Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,518 members, 7,816,257 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (450) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (407366 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) ... (466) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by gbenshe: 9:41am On Apr 10
It will be sent to the email used in registration

Wonder1844:
How can one get the invitation code required for sign up?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Lance008(m): 10:40am On Apr 10
Please can your age lead to refusal to diploma to Canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by williams20(m): 11:02am On Apr 10
ibcircuit:

Only a deposit will not do.

Conestoga is on a hot seat presently as the school with the largest enrollment and additionally, the same school is witnessing a huge number of withdrawals and asylum applications, PAL is now very competitive and for them to stay in business they have to give PAL to students who will likely continue school when they arrive in Canada, Many people abandoned their 1500CAD deposit and moved on when they landed in Canada

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by williams20(m): 11:04am On Apr 10
Lance008:
Please can your age lead to refusal to diploma to Canada

many factors can lead to a refusal because of age

1. career progression
2. relevance of the previous program
3. If applicant is old and has only High school certificate and now applying for a diploma after 20 years of leaving high school , why did you suddenly decide to go back to school , what have you been doing since

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by kasie1(f): 11:19am On Apr 10
Please does a child of 10 years need acceptance letter while submitting study permit alongside with parents?
Parent has acceptance letter already and is going for masters.
Does a child need any?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Rhythmnation: 11:19am On Apr 10
Please how can I locate the visa number on my passport urgently
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 11:23am On Apr 10
No, you don't need to, have you raised webform? POE you will show the updated LOA
Eraytee:
Hello everyone, please I need a clarification on this, I want to defer my spouse admission to September 2024 as application is now 16weeks after submission.. last update on tracker shows 3rd of April, school resumes first week of May 2024. If new offer letter is issued do we need to inform IRCC about the new start date?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JustMellow: 11:24am On Apr 10
bobodudu100:
Yes my intended school Ottawa uni give partial scholarships . But I am looking for a means to offset the remaining hill. I am in the process of securing a supervisor . Pls anyone had fully funded programme through scholarships . Kindly share how you went about it or if you know the process please share thanks

Hello Bobodudu100,

Good to know you are making efforts to secure one.

Since the question relates to academic supervision, I will just drop some quick hints about contacting a supervisor, which has no definite approach, for public digest.

• Start by reviewing the list of faculty members on the program page.

• Trim the members down to the numbers whose research areas directly align with your research interests.

• Check for their most recent publications and/or research, or if they have an upcoming webinar. Don't fail to attend the webinar if there is open.

n.b.
Mostly, some supervisors are quick to turn down a supervision request but don't let it deter your morale.

• Compose an email of about 50 - 100 words and use an attractive SUBJECT. You can attach your résumè, but it's optional.

• The email should reflect your research interest linking it to that of the supervisor, with concise reasons why interested in researching under the professor's guidance, including the benefits the research would bring to the professor's research or academic objectives.

• Reference a supervisor by the title as stated in the list of faculty members on the program page. For Academic Statement/SOP writing, chat on IG/X with @GCMSWriters.

Best Wishes!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JustMellow: 11:36am On Apr 10
shinaxurdick:
Good afternoon gurus in the house.

My application is now more than 14weeks, without any updates, what is still showing on the portal is ‘’confirmation of online application transmission’’ according to the agent that submitted the application.
And i am to resume class first week of May.

Pls what else can i do, is there a phone number to reach them ?

Thank you 🙏 all.

Hello Shinaxurdick,

A timeline of 14 weeks can show "Confirmation of Online Application Transmission" and "Confirmation of Submission" (, and Biometrics Collection Letter) as the most recent thread updates.

To help you know the activities going on with your application, if you have the Application number, you can request your GCMS notes. If you want, use the below link for the request.

https://gcmswriters.com/gcms-notes/

Best Wishes!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JustMellow: 11:37am On Apr 10
freshStarz:
What's PAL please?

Hello FreshStarz,

Provincial Attestation Letter.

Best Wishes!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Okeyboy90: 12:39pm On Apr 10
Good morning
Does any of IOM Lagos or QLife clinic do upfront medicals for Canada study permit?

Can I get a date by last week of April? I don't reside in Lagos but ready to travel by month end for this purpose; difficult to get time out of work....someone help with info please.....upfront medicals?

Please I really need an urgent response
07034362227 Whatsapp number
okechukwujingle90@gmail.com (email address)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by gbenshe: 12:50pm On Apr 10
Both of them offer upfront medical. The last time I checked on April 8, QLife available date was from April 20 to .... IOM available date was from the next day to ..... meaning that IOM has more availability and quicker date for medical examination.
You just have to register on both portal to find out the best date that is suitable for you. Then make payment for only one.

Okeyboy90:
Good morning
Does any of IOM Lagos or QLife clinic do upfront medicals for Canada study permit?

Can I get a date by last week of April? I don't reside in Lagos but ready to travel by month end for this purpose; difficult to get time out of work....someone help with info please.....upfront medicals?

Please I really need an urgent response
07034362227 Whatsapp number
okechukwujingle90@gmail.com (email address)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by gbenshe: 12:57pm On Apr 10
@ Okeyboy90

Suggestion: due to the nature of your work, you can travel on Saturday/Sunday to your choice destination. Complete your biometric on Monday. Complete your medical on Tuesday. Travel back to your location on Tuesday after your medical. That means two working days off to complete the processes.

gbenshe:
Both of them offer upfront medical. The last time I checked on April 8, QLife available date was from April 20 to .... IOM available date was from the next day to ..... meaning that IOM has more availability and quicker date for medical examination.
You just have to register on both portal to find out the best date that is suitable for you. Then make payment for only one.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by askarachi: 1:14pm On Apr 10
Chubby682:

Hello everyone. I would to like to know if anyone has gotten admission or to Sheridan college or Niagara college for January 2024 intake or any update on colleges for the 2024 intake on this forum, I have applied to these colleges since April and I haven't received any response. Thanks
Please confirm if these colleges are still handing out admission to international student. I’m aware this cap really affected the rate at which colleges are admitting students now. Please do proper research
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Eraytee: 2:02pm On Apr 10
Thanks for your response @JMG12, yes I raised webform few weeks back which was acknowledged, after a week of acknowledgment we saw update on tracker on 3rd April. My confusion now is, is it possible for SP application to be approved even when program have commenced?

JMG12:
No, you don't need to, have you raised webform? POE you will show the updated LOA
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by CokeBar(f): 2:05pm On Apr 10
If you'd be studying at Durham, Ontario Tech or Trent University, Oshawa and you need Airbnb Rental, hit me up.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Eraytee: 2:05pm On Apr 10
Thanks 🙏🏽,I will request for gcms

Bobomaigida:

Yes you have to so that the validity of the SP will cover the lenght of the new start date.
16 weeks is a long time though. Request for your GCMS notes to just to see what has been done on the application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Purpleivy(f): 3:24pm On Apr 10
Good afternoon people, please I beg… I need someone who has had their study visa approved to help me with their SOP format/guideline 🥹🙏
Kindly reach me via komebee@gmail.com
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by awys: 3:48pm On Apr 10
Hello Please is any student coming to Manitoba in August. I am looking for someone to share apartment with. My lease expires in July and move- in date is in August 1st. we can rent together. Female but I can also consider male. Also anyone who has room or apartment to rent please let me know. I am looking at Pembina Areas. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 3:50pm On Apr 10
Yes, your resumption date has nothing to do with the decision time frame.
Eraytee:
Thanks for your response @JMG12, yes I raised webform few weeks back which was acknowledged, after a week of acknowledgment we saw update on tracker on 3rd April. My confusion now is, is it possible for SP application to be approved even when program have commenced?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by awys: 3:57pm On Apr 10
.[quote author=Lance008 post=129338990]Please house what is my chance of getting the visa if am going for 1yr course in Canada
Someone told me not advisable [/quo
PLEASE DO NOT ALLOW ANY HEARSAYS DISCOURAGE YOU FORM ACHIEVING YOUR GOALS. I CAME IN THORUGH STUDY VISA OF 1YEAR IN 2021 AND I ALREADY HAVE MY PR. IF YOU ARE NOT INSIDE THE COUNTRY OR SYSTEM YOU WOULD NOT KNOW WHATS HAPPENING UNTIL YOU GET IN.GO AHEAD WITH YOUR PROCESS PRAYERFULLY YOU WILL GET IT

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by awys: 4:00pm On Apr 10
PLEASE DO NOT ALLOW ANY HEARSAYS DISCOURAGE YOU FORM ACHIEVING YOUR GOALS. I CAME IN THORUGH STUDY VISA OF 1YEAR IN 2021 AND I ALREADY HAVE MY PR. IF YOU ARE NOT INSIDE THE COUNTRY OR SYSTEM YOU WOULD NOT KNOW WHATS HAPPENING UNTIL YOU GET IN.GO AHEAD WITH YOUR PROCESS PRAYERFULLY YOU WILL GET IT
Lance008:
Please house what is my chance of getting the visa if am going for 1yr course in Canada
Someone told me not advisable

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Shukusheka(m): 4:41pm On Apr 10
Please do student already in Canada require a Provincial Attestation Letter to apply for their Student Permit Extension?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 4:53pm On Apr 10
no, they don't
Shukusheka:
Please do student already in Canada require a Provincial Attestation Letter to apply for their Student Permit Extension?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ibcircuit: 5:56pm On Apr 10
williams20:

Conestoga is on a hot seat presently as the school with the largest enrollment and additionally, the same school is witnessing a huge number of withdrawals and asylum applications, PAL is now very competitive and for them to stay in business they have to give PAL to students who will likely continue school when they arrive in Canada, Many people abandoned their 1500CAD deposit and moved on when they landed in Canada

Thank you for the information shared . It is well appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Predator188: 6:53pm On Apr 10
cool

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by gbenshe: 8:13pm On Apr 10

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ColdHunter(f): 8:50pm On Apr 10
@ JMG12 I sent you a PM.

Could you be kind enough to reply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Shukusheka(m): 9:41pm On Apr 10
JMG12:
no, they don't
Isn't a Provincial Attestation Letter a compulsory requirement for application for Study Permit? Does this mean it is only applicable for new study permit applications and not required for a study permit extension?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Canfulfilment: 10:42pm On Apr 10
gbenshe:

I’ve been trying to book on IOM’s website, but I get this “not available prompt”. Do you know how I can go about booking appointment with IOM?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Flint029: 11:57pm On Apr 10
Sorry sir/ma
Is it all colleges or universities refund the tuition fee if they refuse the visa?
Bobomaigida:

The exact amount you paid then will be returned to you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Daaaz0409: 12:00am On Apr 11
freshStarz:

You didn't use Ur passport for the school application?
it wasn’t part of the requirements

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) ... (466) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.