Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

"Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State (56023 Views)

Naira Scarcity: Protesters Hit Sagamu, Raze Banks, INEC, IBEDC Offices / Protesters Hit Abuja Over Supreme Court Order On Old Naira (Photos) / EndSARS Protesters Hit Osogbo Roads, Storm House Of Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by Acekidc4(m): 8:50pm On Jul 24, 2023
Rayban25:

shut up.

This Small boy, why are you Shouting??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:50pm On Jul 24, 2023
APC sponsored protest!

We are in court!
No distractions

cool
Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by MrColdsweat: 8:50pm On Jul 24, 2023
Acekidc4:
Am not saying Nigerians should not Protest, but don't turn your Protest in Anarchy. That's where we will have big problem if you do........... Peaceful Protest,no destroying of things.
You're a nobody to tell Nigerians how to express their rights.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by favor914: 8:50pm On Jul 24, 2023
Johans2023:
we are already in anarch. Tinubu is destroying our lives what else remain?
Confused Thing, the government of your state is not destroying your live, it is President in Abuja?

Certified Almijiri.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by Westernlove: 8:50pm On Jul 24, 2023
The HUNGER Is biting Hardergrin

Let the Clapping begin then We graduate Into Dancinggrin

Una go get Sense by force by firegrin

I hope the Country Dogs go tire to Kee people this time Around.

Let me Start Warming Up too.
Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by irumanle(m): 8:51pm On Jul 24, 2023
Well done. Ogun kill emilokan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by favor914: 8:52pm On Jul 24, 2023
irumanle:
Abi Ogun wire Godwin Obaseki?

2 Likes

Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by Chucks13: 8:53pm On Jul 24, 2023
Just watch how ipob and obi miscreants will hijack this peaceful protest and make innocent people fall to the bullet then comes back to say they saw 150 dead bodie in unknown mass grave yard.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by Ogsirsolo: 8:54pm On Jul 24, 2023
Who cares hope the protest last for 8years cos jagaban will spent 8years

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by greggng: 8:54pm On Jul 24, 2023
Acekidc4:
Am not saying Nigerians should not Protest, but don't turn your Protest in Anarchy. That's where we will have big problem if you do........... Peaceful Protest,no destroying of things.

The only time protest turns to anarchy is whe govt sponsored agboros were paid to attack the people . We all watch can and see how civilised countries handle protesters ...They don't sponsor other people to attack them ...only the law enforcement agencies handle such ...An example was what happened in France when a young boy was shot by police . Another example is how Israel is handling the protest going on in that country as result of the law reform issues....There govt didn't sponsor anyone to attack innocent protesters . They govt didn't ethnicised it ...

1 Like

Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by Chucks13: 8:54pm On Jul 24, 2023
irumanle:

Ogun wey don kill you already.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by Jonegonu: 8:54pm On Jul 24, 2023
Sponsored crowd. Subsidy is gone. In Senegal fuel is sold $1.68 per liter they have not kill their government, while in nigeria fuel is sold for $0.74 per liter and you guys are here shouting.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by Blaze14k: 8:54pm On Jul 24, 2023
Is04970:
Tinubu is doing well.
Nigeria is on the path to greatness with Tinubu /Shettima economic policies.
Those who sow in tears will reap with joy. So the Bible says.

U need psychiatric hospital asap..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by Zxcvbnmghtr: 8:55pm On Jul 24, 2023
Earthquakes:
This protest will favour me and my family

That is some people's god you are making a mockery of for being nailed to the cross to die.
Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by Teenaira: 8:56pm On Jul 24, 2023
Creeza:
My people lead. Others follow. Good one Edo state

There is nothing wrong in protesting, but tell them they must not destroy anything otherwise..............

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by favor914: 8:56pm On Jul 24, 2023
Is04970:
Tinubu is doing well.
Nigeria is on the path to greatness with Tinubu /Shettima economic policies.
Those who sow in tears will reap with joy. So the Bible says.
Wise man doctrine. the righteous reap the secret of the scripture. Hosannah.

1 Like

Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by Anytask01: 8:57pm On Jul 24, 2023
favor914:
Is Ipob protesting against Godwin Obaseki?

The post didn't say they are protesting against Obaseki or his Government.
BTW, read my comment again to understand it
Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by Jemex003: 8:58pm On Jul 24, 2023
AlabiKILLER2021:
Let the poor breath

Abi Tinubu must go prostesters

hit the street in Edo

Tinubu the
Yoruba president must go cheesy

I’m very sure say Edo know be Ibo, not even Yoruba abeg who them be sef? Lol

Edo una go wail and protest for 4yrs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by Acekidc4(m): 8:58pm On Jul 24, 2023
Kukutente23:

Nor be you go tell us wetin we go do. Kindly fùck off and stick to your asslicking

If you like go and loot peoples properties all in the name of Protest, Army will gun you down and you will die Sara!! Rubbish

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:58pm On Jul 24, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
It's looking like the Edo no be Lagos crew sponsored by PDP's HE Obaseki
APC is sponsoring this protest!

They want to disrupt PEPT process, buh kolewerk!

We are in court!

cool
Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by favor914: 8:58pm On Jul 24, 2023
Anytask01:

The post didn't say they are protesting against Obaseki or his Government.
BTW, read my comment again to understand it
Then Who are they protesting against, abi doesn’t charity begin @ home again?

2 Likes

Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 24, 2023
Acekidc4:

This Small boy, why are you Shouting??

Again shut up.

You mustn't always say nonsense on fp
Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by Acekidc4(m): 8:59pm On Jul 24, 2023
AlabiKILLER2021:

Cry cry baby embarassed

Protest never start
You don dey wail

Yoruba president must go

I repeat

Yoruba president must go

Tinubu should go and be the president of Ibadan

No body cares

Yoruba President must go Abi?? Goan remove him Na 🙄🙄🙄

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by Jemex003: 8:59pm On Jul 24, 2023
AlabiKILLER2021:

Cry cry baby embarassed

Protest never start
You don dey wail

Yoruba president must go

I repeat

Yoruba president must go

No body cares
Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by ASIWAJULEMIFORS: 9:00pm On Jul 24, 2023
Long Overdue! Insensitive and selfish govt!
Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by Benwallt(m): 9:00pm On Jul 24, 2023
Tizmamoney:
Good one. We join soon. Na Edo dey start most of the protests that do happen in Nigeria. The Heartbeat of the Nation

Erosion wan finish una for Edo. No road, no nothing but protesting fuel. Una wan drink am. Let the poor breath, you are all ignorantly suffocating the same poor. Trashy mob. You won't protest over ekenwan road that has been on for eight years, RCC, Ogheghe, uteh, ugbor, tomline etc.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by favor914: 9:01pm On Jul 24, 2023
MichaelSokoto:

APC is sponsoring this protest!

They want to disrupt PEPT process, buh kolewerk!

We are in court!

cool
Definitely it must be them APC as usual, like they sponsored Gringory Obi to run against his Oga Atiku?

Fear APC & Tinubu O.

1 Like

Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by Theoarhics: 9:01pm On Jul 24, 2023
I love my Edo people. Last week I saw pro Fuel subsidy and Tinubu supporters in Abuja. I can bet that nobody can try that in Benin. You can't boldly come out and organize a protest supporting this anti people policy of Tinubu. Edo people are not sycophants. They tell you the way it is regardless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:01pm On Jul 24, 2023
AlabiKILLER2021:

Cry cry baby embarassed

Protest never start
You don dey wail

Yoruba president must go

I repeat

Yoruba president must go

No body cares
Too early!

Let PEPT process round up first!

Tribunal would remove emilokan first!

No OBIdients is joining dis protest sponsored by APC to disrupt PEPT process.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jul 24, 2023
Bobloco:
I think it's time to hit the street

Tinubu let the poor breathe..... don't suffocate them

TINUBU: A PRESIDENT CONFRONTED BY TWO ENEMIES

(You say, A smoked piece of meet may be the most preferably delicious! But I ask, What serves as meet whilst waiting for the smoked piece of meat?)

The first time I voted was in the 1979 general elections because I was not old enough to exercise my franchise in the first republic. This notwithstanding, I have critically studied what occured in the first republic as a student of Politics, economics, history and law.

Premised on the above facts, I have enough experience and education to do a comparative analysis of the political and economic analysis of Nigeria from the precolonial days up till today.

I confidently posit that since independence, President Bola Ahmed Tinubu is the ever first President to be confronted by two enemies @ the same time vis: the cabals and the masses.

The cabals are fighting tooth and nail with Mr President because he has prevented them from the several millions they make daily during the policy of dual foreign exchange rates. Through their connections to the topmost echelon in the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), they were powerful enough to buy Dollars @ the official rate of about #460=$1 and sold it @ about #750 @ the black market rate. Can you imagine how much these cabals would make if each of them was able to get just $1million dollar every week? By my own estimation, they would be making almost #300million weekly @ the comforts of their homes without lifting a finger which in economics parlance is referred to as round-tripping. With the merging of the dual foreign exchange rates by this administration, do you think these people will in their heart of heart, want Tinubu to succeed in his bid to positively transform this nation? Your guess is as good as mine. What about the cabals that were profiting from the petrol subsidy regime? These cabals were fraudulently making several billion of Naira through the subsidy era on daily basis. The removal of the subsidy was a rude shock to these cabals. It has prevented them from their dubious and corrupt way of raking several billions of Naira on weekly basis. Do you think that these cabals will want this present regime to succeed too? These people are no doubt, enemy number one.

The second class of enemies of this regime, are the masses whom the present administration is trying to protect and defend by introducing these necessary but painful policies of the government but alas, they see the present president (Tinubu) as their number one enemy. They are ardent critics of this present administration. Their criticism is premised primarily on partisanship and partly due to ignorance. Refer to the article I wrote a few days ago on this platform, titled "excruciating pains of the hike in petrol price".

I can confidently posit that, we shall arrive @ our comfort zone sooner than our expectations if we can endure, persevere and support these hard but necessary policies of the present administration. I pray that our present political leaders also play their parts objectively. The bitter truth is that the cabals who have been profiting from the two way exchange rates (official and black market rates) by raking several millions of Naira daily from differentials between the official and the black market rates vide round-tripping are covertly working against the good intention of our president and the masses who the president is fighting for, are critical about the good but painful policies of the government partly due to ignorance and mainly due to partisanship. I pray that these two types of people (the cabals and the masses) have a change of mindset, otherwise, the good intention of this regime may take longer than necessary before the set goals are accomplished, if it's going to be accomplished@ all.

I admonish all of us to keep praying fervently for our good intentioned president and give him our absolute support to enable him accomplish his good and necessary intentioned but definitely painful policies. No doubt, no healing of wounds can occur without some pains. This is what most Nigerians don't want to understand.

We are in it together. Our collective actions can make or mar the realization of the good intention but painful policies of the government @ the centre.

It is sad that a government that is confronted headlong by two major enemies in a nation, if not strongly determined, may be forced to appease the citizens by rolling out policies which might on the short run benefit the populace but not meant to positively transform Nigeria on the Long Run because most people want to eat their tomorrow today. Let us please, endure, persevere, tolerate and support this present regime in her bid to positively transform Nigeria.

A word is enough for the wise!

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Chaos At The Rivers Assembly - Day Two / Results Of APC Presidential Primaries From 10 States So Far. / Governor Sani Bello Evacuated By Helicopter From Abuja-Kaduna Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.