Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,450 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:35 PM

Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less (34495 Views)

Airfares Drop As Foreign Carriers Unblock Low-priced Tickets / Airfares To UK, US, Others Jump By 55% / Lagos Traffic: Pregnant Woman, Others Pay 500Naira Each To Cross Muddy Road(Vid) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by Jagenziga: 2:09pm On Jul 22, 2023
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by Davicl: 2:10pm On Jul 22, 2023
Ok

1 Like

Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 22, 2023
Is there still anyway forward for Nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by specialmati(m): 2:16pm On Jul 22, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin abeg make una allow the guy recover some of his dollars na
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by HateBigots: 2:16pm On Jul 22, 2023
grin... Man said "I will continue from where Buhari stopped" and you still voted for him.🤣🤣.
Una must get sense by force

10 Likes

Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jul 22, 2023
Fighter2029:
Is there still anyway forward for Nigeria?
Chairman, this thing is really frightening, Aswear.
Like play, like play, Dem don dey wipe out the middle class. Soon Nigerians would be classified as either Super-Rich or Miserably-Poor, with the latter in the vast majority.
It is really sad ooo.
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:19pm On Jul 22, 2023
Tinubu led FG is at war with his citizens that want to japaa. But God pass them. sad

3 Likes

Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by Jeffyblaq(m): 2:19pm On Jul 22, 2023
My humble regards to the following :
Dr Unago. C. Shege, Prof. Unaneva C. Enitin, and every agbadorians.. I greet una.

Bye for now. 🙋‍♂️

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by tnerro1(m): 2:22pm On Jul 22, 2023
I just tire for this country, are we ever going to make progress??

1 Like

Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by Oritna94(m): 2:26pm On Jul 22, 2023
The country is so messed up. It is terrible
Anytime I come into naija airport na so my heart got the beat fast because of those touts wey full the airport. But as soon as return see peace of mind. Naija needs to be reborn

3 Likes

Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by Reference(m): 2:28pm On Jul 22, 2023
In only 8 and a half years, see what the APC has turned Nigeria to.

President Buhari and his infamous government will go down as the biggest democratic mistake of modern times.
'It is his right, it is his right.....' the ignorant people were chanting. His right to do anything he felt as a bonafide autocrat, a juggernaut without brake or steering. His right to borrow wily nily, his right to print naira recklessly... knowing not that they all supported their doom.

Today we are looking for the products of all the borrowings and naira photocopy to help re-float the economy.... alas none.
No jobs created, no businesses established, zero productivity. It all went to contractor friends, family and consultant ass-lickers to squander, share and waste on white elephants that have proven to be sterile.

This is the result.
Today they have dumped the problem on the hapless citizen that could not hold them accountable for all of 8 years to solve by giving an arm and a leg while they still roam around town in their limousines and sit to plot the next heists on their 70 billion naira furniture.

What a feudal country this is teeming with the weakest citizens on earth.
Not even one dissenting voice demanding for accountability for the disaster of 8 years.
Not one.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by RepoMan007: 2:28pm On Jul 22, 2023
Even in food stuff market, once you cross borders, things become cheaper.
Nigeria is a wonderful country. It is like a corruption pyramid where the most corrupt occupy the top.

4 Likes

Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by Kaa4(m): 2:28pm On Jul 22, 2023
Reading through i dsicover that there is no corect econmic staeemet here. The issue is that there is higher traffic ifrom Nigeria which should push down the price, but there is no reproticity. Then the high traffic is complemented by by unstable enviroment forced by instability and delayed exchanger transfrer. So, bascially the airlines are all exploiting the unease in Nigeria with the issue of high traffic. The goverment cannot intervene because the issue is basically imposed by the airlines. Only good competition and ceompetiive enviroment will force the price down.

So airlines would not abandon the Nigerian route no matter how tough or unstable. It is lucrattive at least by 2 times of the normal routes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by Orubebe01: 2:28pm On Jul 22, 2023
grin shege a-thon

1 Like

Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by Reference(m): 2:30pm On Jul 22, 2023
Oritna94:
The country is so messed up. It is terrible
Anytime I come into naija airport na so my heart got the beat fast because of those touts wey full the airport. But as soon as return see peace of mind. Naija needs to be reborn

Better demand for restructuring for there is no human born in Nigeria that can change this country without the express permission and support of ALL citizens.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by RepoMan007: 2:30pm On Jul 22, 2023
Kaa4:
Reading through i dsicover that there is no corect econmic staeemet here. The issue is that there is higher traffic ifrom Nigeria which should push down the price, but there is no reproticity. Then the high traffic is complemented by by unstable enviroment forced by instability and delayed exchanger transfrer. So, bascially the airlines are all exploiting the unease in Nigeria with the issue of high traffic. The goverment cannot intervene because the issue is basically imposed by the airlines. Only good competition and ceompetiive enviroment will force the price down.

So airlines would not abandon the Nigerian route no matter how tough or unstable. It is lucrattive at least by 2 times of the normal routes.
Thank you. Even in cities, few markets sell cheaper than some other markers around. It is like a trade union/mafia set up.

2 Likes

Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by SalamRushdie: 2:30pm On Jul 22, 2023
Nigeria is a a very wicked environment with very wicked govt

2 Likes

Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by RepoMan007: 2:32pm On Jul 22, 2023
TOPCRUISE:
Tinubu led FG is at war with his citizens that want to japaa. But God pass them. sad
this one goes all the way to low level. Just do small research about food stuff prices beyond Nigeria's border and recieve some shock.
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by Henry22(m): 2:35pm On Jul 22, 2023
Agbadorians are paying normal price grin

2 Likes

Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by Eriokanmi: 2:37pm On Jul 22, 2023
Candidlady:
Just last night my friend was still complaining bout this..

Seems Ghana and those other countries are closer to US and Canada.. very funny

This country Sha
Tell your fiend to take a cab from the seme or idi iroko border to the Benin airport. It won't cost more than 80k. Fly for less than 500k to any European destination and up to 745k to the Americas. Get immigration pass at the border from both the Nigerian and benenois sides. This would aid your check in at thehr Airport without hassles. You'd feel at home there as you hear our people who are Benin citizens speak Yoruba to you. Everywhere is calm.

Leave Nigeria and their useless leaders and supporters. I hope they won't destroy the heritage put in place by our forefathers someday with their bad policies which are being hailed by their blind supporters. Our youths will learn the hard way. Time never reach dem to gain wisdom.

They think Benin Republic too doesn't import petroleum products, including petrol and aviation fuel like we do right? How many of our petrol tankers are being smuggled into Benin as claimed by these thieves in govt? They keep deceiving the gullible youths and they too are always swallowing their lies hook,.like and sinker.

Life is normal in Benin despite the removal of petrol subsidy. Don't let them bother you again with their lies. I expect international flight to become so expensive in Benin after the subsidy removal but its over 200% cheaper than what we have back home. Nigeria will remain stagnant until we remove propaganda from our polity, just to have our ways. One website called nairametrics claimed dollar hit 1,000 yesterday at the black market . This is a pure lie. Rather, it crashed to 850 naira. I sold a few yesterday. Some bdcs bought at 845 too. I didn't sell to the guy i first contacted cos his rate was too low. Propaganda won't help us as a nation. Google the owner of nairametrics.com

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by 07kjb: 2:41pm On Jul 22, 2023
Paperwhite:
This is the ripple effects of fraudulently enthroning criminals in government. From Buhari to Tinubu. From shege to shege promax. Una well done o. Food don done!

That's it bro they will keep making things worst and will try to hide their failures comparing NIGERIA with other failed countries

Is this how the country will get better

1 Like

Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by rectitude(m): 2:44pm On Jul 22, 2023
Lol
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by djseanjohn77: 2:44pm On Jul 22, 2023
Islie:
Nigerians pay 3 times higher FG must resolve trapped funds to ease business – Agents Citizens selling property to ‘Japa’ There is no end…

Even those that have never traveled before are commenting. All you need do is ask someone from outside Naija to book your ticket from outside for you. The problem is really with our agencies handling these bookings. Wanted to book flight for my family to come spend a vacation in May, ticket from wakanow cost about 1.2 million, meanwhile, i just checked from agencies in my location, it was cheaper but i had to pay with my credit card, it was way cheaper, 400k difference.

Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by iSense247: 2:46pm On Jul 22, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Tell your fiend to take a cab from the seme or idi iroko border to the Benin airport. It won't cost more than 80k. Fly for less than 500k to any European destination and up to 745k to the Americas. Get immigration pass at the border from both the Nigerian and benenois sides. This would aid your check in at thehr Airport without hassles. You'd feel at home there as you hear our people who are Benin citizens speak Yoruba to you. Everywhere is calm.

Leave Nigeria and ttheir useless leaders and supporters. I hope they wont destroy the heritage put in place by our forefathers someday with their bad policies which are being supported by their blind supporters. Our youths will learn the hard way. Time never reach dem to gain wisdom.

They think Benin Republic too doesn't import petroleum products, including petrol and aviation fuel like we do right? How many of our petrol tankers are being snuggled into Benin as claimed by these thieves in govt? They keep deceiving the gullible youths and they too are always swallowing their lies hook,.like and sinker.

Life is normal in Benin despite the removal of petrol subsidy. Don't let them bother you again with their lies. I expect international flight to become so expensive in Benin after the subsidy removal but its over 200% cheaper than what we have back home. Nigeria will remain stagnant until we remove propaganda from our polity, just to have our ways. One website called nairametrics claimed dollar hit 1,000 yesterday at the black market . This is a pure lie. Rather, it crashed to 850 naira. I sold a few yesterday. Some bdcs bought at 845 too. I didn't sell to the guy i first contacted cos his rate was too low. Propaganda won't help us as a nation. Google the owner of nairametrics.com
Bro, Where will I make payment for ticket, from Nigeria or when I get to Cotonou?

If it is from Cotonou, how will I move my money into their country?

How long can it take to use Cotonou airport?
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by PoliteActivist: 2:48pm On Jul 22, 2023
gabmanuel:
That's the effect of Kakistocracy...

End time Kakistocracy

For those who don't have Google, see below

1 Like

Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by Yampotatocarrot(m): 2:54pm On Jul 22, 2023
Since the borders are open, let those that want to travel go to Cotonou and travel from there... There's a difference of almost 400k or so in the flight to London between travelling from Lagos and travelling from Cotonou
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by Eriokanmi: 2:58pm On Jul 22, 2023
iSense247:
Bro, Where will I make payment for ticket, from Nigeria or when I get to Cotonou?

If it is from Cotonou, how will I move my money into their country?

How long can it take to use Cotonou airport?
There are airlines desks there at the airport just the way we have them here in Nigeria. They accept usd, cad dollars , euros and cefa Its better you have either usd or euro handy. Cefa is more valuable than naira now sef

1 Like

Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by gonkin(m): 2:59pm On Jul 22, 2023
APC supporters. How far.

Dont drink poison because a drink was served you with ur tribal cup.

I hope y'all choke on it
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by Harrynight(m): 3:01pm On Jul 22, 2023
Sometimes I wish all nigerian leaders will find themselves inside one big hall and Boko Harran just do what they know how to do Best

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. / How Long Does It Take To Get A Tourist Visa To Uk / Christmas: Train In High Demand In Nigeria (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.