Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,767 members, 7,831,469 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (238) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (423753 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (474) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Yuzee(f): 1:46pm On Oct 31, 2023
It’s raining PPR! Congratulations to everyone. We all will testify in Jesus name! Amen!

19 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by jakeroberto(m): 2:03pm On Oct 31, 2023
Habrek:

Which school is that??
kindly reply .

Not school oooh, for passport submission
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Kelex062: 2:17pm On Oct 31, 2023
Kishkosh:
Please help me. I'm abt to book my flight ticket and prices keeps skyrocketing

Whats the current price?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Neche207: 2:36pm On Oct 31, 2023
Please guys, can someone help me confirm is this me Felix of swif travel abroad is legit,make I no go put my hand for wetin go stress me later abeg
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 2:48pm On Oct 31, 2023
You don't need to book if you are using a courier, you only book if it is submitted in person
Francesr:

Please is it a must to book passport submission at VFS Can't it be sent via DHL without the appointment booking??

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by jakeroberto(m): 2:56pm On Oct 31, 2023
Francesr:

Please is it a must to book passport submission at VFS Can't it be sent via DHL without the appointment booking??
I would advice, if you can book for an early date and go yourself if you are chanced and come get it yourself also.....Courier might take time to convey it thro and fro from the Visa Application Center

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ajibowo11(m): 4:45pm On Oct 31, 2023
Good evening sir/ma. Pls cimt just mail me about my COA and I'm scared cos of pgwp. But my guardian said I should use it as stepping stone and get there, then switch to another school that can offer pgwp. But I'm here to ask if it possible or just throway face
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by DelCrux: 4:51pm On Oct 31, 2023
Cant i sponsor my self..just need clarity please
bullstriker:
Your question shows you know little about Canada’s International Student Program. I recommend reviewing the thread or visiting IRCC’s website for basic knowledge.

1. You do not need PoF for a Letter of Acceptance from schools
2. A spouse is the best if the spouse is financially stable. A brother can be a co-sponsor.
3. Depends on the person’s qualifications and goals. Most employers in Canada prefer Canadian work experience to higher level of education.
4. There is no fixed amount for the proof of funds, as it depends on other factors like duration of studies, sponsorship and ability to demonstrate reliable sources of income. For example, if you are sponsoring yourself, you must have the tuition fees and living expenses for the duration of your program OR show funds for one year and a reliable source for subsequent years. On the other hand, if you are using a sponsor, you can show just the cost of education for one year, regardless of the duration of your studies

Tuition fee/year + living expense (10K) + cost of flight and transportation in Canada = Proof of funds.

5. Most schools do not require reference letters for post-graduate programs.
6. Anyone can make the payment for you. No explanation is needed.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by quadtunji: 5:32pm On Oct 31, 2023
Bobomaigida:

Start packing your bags, you are 95% sure of getting PPR, the only thing that can deny the person PPR is if the person fails Medicals.

Oga!, na true you talk........

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Yuzee(f): 5:46pm On Oct 31, 2023
PPR don land? Congratulations!
quadtunji:

Oga!, na true you talk........
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ItzRay(m): 5:49pm On Oct 31, 2023
Hello guys good evening y’all, quick one.

I am about to submit my passport to lagos vfs for stamping, my course will start by January 2024 and end by April 2025 but my passport will expire by March 2025.

Should i renew the passport and submit a fresh copy to vfs for stamping?

Or should i go ahead and submit the current passport to vfs for stamping then when i land in Canada i can then renew it later and request for an extension to April 2025?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by gabby18: 6:15pm On Oct 31, 2023
Kishkosh:

Try ethiopian airlines
Their prices hv been stable for awhile now

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by quadtunji: 6:17pm On Oct 31, 2023
Yuzee:
PPR don land? Congratulations!

Yeah, got it today. Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by quadtunji: 6:20pm On Oct 31, 2023
ItzRay:
Hello guys good evening y’all, quick one.

I am about to submit my passport to lagos vfs for stamping, my course will start by January 2024 and end by April 2025 but my passport will expire by March 2025.

Should i renew the passport and submit a fresh copy to vfs for stamping?

Or should i go ahead and submit the current passport to vfs for stamping then when i land in Canada i can then renew it later and request for an extension to April 2025?

I will advice you go for the former provided you are sure the passport will come out before expiration of passport submission timeline........

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Windblown2much: 6:21pm On Oct 31, 2023
jakeroberto:

He has to come with a consent form from IRCC sign by you and also come with his passport(any valid means of identification), your National Identity card, your biodata page that was acknowledged when you submitted and maybe proof of payment.
Okay
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by jakeroberto(m): 6:46pm On Oct 31, 2023
quadtunji:

I will advice you go for the former provided you are sure the passport will come out before expiration of passport submission timeline........
Don't try getting a passport in Lagos, I repeat don't.....you would just waste your time....cos it won't come early
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bamz555: 7:20pm On Oct 31, 2023
Lavaqueen:

Tuition deposit is 1000CAD
Thanks. Pls what’s d acceptance rate/certainty?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MRtristan: 7:21pm On Oct 31, 2023
Chivincent:
Help me and thank God as I received my PPR today. I am so grateful to him, my agent and everyone on this group who helped me out when I needed help.

Here is my timeline:
First time applicant
Application: 23rd July 2023
Biometrics: 1st August 2023
Medical Request: 12th October 2023
PPR: 31st October 2023.

May God grant everyone here waiting for their ppr their own in Jesus name! Amen

cheesy

Congratulations…please when did you go for your medicals and how long did it take for your medical status to be updated?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MRtristan: 7:25pm On Oct 31, 2023
jakeroberto:
Finally Canada 🇨🇦 we go
Started my application for study visa - 28th Sept, 2023.
Biometrics on - 20th Oct, 2023.
Medicals on - 23rd Oct, 2023.
Finally PPR(passport collected and stamp by Canada)- 31st Oct, 2023
To God be the glory. When all hope was lost, he came through for me.
Also thanks to this lovely platform, for all of your valuable information provided to first timer like myself.

Congrats man, hopefully i get mine soon. Please was it an upfornt medical you did?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by sparkles007: 7:26pm On Oct 31, 2023
Alwaysachick:

I included my post secondary sch (uni) in my resume so they requested for my post secondary transcript. If you don't include they might not request for it. Send a dm so I can share the group link if you want.

Hi, I've sent you a message
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by jakeroberto(m): 7:33pm On Oct 31, 2023
MRtristan:

Congrats man, hopefully i get mine soon. Please was it an upfornt medical you did?
Yes, Bro.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Aduke007: 7:41pm On Oct 31, 2023
Good evening guys! I need help pls, I want to book for upfront medical with IOM. Pls what does UCI and IME Number mean, cause I know I haven't applied yet. It not allowing me to book an appointment for upfront medical. Thanks for your response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by quadtunji: 7:46pm On Oct 31, 2023
JMG12:
You don't need to book if you are using a courier, you only book if it is submitted in person

Good evening good people

I did my biometrics at Lagos VFS office. Please, can I directly send my passport to Abuja and get it back within a week?

If yes, what are the required documents?

Note: the passport I intend to send is different from the one I used for biometrics and I will be using DHL.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bamz555: 7:52pm On Oct 31, 2023
Alwaysachick:

I included my post secondary sch (uni) in my resume so they requested for my post secondary transcript. If you don't include they might not request for it. Send a dm so I can share the group link if you want.
Hello pls respond to ur email. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MmJam: 8:01pm On Oct 31, 2023
Kishkosh:

If you're a first time flyer, I'd advice you use a travel agent to guide you, so you don't be fumble at the airport , also have you checked the requirement for baggage, i booked with Aeroland travel and tours Ltd
to Toronto for 1.6m in first week of January 2024, I've been given my student Visa, will be resuming at Niagara College in the winter.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Jay130: 8:08pm On Oct 31, 2023
Please I’d like to ask if there’s any difference between IRCC updating medical to PASS without requesting for medical(for someone that did upfront medical and submitted the sheet during application ) AND IRCC actually asking for medical again after I’ve already submitted medical sheet.
I’ve been seeing something like people that get a request for medical again after submitting upfront stands 95% chance of getting PPR compared to people that didn’t get request but only the portal was updated to PASS . Please I’d like a response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Glossylips: 8:11pm On Oct 31, 2023
Please, what is the acceptance rate for international students in university of Manitoba, and how long does it take them to give offer letter. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MmJam: 8:12pm On Oct 31, 2023
Aduke007:
Good evening guys! I need help pls, I want to book for upfront medical with IOM. Pls what does UCI and IME Number mean, cause I know I haven't applied yet. It not allowing me to book an appointment for upfront medical. Thanks for your response.

booking with IOM is exhausting, I Booked with Q-life medical, thier website is quite straightforward and they are also approved by IRCC to conduct medicals

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ikgodisgood82: 8:13pm On Oct 31, 2023
jakeroberto:
Finally Canada 🇨🇦 we go
Started my application for study visa - 28th Sept, 2023.
Biometrics on - 20th Oct, 2023.
Medicals on - 23rd Oct, 2023.
Finally PPR(passport collected and stamp by Canada)- 31st Oct, 2023
To God be the glory. When all hope was lost, he came through for me.
Also thanks to this lovely platform, for all of your valuable information provided to first timer like myself.

Thank God for the good news oh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by oyetpel(m): 8:21pm On Oct 31, 2023
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by quadtunji: 8:27pm On Oct 31, 2023
quadtunji:

Good evening good people

I did my biometrics at Lagos VFS office. Please, can I directly send my passport to Abuja and get it back within a week?

Note: the passport I intend to send is different from the one I used for biometrics and I will be using DHL.

Please, I need a response, it is urgent...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 8:29pm On Oct 31, 2023
Why the hurry to get it back within a week?
Yes, you can submit a different passport for stamping
quadtunji:

Good evening good people

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (474) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: darasire1028 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.