Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:52 AM

Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less (34498 Views)

Airfares Drop As Foreign Carriers Unblock Low-priced Tickets / Airfares To UK, US, Others Jump By 55% / Lagos Traffic: Pregnant Woman, Others Pay 500Naira Each To Cross Muddy Road(Vid) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by mightymuy: 3:06pm On Jul 22, 2023
Pls. How is the flight ticket payment been made in Cotonou, is it with Naira, Cfa, or Dollar?
Eriokanmi:
Tell your fiend to take a cab from the seme or idi iroko border to the Benin airport. It won't cost more than 80k. Fly for less than 500k to any European destination and up to 745k to the Americas. Get immigration pass at the border from both the Nigerian and benenois sides. This would aid your check in at thehr Airport without hassles. You'd feel at home there as you hear our people who are Benin citizens speak Yoruba to you. Everywhere is calm.

Leave Nigeria and ttheir useless leaders and supporters. I hope they wont destroy the heritage put in place by our forefathers someday with their bad policies which are being supported by their blind supporters. Our youths will learn the hard way. Time never reach dem to gain wisdom.

They think Benin Republic too doesn't import petroleum products, including petrol and aviation fuel like we do right? How many of our petrol tankers are being snuggled into Benin as claimed by these thieves in govt? They keep deceiving the gullible youths and they too are always swallowing their lies hook,.like and sinker.

Life is normal in Benin despite the removal of petrol subsidy. Don't let them bother you again with their lies. I expect international flight to become so expensive in Benin after the subsidy removal but its over 200% cheaper than what we have back home. Nigeria will remain stagnant until we remove propaganda from our polity, just to have our ways. One website called nairametrics claimed dollar hit 1,000 yesterday at the black market . This is a pure lie. Rather, it crashed to 850 naira. I sold a few yesterday. Some bdcs bought at 845 too. I didn't sell to the guy i first contacted cos his rate was too low. Propaganda won't help us as a nation. Google the owner of nairametrics.com
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by DaddyGngeess(m): 3:11pm On Jul 22, 2023
Actually this didn't start today as far back as 2014 Turkish airline ticket from Abuja to Istanbul was 200k plus while from Ghana was just 90k i had to fly from Ghana that year, the rush in Nigeria to travel is too much, 2018 alot of my guys where traveling from cotonu to Canada and the ticket was just 300 to 400k plus then while in Nigeria was between 600 to 800k then

1 Like

Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by wealthyvic1: 3:13pm On Jul 22, 2023
EKONGKING:
When foreign airline cannot transfer their money back to their home countries ,this is what u expect.

Forget all other reasons of demand bullshit etc.
There are hundreds of routes across the world which are more busy than Lagos to London served by same number of flights .

But no air routes in world except to Venezuela has these kind of crazy airfares in dollars.

People do not seem to get it ,Buhari has practically driven Nigeria to ground , we are just months away from Venezuela and srilanka kind of situation.

THAT IS THE REALITY.
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by onuman: 3:17pm On Jul 22, 2023
It's to ensure that a few can only escape the program of population depopulation of black people starting with Africa's most populated country; a program which kicked off since 2020 under the arrangement of the people steering APC.
Guess why the owner of Nigeria has kept mute over the affairs of Nigeria in recent months.
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by emerged01(m): 3:17pm On Jul 22, 2023
EKONGKING:
When foreign airline cannot transfer their money back to their home countries ,this is what u expect.

There are hundreds of routes across the world which are more busy than Lagos to London served by same number of flights .

But no air routes in world except to Venezuela has these kind of crazy airfares in dollars.

People do not seem to get it ,Buhari has practically driven Nigeria to ground , we are just months away from Venezuela and srilanka kind of situation.
People dont know. I tried explaining the situation to people but they dont want to hear. Yea,I understand,what can you explain to a hungry man?
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by TollinsN: 3:18pm On Jul 22, 2023
Only the intelligent ones will absolve our local politics from this issues. Counties don't fight countries with ARTILLERIES again. They simply use the uninformed ones within the country to do that (using ARTILLERIES) by seriously funding & making them insurgents (Like BOKO HARAM. ISIS etc) to destabilize the country. They now wage economic/trade war from from the rear. It's only if a set of revolutionalists occupied the Presidency, Senate & House of representatives who are prepared to die in the course of their struggle to liberate us gets to power, that we can make a difference.
Nigeria is surrounded by Francophone counties. They were never our economic friends, they are only our political friends
Imagine UK frustrating AIR PEACE from getting approval to fly passengers from Nigeria to UK so that Nigeria operators can make the cost of flight can come down
Imagine Benin Republic charging Nigeria 4x what she charged other West African countries to allow Ships to & from Nigeria sail through their waters
Imagine Benin Republic and Chad allowing massive ammunitions be smuggled into Nigeria with low clearance fee at their end.
THIS WORLD ECONOMIC WAR IS REAL. The foundation of Third World War is being laid.

1 Like

Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by Dyfynezz12(m): 3:21pm On Jul 22, 2023
Sometimes it's as if Nigeria is cursed,like y is it
That our own things 're always different.
Instead wey person go wake up hear good news na bad bad news from left,right,centre.

Na only God fit help person cox dy thing dy touch every1 no matter how ur money long reach.
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by onuman: 3:24pm On Jul 22, 2023
EKONGKING:

But no air routes in world except to Venezuela has [/b]these kind of crazy airfares in dollars.

[b]In bold Venezuela 🇻🇪
Venezuela and Nigeria- two of the world's oil producing giants but the poverty capitals of the world.
This is a lesson for the Buharis of Arewa who think that cheap cash from crude oil is all that a country needs to survive. Today's political quagmire in Nigeria was created by Arewa because of lust for cheap cash from crude oil.

1 Like

Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by mutantninja: 3:25pm On Jul 22, 2023
aariwa:
Well done to the ronu idiots defending a selected mandate thief, criminal imbecil e with no achievement or manifesto except for forming alpha bta, making himself a godfather and using alpha beta to steal Lagos revenue for 20 years but in the few next months US courts would help us unravel based on Atiku petition whether bola tinubu that went to Chicago state university is a male or female and from there Mobil would prosecute the animal and have his conviction in absentia for defrauding them for years and with Peter Obi flooring emilokan totally at the tribunal, the rerun would likely be between Atiku and Obi, In addition to emilokan never ever holding public office again after conviction, he won’t be able to step outside Nigeria for his medical treatments to escape arrest from interpol so emilokan will have the option of going to jail in America or dying like Abacha at hands of Nigerian doctors they impoverished in Nigeria
The difference between me and you is that I’m very good at writing nonfiction stories while you’re good at writing non sense fiction. Stop basking in delusion. Free your mind, so much weight in it, so much hate in it.

1 Like

Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by nkemjacob2(m): 3:27pm On Jul 22, 2023
Agbadorians e choke?
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by armadeo(m): 3:27pm On Jul 22, 2023
seunny4lif:
The tax the Nigeria government charge those airlines are too much

This is the crux of the matter that everyone isn't or pretends to be unaware of.

Nigerian government taxes hell out of the airlines they have no choice but to put the tax on passengers hence the high costs of tickets.

Our refueling is also very expensive compared to neighbouring countries.

Abeg government knows why and they won't stop because the funds enters their pocket.
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by Yampotatocarrot(m): 3:28pm On Jul 22, 2023
iSense247:
Bro, Where will I make payment for ticket, from Nigeria or when I get to Cotonou?

If it is from Cotonou, how will I move my money into their country?

How long can it take to use Cotonou airport?

You'll get your ticket there in Cotonou... Change your money and take there... You can take naira and change once you cross the border at Seme

1 Like

Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by XAUBulls: 3:29pm On Jul 22, 2023
Islie:
Nigerians pay 3 times higher FG must resolve trapped funds to ease business – Agents Citizens selling property to ‘Japa’ There is no end…

This is NOT a new development. Indeed the Lagos to London route via British Airways has always been expensive right from the early 1990s simply because of demand by Nigerians to fly into the UK, and even the U.S.A. These are very lucrative routes for those foreign airlines.

The lack of turn-around-maintenance of all the refineries every two years by the corrupt military guys starting with IBB, made worse by that dark goggled guy who passed on as a military dictator in 1998, also led to Nigeria Airways (which used to also fly to London) operations to go south because of corruption. Then OBJ liquidated the iconic Nigerian airline for VirginNigeria which also had operational challenges.

Long and short, until Nigerian airlines begin to fly those lucrative international routes of Lagos to London, and Lagos to NY, expect the high airfares regardless of whether the backlogs of FX funds of foreign airlines such as BA are still trapped or not. Better yet, get your tickets from Ghana or Cotonou.
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by onuman: 3:32pm On Jul 22, 2023
One way, the hike in air fares is good to the southern people who make up nearly 90% of japa emigration.
As the southerners leave, northerners from the Sahel region up to Niger 🇳🇪 Republic move down south to occupy the positions abandoned by the southerners in the south.
By the time the japa southerners want to return home; their hometown has been under menace by Islamic extremists. It's already working out that way in the south eastern region of Nigeria.
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by ceejay80s(m): 3:37pm On Jul 22, 2023
The last air travel tinubu did was Ur tax money, so it's like free to him, revolution today or tinubu care less ....and not only him...the vice too, house of rep and all
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by BabaIbo: 3:47pm On Jul 22, 2023
Schrodinger2:
Time flies, and things change. Booked a one way ticket to the US around this time in 2021, for 350k. I heard it's now in the millions.

Babs, is that you?

Yes, I know it is you.

1 Like

Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by BabaIbo: 3:55pm On Jul 22, 2023
onuman:
One way, the hike in air fares is good to the southern people who make up nearly 90% of japa emigration.
As the southerners leave, northerners from the Sahel region up to Niger 🇳🇪 Republic move down south to occupy the positions abandoned by the southerners in the south.
By the time the japa southerners want to return home; their hometown has been under menace by Islamic extremists. It's already working out that way in the south eastern region of Nigeria.

Non sense, tell me the positions being occupied by Islamic extremist in southeast.

Just one!
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by aariwa(m): 4:01pm On Jul 22, 2023
mutantninja:

The difference between me and you is that I’m very good at writing nonfiction stories while you’re good at writing non sense fiction. Stop basking in delusion. Free your mind, so much weight in it, so much hate in it.
continue with your delusions. I am not going to stop you from your ignorance because common sense should have taken you to search google with simple search terms like Atiku petition on tinubu, Chicago state and tinubu etc but continue in your delusions
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by iSense247: 4:04pm On Jul 22, 2023
Yampotatocarrot:

You'll get your ticket there in Cotonou... Change your money and take there... You can take naira and change once you cross the border at Seme
Eriokanmi:
There are airlines desks there at the airport just the way we have them here in Nigeria. They accept usd, cad dollars , euros and cefa Its better you have either usd or euro handy. Cefa is more valuable than naira now sef

Is it not too risky to travel to Cotonou with such amount of money? Or is online payment possible in this situation?
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by Daniego(m): 4:07pm On Jul 22, 2023
What do you expect when Tinubu told you he will start from where Buhari stop. He will build on Buhari's legacy. Tribalism has killed Nigeria.
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by Menclothing: 4:11pm On Jul 22, 2023
British airlines fair is almost same for all
African countries
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by mutantninja: 4:26pm On Jul 22, 2023
aariwa:
continue with your delusions. I am not going to stop you from your ignorance because common sense should have taken you to search google with simple search terms like Atiku petition on tinubu, Chicago state and tinubu etc but continue in your delusions
You wish you were God, but you’re just a peasant… try to say all this publicly to your president and see if you’ll not be used as target practice. Didirin
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by onuman: 4:31pm On Jul 22, 2023
BabaIbo:

Non sense, tell me the positions being occupied by Islamic extremist in southeast.

Just one!
Too many.
The killings in the SE originated from the desires of Islamic extremists.
Do some research beginning from when the far north adopted sharia crimimal laws and the wars that followed that, to when the NE became Boko Haram enclave, to when bandits that are offshoot to Boko Haram rampage the NW, and the boast by Islamic extremists that they will make the SE look worse than the NE. The SE was the most peaceful part of Nigeria then even with IPOB people marching in tens of thousands in every city in the SE.
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by Ahmeduana(m): 4:31pm On Jul 22, 2023
Candidlady:
Just last night my friend was still complaining bout this..

Seems Ghana and those other countries are closer to US and Canada.. very funny

This country Sha
Just the way they are smuggling Nigeria oil 🛢️🪔 to neibhouring countries they are also smuggling Nigeria aircrafts to neibhouring nations grin yẹyẹ they smell 👃
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by kiddkash(m): 4:33pm On Jul 22, 2023
Fibonacci88:
Not a good time to japa. If u sell car to japa no probs but selling ur land or building just to pay for air ticket it's an ill thought idea.
Simple go through Benin
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by Akuruoulo(m): 4:44pm On Jul 22, 2023
I heard that the Yoruba and hausa tribe are enjoying tinubus administration more than the IGBOS. grin angry grin grin grin
Tinubu and buhari till infinity
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by IbeOkehie: 4:46pm On Jul 22, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Tell your fiend to take a cab from the seme or idi iroko border to the Benin airport. It won't cost more than 80k. Fly for less than 500k to any European destination and up to 745k to the Americas. Get immigration pass at the border from both the Nigerian and benenois sides. This would aid your check in at thehr Airport without hassles. You'd feel at home there as you hear our people who are Benin citizens speak Yoruba to you. Everywhere is calm.

Leave Nigeria and ttheir useless leaders and supporters. I hope they wont destroy the heritage put in place by our forefathers someday with their bad policies which are being supported by their blind supporters. Our youths will learn the hard way. Time never reach dem to gain wisdom.

They think Benin Republic too doesn't import petroleum products, including petrol and aviation fuel like we do right? How many of our petrol tankers are being snuggled into Benin as claimed by these thieves in govt? They keep deceiving the gullible youths and they too are always swallowing their lies hook,.like and sinker.

Life is normal in Benin despite the removal of petrol subsidy. Don't let them bother you again with their lies. I expect international flight to become so expensive in Benin after the subsidy removal but its over 200% cheaper than what we have back home. Nigeria will remain stagnant until we remove propaganda from our polity, just to have our ways. One website called nairametrics claimed dollar hit 1,000 yesterday at the black market . This is a pure lie. Rather, it crashed to 850 naira. I sold a few yesterday. Some bdcs bought at 845 too. I didn't sell to the guy i first contacted cos his rate was too low. Propaganda won't help us as a nation. Google the owner of nairametrics.com

There's nothing "normal" about life in Benin Republic. There's very few Black African nations with good living standards. The real propaganda is how one African country or another is always singled out as a the new venue for the long anticipated Afro-Renaissance. It ALWAYS turns out to be exaggerated nonsense.

Nigeria was once touted as the new paradise in the 1950's and then in the early 2000's. I got taken in by that lie grin
Then it was Ghana with it's new crude oil discovery, we should have asked what happened to the money from their gold and cocoa?
Next was Ethiopia, now that country is dealing with a big political and economic crisis, I think a Civil War is ongoing.
Right now the reigning story is Rwanda.... grin

None of these SUCCESS STORIES ever turns out to be real or viable in the long run. Benin Republic is just another poor FRENCH COLONY,, they don't even print their own currency and their monetary and defense policy is dictated from France, by LEGAL AGREEMENT.

Benin Republic exists for the convenience and enrichment of FRANCE, it's just as underdeveloped as the rest of Black Africa. The only safe and stable African countries are Botswana, Namibia and a few others and we know exactly why they're like that. It's time Africans stopped lying to themselves and stop faking and do what's needed to develop their Continent.

Good Luck to Nigerians!

1 Like

Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by godofuck231: 4:47pm On Jul 22, 2023
Its a thing of corruption and process of doing business with the agencies in nigeria, corruption has made businesses and pricing of petroleum products so unbearable for the country, importers can't run at a loss

2 Likes

Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by IbeOkehie: 4:49pm On Jul 22, 2023
deleted
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by aariwa(m): 4:53pm On Jul 22, 2023
mutantninja:

You wish you were God, but you’re just a peasant… try to say all this publicly to your president and see if you’ll not be used as target practice. Didirin
he is the president of thieves like himself and peasants like you but not that of well meaning and right thinking majority Nigerians. He is not my president and can never be because he lacks legitimacy that even EU that partly funded last elections admitted he rigged the elections. Thieves should and their supporters bring down every culture and society to zero and for a society to progress they should be wiped out and sent six feet below ground and covered with sand like China, Ghana etc did before they witnessed prosperity
Re: Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less by ebufa: 5:00pm On Jul 22, 2023
Candidlady:
Just last night my friend was still complaining bout this..

Seems Ghana and those other countries are closer to US and Canada.. very funny

This country Sha

Let Helinues and cohorts running after IPOB, go to Abuja and smoke out the traitors running the Nigerian government,in a sane nation.....IPOB would be running the government,while the betrayers of our commonwealth are regularly despatched by a seasoned and hardened firing squad! you allow foreign airlines to exploit your people but sabotage your own domestic airlines ....go figure!

same thing happens in the oil and gas industry too........IPOB has risen to protect Alaigbo gas deposits , and HELINUES cannot stand their audacity!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. / How Long Does It Take To Get A Tourist Visa To Uk / Don’t Open Your Car Trunk From Inside For Police Or Anyone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.