Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (263) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (410217 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (467) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by PtBlank: 9:23pm On Nov 13, 2023
N/A
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Windblown2much: 9:25pm On Nov 13, 2023
On the day I did my biometrics, I submitted an email different from the one used for the study permit application. Hope this wouldn't affect anything?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by askarachi: 10:19pm On Nov 13, 2023
Please anyone familiar with ApplyBoard here I need help

An agent helped me to get admission via ApplyBoard but started asking for ridiculous money for visa application so I want to do it myself. They’re now refusing to release the updated LOA the school sent to ApplyBoard. Is anyone familiar with a way I can get the letter or the code for the letter myself?

I’ve mailed the school and they assured me they’ve sent it

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by bullstriker: 11:00pm On Nov 13, 2023
Canada is correct.
You don’t need to explain the country of residence stated in the previous application
halle2:

Thanks so much. This is helpful.
On the application form, is it correct to state her current residence as Nigeria or Canada? We were already thinking of stating her address as Canada in the reapplication and explaining that she erroneously stated Nigeria because that is her permanent residence. We are being careful not to give any impression of misrepresentation.

Thanks again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by bullstriker: 11:05pm On Nov 13, 2023
Explain the situation to the school and ask for a copy of the LoA. Also, provide them your email so you can receive all their communication.

They will ask for your personal information to verify your identity
askarachi:
Please anyone familiar with ApplyBoard here I need help

An agent helped me to get admission via ApplyBoard but started asking for ridiculous money for visa application so I want to do it myself. They’re now refusing to release the updated LOA the school sent to ApplyBoard. Is anyone familiar with a way I can get the letter or the code for the letter myself?

I’ve mailed the school and they assured me they’ve sent it

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Aboffine: 12:43am On Nov 14, 2023
Hello Everyone.

Please, I need your help with this.

I'm currently in school in Canada and my husband who is in Nigeria wants to apply for spousal work permit. I was wondering if I have to apply for him or he should apply by himself. I need to extend my study permit next month, can we apply together?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Damilare5882(m): 2:42am On Nov 14, 2023
Kelex062:
I have a questions guys.
My school is in New Brunswick and I'm taking a flight to Montreal, what are the chances they ask me for a connecting flight to New Brunswick at the Montreal POE. I would like to stay at Montreal for some days.
Not scaring you ooo but Speaking from USA 🇺🇸 experience, if you like yourself.. jejely take a direct flight to New Brunswick !!!! You never enter you want go dey branch Dey greet people!! A lot of people have been sent back at the POE cos of stuffs like this .. Weytin you wan tell Customs sey you come Montreal con do without connecting ticket ?? Tell them that you want to stay there for a while ?? Huh 🤔 May village people no add salt to our matter o !! When you settle down you can decide to go to Montreal or anywhere else you want to. Anything wey you wan do at least REPORT DIRECTLY TO YOUR SCHOOL FIRST .. That’s my 2cent.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MatrixReloaded: 3:55am On Nov 14, 2023
Damilare5882:
Not scaring you ooo but Speaking from USA 🇺🇸 experience, if you like yourself.. jejely take a direct flight to New Brunswick !!!! You never enter you want go dey branch Dey greet people!! A lot of people have been sent back at the POE cos of stuffs like this .. Weytin you wan tell Customs sey you come Montreal con do without connecting ticket ?? Tell them that you want to stay there for a while ?? Huh 🤔 May village people no add salt to our matter o !! When you settle down you can decide to go to Montreal or anywhere else you want to. Anything wey you wan do at least REPORT DIRECTLY TO YOUR SCHOOL FIRST .. That’s my 2cent.
Him think say na ogbomoso connecting flight to ikotun egbe

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Damilare5882(m): 4:06am On Nov 14, 2023
MatrixReloaded:

Him think say na ogbomoso connecting flight to ikotun egbe
Lol .. I remember back then , na from layover wey we get for Qatar den dey send some people back home cos of issues like this .den no even let them reach US soil at all . one guy wey him school dey Indiana go buy NewYork ticket without connecting flight ticket to Indy.. na so den bounce am .. even with your connecting flight ticket sef , if person meet one hard I.O for POE , him go still ask why … If the reason no genuine like this .. back home straight !!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Wsx2: 5:36am On Nov 14, 2023
Hmmm,

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Wsx2: 5:37am On Nov 14, 2023
Contd…

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by our9ja: 5:58am On Nov 14, 2023
Okay thanks, i plan to apply for their post graduate Diploma on project mananement
Zannix:

Holland College
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Predator188: 7:36am On Nov 14, 2023
Aboffine:
Hello Everyone.

Please, I need your help with this.

I'm currently in school in Canada and my husband who is in Nigeria wants to apply for spousal work permit. I was wondering if I have to apply for him or he should apply by himself. I need to extend my study permit next month, can we apply together?
You can apply together and on his behalf using your own mycic account he will need to sign the use of representative form..you as his representative..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Badadvisor: 8:31am On Nov 14, 2023
Neespace:
Hello can someone help me out here I recently got admission for the UM 1 program in university of Manitoba on the 6th of October I am looking to start the visa application now with my agent can someone please help me with any necessary guidance
January or may 2024 intake?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Badadvisor: 8:45am On Nov 14, 2023
bangist:
Please I would like to know the exact amount in naira to show as POF for a person going for a 2 years programme but has paid the full tuition for one year.
Did you do the 10k gic deposit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Popson09: 9:27am On Nov 14, 2023
Good day. Please, who got approved using investment company for POF?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Freeman6771: 10:50am On Nov 14, 2023
Kelex062:
I have a questions guys.
My school is in New Brunswick and I'm taking a flight to Montreal, what are the chances they ask me for a connecting flight to New Brunswick at the Montreal POE. I would like to stay at Montreal for some days.
I’ll like to get in contact with you. I’ve sent you and email.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Freeman6771: 10:54am On Nov 14, 2023
Is anyone here going to Cambrian college at Sudbury and will be resuming this January? Please signify
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by thofunmie: 12:22pm On Nov 14, 2023
Hello House,

i have a question, how soon can i go to canada if my study starts in May 2024, and i have been issued my visa. Can i go by january 2024 ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Aboffine: 12:24pm On Nov 14, 2023
Predator188:

Thank you. You can apply together and on his behalf using your own mycic account he will need to sign the use of representative form..you as his representative..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ditha(f): 12:31pm On Nov 14, 2023
Hi,
I applied for my sister who was visiting me in canada and she was approved. We used the new portal and from the start of the application we specified that this was an “outside CAnada application”. But in the place where u get to put current address, we put our address in canada.You should go through the info here: https://www.algonquincollege.com/international/student-handouts/visitors-in-canada-applying-for-a-study-permit/
halle2:
Hello everyone
Please has anyone here with visitor visa status in Canada successfully applied for a study permit while in Canada? A family relative is in a dilemma because she was denied study permit while here in Canada based on insufficient funds and that the purpose of visit is not consistent with a temporary stay based on what she provided in her application. Please note that she had paid the full tuition fee for the one year program plus approx N10M in her account.

One other thing is that she stated her Nigerian address as her residence but someone said she should have used her current address in Canada. The reason she did that was because of the belief that she is not eligible to apply for study permit from inside Canada. Note that she is still within her 6month validity as a visitor.

Must she go back to Nigeria to reapply? We can address the financial concerns raised, it's just navigating this issue on a visitor status that is our main concern. Her husband and kids are back in Nigeria and are worried as well.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Flakeyy: 1:10pm On Nov 14, 2023
Hello, please I need some help. My brother just gained admission and my husband and I want to be his sponsor, though my mom is still alive. I’m a PR in Canada and I have the proof of funds in CAD. Will his application be denied if I’m his sponsor?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 1:25pm On Nov 14, 2023
Hello, I have some questions.
1. How old is your brother?
2. Is your brother working?
3. Marital status?
Flakeyy:
Hello, please I need some help. My brother just gained admission and my husband and I want to be his sponsor, though my mom is still alive. I’m a PR in Canada and I have the proof of funds in CAD. Will his application be denied if I’m his sponsor?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MatrixReloaded: 1:41pm On Nov 14, 2023
thofunmie:
Hello House,

i have a question, how soon can i go to canada if my study starts in May 2024, and i have been issued my visa. Can i go by january 2024 ?
I believe your visa should be study permit which usually comes with a 3 months prior to POE. Most permit have validity period which usually rakes 3 months for the bearer to migrate. That being said, issuance of such permit when your studies resume may 2024 is not new nevertheless it should have a validity on it. Check and get back. Unless none you can travel next year April ending or early May.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by IredeJ(m): 2:26pm On Nov 14, 2023
I think this is smart. Checking this out now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by IredeJ(m): 2:28pm On Nov 14, 2023
Humber College
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by jakeroberto(m): 2:30pm On Nov 14, 2023
Flakeyy:
You would have to deposit some amount in his account, so he can use it as POF also using his statement of account after a period of 4 months. And also pay the 1 year tuition also.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by sheikh007(m): 2:47pm On Nov 14, 2023
IredeJ:
Humber College

This is how a sample LOA from humber should look like.. is it same as what you submitted?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Flakeyy: 4:06pm On Nov 14, 2023
JMG12:
Hello, I have some questions.
1. How old is your brother?
2. Is your brother working?
3. Marital status?

He’s 26, single and just finished school. He’s doing his NYSC now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Kamsi99: 4:36pm On Nov 14, 2023
Please anyone here knows any universities in canada for BSc in pharmacy? From my research I can only see PhD in pharmacy in most universities but not Bsc.

Please help if you know any
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Kamsi99: 4:37pm On Nov 14, 2023
Please anyone here knows any universities in canada for BSc in pharmacy? From my research I can only see PhD in pharmacy in most universities but not Bsc.

PLEASE HELP IF YOU KNOW ANY

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (467) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: Betterlife2018, Mivy(f) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.