Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,738 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

See The Only School In Africa Where Male Students Wear Skirts And Why - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See The Only School In Africa Where Male Students Wear Skirts And Why (3261 Views)

Primary School In Edinburgh Asks Boys To Wear Skirts To Promote Equality / Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) / Indian Students Wear Boxes On Their Heads During Exam To Prevent Cheating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Only School In Africa Where Male Students Wear Skirts And Why by Gister61: 2:15pm On Jul 23, 2023
Nyakasura Secondary School, located in Uganda, has gained international attention for its unique policy that allows male students to wear skirts as part of their school uniform. This progressive approach challenges traditional gender norms and promotes inclusivity within the educational system. In this article, we will show you some photos.
The institution is known as Nyakasura Secondary. It is a high school in Uganda that has both boarding and day students. The skirt clothing is a kilt, a traditional Scottish men’s outfit, according to the school administration.

He disclosed that the school was established in 1926 by Scottish missionary Ernest William Calwell, who arrived in the region during the colonial era.

See more photos>>>https://heathlinecare.com/the-only-school-in-africa-where-male-students-wear-skirts-and-why/

1 Like

Re: See The Only School In Africa Where Male Students Wear Skirts And Why by illicit(m): 2:22pm On Jul 23, 2023
So far as they are not naked

1 Like

Re: See The Only School In Africa Where Male Students Wear Skirts And Why by kennyjam: 2:25pm On Jul 23, 2023
The Teachers or the entire staff should do the same. Let it be called "Skittish High School" or SHS.

The situation in this country is already wearing skirt.

May God help us all.πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

3 Likes

Re: See The Only School In Africa Where Male Students Wear Skirts And Why by Solsix(m): 2:59pm On Jul 23, 2023
When they start breeding bobrisky Thier body will tell them

5 Likes

Re: See The Only School In Africa Where Male Students Wear Skirts And Why by MMempire(m): 4:40pm On Jul 23, 2023
Just no wear that skirt come near your nigerian mother or else........
Re: See The Only School In Africa Where Male Students Wear Skirts And Why by LikeAking: 6:33pm On Jul 23, 2023
Stupid!
Re: See The Only School In Africa Where Male Students Wear Skirts And Why by confusedlady: 6:39pm On Jul 23, 2023
Lots of arrogant ignorance on this thread.
The students are putting on KILTS which is a Scottish male dress.
Uganda was a colony of Britain so the school was probably founded by a Scot.
Personally I don't see the difference between this kilt and the Niger delta wrapper male dress.

7 Likes

Re: See The Only School In Africa Where Male Students Wear Skirts And Why by confusedlady: 6:44pm On Jul 23, 2023
Here are wrappers on men.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Only School In Africa Where Male Students Wear Skirts And Why by Ikpunnegi01: 7:07pm On Jul 23, 2023
confusedlady:
Lots of arrogant ignorance on this thread.
The students are putting on KILTS which is a Scottish male dress.
Uganda was a colony of Britain so the school was probably founded by a Scot.
Personally I don't see the difference between this kilt and the Niger delta wrapper male dress.

You're on point! In short, you're perfectly correct..

1 Like

Re: See The Only School In Africa Where Male Students Wear Skirts And Why by westlius(m): 7:13pm On Jul 23, 2023
For ijaw wrapper is our origin
Re: See The Only School In Africa Where Male Students Wear Skirts And Why by Ijoh(m): 7:18pm On Jul 23, 2023
confusedlady:

This is Ijaw

1 Like

Re: See The Only School In Africa Where Male Students Wear Skirts And Why by confusedlady: 7:23pm On Jul 23, 2023
Ijoh:

This is Ijaw

Is it feminine or not?
Are the Ijaw in the Niger delta or not?
I don't get your point please.
Re: See The Only School In Africa Where Male Students Wear Skirts And Why by Gmajor(m): 7:25pm On Jul 23, 2023
Looks like a kilt to me
Re: See The Only School In Africa Where Male Students Wear Skirts And Why by rajunor(f): 7:48pm On Jul 23, 2023
The school was founded by a scot. Nothing wrong in them wearing kilt.
Re: See The Only School In Africa Where Male Students Wear Skirts And Why by soil4soil(m): 8:26pm On Jul 23, 2023
The gate area is neat and clean without pot holes on the road but if it's one country in the same Africa na mud and pot holes you ngo dey see.
Re: See The Only School In Africa Where Male Students Wear Skirts And Why by Ikukuudo: 8:28pm On Jul 23, 2023
Ok
Re: See The Only School In Africa Where Male Students Wear Skirts And Why by FirmTR(m): 9:15pm On Jul 23, 2023
confusedlady:

From the left, it's Ayiri Emami, I guess..
Re: See The Only School In Africa Where Male Students Wear Skirts And Why by jumper524(m): 9:47pm On Jul 23, 2023
confusedlady:

I wanted criticising the approach but then I saw this. Guess we are all hypocrite but choose what suits our moral standard.

1 Like

Re: See The Only School In Africa Where Male Students Wear Skirts And Why by 1Sharon(f): 9:59pm On Jul 23, 2023
For a country that claims to be so pro-african and homophobic, this is ironic.
Re: See The Only School In Africa Where Male Students Wear Skirts And Why by LONEWOLFJOHN: 10:50pm On Jul 23, 2023
How is this related to how to kick tilunbu out of Aso Rock?
Re: See The Only School In Africa Where Male Students Wear Skirts And Why by PPIA: 11:55pm On Jul 23, 2023
I am highly homophobic, therefore I can pass judgement that I see nothing wrong in Kilts' cool
Re: See The Only School In Africa Where Male Students Wear Skirts And Why by DodadaKoKigbe: 11:58pm On Jul 23, 2023
As long as their white masters do it, negropeans (fake Africans) are okay with it.
Re: See The Only School In Africa Where Male Students Wear Skirts And Why by Urheadmaster(m): 12:46am On Jul 24, 2023
There's everything wrong on it for this present days tongue
PPIA:
I am highly homophobic, therefore I can pass judgement that I see nothing wrong in Kilts' cool
Re: See The Only School In Africa Where Male Students Wear Skirts And Why by PROPEACE: 12:53am On Jul 24, 2023
That's kilt not skirt please.
Re: See The Only School In Africa Where Male Students Wear Skirts And Why by NLPoliceWoman: 1:38am On Jul 24, 2023
RTR
Re: See The Only School In Africa Where Male Students Wear Skirts And Why by iHateFraudsters: 3:16am On Jul 24, 2023
Quilt.
Re: See The Only School In Africa Where Male Students Wear Skirts And Why by mytime24(f): 6:23am On Jul 24, 2023
Seen
Re: See The Only School In Africa Where Male Students Wear Skirts And Why by Kingluqman(m): 7:26am On Jul 24, 2023
And e fit dem ooo
Re: See The Only School In Africa Where Male Students Wear Skirts And Why by PPIA: 12:11pm On Jul 24, 2023
Urheadmaster:
There's everything wrong on it for this present days tongue
Ijaw man fa!?

(1) (Reply)

Is It Possible To Change State Of Origin: / LASPOTECH 2016/2017 Admission HND/ND / Weirdly artistic Hairstyles I Have Seen So Far

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.