Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less (34500 Views)

Airfares Drop As Foreign Carriers Unblock Low-priced Tickets / Airfares To UK, US, Others Jump By 55% / Lagos Traffic: Pregnant Woman, Others Pay 500Naira Each To Cross Muddy Road(Vid) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by Lawalemi(m): 9:31pm On Jul 22, 2023
On this issue, Buhari is an Id!ot.
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by Hahnemann: 9:49pm On Jul 22, 2023
Mozegee:
God knows if am opportune to get my visa. It will not take me anything to travel to cotonu or Togo to move to my destination. From nija to cotonu or Togo will not cost me up to 100 k so while waiting millions here

Is this even possible?
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by Osa0(m): 10:07pm On Jul 22, 2023
If they don't have a C of O. It's ain't a so terrible idea. Cos they might still forfeit the land anyways.
Fibonacci88:
Not a good time to japa. If u sell car to japa no probs but selling ur land or building just to pay for air ticket it's an ill thought idea.

2 Likes

Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by IbeOkehie: 10:20pm On Jul 22, 2023
Eriokanmi:
I see your post as nothing but consolation. I'm Nigerian too, just like you and I want the best out of her. Truth be told, Nigeria isn't the way it used to be in terms of development and living standards as it used to be. Have you been to Benin Republic in the 90s and recently? Must everything collapse before we accept the truth. The flights going to same destination from 2 different countries which are less than 200km apart has over 1.3m naira difference. If this doesn't worry you, then you're simply lying to yourself.

Every home has light uninterrupted in Benin Republic. It has good roads and currency that remained stable for decades. I was at Apapa in Benin recently. I was like.. wow! 1k naira used to be worth over 10k cefa. They're not crude exporters mind you.. you'd meet your car intact anywhere you parked outside, days after. We locked our borders with them for years, thinking they obky depended on us to survive yet, their economy didn't crumble and their currency remained stable. The last time I checked , we were the ones who were badly hit.

In the 80s, 90s, up till late 2000s, Benin Republic used to send their children to Nigeria as house maids cos of our strong currency. Look everywhere today, they've disappeared. Cefa has overtaken naira. Check it yourself. I visit Benin regularly. The last time I checked, Nigeria is the poverty hq of the world, not Benin Republic. What does that mean to you, development or progress?

You said Benin doesn't print their own country, does Nigeria print their own naira? What of our international passport?

Benin Republic is just another poor, undeveloped, mismanaged Black African cesspool. Maybe it's better than Nigeria but that's as meaningless as saying Sweden is better than Canada.

I remember how people would say everywhere in Ghana has 24hr electricity then I found out it was just some sections of major cities. Well Nigerians should move over to Benin Republic and go live there. Nonsense.

Fibonacci88:
Not a good time to japa. If u sell car to japa no probs but selling ur land or building just to pay for air ticket it's an ill thought idea.

Nobody owns land in Nigeria. All land is property of the government. You can't sell what you don't own.

Good Luck to Nigerians!
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by Eriokanmi: 10:25pm On Jul 22, 2023
IbeOkehie:

Benin Republic is just another poor, undeveloped, mismanaged Black African cesspool. Maybe it's better than Nigeria but that's as meaningless as saying Sweden is better than Canada.

I remember how people would say everywhere in Ghana has 24hr electricity then I found out it was just some sections of major cities. Well Nigerians should move over to Benin Republic and go live there. Nonsense.

Good Luck to Nigerians!
Benin had light everywhere and this is what i know, what I've seen with my eyes. Internet too is at speed of light. Have you been there before? Go find out yourself instead of being in doubt of my claim. You don't need to get angry or take it personal. You don't have to dwell on whatever I told you also. You may also ask anyone you know, who has been there . Amazingly, Nigeria's grid runs into Benin Republic.

I've not been to Ghana before so I can't say anything about Ghana. But something must have encouraged the likes of Unilever, Michelin, Nigerite, Dunlop, PZ , etc to relocate their factories there and left Nigeria
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by tete7000(m): 3:28am On Jul 23, 2023
Nigeria is just in crisis and the crisis are created by our corrupt ways of life.

2 Likes

Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by Blackdisciple(m): 8:08am On Jul 23, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
Renewed shege on THE beat.

Them never chichomchin yet
renewed hopelessness
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by bdon12: 11:44am On Jul 23, 2023
Islie:

https://dailytrust.com/intl-travels-airfares-hit-rooftop-in-nigeria-as-ghanaians-beninese-others-pay-less/
This is not true.I tried buying ticket myself via wakanow.com using cotonou/abuja/accra as departure points n d prices were similar.

1 Like

Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by sunboy(m): 4:15pm On Jul 23, 2023
A lot of Nigerians are japa-ing to the UK, it is natural for airlines to hike the price for flights going to UK and other western countries from Nigeria knowing fully that Nigerians are going at all cost. While their funding problem is part of the issue, generally airlines are some of the greediest business people.
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by iSense247: 4:22pm On Jul 23, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Naija banks dey cotonou too nah. You can withdraw from your dom account there
Mozegee:
dont you have a bank
Can I access my bank account from outside Nigeria?
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by Eriokanmi: 4:40pm On Jul 23, 2023
iSense247:
Can I access my bank account from outside Nigeria?
In cotonou, yes. But confirm that your bank has a branch there first.
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by iSense247: 4:56pm On Jul 23, 2023
Eriokanmi:
In cotonou, yes. But confirm that your bank has a branch there first.
Thanks for your response.

Can I do these things on my own without passing through an agent? I have never been to Cotonou before now.
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by Eriokanmi: 5:15pm On Jul 23, 2023
iSense247:
Thanks for your response.

Can I do these things on my own without passing through an agent? I have never been to Cotonou before now.
Yes naw. Go to your bank and ask if they have a branch in cotonou. Or ask for any bank that has a branch there and open an account with them. You may open a dom account with them and put your dollars there. But ask first, if you can be able to withdraw your money from the dom account when you get to Cotonou. Go to the airport and buy your ticket. Its safer that way than carrying cash across the border.

Alternatively, tell your people you're going to meet and any of your relations abroad to buy your ticket for you. Get to Cotonou and withdraw your money, fly and pay your relation when you get to your destination as agreed. Good luck.
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by iSense247: 5:21pm On Jul 23, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Yes naw. Go to your bank and ask if they have a branch in cotonou. Or ask for any bank that has a branch there and open an account with them. You may open a dom account with them and put your dollars there. But ask first, if you can be able to withdraw your money from the dom account when you get to Cotonou. Go to the airport and buy your ticket. Its safer that way than carrying cash across the border.

Alternatively, tell your people you're going to meet and any of your relations abroad to buy your ticket for you. Get to Cotonou and withdraw your money, fly and pay your relation when you get to your destination as agreed. Good luck.
Wow! God bless you Bro.

1 Like

Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by LinkTank: 6:44pm On Jul 28, 2023
The ticket prices seem to be same with naija own on the airline/ticketing sites, are the prices only lower if purchased physically at the Cotonu airport??
Thanks.

Eriokanmi:

Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by Eriokanmi: 10:13pm On Jul 28, 2023
LinkTank:
The ticket prices seem to be same with naija own on the airline/ticketing sites, are the prices only lower if purchased physically at the Cotonu airport??
Thanks.

I observed that too earlier today when i checked for someone. I guess Nigerians had thronged Benin to buy tickets, after the news, causing foreign airlines there to quickly adjust their rates. Every organisation wants to make profit, of course, only that Benin citizens who wish to travel, would be badly affected. Rates were so low in the past weeks.
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by LinkTank: 7:37am On Jul 29, 2023
Hmmmm....... can you suggest any other alternative??

Eriokanmi:
I observed that too earlier today when i checked for someone. I guess Nigerians had thronged Benin to buy tickets, after the news, causing foreign airlines there to quickly adjust their rates. Every organisation wants to make profit, of course, only that Benin citizens who wish to travel, would be badly affected. Rates were so low in the past weeks.
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by Eriokanmi: 12:08pm On Jul 29, 2023
LinkTank:
Hmmmm....... can you suggest any other alternative??

keep checking bro. I knew Nigerians would flood the place on hearing that news. The rush would not last long. Summer ends around August ending and everyone can rest
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by LinkTank: 1:19pm On Jul 29, 2023
Thanks.

Eriokanmi:
keep checking bro. I knew Nigerians would flood the place on hearing that news. The rush would not last long. Summer ends around August ending and everyone can rest
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by whatisthetruth: 10:27am On Apr 07
Just say the latest thread on price competition supposedly due to Air Peace :-

https://www.nairaland.com/8053953/foreign-carriers-engage-price-war

Had to go back and check prices and WOW shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. / How Long Does It Take To Get A Tourist Visa To Uk / Don’t Open Your Car Trunk From Inside For Police Or Anyone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.