Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,269 members, 7,811,775 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:23 PM

How Much Do You Spend In A Day For Transport - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Much Do You Spend In A Day For Transport (11765 Views)

Governor Alia Delivers 100 Buses For Transport In Benue State [Photos] / Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? / Lagosians, See How Much Time You Spend In Traffic In A Single Year! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Do You Spend In A Day For Transport by babaRUNtinz(m): 3:38pm On Jul 24, 2023
Transport to which destination?
Re: How Much Do You Spend In A Day For Transport by theamazonguru(m): 3:42pm On Jul 24, 2023
oluwaseyi0:
I work from home

average of zero naira per week

Working Remotely comes with its own bottleneck.
How do you power your device when there is no "NEPA" light. No be Generator you go use?

Your own headache no be transport fare but fuel cost.

4 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Spend In A Day For Transport by faceland: 3:48pm On Jul 24, 2023
I bought bicycle a day before Tinubu statement (for exercise). Now I use it for any distance within my area (5km radius)... That thing make me sweat o, I have to ride very slow otherwise I would be drained in my own sweat.

Average of 2k naira per day (otherwise it would be higher).

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend In A Day For Transport by Olatara(f): 3:50pm On Jul 24, 2023
2k . From Oworo to Lekki.
Re: How Much Do You Spend In A Day For Transport by oluwaseyi0: 3:53pm On Jul 24, 2023
theamazonguru:

How do you power your device when there is no "NEPA" light. No be Generator you go use?

You are very very right
I traveled to ogun state last week just for visitation, I have to run back to Lagos because of light

Luckily there is more than sufficient light in my area in Lagos, I've not use 10 litres out of 70litres fuel I bought in the wake of subsidy removal at 197 naira

There is average of 20 hours light daily

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend In A Day For Transport by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 24, 2023
I work from home. Na more food i dey chop.
Re: How Much Do You Spend In A Day For Transport by Okechinwadike: 3:58pm On Jul 24, 2023
blame on yorubas
Re: How Much Do You Spend In A Day For Transport by Solidrock05: 4:02pm On Jul 24, 2023
₦0.00
Re: How Much Do You Spend In A Day For Transport by Solidrock05: 4:04pm On Jul 24, 2023
₦0 00
Re: How Much Do You Spend In A Day For Transport by wonderr(m): 4:10pm On Jul 24, 2023
oluwaseyi0:
I work from home

dey play
Tell us about money spent on data
Re: How Much Do You Spend In A Day For Transport by Ade1177: 4:15pm On Jul 24, 2023
oluwaseyi0:
I work from home

Aswear

The only people that don't know what God has done for them

Even of you make 2k or 20k per day

As long as you don't say yes sir to any boss

You don't wake up by 5am

You are not stuck in traffic by 9.30pm

Anyday you don't feel like working
You just switch off your phone and sleep

That's the real life

Because even 500k
By the time you remove transport of 80k
And other unforseen issues of 50k

You will outgrow the 500k with time

Your own business you plan your life anyhow you like it

People making 300k per month are still complaining that its not enough after deducting transport and expenses

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend In A Day For Transport by theamazonguru(m): 4:20pm On Jul 24, 2023
oluwaseyi0:

You are very very right
I traveled to ogun state last week just for visitation, I have to run back to Lagos because of light

Luckily there is more than sufficient light in my area in Lagos, I've not use 10 litres out of 70litres fuel I bought in the wake of subsidy removal at 197 naira

There is average of 20 hours light daily

That's good then.

Na to dey recharge your prepaid meter Wella be that.
Re: How Much Do You Spend In A Day For Transport by Ofemmanu1: 4:28pm On Jul 24, 2023
On a good day I drive to work..
On a not so good day, Bike is N100 to and fro.
On a SAPA day, I just put on a Nike or Adidas sneakers and trek all the way.
On a SHEGE Tinubu Regime, bike don turn N200.
Re: How Much Do You Spend In A Day For Transport by Ojile1: 4:39pm On Jul 24, 2023
Huawei's Workers Cries Out Over Poor Working Condition As Fuel Subsidy Removal Bits Hard

Huawei, being one of the major employer of labour in telecom sectors, appears to have created an unhealthy condition between staff and outsource which seems to have seriously affected workers welfare of late. Despite the fact that the company is operating on outsource ratio and expatriate to local employee ratio, the level of degradation in remuneration standard has gotten worse.

Workers have been clamouring for upward adjustment of salary structure since the start of Covid-l9 and the effect on the economy but their demands to yield no result. It's a herculean task to increase salaries of long term employees but Huawei brings in graduate trainees that earn btw 400-450k monthly and this same old employees (with some earning below 200k for more than 8 yrs) will have to train them.

Also the management are yet to look into the critical impact of the fuel subsidy removal and how it will affect the workers. Recall that since May 29 when the fuel subsidy removal was announced by President Bola Tinubu, the bulk of HUAWEI employees that are outsourced have engaged Huawei management on the review of their remuneration in line with the current economic reality but it has yielded no positive results.

Hybrid work hours has also been vehemently rejected by Huawei management without any empathy on what cost of transportation has caused.

Employees have been clamoring for salary increment even before the subsidy removal but it was unfortunate that only 30k was eventually added to the salary of some staffs after deduction from outsource vendors according to an employee of 8yrs with RGS global company.

A lot of staffs have been resigning when any opportunity pops up but the rest are stuck with Huawei considering the fact that the organization have a monopoly of handling Services for all network operators in Nigeria. So if you are a transmission operations Engineer you must work with Huawei.

This has led to Huawei enslaving staffs and paying salaries that can't sustain them based on the reality on ground in Nigeria. This is an act of wickedness and it is at this junction that the Federal Government must intervene in order to prevent Huawei from maltreating their staff.

Interestingly, most of the staff are contract staff and are paid peanuts with reduced leave of 10 working days for outsourced staff compared to their counterpart, who are full time staff, that enjoy 15 working days leave.

Bizarrely enough, employees are not allowed to have a union. It's a shame that the Chinese owned Huawei are treating our highly skilled labour force like slaves all because of the monopoly they have on telecommunications Managed Services in Nigeria.

Huawei are yet to inform their employees that a token of 30k monthly payment will be added as palliative to cushion the hardship being felt by the removal of fuel subsidy.

This is complete lack of human feelings from the part of Huawei as cost of living have become unbearable in addition with the high cost of transportation that seem to have taken a lot from many of the staff.

Sad enough, Huawei have refused to review the take home of long term employees that are the pillar of their operations but prefer to bring in new employees and pay them well.

More so, people running four-day shift have resulted to sleeping in the office in a bid to save cost of
transportation and go home only when they go off-duty at the end of their shift. Most of the workers are finding it difficult to meet up with their daily obligations.

Finally, we are appealing to the government to break this monopoly and ensure standard labour practices are being followed in Huawei.
Re: How Much Do You Spend In A Day For Transport by Princeton92(m): 4:40pm On Jul 24, 2023
Re: How Much Do You Spend In A Day For Transport by MrBroke(m): 4:48pm On Jul 24, 2023
Least 1k. On a busy day 1.8k to 2k
Re: How Much Do You Spend In A Day For Transport by Edaro: 4:50pm On Jul 24, 2023
I spend NGN5,200 on transportation to work.
Re: How Much Do You Spend In A Day For Transport by mrfm1: 5:22pm On Jul 24, 2023
Re: How Much Do You Spend In A Day For Transport by Theta1: 5:25pm On Jul 24, 2023
I work from home and most time, my work is at night because of time zone difference.
I go out for shopping only or i am traveling to see my family
Re: How Much Do You Spend In A Day For Transport by saphiere(f): 5:26pm On Jul 24, 2023
Hotwest:
home area girl

U no dey Waka far na

See some of us spend almost 3k within Abuja a day to and fro and still then ur babe wanting money for this and that

Why don't u girls help us to protest topless make govt see d situation is really serious since na only body most of u gat to offer
Seun lalasticlala nlfpmod rule 2
Re: How Much Do You Spend In A Day For Transport by Allisgud: 5:34pm On Jul 24, 2023
Member of TRAN island branch cheesy grin grin grin
Re: How Much Do You Spend In A Day For Transport by arimusg: 5:48pm On Jul 24, 2023
#1,100
Re: How Much Do You Spend In A Day For Transport by alabo1: 5:50pm On Jul 24, 2023
theamazonguru:

\\

It depends. For me even at current fuel rates 1 k fuel gives me 2.5 hours on my gen. My devices are all long lasting. Each of my laptops gives me at least 6 hours of usage. I have three so going to the office and spending 7500 daily on my car or 3000 public transportation is out unless totally necessary
Re: How Much Do You Spend In A Day For Transport by theway2023: 5:51pm On Jul 24, 2023
cry cry

Re: How Much Do You Spend In A Day For Transport by Hotwest: 6:13pm On Jul 24, 2023
saphiere:
Seun lalasticlala nlfpmod rule 2
sharaap dia
Re: How Much Do You Spend In A Day For Transport by Kylekent59: 6:22pm On Jul 24, 2023
Divoc19:
2500 am about to resign cry
Please don't resign
Re: How Much Do You Spend In A Day For Transport by Mamijoh(f): 6:23pm On Jul 24, 2023
600 to and fro
Re: How Much Do You Spend In A Day For Transport by Ajione(m): 6:49pm On Jul 24, 2023
Before 700 but now is 2100 with begging driver's.
Re: How Much Do You Spend In A Day For Transport by bonnyhope: 7:01pm On Jul 24, 2023
Divoc19:
2500 am about to resign cry

Things will get better soon
Re: How Much Do You Spend In A Day For Transport by Nasri100(m): 7:13pm On Jul 24, 2023
Ade1177:

Aswear

The only people that don't know what God has done for them

Even of you make 2k or 20k per day

As long as you don't say yes sir to any boss

You don't wake up by 5am

You are not stuck in traffic by 9.30pm

Anyday you don't feel like working
You just switch off your phone and sleep

That's the real life

Because even 500k
By the time you remove transport of 80k
And other unforseen issues of 50k

You will outgrow the 500k with time

Your own business you plan your life anyhow you like it

People making 300k per month are still complaining that its not enough after deducting transport and expenses

Relax, just cause he works from home dont mean he doesnt work for anybody.

I agree with your point though that having your own business or working for yourself is gold but it takes a lot of work to build a business.
Re: How Much Do You Spend In A Day For Transport by Fashionista01(f): 7:21pm On Jul 24, 2023
Re: How Much Do You Spend In A Day For Transport by Rapheal09: 7:36pm On Jul 24, 2023
hmmmmmm... that one na another case ooooooooo. and salary dem no increase places wey be say u go enter mottor go for 100 or 150 come turn 300 to 400 God abeg come down and come to our aid

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

About Georgia In Europe / Ngel Nyaki Forest Reserve: Please Vote To Protect It / What State Do You Live In?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.