Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,996 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:20 PM

Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order (25848 Views)

LASG Seals Shops On Martins Street For Safety Violations / Rivers Govt Seals EUI Event Centre For Obstruction / Imo Govt Seals Okorocha’s College, Reclaims IBC Quarters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by olisefom: 8:25am On Jul 25, 2023
Our government sha.

You want them to come out without adequate security.

To use their life play kite or what?

If the people are sure of security, the government won't be enforcing anything.
Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by hammerFC: 8:26am On Jul 25, 2023
Juoflife1:
So the government is going about with security sealing shops and they expected the people to go out without security. Craziness

THE NEXT SIT AT HOME, EVERYBODY SHOULD COMPLY.

LET HIM GO AND PRINT MORE PAPERS TO STICK ON EVERY SHOP.

AFTER THE SIT AT HOME, GO TO YOUR SHOP, TEAR THE PAPER AND USE IT TO WIPE YOUR ASS IN THE TOILET.

IF YOU COME OUT AND ZOO ARMY SHOOT YOU, DO U THINK THAT GOV CARE, DOES HE KNOW YOU?

WHEN GUN FIGHT START AND STRAY BULLLET HIT YOU, YOU DIE LIKE A FOOL.

IT IS YOUR FAMILY THAT WILL SUFFER.

SIT AT HOME MEANS SIT AT HOME.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by Dubetex96(m): 8:27am On Jul 25, 2023
last kick of a dying horse
Mbah is an overzealous public officer
I still want to remind him that his days in that office is counting and day of reckoning shall come . shikina

1 Like

Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by spencekat(m): 8:28am On Jul 25, 2023
This is uncalled for.You can't force someone who you didn't employ to open shop.Take note,I am not in support of sit at home.
Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by zeyt: 8:28am On Jul 25, 2023
These people are now caught between the devil and deep blue sea. The security are not being fair to the shop owner for they can not provide them protection against IPOB if they disobey their sit at home order.
Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by airsaylongcome: 8:29am On Jul 25, 2023
jmoore:
This is first class foolishness by the governor of Enugu state.

The idiots came with police to seal the shops but they don't assign police men that will protect the markets.

Business transaction needs customers too. If the traders open, will the governor force the customers out of their homes to buy? Maybe, he should go and arrest residents inside their homes.

They left Simon Ekperima and his gang to fight innocent residents. The governor has bullet proof suv. Is there any keke that is bulletproof? The police that should protect people are busy extorting motorist. If armed robbers come to your house and tell you to lie down, will you stand or obey? The governor is indirectly working for Ekpa because those businesses you are shutting down will have extra days to sit at home.
It is like the government taking over a farm because the owner refuse to come due to fulani herdsmen invasion. The traders should get a lawyer to sue the government for billions in damages.

Purr madness from the stupid governor. In a free market economy, can the government dictate when a business should open or close? If I decide to open at 4pm and close at 4:01pm that's entirely my choice. If I decide I will not open on Wednesday, that's my choice.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by Babysho(m): 8:30am On Jul 25, 2023
jmoore:

The idiots came with police to seal the shops but they don't assign police men that will protect the markets.

Business transaction needs customers too. If the traders open, will the governor force the customers out of their homes to buy? Maybe, he should go and arrest residents inside their homes.

They left Simon Ekperima and his gang to fight innocent residents. The governor has bullet proof suv. Is there any keke that is bulletproof? The police that should protect people are busy extorting motorist. If armed robbers come to your house and tell you to lie down, will you stand or obey? The governor is indirectly working for Ekpa because those businesses you are shutting down will have extra days to sit at home.
It is like the government taking over a farm because the owner refuse to come due to fulani herdsmen invasion. The traders should get a lawyer to sue the government for billions in damages.

He should have opened the shop himself and sell for them without any security detail attached to him and let him enjoy the “safety” of the area.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by wman(m): 8:30am On Jul 25, 2023
This makes no sense at all. Unfair on the traders.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by IamAtAnger: 8:30am On Jul 25, 2023
You're the foolish one here with ur backward thinking... no there cud had been security to every household in Nigeria na if na so.. how many personnel do we have compare to ordinary citizens?.. that's why we have intelligent gatherings to work with, cos there's no way people wont know the whereabouts of these criminal elements cos they're not aliens but lives amongst people. Let the good people of the society rise against these unscrupulous elements and see what happens
DeTribalisedCit:
Stupid Government. Always putting the cart before the horse.

Any shop owner can:

1. Decide to stay at home on any day of the week; throughout the week or even a whole month or year. It's not the government's business.

2. If there is a security threat, why not arrest the security threat and publicize it? Give people the sense of security they expect and watch things come back to normal.

If those people should, out of fear of losing their livelihood too, come out and get killed by criminal elements, even if unrelated to the sit-at-home enforcers, how will the government take responsibility? Perhaps compensation but that life is gone.

Just that our people don't really believe in the courts, if not, a class action suit to yield weighty fine in punitive measures will make the government desist from making teenage decisions.
Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by DIAMANTE1759: 8:32am On Jul 25, 2023
yeye government
u did not provide security to ur people and u are sealing their shops ....what happens when they get killed in the process of opening their shop?? the same govt go come dey condemn the act
Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by Felaincarnated: 8:32am On Jul 25, 2023
Government of kolo mentals.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by spencekat(m): 8:34am On Jul 25, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:
Na d man go tire. Instead of them to tell the FG to obey simple court order and release MNK, dem just de shalaye
He has called and begged for his release.
Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by kmaster007: 8:35am On Jul 25, 2023
They are not ready yet... If they join hand together as they do for Peter Obi dat sit at home will be history
Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by alhajiabdulbuha: 8:38am On Jul 25, 2023
Hurray Our Prime Minister of Biafra. His Excellency Sir Maj. GENERAL Sam Ekpa. We stocking up and getting ready for the July ending 2 weeks sit-at-home that will cripple Nigeria's economy. We are enjoying sit-at-home. Are we complaining?

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by Pat081: 8:40am On Jul 25, 2023
The governor is not ok so he doesn't care about people's lives in that state

1 Like

Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by Ebuchi688(m): 8:41am On Jul 25, 2023
If ipod come destroy my shop will the enugu government fill it up back for me? Senseless people...I open my shops when I feel safe to open am remove such posters from my shop immediately...

1 Like

Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by samwillyco1(m): 8:41am On Jul 25, 2023
Imagine the fool is even moving with security, he should have done it without securities.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by DanielsParker(m): 8:41am On Jul 25, 2023
Wrong approach. Wrong on all levels
Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by PlayerMeji: 8:42am On Jul 25, 2023
They have sealed Mohammed Okonkwo's shop..
Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by Trustmea: 8:44am On Jul 25, 2023
Phoen1X:
Since when did resting peacefully in my house become a crime ?....and who helps to pay my rent when it expires ?...
As in eh I wonder, so if I decide to stay and rest in my home it becomes unlawful chai naija ndo nu

1 Like

Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by Thisisanfield: 8:45am On Jul 25, 2023
[b][/b] At Times i tend to reason what role the Government plays in our economy.

i am also baffled as to why i can sit down and think as a human, while people in the government think like COWs.

why seal shops? address their FEARS.

who would want to come out risking his/her life cos of sales knowing fully well that the Bad guys are still on rampage.

Government get to the grassroot of matters. beef up massive security across the markets, shops, roads and see people go about their business.

send troops to erase the menace of unknown gun men and IPOB gun men and see things return to normal.

this governments eh.. just MISPLACED PRIORITIES
Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by gidgiddy: 8:48am On Jul 25, 2023
Governor Mba has become the biggest enforcer of sit at home

1 Like

Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by Sk5050: 8:48am On Jul 25, 2023
To me this action doesn't make sense the traders were afraid of loosing their life and goods that's why they decided to obey the sit at home order from the hoodlums. Instead of such action from government why don't the government provide adequate security to secure the markets for business to commence effectively, as far as I'm concern this doesn't add up they are only making matters worse for the traders instead of the govt to take the battle to hunt down the hoodlums. I wonder how people in power reason sometimes, misplaced priorities. Dem say wen two elephants fight na de grass dey suffer. 9geria jaga jaga everytin scatter scatter, poor man dey suffer suffer. may your days be long Idris for dis song.
Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by IamAtAnger: 8:49am On Jul 25, 2023
You're so DUMB and backward.. check ur mental health
alhajiabdulbuha:
Hurray Our Prime Minister of Biafra. His Excellency Sir Maj. GENERAL Sam Ekpa. We stocking up and getting ready for the July ending 2 weeks sit-at-home that will cripple Nigeria's economy. We are enjoying sit-at-home. Are we complaining?
Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by MadamExcellency: 8:53am On Jul 25, 2023
Open your shops and remove the stupid sticker.

Which law or authority gave the government the power to determine absenteeism in business?

Imagine denying visas or deporting Americans or Europeans who chose to heed security advisory just because Nigeria disagrees with their assessments.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by Philipmoon2(m): 8:53am On Jul 25, 2023
This people are not serious, people are just afraid of being hit by stray bullet.
Did you provide security in that area and they market people did not come out.
You people should just leave the innocent people alone and face those that is causing the problem.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by okeysoninv: 8:54am On Jul 25, 2023
Best way to go. End sit at home. Unknown gunmen are known to the society. Expose all the ipob miscreants in ur location. You can continue to sit at home while the revenue of govt cont. to go down all in the name of Nnamdi kanu. Anybody that sit at home should pay 50k every Monday. Enough of nonsense.
Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by sonofsteven: 8:56am On Jul 25, 2023
naptu2:

https://www.thecable.ng/enugu-seals-two-banks-107-shops-for-obeying-sit-at-home-order/amp

Not the best way to go

First address the issues of insecurities and watch people come out to hustle, when the UGM starts shooting,who will help the people or protect them besides, I don't think there's any law that says government has a right to lock my shop whenever I decides to close or if I decides to keep Tuesdays as a holiday, government has a right to lock my shops...

I think this country doesn't really have laws or rules and anyone in power can torment the poor by twisting the law and using money to twist justice

1 Like

Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by Maga123: 8:57am On Jul 25, 2023
Pls you security forces showing ur self make sure u are available when those devil come to attack no be too dey seal their shops
Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by COMPLETETRUTH: 9:00am On Jul 25, 2023
jmoore:

God bless you richly sir.
When did it become an offence for me not to open my shop

Under what law?

Was it parts of the terms of reference when the shops were sold or allocated?

Why can't we even think out of the box for once?

It is shameful
Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by Osanoghodua1: 9:01am On Jul 25, 2023
Dead on arrival. Do you now dictate for shop owners when to open or close? It's a private business. More so people have different levels of fear, some people are allergic to threats while others don't care about death. The government is naive.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by Reference(m): 9:01am On Jul 25, 2023
This is counter productive and will only escalate the situation, driving the people deeper into desperation and unknown territory.
Dialogue is the only way intransigent situations are resolved. Coercion has never worked.
Only a counter ideology can shorten the tragedy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Narcotic Drugs, Condoms Found In Boko-Haram Camps. / Osita Chidoka: Wike Endorsement Of Sanwo-Olu Morally Inappropriate / Kperogi: Obidients Are The New Buharists, Get Ready For Their Rank Stupidity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.