Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,771 members, 7,817,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries (38040 Views)

Tuition Cost In University Of Ibadan And Ilorin For 2024 Session. / Top 10 Slowest Nigerian Universities / 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by Demayour: 10:56am On Jul 23, 2023
Reno didn't mention that parents in those countries have multiple ways to raise the money either now or in the future.

Similarly, Reno and his minions are also not telling us about countries where education up to PhD level is free and yet, they have the best system in the world.

All of these assertions are half-truths. As an educator, I know that education is really expensive. But for a country that still a high number of uneducated citizens, couples with unemplyment even for PHD holders, tell me why education should look enticing to tue poor again.

If the poor and struggling don't find education enticing, tell me how human capital development of Nigeria can be raised. Tell me how Nigerians can be trained to become "normal" citizens like we have in most countries.

It is tricky with a sprinkle of foolishness for anyone to vehemently support the thieving political class now except you're benefiting from their largesse.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by Zxcvbnmghtr: 11:02am On Jul 23, 2023
cheesy You can't appreciate Nigeria until you are privileged to have travelled far and wide around the world. It is mainly in Nigeria that house rent is paid yearly. In almost all of the countries I have travelled to. Rent is either monthly or weekly and quite expensive when you compare to Nigeria. Just making and example as to how the basic needs of life is very affordable here. Very, very affordable.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by HNICEARTH: 11:24am On Jul 23, 2023
Throwback:

Did he not reference Ghana?

Is their minimum wage Australian or Canadian standard?

Ghana is also a failed state like nigeria. Read to understand, not just to rush and comment

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by SIRTee15: 11:39am On Jul 23, 2023
This is a policy I stand with Tinubu gidigba 100 %.
University education in Nigeria is too cheap and makes no sense. That's why it doesn't add any value to it's customers- Nigerian students.

Even for Nigerian standard of living and cost of living, 10k per year for school fees is ridiculous. The school fees should reflect the reality in Nigerian economy.

Prospective students should seek for loan and scholarship to help augment the tuition burden but to think those nonsense tuition fee should continue is just way off for me.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by Putinofrussia: 11:42am On Jul 23, 2023
I was initially against the hike but when I remembered the pain I went through during the strikes,I concur.The question is...will this stop the incessant strikes that no previous govts have been able to curtail?
RENO IS RIGHT..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by NLegendforte: 11:48am On Jul 23, 2023
What's the minimum wage in those countries? What's the unemployment rate?
Stupid political idiots everywhere

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by Successdude(m): 11:58am On Jul 23, 2023
Throwback:

He gave you a West African reference for context and also gave you a "saner climes" reference, but you say you want more.

So go and dig up all the other West African countries yourself if you need more comparison to be convinced.
talking like the comparison MUST be with west African country.

Why won't you compare yourself with a failing one as usual ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by adebayo987: 12:03pm On Jul 23, 2023
That is where their economy is stable, electricity is standard, security is good, minimum wage is good, salaries of workers are good, unemployment rates are low, poverty level is low, out of school children are low, inflation is low, corruption is low, etc.

Stop comparing Nigeria to those countries. Reno is a out of his mind.
ebukajay184:
Following the recent rise in cost of Tuition fees of Nigerian public universities, former presidential aide, Reno Omokri has compared Nigerian universities' cost of tuition with cost of tuition of other countries' universities, IGBERETV reports.

Taking to his Twitter page, Reno wrote;

https://twitter.com/renoomokri/status/1682764711039844354?t=0IgblwoUFTp0ec_0Jp5VZA&s=19

Seun Lalasticlala Mynd44 nlfpmod

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by MrColdsweat: 12:04pm On Jul 23, 2023
Anywhere i see reno even it its the uk, I will use punches to remove his teeth. I promise to do this on behalf of the good citizens of Nigeria.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by azikiweironsi(m): 12:23pm On Jul 23, 2023
JAMO84:
Most Nigerian Parents will complain of 100k in a year school fees, but when it's time for their children to get married, they will spend 2m on a one day wedding.

Most Nigerian students will enjoy cheap education, when they finally graduate and get a job outside Nigeria with the certificate, they will curse Nigeria on social media for contributing nothing to their development.

EVERYONE SHOULD PAY FOR THE REAL COST OF THEIR TERTIARY EDUCATION, ONLY BASIC EDUCATION SHOULD BE FREE

You they mind them ?
Some parent pays more than #100,000 for their children in private nursery and primary schools
Go and find out how much are the following schools take as tuition fees
Jesuit
Atlantic Hall
Life forte
Orita Mefa
Just to mention few......
Even the so called public universities they rushed to in Europe, how much are they paying ?
At the end of the day, they're the one shouting Japa to foreign land having paid cheap fees to get degree. Cursing the country that would never be well to the country.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by azikiweironsi(m): 12:25pm On Jul 23, 2023
MrColdsweat:
Anywhere i see reno even it its the uk, I will use punches to remove his teeth. I promise to do this on behalf of the good citizens of Nigeria.

Because he says the truth ?
Go and verify his claims if he wasn't right.

8 Likes

Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by Uyi168: 12:29pm On Jul 23, 2023
Throwback:
As at 2010, session fees in Unilag for returning students was just N10k.

Yabatech that is even a Polytechnic was around N20K.

You can imagine how badly Unilag was underfunding itself, despite its students priding themselves as the richest in the public university system.

as at the time I left pharmacy school early this year, my school fees was 15400..
accommodation was around 17k..

and I've always maintained that education in Nigeria, as far I'm concerned Is free..

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by azikiweironsi(m): 12:33pm On Jul 23, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:
cheesy You can't appreciate Nigeria until you are privileged have travelled far and wide around the world. It is mainly in Nigeria that house rent is paid yearly. In almost all of the countries I have travelled to. Rent is either monthly or week and quite expensive when you compare to Nigeria. Just making and example as to how the basic needs of life is very affordable here. Very, very affordable.

They will never agree with you because they never moved out of their closet.
I paid through my nose in UK.
I paid for my energy where I used my television as my light in the room else you pay more for your electricity.
Payment for rent was weekly
You pay for everything.
You will never appreciate your country until you travel out.
Please don't get me wrong, our leaders should improve more on present situation but it's not too bad as it portrayed.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by Throwback: 12:39pm On Jul 23, 2023
Uyi168:

as at the time I left pharmacy school early this year, my school fees was 15400..
accommodation was around 17k..

and I've always maintained that education in Nigeria, as far I'm concerned Is free..

You can imagine that.

That cannot support our universities to have the funding required to be better managed.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by OneCandleAway(f): 12:58pm On Jul 23, 2023
azikiweironsi:

They will never agree with you because they never moved out of their closet.
I paid through my nose in UK.
I paid for my energy where I used my television as my light in the room else you pay more for your electricity.
Payment for rent was weekly
You pay for everything.
You will never appreciate your country until you travel out.
Please don't get me wrong, our leaders should improve more on present situation but it's not too bad as it portrayed.

Because you wanted to school abroad and could afford it. You could afford to travel sef. So many people can't afford to travel, they can't afford all the steps to take to even arrive abroad for registration. Is it the petty market woman or vulcanised that can afford that?..
Education should be heavily subsidised. If a Senator can be having over 600,000 for dressing allowance, newspaper allowance is still there and other, why should the students not have access to education that is cheap. The foundinging fathers made education cheap in order to attract more students, these ones are making it difficult so people will drop out. Anyway crime rate will rise, since criminality is the best industry right now. Even your president is a criminal.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by Nice2023(m): 1:12pm On Jul 23, 2023
This guy is already going mad.

He should also compare poverty among these nations.

Even Brazil runs a free education up to higher institution.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by PlayerMeji: 1:49pm On Jul 23, 2023
If he used developed countries nah, it is still people like you that will say why did he use developed countries knowing their high income ...

He has come down to your level, yet all you can think of is why he didn't use developed countries...

As long as you continue in this direction where you deflect the truth because of the bringer of the message, you will find it hard to break even in life ..

Successdude:
Lol..... Why didn't he use the developed countries to measure the minimum wage ?

Using failure to support failure

This man is beginning to make it look like his stewpidity the previous days is only a child's play when compared to that of the subsequent days.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by Nigerfine3: 2:18pm On Jul 23, 2023
Successdude:
Lol..... Why didn't he use the developed countries to measure the minimum wage ?

Using failure to support failure

This man is beginning to make it look like his stewpidity the previous days is only a child's play when compared to that of the subsequent days.
You can't just increase from 19 to 190 and think everyone would clap. The Reno has no statistical sense here, do you see how much increase per time? Did he compare developed country salary to nigeria s?
Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by FreeStuffsNG: 2:22pm On Jul 23, 2023
Ghana has a minimum wage of GHS446, or $40 per month. Yet, Ghanaians pay twenty five times what we pay in tuition. Do Ghanaians earn twenty five times what Nigerians earn in minimum wage? Is fuel cheaper in Ghana than in Nigeria? I was in Ghana two months ago. Believe me when I say that you would fare better economically in Nigeria than in Ghana. Is Nigeria as wealthy as the UK, US, and the EU? Nigeria is not such a bad country. If you think the cost of education is too high, then try the cost of illiteracy!
O pari.
Check my signature for free stuffs!

4 Likes

Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by JAMO84: 2:25pm On Jul 23, 2023
azikiweironsi:

You they mind them ?
Some parent pays more than #100,000 for their children in private nursery and primary schools
Go and find out how much are the following schools take as tuition fees
Jesuit
Atlantic Hall
Life forte
Orita Mefa
Just to mention few......
Even the so called public universities they rushed to in Europe, how much are they paying ?
At the end of the day, they're the one shouting Japa to foreign land having paid cheap fees to get degree. Cursing the country that would never be well to the country.
Well said bro

4 Likes

Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by Buccalcavity2: 2:53pm On Jul 23, 2023
JAMO84:
Most Nigerian Parents will complain of 100k in a year school fees, but when it's time for their children to get married, they will spend 2m on a one day wedding.

Most Nigerian students will enjoy cheap education, when they finally graduate and get a job outside Nigeria with the certificate, they will curse Nigeria on social media for contributing nothing to their development.

EVERYONE SHOULD PAY FOR THE REAL COST OF THEIR TERTIARY EDUCATION, ONLY BASIC EDUCATION SHOULD BE FREE
You are correct. I love how "Nigeria has never given me anything" crooners are lamenting now. Thesame people are shouting return fuel subsidy, school fees subsidy, power subsidy....
They won't value something until they lose it.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by gaby(m): 2:56pm On Jul 23, 2023
Throwback:
OK.

We know things are cheap here.

Truth is we have become used to paying next to nothing for everything.

From house maids and other domestic servants, to fees we pay artisans doing plumbing or carpentary work etc.

We should improve the standard of our education, so that Nigerians who are ready to pay thousands of dollars abroad can come back to pay similar amount within the Nigerian education system.

The only thing I would plead for is that firstly, loans should be available for those who want a university education but cannot afford it. And I believe that has already been signed into law.

Secondly, their should be enough local scholarships to aid very brilliant students who cannot afford it. All the Nigerian entities should stop all foreign scholarships and focus on local scholarships within the soon to be costly tertiary education in Nigeria.

Enough of cheap but worthless education.

Enough of subsidizing education for Nigerians who want to go work abroad with colleagues who themselves are using their salary to repay loans they took to have an education.

We should stop subsidizing the work force of developed countries.

I don't think granting loans for education in a country where graduates are churned out by the minute to no jobs should come before creating an enabling environment for businesses to thrive and create employment for these "loan graduates".

We need to stop putting the cart before the horses at all times.

First things, first.

You give educational loan, person finish school no work, where the loan repayment wan come from?

Make we jeje dey copy wetin we fit carry and sustain or build from the ground up.
Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by anonymous1759(m): 3:05pm On Jul 23, 2023
Throwback:
OK.

From house maids and other domestic servants, to fees we pay artisans doing plumbing or carpentary work etc.

We should improve the standard of our education, so that Nigerians who are ready to pay thousands of dollars abroad can come back to pay similar amount within the Nigerian education system.

The only thing I would plead for is that firstly, loans should be available for those who want a university education but cannot afford it. And I believe that has already been signed into law.

Secondly, their should be enough local scholarships to aid very brilliant students who cannot afford it. All the Nigerian entities should stop all foreign scholarships and focus on local scholarships within the soon to be costly tertiary education in Nigeria.

Enough of subsidizing education for Nigerians who want to go work abroad with colleagues who themselves are using their salary to repay loans they took to have an education.

Well said but standard cannot be improved if a student pays less than $65 per session. BAT is taking the step to make the Universities be of standard that's why the subsidy has been removed to an extent. An average nigerian university graduate who paid # 10 or 21k never asked the question why their counterpart in private universities pay 250-500k all they complain about is strike and say all manner of grebish that Nigeria has not done anything for them. You never know what you have untill you loose .

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by chuksbogus: 3:08pm On Jul 23, 2023
I am disappointed that some of you don't think outside the box. Thisbis hiw they will keep deceiving u left right and center.

You are comparing Tuition fees abroad and Nigeria did yiu bother checking what the minimum wage is ?

The lowest US state minimum wage is $ 7.75 per hr =#6,184.5 per hr. Working a 8 hrs Job gives u # 49,476 Per day. In a month with 20 working g days gives you
# 989,520 per month. This is based on minimum wage but we all know no one just pay minimum wage there are other allowances and differentials.

And averge low pay worker in the US earn $15 per hr and that is # 11,850 multiply it by 8 hrs duty a day= #94,800 and for a 20 working days in a month =#1,896,000.

How many persons in this country earn #1,896,000? . Mind you this is the lowest income earners.

If they want to bring the tuitions in dollars and convert it to is in Naira ,they should also convert the Nigerian workers pay to dollars before comaprison. LET IS FOR ONE LEAVE ETHNICITY AND FIGHT FOR OUR COLLECTIVE GOOD.

Throwback:
OK.

5 Likes

Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by Successdude(m): 3:31pm On Jul 23, 2023
PlayerMeji:
If he used developed countries nah, it is still people like you that will say why did he use developed countries knowing their high income ...

He has come down to your level, yet all you can think of is why he didn't use developed countries...

As long as you continue in this direction where you deflect the truth because of the bringer of the message, you will find it hard to break even in life ..

You didn't speak wise ...... How can one who calls his failing statistical sense a failure, still attack it if it goes opposite way ? You know wetin you dey talk at all ?
Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by nlfpmod: 4:37pm On Jul 23, 2023
This man no get shame.
Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by April396949: 4:38pm On Jul 23, 2023
It is essential to compare Nigerian universities' tuition costs with those of other countries to identify the affordability and competitiveness of education in Nigeria. Such comparisons can shed light on the accessibility of higher education and help students and parents make informed decisions about where to pursue their studies.

This analysis holds significance as education costs significantly influence access to education, choice of institution, and the overall quality of education received. By comparing tuition fees between countries, one can evaluate the relative affordability of Nigerian universities in an international context.

Additionally, these comparisons can also provide insights into the resources allocated to education in Nigeria compared to other countries. It allows for an assessment of whether Nigerian universities are receiving adequate funding to meet the growing demands of the country's population and improve the quality of education provided.

By evaluating tuition costs internationally, policymakers and stakeholders can identify areas for improvement, such as the need to increase funding for education or implement measures to ensure affordability and accessibility for all students. Furthermore, it can also serve as a benchmark to encourage Nigerian universities to enhance their competitiveness globally and attract international students.

Overall, comparing Nigerian universities' tuition costs with those of other countries is a meaningful exercise that can help drive positive changes in the education sector, improve the quality of education, and ensure that higher education remains accessible and affordable for all.

1 Like

Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by ClearFlair: 4:39pm On Jul 23, 2023
Not making any sense
Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by TenQ: 4:43pm On Jul 23, 2023
ebukajay184:
Following the recent rise in cost of Tuition fees of Nigerian public universities, former presidential aide, Reno Omokri has compared Nigerian universities' cost of tuition with cost of tuition of other countries' universities, IGBERETV reports.

https://twitter.com/renoomokri/status/1682764711039844354?t=0IgblwoUFTp0ec_0Jp5VZA&s=19
I want to know:
Biko, How much is the average income in Dollars in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by Drello4real: 4:44pm On Jul 23, 2023
Just give us light, social amenities and job.
Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by tunde1200(m): 4:44pm On Jul 23, 2023
Hmmmm

Yet we are shouting
Re: Reno Compares Nigerian Universities' Tuition Cost With That Of Other Countries by Bigkoko: 4:44pm On Jul 23, 2023
The same way he port from GEJ to Atiku, na so he don port from Atiku to Asiwaju. Too bad, Asiwaju govt go soon vacate Aso Rock.

Anybody this he-goat support, dey always loose. No wonder HE Peter Obi no send. When we tell una say activism no be work Omokri no hear, politics no be work ooohhhh. Even if na same bottle water factory, get am. One day power go leave your hand and you go understand say there are bills to pay!

ebukajay184:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Waec 2012/2013 : Yet Another Mass Failure Recorded- Here Is The ... / Halloween Costumes Of FUNAAB Microbiology Final Year Students (Photos) / Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.