:22am On Jul 23, 2023
ojojonkembu:
In my own opinion u talk too much,in US visa interview u only answer what u are asked.he only ask u ur sponsor,u answered ur father full stop.it was when u are asked what he do for living then that is when u tell him he is a CEO,u also went ahead to mention his annual earning,when u were not asked.ur over talk na him fail u.

you havent met visa officers that wont ask you the follow up question.
Re: Visa Denied by Bestbeelieve: 8:38am On Jul 23, 2023
HacheNoire:

Smokers are liable to die young, has not stopped people from smoking, They just have been notified before purchase.

Same applies to Visas. Applicants are told before purchase.

pfff that you cannot negotiate a better deal doesn't mean one cant get a better deai! Note
Re: Visa Denied by CJStarz: 8:44am On Jul 23, 2023
Ok,now I get it. Thanks for enlightening me

krcboy:

when people say bleep its more like xxxxxxx cos they dont want to say informations in their transcript
Re: Visa Denied by Pheleecity13: 9:30am On Jul 23, 2023
The VO didn't ask for any documents of proof, she asked for nothing
Re: Visa Denied by Pheleecity13: 9:31am On Jul 23, 2023
Thanks so much guys, I've seen where I made mistakes and I will prepare better next time
Re: Visa Denied by Pheleecity13: 9:50am On Jul 23, 2023
[quote author=obaidan post=124569134]No one apart from the VO can tell you for sure, but from the transcript u shared, your response to what your sponsor does for a living sounds like what VO may have heard 6 times in the last 3 hrs before she attended to you.

For your response to your plans after school....how about you needing that education and exposure so you can manage the newly launched cullinary arm of your father's chain of businesses....u should not come back and be seeking employment in "one of" the food companies. As VO I would probably think u will go to the US and spend minimum of 40k dollars over 2 years and come back to join the over 60% unemployment pool, e possible say the VO just see unemployment statics in the news that morning....dey rate urself if u dey US embassy...make it look like u will be equipped with x y and z values that companies in xyz sector desire to have....mention those skills u will have that food companies will desire to have

But like I said, no one can be really sure why u were denied, it's also possible ur responses sounded logical to the VO but ur delivery and confidence wasn't there...

In visa interviews, the most important thing is your ability to make ur story sound compelling. I have seen people get visas and their responses to source of funding na loan and the VO gave them, people have told visa officers, my sponsor works for the Federal Government , just that and their visas got approved. Whatever story u want to tell, ur voice need to convey that compelling thrust.

Like I said, only the visa officer will know for sure. It could also be inconsistencies in ur story with what's on ur ds160...u can tell that, not us. And like someone said it may also be God's will. Can I just say I will come back to head the kitchen in my mom's hotel, introduce new dishes and use the knowledge of hospitality that I've learned to improve the standard of the hotel
Re: Visa Denied by steeltrust: 10:14am On Jul 23, 2023
ahmedio2017:

What of seeking asylum with visiting visa
that one de but are you ready to go through the stress
It not easy

The best is a student, work visa or express entry if you have the money
Re: Visa Denied by ahmedio2017(m): 10:42am On Jul 23, 2023
steeltrust:
that one de but are you ready to go through the stress
It not easy

The best is a student, work visa or express entry if you have the money

How do I secure job honestly the thing tire me any help pls
Re: Visa Denied by VisaInfoNL: 1:04pm On Jul 23, 2023
sangfroidJJ:

South Africa! L
oh okay
Re: Visa Denied by obaidan: 1:36pm On Jul 23, 2023
Pheleecity13:
Can I just say I will come back to head the kitchen in my mom's hotel, introduce new dishes and use the knowledge of hospitality that I've learned to improve the standard of the hotel
The difference between sachet water and bottled water is packaging. You can say u are coming back to do anything, as long as you deliver it to them well packaged. The way u typed it up here is just too ordinary and doesnt sound compelling to me. Meanwhile I don't know about going to do masters to learn new dishes, the VO probably uses YouTube to learn how to cook dishes.
You can learn much more than dishes in school....if it's ur mum's hotel, then u should be learning how to coordinate the general activities of the hotel to get more customers and generate more value, not just how to cook new dishes.
Just research about new trends in hospitality business and u will see what u can tell VO u are going to learn. For example air b n b and short let apartments are using tech to cause serious disruption in the hospitality business, the secret is that they are using effective information management to deliver a customized experience for customers and this is d edge they have over a traditional hotel. A module of your course can address that, where u will be taught how to address this so u can improve customer experience at ur mums hotel and eventually generate more value for the business. The module won't teach u how to code, the module will teach u how to coordinate different vendors that will help u deliver the products that will help u serve ur customers better. Meanwhile it depends on what u were admitted for sha...don't forget u will have little time to deliver ur points. So u must refine any long story and make it short, go straight to the point but capture essential points like, value creation, improve customer experience, expand referral potential, position ur hotel to serve both tech savy client base and the ones that are not..

3 Likes

Re: Visa Denied by steeltrust: 4:22pm On Jul 23, 2023
ahmedio2017:

How do I secure job honestly the thing tire me any help pls
it all about luck and hard work

Their are people with visitor visa who get work visa over there it just how well you put in the work and time

If you live with work visa you have six months to stay their and come back but before the six months expire you might be lucky to get a job and change to a work visa

There’s nothing God can not do
For me I’ll go enjoy my self and come back cause I get america to go which I’m waiting for

1 Like

Re: Visa Denied by Love800(m): 2:30pm On Jul 24, 2023
I dont understand dis ur write-up. Pls can u elaborate more on it?
krcboy:
so you all saying the prrson talks to much and answers should be short,lol clearly u all have no idea how visa interview works. those of you saying the answers are too much and off point have zero iq. for instance
VO: Why are you going to us
You: Studies.
as opposed to
Vo: why are you going to the Us?
You: Im going to the Us to pursue my Bachelors degree in computer Science at wright state university located in Dayton Ohio.
. The goal of an interview is to provide the officers information about who you are and your plans.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Russian Military Plane Crashes In Ivanovo With 15 Onboard; All Dead(photo) / We No Longer Issue Visas To Nigerians – Netherlands Embassy / Jubilating Policeman Falls Off Moving Van In Lagos. Photos & Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.