Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,319 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (399) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (408510 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) ... (466) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by deeteeneey(f): 1:07pm On Feb 10
sherryju:

Thank you so much. I submitted 2m+ from my salary account and 32m from my sponsor's account who happens to be spouse
Property valuation of 105,000,000 naira.
I am not sure if I did explained enough but i did, maybe not enough.
my application was done by me.

could you please help on how property valuation can be done?

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ab4m: 3:13pm On Feb 10
Hello house,

Is there a way, or is it advisable, to ask for the status of application? I applied the first week of November and have had no response till now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by sherryju: 3:31pm On Feb 10
Thank you again, can we please chat privately?
Vikkyexman:

There's no timeframe set for you to reapply. However, regarding this ongoing new rules, you might need attestation letter from the province you want to study before you can reapply unless you are a master or PhD student.

Kindly note that gcms notes takes about 30 days for you to receive it, but I strongly believe that improper documentation of your POF or SOP is the issue. In my case, I was rejected also for financial reason and I reapply after one week by writing another SOP tailored to address the refusal reason by telling the officer how I met the financial requirement. I also submitted additional documents (more sources of funds) to back up the claim. Although I later ordered the gcms note, and the concern of the officer was he didn't satisfy regarding the source of funds, limited evidence pertaining to the source of funds and how I accumulated my savings. With that, I had 80% confidence that I was going to be approved for my second application because of the additional documents submitted because I knew I have money and not because of insufficient funds why I was rejected.

Sometimes, since you don't know who will handle your application, it's recommended to write SOP of what a 5 year old boy will understand. Ensure you read and read over and over again. Ask for people's review and ask if they understand the SOP and if it's convincing enough. In addition, ensure you don't over compress your documents.

Order your GCMS notes as well.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by sherryju: 3:37pm On Feb 10
Please house, I want to ask if we can use company account now instead of my husband personal account statements that was used in the previous application that was refused.
Any useful information will help me a lot.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Nauttyprof(m): 3:51pm On Feb 10
ab4m:
Hello house,

Is there a way, or is it advisable, to ask for the status of application? I applied the first week of November and have had no response till now.

Yes, raise a webform and also send emails to Nairobi asking for this. Mention that your application has exceeded the 9 weeks processing time stated on the website.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by evansky(m): 4:18pm On Feb 10
sherryju:

the house, I want to ask if we use company account now instead of my husband personal account statements.

Personal account is more preferable, there’s this believe that VO has that company accounts usually have more than one signatures to get funds out of the account. Personal account is more preferred. The way you also build up your account is more important. If there’s any lump sum, you must proof with documents how you earn the money. Also, I think but not verified that closing and opening balance matters.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by TunnyOgunnowo(m): 4:46pm On Feb 10
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Vikkyexman: 5:04pm On Feb 10
sherryju:
Thank you again, can we please chat privately?

Yes you can. Send me email @ myblogs2016@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Vikkyexman: 5:09pm On Feb 10
TunnyOgunnowo:
Hello guys I have a few questions.

I applied for my study visa and I was approved. My studies begin in September but here's my questions.

1. When I applied, exchange rate was less than 700 naira. But now it's over 1k. So at POE, when I'm being examined, will they be using the exchange rate at when I applied or exchange rate at the date of entry into Canada?

2. I applied with POF that shows tuition, living expenses for the first year of my studies (my program is 2 years) and transport to Canada. Though I explained my income and how to intend to generate income for my second year and return ticket. But at POE will I be asked to show the funds for my second year??

I just need general tips on the review process at POE and how to answer them. Thank you.

No one will ask you for POF of your second year. They can only ask you how you intend to pay for second year tuition fee. Ensure you have like USD5k in cash with you and show the balance in your phone or print your bank statement of 1 month with you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 5:26pm On Feb 10
Vikkyexman:

No one will ask you for POF of your second year. They can only ask you how you intend to pay for second year tuition fee. Ensure you have like USD5k in cash with you and show the balance in your phone or print your bank statement of 1 month with you.

Isn't 5K too much?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Vikkyexman: 5:43pm On Feb 10
zubizareta:

Isn't 5K too much?

Between USD2k to USD5k will do. In my case, it was USD5k.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 5:55pm On Feb 10
Vikkyexman:

Between USD2k to USD5k will do. In my case, it was USD5k.
Well, most times they don't even ask about the amount you have in cash.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Morexx23: 6:21pm On Feb 10
Nauttyprof:

Since you received an email from IOM, that's a confirmation that they've sent it. In my case, what I did was to send them an email asking them to confirm receipt of the medical assessment. It was confirmed same day on my portal that I passed.

Pls was the email address u use to send messages to IOM…
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by sherryju: 6:28pm On Feb 10

sherryju:
Please house, I want to ask if we can use company account now instead of my husband personal account statements that was used in the previous application that was refused.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by TunnyOgunnowo(m): 6:59pm On Feb 10
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Vikkyexman: 7:00pm On Feb 10
sherryju:

Please who is the principal applicant? You or your husband? The PA must submit his or her personal bank statement, other account statement can be used to support your application. You can submit your company's bank statement to proof how you accumulate your savings in personal account and also show previous receipts of the job/contracts or services completed to show the main source/s of where the money actually came from. Whether you've used your bank statement before has nothing to do with your new application as all applications are treated on its own merit. What you need are proofs to convince the officer.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Nauttyprof(m): 7:19pm On Feb 10
Morexx23:

Pls was the email address u use to send messages to IOM…

I sent email to IRCC for confirmation since IOM had confirmed that my medical assessment has been sent to IRCC.

If you want to contact IOM, you can send your email to iomlagosmedicalbooking@iom.int

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by evansky(m): 8:54pm On Feb 10
Are you sure about the last statement? What about those that previously used their account to sponsor their spouse and want to re-use it after their spouse has gotten their visa and still in Nigeria to apply for a SOWP?

Vikkyexman:

Please who is the principal applicant? You or your husband? The PA must submit his or her personal bank statement, other account statement can be used to support your application. You can submit your company's bank statement to proof how you accumulate your savings in personal account and also show previous receipts of the job/contracts or services completed to show the main source/s of where the money actually came from. Whether you've used your bank statement before has nothing to do with your new application as all applications are treated on its own merit. What you need are proofs to convince the officer.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Morexx23: 10:07pm On Feb 10
Nauttyprof:

I sent email to IRCC for confirmation since IOM had confirmed that my medical assessment has been sent to IRCC.

If you want to contact IOM, you can send your email to iomlagosmedicalbooking@iom.int

Thankssss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mamaoseme33: 10:45pm On Feb 10
TonnieA:

I did my upfront medicals at IOM December 15th. Pls How did you confirm your medicals has been sent to IRCC?
Though I received a mail from IOM on Jan 16th Sending my medical results.

Ahh your own is good o, mine Stayed with them for almost two 2 months. Send them an email asking if your results has been sent to IRCC
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by nnamdi346: 12:19am On Feb 11
Quick question on behalf of someone:

I'm currently enrolled in the Practical Nursing program at Georgian College, Ontario for the January to April 2024 semester and have been accepted into the same program at a Lethbridge college in Alberta, starting in September 2024. Is it permissible according to IRCC regulations for me to end my studies at Georgian College after the first semester in April 2024 and wait until September 2024 to begin my studies in Lethbridge? Specifically, what steps should I take to ensure my study permit remains valid during the break from April to September?

I'm changing school and province cos of family unification.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 1:56am On Feb 11
nnamdi346:

I'm currently enrolled in the Practical Nursing program at Georgian College, Ontario for the January to April 2024 semester and have been accepted into the same program at a Lethbridge college in Alberta, starting in September 2024. Is it permissible according to IRCC regulations for me to end my studies at Georgian College after the first semester in April 2024 and wait until September 2024 to begin my studies in Lethbridge? Specifically, what steps should I take to ensure my study permit remains valid during the break from April to September?

It depends. The person must not be out of school for more than 150 days. Let the person ensure they stick to this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by dehiero: 4:49am On Feb 11
I’m trying to get a refund from conestoga I am unable to fill and submit the withdrawal form on the site …has anyone had any experience with refund from conestoga before how do I proceed…I have emailed them no response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Engineerito: 1:58pm On Feb 11
Good afternoon house please I'm just applying for mohawk college but got stuck at a point where I was asked to upload visa documents required and have got none of the listed documents to be uploaded what can I do to bypass that stage cos there's no way I can move to the next page if I don't upload any document.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by jogojogo: 2:25pm On Feb 11
Guys, I need urgent response please...
I got a passport request 4 days for my Kids to join their mum in Canada.
What are the steps in doing this if I am to send to DHL?
What are the associated fees please?
I learnt there is a transmission fees if you are submitting to a different Visa Office other than where Bio-metric is done.
In this case, Bio-metric was never done as they are below the age requirement but my Statement of Purpose was address to the Lagos Visa Office, though upfront medical was done in Abuja
Someone is submitting on my behalf and I need to guide him.
I am currently in the UK
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by buzorik(m): 3:05pm On Feb 11
Pls if I may ask how long does Canada work visa takes to come out
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by dehiero: 3:11pm On Feb 11
Hello house I’m trying to get a refund from conestoga I am unable to fill and submit the withdrawal form on the site …has anyone had any experience with refund from conestoga before how do I proceed…I have emailed them no response

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 4:43pm On Feb 11
When an international student changes institution, the college or university notifies the IRCC that he or she is no longer registered to study there. So you must notify IRCC to avoid being deported hoe to do this is easy. Login to your IRCC portal and click on “Transfer from DLI number” under the section “Designated Learning Institution Student Transfer. Then follow the actions as seen on the portal.
nnamdi346:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 4:46pm On Feb 11
There is always a transmission fee even if you are submitting it where you did the Biometrics, I will suggest you go to the biometric center or their office within the UK and submit there do whatever you are told.
jogojogo:
Guys, I need urgent response please...
I got a passport request 4 days for my Kids to join their mum in Canada.
What are the steps in doing this if I am to send to DHL?
What are the associated fees please?
I learnt there is a transmission fees if you are submitting to a different Visa Office other than where Bio-metric is done.
In this case, Bio-metric was never done as they are below the age requirement but my Statement of Purpose was address to the Lagos Visa Office, though upfront medical was done in Abuja
Someone is submitting on my behalf and I need to guide him.
I am currently in the UK
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ramos511: 5:14pm On Feb 11
Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bunki3(m): 6:21pm On Feb 11
Guys my case is I was to resume January but up till now my visa is not yet out. And I can’t defer from the school portal, what should I do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Rapujoshua: 7:17pm On Feb 11
Hello Everyone
Please who has used Form A in the last few weeks, please what rate was the CAD/naira transaction done? Please

(1) (2) (3) ... (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) ... (466) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: Ajebogirl, olawumi2005(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.