Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,273 members, 7,829,609 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (422053 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (473) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 7:32pm On Aug 10, 2023
MayorJoshofNewY:
Hello Zubi,

Done. I'm awaiting your response. Many thanks.
Responded to your mail.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Chibudinho55(m): 7:38pm On Aug 10, 2023
Ayobamiaz:
Is it just me I submitted my application on the 25th of July and nothing has changed at all…I’m a September entry what can or should I do ?
You are not alone brother, i submitted on the 31st and nothing since then. Although, my resumption is in October.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 7:59pm On Aug 10, 2023
They will let you know for the medical, the statement should not be an issue since it is in your POF session
ExcellenceAb:
Hi! Everyone, I noticed this in my application stage list, does that mean that I won't be requiring any medical test? I thought medical examination was compulsory for everyone staying more than 6 months.

Lastly, during the application, I added my bank statement to the documents I uploaded under POF and also among the documents I uploaded in "client information" because I wanted to make a strong explanation about it in my SOP, subtitled "funding". The problem here is that the bank statement under "client's information" appears to be very blurry but the one in POF is very clear, will this be an issue?

Thank you for your response in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 8:03pm On Aug 10, 2023
1. list of colleges in Ontario you can search for college in other province https://www.ontariocolleges.ca/en/apply-now/apply-now-international
2. You, can but one step at a time, or your wife be the principal applicant while you and the kids dependant
3. Yes
Kamsydalu:
Thanks for the information, no longer interested on agent.
Please, I need the following information;
1. How to get College admission
2. How to get work permit for my wife
3. Can I travel with my wife and 2 children through College Visa
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JesuTubo: 8:08pm On Aug 10, 2023
Hello, My first time here, Please I need help. I was told that doing course registration is important for visa application to boost my chances. Please is it really important or I can just proceed with my application without that?[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 8:10pm On Aug 10, 2023
Visa refusal can cause something else, sorry about.
Are you going alone?
It seem you were refused based on insufficient means of funds
MayorJoshofNewY:

GUYS, PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We got Generic Refusal Letter today shortly after BVL. This is the quoted reason

"• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable)."

Total funds needed for the TWO years MSc is 60,000 CAD equivalent to about 35Million at exchange rate of 580 Naira to 1 CAD.

We used spouse's Account with Opening Balance of 8M and closing of 16.5M and an Investment Certificate of 20M and Accompanying Reference letter to IRCC.

From the officer's response, what can we do better as we intend to RE-APPLY almost immediately.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Lolatomi090: 8:17pm On Aug 10, 2023
Kamsydalu:
Thanks for the information, no longer interested on agent.
Please, I need the following information;
1. How to get College admission
2. How to get work permit for my wife
3. Can I travel with my wife and 2 children through College Visa
Thank you.

1) There are different colleges you can apply from in Canada, make sure it's opened for PGWP (Conestoga, Seneca, Cambrian, Canadore, Fleming, Humber… these are a few colleges) check their requirements and apply.

2/3) While applying for your visa, there would be a section that says “Do you have a common law partner or dependence?” tick yes and there will be a section to provide their information. Your wife can come
In through this method to work. I think there would be an Application to that, but the first step is to say “yes” the the question above.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 8:18pm On Aug 10, 2023
16,416cad X 4 = 65,664cad just for tuition fee
40M is equivalent to 70,072.4cad from oando rate. What about living expenses? or You can show a minimum of 2yrs funds and explain how you will finance the other 2yrs tuition and living expenses you must be convincing enough to do this.
Iceboyblog:
Guys will 40,million be okay for POF for a 4 years course with these high dollar rate
Tutution fee for one year is 16,416 cad
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 8:20pm On Aug 10, 2023
you can get consent form from vfs website download it
onyek82:
Good day guys,

please I need a consent form.. I entered Canada last year, and I was given 1yr study permit, now I applied for extension and I got approval.

Now I don't know where to send my passport to for stamping and I also need consent form..

Please I need your contribution
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Chibudinho55(m): 8:21pm On Aug 10, 2023
Princeofabia:
Hello everyone,

A friend of mine just got correspondence letter...no ppr yet?

Has anyone here experienced this?

I need your responses pls.
It simply means a decision has been made on his application. He should be patient and be rejoicing cos his PPR will drop any moment from now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 8:22pm On Aug 10, 2023
You have been misinformed pls proceed with your application
JesuTubo:
Hello, Please I need help. I was told that doing course registration is important for visa application to boost my chances. Please is it really important or I can just proceed with my application without that?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Kate202: 8:22pm On Aug 10, 2023
Kate202:
Godd morning everyone

Pls help a sister, i don't want to do the wrong thing.

I would like to ask a question.
my Mother gifted me a house in 2020 just before she died. She died in 2021.

I have a document of this, which is certified stamped by the court. she gifted this to me in the presence of my dad as her witness while one of my siblings, my
witness.

I want to use this as one of my family ties back home for my application to Canada the land documents, it carries my mothers name.

I’m asking that I hope this wouldn’t be an issue because she’s dead and there any other documents to present?

Please help me just before I submit my visa application. Thank you everyone

Please can someone help me with this pls?
I beg you guys pls 😞
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JesuTubo: 8:24pm On Aug 10, 2023
Thank you. I would have almost lost 450k
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Mzabby(f): 8:25pm On Aug 10, 2023
Hello everyone.
I'll be traveling to Canada in a month but I'll be staying at a family friend's place in Toronto for 2weeks before I go to the school that offered me admission which is at British Columbia

But I'm worried if I'll be asked about how I'll be getting to British Columbia at the port of entry in the Toronto Airport so I'll like to ask if I should book a ticket to my final destination which is British Columbia from Nigeria here or I should get to Toronto first then get the ticket at their Local Airport there In Canada.

And is it a valid point if I tell the immigration officer that I have enough money to purchase a local ticket myself at the local airport and I'll be staying with a family friend for a while before going to British Columbia.

I need a reply please .. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 8:26pm On Aug 10, 2023
No it won't be an issue the document with the gift deed will cover up
Kate202:

I beg you guys pls 😞
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by feranmisax: 8:30pm On Aug 10, 2023
Good evening, everyone.

Please is there anyone in New Brunswick Community College (NBBC) or just gained admission into New Brunswick Community College (NBCC)?

I have some questions to ask urgently. 🙏
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Princeofabia: 8:30pm On Aug 10, 2023
Chibudinho55:
It simply means a decision has been made on his application. He should be patient and be rejoicing cos his PPR will drop any moment from now.
Alright thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Kenn55: 8:54pm On Aug 10, 2023
Mzabby:
Hello everyone.
I'll be traveling to Canada in a month but I'll be staying at a family friend's place in Toronto for 2weeks before I go to the school that offered me admission which is at British Columbia

But I'm worried if I'll be asked about how I'll be getting to British Columbia at the port of entry in the Toronto Airport so I'll like to ask if I should book a ticket to my final destination which is British Columbia from Nigeria here or I should get to Toronto first then get the ticket at their Local Airport there In Canada.

And is it a valid point if I tell the immigration officer that I have enough money to purchase a local ticket myself at the local airport and I'll be staying with a family friend for a while before going to British Columbia.

I need a reply please .. Thank you

If I were you, I'll book and go to BC direct and come out to Toronto if need be later. It will cost you additional hundred of Dollars but it gives you peace of mind and avoid potential wahala. Even if you have to pass through Toronto, show that you are just transiting by having your BC flight ticket at hand.

Study visas are temporary visas and your entrance into the country will depend on the border agent. Apart from PRs and citizens, temporary visa holders can be denied entry if the border agent can establish a probable cause to do that. Unfortunately they have that broad discretion.
You don't want to put yourself in a position where the agent will wrongly suspect you are not a genuine student. I'm not saying it will happen but I wouldn't want to take that chances.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MumiOlivia: 9:01pm On Aug 10, 2023
JesuTubo:
Hello, My first time here, Please I need help. I was told that doing course registration is important for visa application to boost my chances. Please is it really important or I can just proceed with my application without that?

Proceed with your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Chibudinho55(m): 9:10pm On Aug 10, 2023
MayorJoshofNewY:

GUYS, PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We got Generic Refusal Letter today shortly after BVL. This is the quoted reason

"• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable)."

Total funds needed for the TWO years MSc is 60,000 CAD equivalent to about 35Million at exchange rate of 580 Naira to 1 CAD.

We used spouse's Account with Opening Balance of 8M and closing of 16.5M and an Investment Certificate of 20M and Accompanying Reference letter to IRCC.

From the officer's response, what can we do better as we intend to RE-APPLY almost immediately.

Kindly order for your gcms notes to know the reason for your refusal.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by abbeyboi4(m): 9:34pm On Aug 10, 2023
Chibudinho55:
Kindly order for your gcms notes to know the reason for your refusal.

Hello sir, by requesting for Gcms notes, is it compulsory I use the email I used during application or I can use any other email to receive my gcms notes?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by StanOyiga72: 10:13pm On Aug 10, 2023
Hello NL,
Just got my refusal today. I was refused on generic responses based on financial reasons, can someone please help with the link to apply for gcms notes?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Kunle4041: 10:20pm On Aug 10, 2023
Please I need help on how to run my pof my resuming is September I am helpless at the moment
Anybody that can give me information on how to go about it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by ubfacility: 10:32pm On Aug 10, 2023
I replied already
Chinaza93:

Helo sir pls I sent u an email, pls reply me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Xixteen11: 10:43pm On Aug 10, 2023
Hello everyone.
Please is there anyone currently looking for room/flat mate In London Ontario?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Biola67: 10:48pm On Aug 10, 2023
Kunle4041:
Please I need help on how to run my pof my resuming is September I am helpless at the moment
Anybody that can give me information on how to go about it
Helpless, how?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 10:49pm On Aug 10, 2023
StanOyiga72:
Hello NL,
Just got my refusal today. I was refused on generic responses based on financial reasons, can someone please help with the link to apply for gcms notes?

Heard you can order for free through This process

This is actually for GCMS notes via CBSA

- Go to Google, search ATIP
- Pick the first option from the list of results
- when the page opens, click on next
- click/mark the privacy box and click continue
- on the next page, select Canada Border Services Agency from the drop-down
- from the next drop-down, select foreign national outside of Canada
- fill out your required information in the boxes below
(Use your Nigerian address and phone number pls)
- Pick yes to the question about requesting information on your behalf if so
- pick member of the public for the category that best describes you
- Pick electronic copy for how you prefer to receive your notes/records
- click continue
- on the next page, pick privacy act on the 1st drop-down
- select English in the next drop-down
- select case files for the type of records
- fill out all necessary information below(for UCI number, use the format XX-XXXX-XXXX)
- in the comment box write a short intro and your request. Eg:
Hello/Hi
My name is SURNAME, First Second. I have applied for a study permit, my UCI is soso and my application number is soso, DOB. I would like to have the notes for my file
- then click continue
- also click continue on the next page(you don't fill anything here)
- you are taken to the final page where you review or edit your info
- check the I certify box and click continue
- you should receive a confirmation email from CBSA

So u can actually order for ur note free of charge

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Ndukaada: 10:53pm On Aug 10, 2023
Good evening Sir

Thank you for all your responses.

Please my BP is high.

An agent helped me to get admission. I am supposed to start school 6th September 2023.

I decided to apply to embassy myself. I have done my biometrics on the 8th of August 2023 and upfront medicals.

My agent sent me a message today that he deferred my admission. I have also gotten an acknowledgment message from the school that they have received my application to defer application to Spring 2024.

My school is Conestoga college.

I am confused. I need advice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Akinsolaomo: 10:55pm On Aug 10, 2023
Good day house am a BSC. holder. please 🙏 advice me can I go for diploma.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Chibudinho55(m): 10:56pm On Aug 10, 2023
Kate202:

I beg you guys pls 😞
You can add her death certificate alongside the documents she gifted you when she was still alive.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Chibudinho55(m): 10:58pm On Aug 10, 2023
abbeyboi4:

Hello sir, by requesting for Gcms notes, is it compulsory I use the email I used during application or I can use any other email to receive my gcms notes?
I would advise you use the same email.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (473) (Reply)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas

Viewing this topic: BeastOfNoTribe, Whillz(m), spacevice(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.