Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,844 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (252) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (412334 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (468) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by AskGod07: 9:17pm On Nov 07, 2023
Nothing just that the processing might slow a little bit, they will make a provision for visa stamping.

Since VFS still collecting biometrics and passport request no qualms

Windblown2much:
Who has a reply to this should pls respond

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ObiomaTailor: 9:18pm On Nov 07, 2023
CannyNomad:

ObiomaTailor Another option is that you can supplement them with your statement of result if you have one. What they want to see are your courses, grades and CGPA. At least that was what I used for mine though I understand different schools have different specifics. Good Luck.

Yes I have my statement of result..

Please can u recommend schools for me I can research on?

I'm literally confused n lost my peace

Any suggestions on

Business
Management
Finance or any related field, I'll greatly appreciate...

@cannyNomad @JMG12

please help
Thanks again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Windblown2much: 9:43pm On Nov 07, 2023
AskGod07:

Nothing just that the processing might slow a little bit, they will make a provision for visa stamping.

Since VFS still collecting biometrics and passport request no qualms

ohk thanks!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by sazjun76: 10:00pm On Nov 07, 2023
Thank you

JMG12:
PCC is not a mandatory document
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by sazjun76: 10:00pm On Nov 07, 2023
Anyone going to Red Deer Polytechnic, Alberta. Any whatsapp or telegram group please 🙏

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Abidecdrock(m): 10:09pm On Nov 07, 2023
Good evening house, i tried booking for upfront medical but it keeps asking for Ime number, I have my uci number only.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by wasiubello: 10:11pm On Nov 07, 2023
Dear esteemed Nairalanders,

I am in urgent need of your assistance regarding a matter of utmost importance. I previously assisted a friend in applying for a study visa and included his common-law partner in the application as a dependent. Regrettably, the common-law partner's application was refused due to insufficient evidence of their relationship, and my friend who is, the primary applicant, was approved.

Now, we have gathered ample evidence to support the common-law relationship, and I am eager to reapply promptly. However, I am facing challenges in finding the option to reapply for the common-law partner through my friend's GCKEY account. Has anyone encountered a similar situation before? If so, I would greatly appreciate your guidance.

I am uncertain whether I need to create a new GCKEY account to proceed with the reapplication. If a new account is indeed necessary, could you kindly advise me on which application category I should select? It's worth noting that in the initial combined application, we applied for an open work permit for the common-law partner.

Is it possible to use the primary applicant GCKEY account for the reapplication, and if so, where can I find the option for reapplying for the dependent alone? Your assistance on this matter would be immensely valuable to me.

Thank you for your help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 10:16pm On Nov 07, 2023
You don't need to be confused or lose your peace if you are using ND you will need to provide the transcript and certificate or statement of result but if it is HND, just provide the transcript and certificate or statement of result that is all
Ontario college link
https://www.ontariocolleges.ca/en/apply-now/apply-now-international
Nova scotia community college
Holland college
Bow Valley College
Keyano College
Medicine Hat College
Lakeland College
Saskatchewan Polytechnic
You can still find more
ObiomaTailor:

Yes I have my statement of result..

Please can u recommend schools for me I can research on?

I'm literally confused n lost my peace

Any suggestions on

Business
Management
Finance or any related field, I'll greatly appreciate...

@cannyNomad @JMG12

please help
Thanks again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ferdinard21(m): 10:27pm On Nov 07, 2023
Abidecdrock:
Good evening house, i tried booking for upfront medical but it keeps asking for Ime number, I have my uci number only.

0000 and 0000
Put it like that.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 10:32pm On Nov 07, 2023
You can create a new GCKey account to apply. During the eligibility question, the part that ask if the applicant is accompanying a member with a valid student permit, just answer yes.
wasiubello:
Dear esteemed Nairalanders,

I am in urgent need of your assistance regarding a matter of utmost importance. I previously assisted a friend in applying for a study visa and included his common-law partner in the application as a dependent. Regrettably, the common-law partner's application was refused due to insufficient evidence of their relationship, and my friend who is, the primary applicant, was approved.

Now, we have gathered ample evidence to support the common-law relationship, and I am eager to reapply promptly. However, I am facing challenges in finding the option to reapply for the common-law partner through my friend's GCKEY account. Has anyone encountered a similar situation before? If so, I would greatly appreciate your guidance.

I am uncertain whether I need to create a new GCKEY account to proceed with the reapplication. If a new account is indeed necessary, could you kindly advise me on which application category I should select? It's worth noting that in the initial combined application, we applied for an open work permit for the common-law partner.

Is it possible to use the primary applicant GCKEY account for the reapplication, and if so, where can I find the option for reapplying for the dependent alone? Your assistance on this matter would be immensely valuable to me.

Thank you for your help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by danowena: 11:14pm On Nov 07, 2023
Predator188:
Just -1° Brandon Manitoba Canada..

Wow, I guess it is a warm day in Manitoba.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by bullstriker: 11:41pm On Nov 07, 2023
Go to my profile and click 'send email to...'
ObiomaTailor:

Bullstriker can u please help with ur contact

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Canfulfilment: 2:50am On Nov 08, 2023
Betterlife2018:

Can you share the details here. Others can learn and contribute.

So we got an approval today, 2 days after responding to the PFL. I am the sponsor and I am sponsoring my step-brother.

The PFL was to proof when relationship with sponsor was established, pictures of applicant and sponsor together, chats, etc.

So we wrote a letter on when relationship was established. I have only one picture with applicant, so we added pics of applicant and parents and pics of sponsor with same parents. We added chat between sponsor and applicant, and family group chat. I dowloaded some of the mobile app bank transfer receipts of the money I sent to applicant.

It would have been an outright refusal in my opinion if I had shown only my bank statement in the application. I think they gave us a chance to prove relationship because I paid my brothers first year tuition of $14500 in full. I also deposited 13 million naira in his naira account for his living expenses and the money was there for more than 6 months. I also stated that my basement is available for him to live in given the housing crisis in Canada.

My advise, sponsors should show more commitment by depositing money into applicant’s account and/or paying some tuition fee. And lastly, the big lesson for me is to provide more proof of relationship between sponsor and applicant when submitting your application in the first place. And the last big lesson, start snapping and keeping pictures of you and your relations, you never can tell when it will be a life saver. I do not have pics of my siblings and I. So I will start snapping going forward.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Pholy(m): 3:39am On Nov 08, 2023
For anyone looking for accommodation in Manitoba, there is a one bedroom within a 2br apartment that is available for rent. It comes with its own toilet and shared kitchen.

Current occupant is mother and 2 daughters, using the other room.

Rent set at 700cad per month.
Housemate to pay hydro.

Free Wi-Fi.

Whatsapp me on ‪+44 7745 784501‬

Renters profile - preferably University of Manitoba student and single female.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by oyetpel(m): 4:17am On Nov 08, 2023
Hope this issue of fire incident and suspension of duty by Canada Embassy won't accept prospective applicants?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Alistervibes: 4:52am On Nov 08, 2023
Since you got an approval today. Is it possible IRRC has resumed cause this is good news.

Congratulations fam 🎉

Canfulfilment:

So we got an approval today, 2 days after responding to the PFL. I am the sponsor and I am sponsoring my step-brother.

The PFL was to proof when relationship with sponsor was established, pictures of applicant and sponsor together, chats, etc.

So we wrote a letter on when relationship was established. I have only one picture with applicant, so we added pics of applicant and parents and pics of sponsor with same parents. We added chat between sponsor and applicant, and family group chat. I dowloaded some of the mobile app bank transfer receipts of the money I sent to applicant.

It would have been an outright refusal in my opinion if I had shown only my bank statement in the application. I think they gave us a chance to prove relationship because I paid my brothers first year tuition of $14500 in full. I also deposited 13 million naira in his naira account for his living expenses and the money was there for more than 6 months. I also stated that my basement is available for him to live in given the housing crisis in Canada.

My advise, sponsors should show more commitment by depositing money into applicant’s account and/or paying some tuition fee. And lastly, the big lesson for me is to provide more proof of relationship between sponsor and applicant when submitting your application in the first place. And the last big lesson, start snapping and keeping pictures of you and your relations, you never can tell when it will be a life saver. I do not have pics of my siblings and I. So I will start snapping going forward.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by adigun27: 5:08am On Nov 08, 2023
Please house I had third class in computer science someone here recommend a school for PGD program Conestoga college ,but the issue is that I check d school we're I see international student will pay norefund fee of $1500 plss guru in house educate me or recommend any other school for me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Wsx2: 5:14am On Nov 08, 2023
Immigrants are leaving canada in masses

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by danowena: 7:13am On Nov 08, 2023
A lot of Approvals. I pray it continues

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by danowena: 7:16am On Nov 08, 2023
Wsx2:
Immigrants are leaving canada in masses
Yes na, most leave to the US. The cold in canada no be here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 8:11am On Nov 08, 2023
Yes, that fee is part of your tuition and you only pay it when the school offer you admission
adigun27:
Please house I had third class in computer science someone here recommend a school for PGD program Conestoga college ,but the issue is that I check d school we're I see international student will pay norefund fee of $1500 plss guru in house educate me or recommend any other school for me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Chivincent: 8:47am On Nov 08, 2023
Good day guys, please I just received this mail from VFS:

The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No.XXXXXXX has been received from the IRCC Office on Wed Nov 08 2023 at the Canada Visa Application Centre, Lagos and is ready for collection.

What are the documents required for collection?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Freeman6771: 9:56am On Nov 08, 2023
Chivincent:

The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No.XXXXXXX has been received from the IRCC Office on Wed Nov 08 2023 at the Canada Visa Application Centre, Lagos and is ready for collection.

when did you submit your passport please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Chivincent: 10:10am On Nov 08, 2023
Freeman6771:
when did you submit your passport please?

A week to today
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by adigun27: 10:24am On Nov 08, 2023
You mean what if they no give me visa my $1500 waste like that
JMG12:
Yes, that fee is part of your tuition and you only pay it when the school offer you admission
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 10:28am On Nov 08, 2023
You know what it means: no college won't give you unconditional admission, so the earlier you take the one with the least non-refundable fee, the better for you.
adigun27:
You mean what if they no give me visa my $1500 waste like that
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by jakeroberto(m): 10:29am On Nov 08, 2023
sazjun76:
Anyone going to Red Deer Polytechnic, Alberta. Any whatsapp or telegram group please 🙏
NAIT Alberta
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by jakeroberto(m): 10:30am On Nov 08, 2023
Chivincent:

Congratulations once again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by jakeroberto(m): 10:37am On Nov 08, 2023
Chivincent:

1. You would need, your National Identification Card (NIN).(just in case).
2. Data page of your passport.
3. Invoice of acknowledgement (given to you when you submitted).

But for me, I carried all my documents from A-Z, cos I no want story ....lol

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by jakeroberto(m): 10:38am On Nov 08, 2023
Chivincent:

A week to today
Go now and collect it....don't wait for the 12pm time.....I collected mine by 8:30am
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by donstyle: 10:42am On Nov 08, 2023
Congrats to your step brother. What were his submission and Biometrics dates?

Canfulfilment:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ObiomaTailor: 10:52am On Nov 08, 2023
JMG12:

JMG12, I "sent u a message/mail"

I do not know if u have gotten it

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (468) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: donshegzy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.