Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,828 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (132) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (407840 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (466) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by drhammed: 10:16pm On Sep 07, 2023
If you're looking for accommodation (a room) in Edmonton, you can send a DM! There's a room (in a 2-bedroom) available in central Edmonton. One of the rooms has a washroom inside the room (and slightly bigger than the other). So, the bigger room is $720 per month, and the small room is $600/month. The Damage deposit is $750 (a one-time payment to be shared by both occupants). The small room is taken, and the big room is available. If you're interested, DM for more information- first-come, first-served. It's close to schools, and grocery stores, and it's in central Edmonton.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by RubyOgex(f): 10:33pm On Sep 07, 2023
guys pls reply. Is pre degree the same as pre university? I'm trying to apply for a college but what I'm seeing is pre university, and it means preparing high school graduates for university, and it's 2yrs too as pre degree.

And again, do i need my polytechnic transcript to apply for pgd or secondary sch transcript? I'm confused
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Army2022: 11:14pm On Sep 07, 2023
If I was to advise I would say, leave at least 80 to 90% of your POF in your account at least 4months before you print your SOA.
This is to avoid explanation of lumpsum in your SOP.
If you can't wait, then you have to explain it very well in your SOP in away the VO will understand and also believe your truth.

isioefe:
Hi, guys. I am currently working on my Canadian application using the study permit route and do currently have some questions. I saved most of my money in dollars using a crypto exchange to edge against the naira inflation. I got these funds via freelancing as a software engineer for years. Now I am bringing the funds back to my naira account so that I can apply for my Canadian visa in a week's time, I have gotten most of my documents ready except the SOP part that explains my proof of funds. Kindly advise on how best I can go about it. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mmcandy21: 12:55am On Sep 08, 2023
quadtunji:

No problem!

I just sent them a mail in this regard. Awaiting their response.
how do i link up with you please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by shupy: 2:25am On Sep 08, 2023
Private Room with private washroom available for rent (Basement) October 1st. Scarborough

$600 + Utility

I require first and last month rent with $200 security deposit.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by quadtunji: 4:04am On Sep 08, 2023
Mmcandy21:
how do i link up with you please?

I have sent you a mail.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by SAMadex11(m): 6:08am On Sep 08, 2023
Please I need this room from Dec 5 2023
Please send me your mail address please. Thanks so greatly

shupy:
Private Room with private washroom available for rent (Basement) October 1st. Scarborough

$600 + Utility

I require first and last month rent with $200 security deposit.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by puffmama: 6:12am On Sep 08, 2023
Good morning all, please is there anyone who submitted their passport in Abuja and also collected in Abuja this month of September.
How many business days did it take ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kels2much(m): 6:52am On Sep 08, 2023
Please is possible to change from post graduate programs to college diploma in same school.
The person didn't get an offer in PG so she's wants to change program because all the programs have closed for January
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mmcandy21: 7:38am On Sep 08, 2023
quadtunji:

I have sent you a mail.
i responded
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by RubyOgex(f): 8:01am On Sep 08, 2023
pls someone should respond. is pre degree called pre university in Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by otunbadan(m): 8:17am On Sep 08, 2023
hello,

Please those anyone know any process to accelerate passport return from VFS, I submitted to UPS and I need it back with after the stamping without any delays?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Fisco123: 8:46am On Sep 08, 2023
Hello people... My visa was approved this week and have submitted my passport at ups lagos but have deferred my admission to next year september 2024 in Memorial University (Mun). Please whats the implication and is there any whatsapp group for Mun student...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by blessedbest: 9:41am On Sep 08, 2023
TradeSunMoore:

Save it on the computer first. Then right click and open with adobe

thank you so much boss, I will give it a try and revert back ASAP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by okpmoses: 9:45am On Sep 08, 2023
Hello everyone.
Is it possible to switch from a 1 year program to 4 years program?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by dotcomnamename: 9:52am On Sep 08, 2023
RubyOgex:
please can you help me, which program can i go for that's related to insurance which is my 1st degree. I want to go for post graduate diploma? is healthy management information okay?

Exactly what i am looking for
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 10:34am On Sep 08, 2023
Has she gotten her student visa, and yes January is only open for those in Canada. She can apply to F2024. Yes she can
kels2much:
Please is possible to change from post graduate programs to college diploma in same school.
The person didn't get an offer in PG so she's wants to change program because all the programs have closed for January
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 10:36am On Sep 08, 2023
You must get to Canada and register in the 1yr program in other for you to do this. Iff you have applied or gotten your study permit
okpmoses:
Hello everyone.
Is it possible to switch from a 1 year program to 4 years program?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 10:39am On Sep 08, 2023
There is no implication, just plan yourself well before taking off. You have enough time to plan your trip and stay
Fisco123:
Hello people... My visa was approved this week and have submitted my passport at ups lagos but have deferred my admission to next year september 2024 in Memorial University (Mun). Please whats the implication and is there any whatsapp group for Mun student...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 10:42am On Sep 08, 2023
What program do you intend to apply? Stick to that and leave Pre-degree or Pre-university. If it is a degree, diploma or PGC just stick to what you already have in mind
RubyOgex:
pls someone should respond. is pre degree called pre university in Canada?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by RubyOgex(f): 11:05am On Sep 08, 2023
check your email, let's connect.
dotcomnamename:

Exactly what i am looking for
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by manforgu: 11:05am On Sep 08, 2023
Just wise, I will like to have a private discussion with you, how do I contact you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by okomoney: 11:11am On Sep 08, 2023
Lavaqueen:

Can college is not eligible for PGWP, hope you're aware of this?. As for your question, is it USD card you are making the payment with? If not try using USD card.

Thanks bro, i know they dont have Work permit. I choose it because it bc of low budget. How to get USA card bro any ideal. I will appreciate. Or any agent that can help to pay. Time is going
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by RubyOgex(f): 11:11am On Sep 08, 2023
Pls guys. Someone that did Arts subjects in secondary school like Economics, Geography, Biology, Literature, Agric, Government, then English and maths. I already have my first degree in Insurance here in Nigeria and I want to pursue for a 2yrs diploma in Canada. Which one should i go for under social science; Psychology or sociology?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by TeePee1605: 11:21am On Sep 08, 2023
AskGod07:

Just say that you are going to Canada for study (course of study) in Conestoga College (campus name) for during of (start date to end date)

I am but how can I reach you so we talk better please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Focusmind: 11:23am On Sep 08, 2023
RubyOgex:
Pls guys. Someone that did Arts subjects in secondary school like Economics, Geography, Biology, Literature, Agric, Government, then English and maths. I already have my first degree in Insurance here in Nigeria and I want to pursue for a 2yrs diploma in Canada. Which one should i go for under social science; Psychology or sociology?

Explore programs in Social Sciences and health. If you have good O 'level grades at "A" or "c" level, try courses in Social and Human Services. You may explore diploma programs in Social Services Workers, Early Childhood Education, Mental Health and Addiction, Clinical Psychology and in extremely rare case, if you are passionate about nursing, you could give Practical Nursing a chance. However, note that practical nursing is one of the most competitive courses in Canada. Most Colleges requires Maths, English, Biology, and Chemistry while some schools requires just English, Maths and Biology for the two year practical nursing program. Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by TeePee1605: 11:28am On Sep 08, 2023
Colehilda:
Hi,

I also recently gained admission into contest oga for the personal support worker for May. Please I have a quick question, for January admission, what is the end date that is on the acceptance letter. Mine is December. I was thinking I could take a semester off in between to work but I think perhaps it’s because it’s May admission so I want to be sure if it’s the same for January admission. Kindly let me know. Thanks

Hi, I also recently got admitted to Conestoga College for Cybersecurity, to start May 2024, don’t know if we could connect to talk better please as I’m new to Nairaland
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MayorJoshofNewY: 11:40am On Sep 08, 2023
Hello Guys,

Does IRCC really need to let you know if you passed your MEDICALS if they are eventually going to refuse you the study permit?

I see a lot of folks saying they got medicals passed and they see nothing eventually?

Anyone with experience on this? How does it work?

MEANWHILE, I just saw medicals passed on the portal of someone I applied for.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MayorJoshofNewY: 12:34pm On Sep 08, 2023
Nora064:

PPR has landed 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
God is indeed faithful

I appreciate all the help I got from this platform as I used the information gathered here to make my application myself.
First time applicant!

Online application submitted 21/08/2023
Biometrics done 25th Aug
Medical Request 29th Aug
Medical done 31st Aug
Medical updated to passed 3rd Sep
BVL and PPR 6th Sep

Whole application was less than 3weeks.

Huge congratulations, Nora.
Happy for your family.

I saw your thread of questions from asking about how to explain a lump sum from a MFB Bank (same here, we had to liquidate and put a letter of explanation), and I saw you got your medicals to pass on Sept. 2nd before PPR.

Medicals passed came in for my family's PA today. In your experience, what is the next step?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Gentlesoul3268: 1:50pm On Sep 08, 2023
Try payday

okomoney:

Thanks bro, i know they dont have Work permit. I choose it because it bc of low budget. How to get USA card bro any ideal. I will appreciate. Or any agent that can help to pay. Time is going
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 1:56pm On Sep 08, 2023
MayorJoshofNewY:

Huge congratulations, Nora.
Happy for your family.

I saw your thread of questions from asking about how to explain a lump sum from a MFB Bank (same here, we had to liquidate and put a letter of explanation), and I saw you got your medicals to pass on Sept. 2nd before PPR.

Medicals passed came in for my family's PA today. In your experience, what is the next step?

Boss, please just be hopeful, upfront medicals passed does not provide any indication of the success or otherwise of an application. The VO that is processing the application is not part of the medical team that reviews your medical examination, when your medical is passed, it means the medical team has reviewed and passed it, and the note is placed on your profile. Your VO is doing the other aspects of the application (POF, career progression, LOA confirmation) when the VO has checked and confirms that you have passed the eligibility, they then check if you have medicals on file, if you have and it is passed, they send you PPR, if you do not have, that is when they send you medical request.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Blackgoldjoe: 2:01pm On Sep 08, 2023
Hello Peejay03. How are you feeling today? Pls were u able to get the template on writing the refusal letter based on not disclosing your previous refusal? I'm in need of that letter too. I'll appreciate it if you can reply back to me. God bless you
peejay03:
Hello everyone,

I was refused a visa on 2 grounds. First is the generic refusal of not been consistent with a temporary stay given the details provided in the application while the second reason is that I submitted a documentation that lacks authenticity. I applied for my GCMS note and it states that i did not disclose my previous refusals which I totally forgot to include in my application.

I intend reapplying and I need help with a template on how to explain these refusals. I've tried writing out something but the English isn't Englishing grin. I'd really appreciate it if someone with similar refusal and has gotten PPR could kindly share their LOE with me.

Alternatively, I won't mind if someone could kindly help me review the SOP used in the previous application to suit the refusal reasons. Kindly indicate please and I'll reach out. Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (466) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: Victoryokondu and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.