Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries (38042 Views)

Tuition Cost In University Of Ibadan And Ilorin For 2024 Session. / Top 10 Slowest Nigerian Universities / 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by akslink: 10:47am On Jul 24, 2023
JAMO84:
Most Nigerian Parents will complain of 100k in a year school fees, but when it's time for their children to get married, they will spend 2m on a one day wedding.

Most Nigerian students will enjoy cheap education, when they finally graduate and get a job outside Nigeria with the certificate, they will curse Nigeria on social media for contributing nothing to their development. God bless you

EVERYONE SHOULD PAY FOR THE REAL COST OF THEIR TERTIARY EDUCATION, ONLY BASIC EDUCATION SHOULD BE FREE
Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by SuperOnyi: 11:16am On Jul 24, 2023
shocked

I come from a family that can't afford that 50k, do average poor Nigerians have more than that amount in their bank account? $65 might seem very small to you but not to people like us.

I have to work for months like a donkey to get that amount of money... Anyway, I'm not even in school right now — just commenting Mr Reno sees $65 as a "chicken change" but a lot of Nigerians don't.
Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by SuperOnyi: 11:24am On Jul 24, 2023
azikiweironsi:

Because he says the truth ?
Go and verify his claims if he wasn't right.

shocked

How many Nigerians can afford 50k or have such amount in their bank account? People like Mr Reno don't even bother to come down to the ghetto and see what's going on here.

$65 or 50k is a lot of money to an average Nigerian like me, as far back as 2018, despite being an intelligent kid I had no choice but to give up my dream of going to college.

Look, the only reason I'm commenting is to tell the world that amount is a lot to an average Nigerian and we'd have to work our as$ out to make that amount.
Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by headboyprince(m): 12:28pm On Jul 24, 2023
emonkey:

You are so naive .
"what has the govt done with the 10%" - did you pay ? 99% of Nigerians not on PAYE tax will never pay.
"over there healthcare is free" - In which country specifically. It is all paid from your tax in UK. In US I paid 40% tax and must still pay separately for my health insurance.
"their security is intact." - true, but it never stops hundreds of people from being shot every day.
.infact their govt will pay you salary if you're unemployed - there is nothing automatic about this. It is all conditional.

The argument here is that Nigerians no more know the purpose and value of education because it is cheap. In the US it is common to find students working part time to be able to be able to pay for their university education. Nigerians want it all easy on a platter of gold. That is why most Nigerian companies will rather hire a student who studied abroad than the best of those that studied in Nigeria. Because the other knows how to work to achieve a desired purpose...at any cost.

youre the naive one here..since when did tax become optional...
We pay taxes in Nigeria indirectly.. We pay on imported goods, property tax, vat..the govt generated a whopping 40 billion from tax in 2021 alone

What has the govt done with all the tax money

Because the citizens provide everything for themselves water, light, security, health care, even roads...

Yet they keep suffocating us with more bills..if I want to pay more ill enroll in private school..

And don't even try to compare security or health care in us to Nigeria

The gap is as wide as from here to the sky...Nigeria is almost the most terrorised country on earth...

This is a country where even the IG of police can be kidnapped in broad day light ...some villages have been deserted due to terrorism..

Since you so much love Nigeria be serious and dash me your visa. And come back to the suffering. No no no nosense.. grin
Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by headboyprince(m): 1:27pm On Jul 24, 2023
SuperOnyi:

shocked

How many Nigerians can afford 50k or have such amount in their bank account? People like Mr Reno don't even bother to come down to the ghetto and see what's going on here.

$65 or 50k is a lot of money to an average Nigerian like me, as far back as 2018, despite being an intelligent kid I had no choice but to give up my dream of going to college.

Look, the only reason I'm commenting is to tell the world that amount is a lot to an average Nigerian and we'd have to work our as$ out to make that amount.
don't mind them they wont tell you that the money doesn't include feeding and accommodation, handouts and screening ..

even in small ghana you don't pay such..and after graduating you'll start driving keke napep or turn glnd customers.. grin

whereas in uk as a student you can get paid minimum wage $1k+ which can cover your fees. Whereas a graduate in Nigeria has no job..
That's why many

They're suffocating us and some idiiots still have the mind to be defending them to the heavens angry
Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by emonkey(m): 3:08pm On Jul 24, 2023
headboyprince:
youre the naive one here..since when did tax become optional...
We pay taxes in Nigeria indirectly.. We pay on imported goods, property tax, vat..the govt generated a whopping 40 billion from tax in 2021 alone

What has the govt done with all the tax money

Because the citizens provide everything for themselves water, light, security, health care, even roads...

Yet they keep suffocating us with more bills..if I want to pay more ill enroll in private school..

And don't even try to compare security or health care in us to Nigeria

The gap is as wide as from here to the sky...Nigeria is almost the most terrorised country on earth...

This is a country where even the IG of police can be kidnapped in broad day light ...some villages have been deserted due to terrorism..

Since you so much love Nigeria be serious and dash me your visa. And come back to the suffering. No no no nosense.. grin

Because the [b]citizens provide everything for themselves water, light, security, health care, even roads...[/b] - LOL . Who told you it is government that is providing those things. I dare you not to pay your regular bills for these things and you will smell pepper - legally and by disconnection.
And [b]don't even try to compare security or health care in us to Nigeria[/b] - LOL when you have to buy ordinary pack of Paracetamol from pharmacy for equivalent of N5,000 , and your health insurance provider bills you equivalent of N200k for a 15 minutes video chat with a doctor, your brain will begin to complain and tell you falling ill in US is a terrifying thing.

Anyway, have a nice week.
Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by Willie2015: 3:22pm On Jul 24, 2023
[quote author=nairalanda1 post=124609244]

How can we enjoy anything when our tax to gdp is low, and 70% of the population does not pay tax?

You want us to spend imaginary money, old man?[/quo
Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by Willie2015: 3:24pm On Jul 24, 2023
nairalanda1:

How can we enjoy anything when our tax to gdp is low, and 70% of the population does not pay tax?

You want us to spend imaginary money, old man?

U re shouting imaginary money..
Yet...politicians has 20 to 30 aides being paid....
Yet ...Senators keep on collecting Constituency Project allowance....
runnin into several millions ...with no projects.....
Yet...Governors collect monthly security allowance with no value added...
Let FG start by reducing the cost of governance...
And tax the rich and elites.....
Then they will have the moral justification to increase tax..
Lastly..Nigeria is the poverty capital of the world...
And ur submission is to tax 2/3 of Nigerians that lives on less than $2 per day...
U 4 kill them now...cox tax to GDP is low..
Nonsense....

1 Like

Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by santali23: 4:20pm On Jul 24, 2023
Kindly Dm for guidance through the maze of research, coursework, assignments, and dissertations with expert assistance tailored to your success. WhatsApp: ‪+234 915 525 8740‬
Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by Udohjonathan080: 5:00pm On Jul 24, 2023
A man with half knowledge and facts is a very dangerous man, pls sir you should also add the minimum wage of those countries you listed.
Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by marenkurz: 5:02pm On Jul 24, 2023
If the parents are low income earners, they pay less tax and get social welfare. What are you talking about dude? It's not a must to defend this things.
Ihenzy:

They pay 42% tax. Do you pay 42% tax?
Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by marenkurz: 5:04pm On Jul 24, 2023
If you're low income earners, you pay less tax and get social welfare. Even if you're not working for some reasons, you still get welfare. It is just crazy to compare these things. It's madness
Cromagnon:
how much do they post as tax
Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by marenkurz: 5:09pm On Jul 24, 2023
Stop saying what you know nothing about. There are tax classes. If you're paying 50-45% of your income as tax, then you're class as higher earner. Meaning you're earning way higher than everyone else, you don't have dependant or you're doing multiply jobs.
tolue42:

Tax in Germany is 40-45% of your salary, will you allow Nigeria government to take away 45% of your salary per month so you can have cheap education?
Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by marenkurz: 5:12pm On Jul 24, 2023
Even my Oga, doesn't pay 40% as tax. He doesn't have any dependant. The wife also works, no child either. You guys will be talking nonsense.
nairalanda1:

Germans also pay a tax rate of 45-50% of income for the right to have free education.If we implemented that in Nigeria, you will be upset.

And living expenses like rent come from pocket....
Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by headboyprince(m): 5:23pm On Jul 24, 2023
emonkey:

Because the [b]citizens provide everything for themselves water, light, security, health care, even roads...[/b] - LOL . Who told you it is government that is providing those things. I dare you not to pay your regular bills for these things and you will smell pepper - legally and by disconnection.
And [b]don't even try to compare security or health care in us to Nigeria[/b] - LOL when you have to buy ordinary pack of Paracetamol from pharmacy for equivalent of N5,000 , and your health insurance provider bills you equivalent of N200k for a 15 minutes video chat with a doctor, your brain will begin to complain and tell you falling ill in US is a terrifying thing.

Anyway, have a nice week.
------- what sort of bullshit are you even saying...are you really serious right now angry

in the U.S tap water is free, Health care is free (even without medical insurance), security 911 is totally free...

as for electricity, ithe average household pays $122 for 24 hours light which is just 10% of minimum wage in the US

but in nigeria you pay around N15k per month for average of 15 hours light...
then you need to buy generator fuel it at around N150k per month for average of 8 hours per day

thats N165k ($205), or around 500% of minimum wage for 24 hours light...

mind you i havent even add the cost of generator and repairs and maintenance shocked

an average biz that requires 24 hours in Nigeria is bleeped..

and what the hell are you saying in the last paragraph... you're comparing price of paracetamol in the U.S to Nigeria in naira ... since when did you started using naira in the U.S...

mimium wage in the U.S is around 1.2k usd that is around 30x what nigerians earn as mimum wage and you will be still owed salaries for month..

you sound dull to me, even a child wont talk the way you're talking.. i hate dull people, so get out.. angry

like i said if you're tired of teh U.S come back to Nigeria...senseless human being.. grin
Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by Iykmann(m): 5:40pm On Jul 24, 2023
ebukajay184:
Following the recent rise in cost of Tuition fees of Nigerian public universities, former presidential aide, Reno Omokri has compared Nigerian universities' cost of tuition with cost of tuition of other countries' universities, IGBERETV reports.

Taking to his Twitter page, Reno wrote; How many of these countries still use "I pass my neighbors generator"?

https://twitter.com/renoomokri/status/1682764711039844354?t=0IgblwoUFTp0ec_0Jp5VZA&s=19
Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by lotkyes200: 6:23pm On Jul 24, 2023
Anyone making this comparation is a lack common sense that is call common.
Question how much is average earning per hour in the US and how much in Nigeria?

In the US its average $20 per hour that is around N14,000 here i mean per hour .
Hmmm how much do you earn here in Nigeria per month sef . Abeg i no want vex make i tell Reno say him fada ooo
Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by HNICEARTH: 6:41pm On Jul 24, 2023
nairalanda1:

And Ghana pays 25 times more than Nigeria in fees.

Go back and read the guys submission. Ghana as a failed state shouldn't be used as an example. Simple

Comprehension is key after reading
Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by emonkey(m): 3:51am On Jul 25, 2023
headboyprince:
------- what sort of bullshit are you even saying...are you really serious right now angry

in the U.S tap water is free, Health care is free (even without medical insurance), security 911 is totally free...

as for electricity, ithe average household pays $122 for 24 hours light which is just 10% of minimum wage in the US

but in nigeria you pay around N15k per month for average of 15 hours light...
then you need to buy generator fuel it at around N150k per month for average of 8 hours per day

thats N165k ($205), or around 500% of minimum wage for 24 hours light...

mind you i havent even add the cost of generator and repairs and maintenance shocked

an average biz that requires 24 hours in Nigeria is bleeped..

and what the hell are you saying in the last paragraph... you're comparing price of paracetamol in the U.S to Nigeria in naira ... since when did you started using naira in the U.S...

mimium wage in the U.S is around 1.2k usd that is around 30x what nigerians earn as mimum wage and you will be still owed salaries for month..

you sound dull to me, even a child wont talk the way you're talking.. i hate dull people, so get out.. angry

like i said if you're tired of teh U.S come back to Nigeria...senseless human being.. grin

Na so the thing pain you reach? Sorry o. You go chop banana ? grin grin grin
Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by WesKiz: 9:11pm On Jul 25, 2023
That of Ghana is a lie
Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by Cromagnon: 5:56am On Jul 26, 2023
marenkurz:
If you're low income earners, you pay less tax and get social welfare. Even if you're not working for some reasons, you still get welfare. It is just crazy to compare these things. It's madness
How many of them are low earners?
How much do the high earners pay?
Welfare does not fall from heaven o
Without high earned, no free money for the lazy
Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by Successdude(m): 10:02pm On Jul 26, 2023
shonepa:
Is ghana not a perfect example? Hear your self na....comparing Nigeria with developed country.

Name just one African country u can compare with the so called developed country?

Read and reread and then rate your comment.

Using failure to support failure
Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by shonepa(m): 9:07am On Jul 27, 2023
If u no get something to talk just fem. Comparing Nigeria with Developed countries na failure of reality....better open sense

Successdude:

Read and reread and then rate your comment.

Using failure to support failure
Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by Successdude(m): 6:34pm On Jul 27, 2023
shonepa:
If u no get something to talk just fem. Comparing Nigeria with Developed countries na failure of reality....better open sense

Na to compare am with lion cage na im fit, for your sense.

Gee........... shhhh
Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by shonepa(m): 9:44pm On Jul 27, 2023
We know una set......dey do comparisms dey go, no focus on how to improve ur self. OT no gum u. Abi dem det tell person say na fish dey inside sardine? Dey play like churky.

Successdude:

Na to compare am with lion cage na im fit, for your sense.

Gee........... shhhh
Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by Successdude(m): 7:14pm On Jul 28, 2023
shonepa:
We know una set......dey do comparisms dey go, no focus on how to improve ur self. OT no gum u. Abi dem det tell person say na fish dey inside sardine? Dey play like churky.

Can you comprehend what you wrote
Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by shonepa(m): 9:35pm On Jul 28, 2023
E dey pain u? plenty talk no dey full basket

Make i just leave u with ur pikin OT. Na heaven remain to compare Nigeria with.

Successdude:

Can you comprehend what you wrote
Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by Successdude(m): 2:11am On Jul 29, 2023
shonepa:
E dey pain u? plenty talk no dey full basket

Make i just leave u with ur pikin OT. Na heaven remain to compare Nigeria with.

U still dey sound like Mumu ..... y u dull reach
Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by shonepa(m): 6:25am On Jul 29, 2023
Plenty talk no dey full basket....no cure, try Babalawo

Successdude:

U still dey sound like Mumu ..... y u dull reach
Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by Successdude(m): 7:47pm On Jul 29, 2023
shonepa:
Plenty talk no dey full basket....no cure, try Babalawo

Lol .... Lol
Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by shonepa(m): 10:02am On Jul 30, 2023
Lmao

Successdude:

Lol .... Lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Halloween Costumes Of FUNAAB Microbiology Final Year Students (Photos) / Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? / Ogun Students Waylay, Beat Teacher Who Stopped Them From Cheating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.