Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,049 members, 7,810,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less (34491 Views)

Airfares Drop As Foreign Carriers Unblock Low-priced Tickets / Airfares To UK, US, Others Jump By 55% / Lagos Traffic: Pregnant Woman, Others Pay 500Naira Each To Cross Muddy Road(Vid) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by LivingSage: 5:05pm On Jul 22, 2023
This woman, cuss words NEVER ceased from your mouth. Mother for that matter

Besides so you're hiding behind this moniker.

ClearFlair:

Ronu idiots

Ori yin ti daru

1 Like

Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by femicyrus(m): 5:06pm On Jul 22, 2023
Extortion, bribery, multiple taxation and corruption are the basic reasons the entire nation is suffering.
The more money the few in charge are making, the more the sufferings of Nigerians.

ICPC AND EFCC has failed
How many uniform men have they prosecuted for extortion at the airport, at the border and on any road in Nigeria?
How many airport officials have they arrested for bribery and corruption?

An item with landing cost of N205 sells in the market for N1500 in Nigeria because of all this wicked people in uniform and tie

3 Likes

Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by enemyofprogress: 5:19pm On Jul 22, 2023
Tinubu is working I swear

1 Share

Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by benqo01(m): 5:34pm On Jul 22, 2023
Harrynight:
Sometimes I wish all nigerian leaders will find themselves inside one big hall and Boko Harran just do what they know how to do Best

BOKO HARAM IS USELESS ALL THEY DO IS KILL INNOCENT CITIZENS AND LET THE BIG THIEF GO FREE OMO NAIJA IS NOT FOR TBE WEAK

1 Like

Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by benqo01(m): 5:36pm On Jul 22, 2023
IT IS A VERY BIG SHAME AND SOMEONE SAID NIG ECONOMY BEEN MAINTAINING THE STREAK FOR STRAIGHT FIVE YEARS AS D BEST

THIS IS VERY UNTRUE AND A BLATANT LIE HOW DOES IT ADD VALUE TO D LIFE OF AN AVERAGE NIG

IT SHALL NEVER BE WELL WITH ALL THOSE WHO PLUNGE THIS COUNTRY INTO THIS MESS
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by westfield: 5:39pm On Jul 22, 2023
Where did u guys do your analysis because checking wakanow your fares don't correspond
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by Mozegee: 5:45pm On Jul 22, 2023
God knows if am opportune to get my visa. It will not take me anything to travel to cotonu or Togo to move to my destination. From nija to cotonu or Togo will not cost me up to 100 k so while waiting millions here

1 Like

Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by Mozegee: 5:49pm On Jul 22, 2023
westfield:
Where did u guys do your analysis because checking wakanow your fares don't correspond
. You are right checking on wakanow their analysis is wrong and fares are cheap

2 Likes

Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by Alliswell248: 5:53pm On Jul 22, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
Renewed shege on THE beat.

Renewed shege for Ipob.
Renewed hope for Nigerians.

Make your choice.

1 Like

Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by yusluvad(m): 6:00pm On Jul 22, 2023
Every little and big private organizations are seriously taking advantage of the bad governance in Nigeria. When will this country get it right
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by Mozegee: 6:01pm On Jul 22, 2023
I don't know who you are but you are a good person,pure in heart and mentally sound.u hope to come across you one day.
Eriokanmi:
Tell your fiend to take a cab from the seme or idi iroko border to the Benin airport. It won't cost more than 80k. Fly for less than 500k to any European destination and up to 745k to the Americas. Get immigration pass at the border from both the Nigerian and benenois sides. This would aid your check in at thehr Airport without hassles. You'd feel at home there as you hear our people who are Benin citizens speak Yoruba to you. Everywhere is calm.

Leave Nigeria and ttheir useless leaders and supporters. I hope they wont destroy the heritage put in place by our forefathers someday with their bad policies which are being supported by their blind supporters. Our youths will learn the hard way. Time never reach dem to gain wisdom.

They think Benin Republic too doesn't import petroleum products, including petrol and aviation fuel like we do right? How many of our petrol tankers are being snuggled into Benin as claimed by these thieves in govt? They keep deceiving the gullible youths and they too are always swallowing their lies hook,.like and sinker.

Life is normal in Benin despite the removal of petrol subsidy. Don't let them bother you again with their lies. I expect international flight to become so expensive in Benin after the subsidy removal but its over 200% cheaper than what we have back home. Nigeria will remain stagnant until we remove propaganda from our polity, just to have our ways. One website called nairametrics claimed dollar hit 1,000 yesterday at the black market . This is a pure lie. Rather, it crashed to 850 naira. I sold a few yesterday. Some bdcs bought at 845 too. I didn't sell to the guy i first contacted cos his rate was too low. Propaganda won't help us as a nation. Google the owner of nairametrics.com
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by Eriokanmi: 6:09pm On Jul 22, 2023
IbeOkehie:

There's nothing "normal" about life in Benin Republic. There's very few Black African nations with good living standards. The real propaganda is how one African country or another is always singled out as a the new venue for the long anticipated Afro-Renaissance. It ALWAYS turns out to be exaggerated nonsense.

Nigeria was once touted as the new paradise in the 1950's and then in the early 2000's. I got taken in by that lie grin
Then it was Ghana with it's new crude oil discovery, we should have asked what happened to the money from their gold and cocoa?
Next was Ethiopia, now that country is dealing with a big political and economic crisis, I think a Civil War is ongoing.
Right now the reigning story is Rwanda.... grin

None of these SUCCESS STORIES ever turns out to be real or viable in the long run. Benin Republic is just another poor FRENCH COLONY,, they don't even print their own currency and their monetary and defense policy is dictated from France, by LEGAL AGREEMENT.

Benin Republic exists for the convenience and enrichment of FRANCE, it's just as underdeveloped as the rest of Black Africa. The only safe and stable African countries are Botswana, Namibia and a few others and we know exactly why they're like that. It's time Africans stopped lying to themselves and stop faking and do what's needed to develop their Continent.

Good Luck to Nigerians!
I see your post as nothing but consolation. I'm Nigerian too, just like you and I want the best out of her. Truth be told, Nigeria isn't the way it used to be in terms of development and living standards as it used to be. Have you been to Benin Republic in the 90s and recently? Must everything collapse before we accept the truth. The flights going to same destination from 2 different countries which are less than 200km apart has over 1.3m naira difference. If this doesn't worry you, then you're simply lying to yourself.

Every home has light uninterrupted in Benin Republic. It has good roads and currency that remained stable for decades. I was at Apapa in Benin recently. I was like.. wow! 1k naira used to be worth over 10k cefa. They're not crude exporters mind you.. you'd meet your car intact anywhere you parked outside, days after. We locked our borders with them for years, thinking they obky depended on us to survive yet, their economy didn't crumble and their currency remained stable. The last time I checked , we were the ones who were badly hit.

In the 80s, 90s, up till late 2000s, Benin Republic used to send their children to Nigeria as house maids cos of our strong currency. Look everywhere today, they've disappeared. Cefa has overtaken naira. Check it yourself. I visit Benin regularly. The last time I checked, Nigeria is the poverty hq of the world, not Benin Republic. What does that mean to you, development or progress?

You said Benin doesn't print their own country, does Nigeria print their own naira? What of our international passport?
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by Mozegee: 6:09pm On Jul 22, 2023
iSense247:

Is it not too risky to travel to Cotonou with such amount of money? Or is online payment possible in this situation?
dont you have a bank
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by Eriokanmi: 6:13pm On Jul 22, 2023
iSense247:

Is it not too risky to travel to Cotonou with such amount of money? Or is online payment possible in this situation?
Naija banks dey cotonou too nah. You can withdraw from your dom account there
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by Ezmans: 6:16pm On Jul 22, 2023
If tinubu win the tribunal by the time he finished his four years naira will be like this

Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by October1960: 6:29pm On Jul 22, 2023
Corruption and dealing with the incompetent fools and thieves at FAAN.
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by Ikpunnegi01: 7:00pm On Jul 22, 2023
Any person wey get pot belly this season doesn't know what God had done for him!
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by delpee(f): 7:29pm On Jul 22, 2023
I'm wondering why it is difficult to support one of our airlines to fly the London route.
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by Goddyrichie(m): 7:30pm On Jul 22, 2023
Islie:

https://dailytrust.com/intl-travels-airfares-hit-rooftop-in-nigeria-as-ghanaians-beninese-others-pay-less/
I wish I can see the angle God sent to direct me to Nigeria 🇳🇬 make we exchange blow
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by Goddyrichie(m): 7:30pm On Jul 22, 2023
Islie:

https://dailytrust.com/intl-travels-airfares-hit-rooftop-in-nigeria-as-ghanaians-beninese-others-pay-less/
I wish I can see the angle God sent to direct me to Nigeria 🇳🇬 make we exchange blow
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by Exceed15: 7:34pm On Jul 22, 2023
May APC supporters suffer more.
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by aklid(m): 7:37pm On Jul 22, 2023
I love how this is going 💪💪💪
Very very loving….
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by Cromagnon: 8:25pm On Jul 22, 2023
Reference:
In only 8 and a half years, see what the APC has turned Nigeria to.

President Buhari and his infamous government will go down as the biggest democratic mistake of modern times.
'It is his right, it is his right.....' the ignorant people were chanting. His right to do anything he felt as a bonafide autocrat, a juggernaut without brake or steering. His right to borrow wily nily, his right to print naira recklessly... knowing not that they all supported their doom.

Is it not his right? Or you don't want democracy again?

Today we are looking for the products of all the borrowings and naira photocopy to help re-float the economy.... alas none.
No jobs created, no businesses established, zero productivity. It all went to contractor friends, family and consultant ass-lickers to squander, share and waste on white elephants that have proven to be sterile.

How many of you are looking for the loans?
Show evidence of this search

This is the result.
Today they have dumped the problem on the hapless citizen that could not hold them accountable for all of 8 years to solve by giving an arm and a leg while they still roam around town in their limousines and sit to plot the next heists on their 70 billion naira furniture.

Whose responsibility did you think it was
Only a fool expects another man to solve his problems
It is always the citizens responsibility

What a feudal country this is teeming with the weakest citizens on earth.

You can leave or you can get strong
Your choice

Not even one dissenting voice demanding for accountability for the disaster of 8 years.
Not one.
toh
Just you lamenting instead of fixing it

1 Like

Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by UNDFTD: 8:29pm On Jul 22, 2023
Well, I am NOT sure why people are crying about the hardship that citizens of the failed and useless country, Nigeria, are undergoing. All of you that support One Nigeria believe that it will get better and I share your sentiment that it will get better. But unfortunately, it will NOT get better in your lifetime and not even your children's. So, I advise you to be prepared to suffer more than you have ever suffered and smile while you go through it, and keep hope alive!

1 Like

Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by Cromagnon: 8:30pm On Jul 22, 2023
Kaa4:
Reading through i dsicover that there is no corect econmic staeemet here.

What does high demand and fixes supply equal?
The issue is that there is higher traffic ifrom Nigeria which should push down the price, but there is no reproticity. Then the high traffic is complemented by by unstable enviroment forced by instability and delayed exchanger transfrer. So, bascially the airlines are all exploiting the unease in Nigeria with the issue of high traffic. The goverment cannot intervene because the issue is basically imposed by the airlines. Only good competition and ceompetiive enviroment will force the price down.

Where is the competition
Do we have an airline?

So airlines would not abandon the Nigerian route no matter how tough or unstable. It is lucrattive at least by 2 times of the normal routes.
exactly
All economic laws obeyed
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by Cromagnon: 8:31pm On Jul 22, 2023
Reference:

Better demand for restructuring for there is no human born in Nigeria that can change this country without the express permission and support of ALL citizens.
what's different in federal state or local failure?
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by Cromagnon: 8:42pm On Jul 22, 2023
onuman:

In bold Venezuela 🇻🇪
Venezuela and Nigeria- two of the world's oil producing giants but the poverty capitals of the world.
This is a lesson for the Buharis of Arewa who think that cheap cash from crude oil is all that a country needs to survive. Today's political quagmire in Nigeria was created by Arewa because of lust for cheap cash from crude oil.

odua and Biafra also shared in the oil money o
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by Cromagnon: 8:48pm On Jul 22, 2023
benqo01:
IT IS A VERY BIG SHAME AND SOMEONE SAID NIG ECONOMY BEEN MAINTAINING THE STREAK FOR STRAIGHT FIVE YEARS AS D BEST

THIS IS VERY UNTRUE AND A BLATANT LIE HOW DOES IT ADD VALUE TO D LIFE OF AN AVERAGE NIG

IT SHALL NEVER BE WELL WITH ALL THOSE WHO PLUNGE THIS COUNTRY INTO THIS MESS

you realise that includes you?
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by AfonjaPriest: 9:21pm On Jul 22, 2023
Regional tribalists packaged Buhari and did everything to make him president of Nigeria, he brought along his portmanteau of curses. to rain on Nigeria and Nigerians.
The regional tribalists were not ready to listen, however. They went and repackaged Tinubu and rigged an election to force him on Nigeria and Nigerians; he added nightmare to the can of curses Buhari delivered.
The regional tribalists are suffering and frowning, yet they are still defending and celebrating the cause of their woes.
When they die, who will celebrate them? Is it their tribalism or their foolishness?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder / New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. / Christmas: Train In High Demand In Nigeria (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.