Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,605 members, 7,823,635 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order (25915 Views)

LASG Seals Shops On Martins Street For Safety Violations / Rivers Govt Seals EUI Event Centre For Obstruction / Imo Govt Seals Okorocha’s College, Reclaims IBC Quarters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by nedu666: 9:02am On Jul 25, 2023
The gov who position a van of police officers inside his fuel stations on monday should position a van in the market. Also police and soldiers should stop observing the sit at home. It makes no sense that soldiers and police carrying guns are also scared of ugm
Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by SMARTMOTORS(m): 9:02am On Jul 25, 2023
You're using heavily security to go seal people's shops that doesn't have security...... See as armed police men dey protect the people sealing shops. Lol!

1 Like

Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by CJStarz: 9:05am On Jul 25, 2023
This Mbah is getting it wrong. Does he also have the powers to drag customers out of their houses as well?

1 Like

Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by izubext007: 9:07am On Jul 25, 2023
fry pan to fire.... you went there to seal their shop with heavy security , without providing security for them to run their business of the day

1 Like

Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by frozen70(f): 9:09am On Jul 25, 2023
naptu2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq6zkBPF1J4

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/07/24/enugu-govt-seals-shops-observing-ipob-sit-at-home-order/

This is a wrong move

Why not send the security officials out every Monday so that people can have confidence and go out freely

Then when those idiots comes out to stop them from their daily activities you shoot then to deat immediately

People can only come out if they are sure of their safety
Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by SmartyPants(m): 9:10am On Jul 25, 2023
That's unconstitutional. People have the right to refuse to do business - moreover, any form of civil disobedience that is not expressly unlawful cannot be punished.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by Reference(m): 9:11am On Jul 25, 2023
sonofsteven:

Not the best way to go

First address the issues of insecurities and watch people come out to hustle, when the UGM starts shooting,who will help the people or protect them besides, I don't think there's any law that says government has a right to lock my shop whenever I decides to close or if I decides to keep Tuesdays as a holiday, government has a right to lock my shops...

I think this country doesn't really have laws or rules and anyone in power can torment the poor by twisting the law and using money to twist justice

It is not an issue of insecurity.
The root of this matter which should be the 'first address' is that of perceived socio-political injustice.
We all know this and if government at any level wants to tackle this issue in sincerity it must start there.
To either disprove that it does not exist or solve it if it admits there are injustices.
when the 'wheat is separated from the chaff then whatever is left is pure criminality.

So whether it is boko-haram, banditry, 'herdsmenace', niger-delta agitation or south eastern secession, the first move will be to analyse and breakdown the problem into facts and fiction, rights and wrongs, agitation and criminality and handle them appropriately.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by winner37(m): 9:11am On Jul 25, 2023
Useless people taking useless steps...
For their dirty minds, they sealed the shops so the owners will still have to pay heavy amount of money for them ,, RUBBISH!!!
If there was an effective and active law will the IPOB have their staying and enforce sit at home?

Useless people on a useless government!!
Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by onumadu: 9:12am On Jul 25, 2023
O buru na agbaro uzo owelle mgba o dighi echi.
I never knew that our people were this lazy until this sit at home nonsense started.
You need to see how some of them look forward to it ... cheesy
Anyway, what the government should really do is to find a way to tax business which observe sit at home, or give preferential tax benefits to those that don't observe it.
If government starts fining such people heavily, nobody will tell them to get to work on Mondays.
Just form a tax force to go around and dish out fines to businesses which close on Mondays, and COLLECT those fines.
Nobody will tell them to stop listening to some idiot in Finland.
Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by Sicilyjoe: 9:15am On Jul 25, 2023
Very good one am sure they will still obey the 2 weeks sit at home too
Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by sonofsteven: 9:18am On Jul 25, 2023
Reference:

It is not an issue of insecurity.
The root of this matter which should be the 'first address' is that of perceived socio-political injustice.
We all know this and if government at any level wants to tackle this issue in sincerity it must start there.
To either disprove that it does not exist or solve it if it admits there are injustices.
when the 'wheat is separated from the chaff then whatever is left is pure criminality.

So whether it is boko-haram, banditry, 'herdsmenace', niger-delta agitation or south eastern secession, the first move will be to analyse and breakdown the problem into facts and fiction, rights and wrongs, agitation and criminality and handle them appropriately.

You've said it all

But in Nigeria, they don't care about IGBOS

and igbos keep telling them that with or without una support and help,we won't eat grass..
Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by ehikwe22: 9:20am On Jul 25, 2023
Try this in some countries and you'll pay heavily. Stupid people being elected into government offices

1 Like

Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by 247community: 9:21am On Jul 25, 2023
I do not understand while the govt of Enugu state should go after the traders without providing adequate security for them to do their business, The traders are afraid of being killed, robbed or even adopted. Let the government go after the Ekpa, IPOB etc and let the traders return to their normal business after calmness would have bin restored.
Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by akan102: 9:23am On Jul 25, 2023
Phoen1X:
Since when did resting peacefully in my house become a crime ?....and who helps to pay my rent when it expires ?...
You can go ahead and rest nothing do you
But the landlord is saying don't worry we don't need your rent, another is willing to pay more
Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by 247community: 9:24am On Jul 25, 2023
Sicilyjoe:
Very good one am sure they will still obey the 2 weeks sit at home too
what is the good one, is it the security that the govt has provided or the arrest of the group giving the order. Infact Enugu State has two government, an the other government seems to be incharge.
Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by Father254: 9:27am On Jul 25, 2023
Brimstone77:

Now can someone tell me the different between those enforcing sit at home and the enugu state government?

One is forcing people to stay at home while the other is forcing people to come out..

Remember both are using threats and force to archive their aim..

You want to boast your state economy and at the same time sealing shops..

Those that their shops were sealed will be restricted from doing business today and probably tomorrow being Wednesday..

Wisdom is ..........

Wisdom is profitable to direct.
Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by stallionng: 9:30am On Jul 25, 2023
First thing is the government should ensure adequate security of lives and property are put in place .do you want them to die for inefficient government fault
Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by Slynation(m): 9:33am On Jul 25, 2023
Mumu government, even if you seal their shops, will you force people to leave their homes to the market?? I wonder who is advising this people sometimes...

1 Like

Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by Calitoscassius(m): 9:36am On Jul 25, 2023
hammerFC:
AS A PRIVATE BUSINESS, I CAN LOCK MY SHOP ANYTIME I WANT.

GOV HAVE NO RIGHT WHATSOEVER TO SEAL A PRIVATE BUSINESS.

TO SHOW US THAT HE IS SERIOUS, HE SHOULD START SEALING GOVERNMENT OFFICE.

AS FOR THE SEAT AT HOME, IT WILL GET VERY SERIOUS NOW, BECAUSE OUR PEOPLE LIKE A CHALLENGE AND VERY STUBBORN.
Absolutely.
Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by occfx: 9:38am On Jul 25, 2023
naptu2:

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/07/24/enugu-govt-seals-shops-observing-ipob-sit-at-home-order/

Government of the foolish by the foolish and for the foolish. All the problems in the east... sit at home is your biggest threat. Start by fixing bad roads, providing constant electricity and listening to the people. Automatically, they will start listening to you and obey you. You move around in bullet proof car and expect helpless civilians to risk there lives for your selfish interests

1 Like

Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by wunmi590(m): 9:39am On Jul 25, 2023

I know nothing good can come out from some of these our our politicians, what of if some shops were locked due to some unforseen circumstances, like somebody died in their family? Or the shop was locked due to the death of the owner..

You went ahead to seal off people's shop just because they decided to prevent themselves from being killed like a chicken 🐔 and then forgotten..

That governor is a confirmed olodo

1 Like

Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by REALretep(m): 9:40am On Jul 25, 2023
naptu2:

This is actually illegal.
It cannot survive the scrutiny of the courts. The traders whose shops were sealed should come together, get a sound lawyer, and institute legal action against the government, claiming billions of naira in damages.
These senseless illegitimate actions by state governors should be resisted

1 Like

Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by Calitoscassius(m): 9:40am On Jul 25, 2023
What a morronic governor. grin cheesy grin what is the proof that these shops closed because of sit at home? grin He has made it worst.

He should be subtly encouraging people to open their shops. Not drive them outta business. He will be put to shame with this ignorant dictatosrship regime.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by boladez(m): 9:42am On Jul 25, 2023
Sad we end up appoint , electing and having the worst of us in government and this is accross the 36 states , FCT and the Federal government.

To make people open their shops, the government needs to assure them of safety and not with mouth but by physical take over of the streets, if they can stop the attacks consistently and effect high profile arrest of the terrorists, eg for 4 consecutive Mondays, no attacks , people will come out on their own without being told to.

Government must take over the streets on those Mondays to build confidence. It is counter productive for them to seal up shops of people who are already hard hit victims.

We get the leadership we deserve at the end of the day due to our selfishness and Individualism

1 Like

Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by Calitoscassius(m): 9:43am On Jul 25, 2023
The foolish governor should be trying to catch the so called terrorists not making life difficult for shop owners, he is just fuelling the fire by doing this nonsense.
Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by Cantonese: 9:44am On Jul 25, 2023
Phoen1X:
Since when did resting peacefully in my house become a crime ?....and who helps to pay my rent when it expires ?...

100%.

Enugu state government making the people pay the price for government's failure to provide security and protect the lives and properties of citizens.

Until Nigerians elect the right leaders, the country will remain as it is.

We are talking about privately owned businesses. Mbah rather than deal with public offices and businesses, chose to shut down privately owned ones

Government did not give loans or provide finances for those people to carry on their businesses. They pay their taxes to government. They pay all sorts of charges and yet no peace.

Now there is more poverty in the land orchestrated by the same government and now many families have been thrown into more hardship. The governor of Enugu state owns several businesses within and outside Enugu state. How will it feel if his businesses and shut down or taken away from him.

Hopefully the tribunal will do justice by removing him and installing the Labour party man.

Hopefully the affected will take the state government to court and ensure that compensation is well paid for all they have lost.
Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by jmoore(m): 10:23am On Jul 25, 2023
onumadu:
O buru na agbaro uzo owelle mgba o dighi echi.
I never knew that our people were this lazy until this sit at home nonsense started.
You need to see how some of them look forward to it ... cheesy
Anyway, what the government should really do is to find a way to tax business which observe sit at home, or give preferential tax benefits to those that don't observe it.
If government starts fining such people heavily, nobody will tell them to get to work on Mondays.
Just form a tax force to go around and dish out fines to businesses which close on Mondays, and COLLECT those fines.
Nobody will tell them to stop listening to some idiot in Finland.
A wise man will ask the government to provide security.

The idiot in Finland is just like the idiot in Enugu government house.
Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by Innocent2255: 10:24am On Jul 25, 2023
This Government is not only stupid, but also senseless, selfish and inconsiderate.

This Government is not only stupid, but also senseless, selfish and inconsiderate.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by Nato008(m): 10:24am On Jul 25, 2023
nedu666:
The gov who position a van of police officers inside his fuel stations on monday should position a van in the market. Also police and soldiers should stop observing the sit at home. It makes no sense that soldiers and police carrying guns are also scared of ugm
Omo who one die.....abi police no get family 😂,if I had a relative who is in the force I go tell am clearly, no show yourself on Monday, govt never pay salaries when u dey alive na pension for when u done die, Omo who die for this matter ma waste.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by lomprico(m): 10:40am On Jul 25, 2023
You leave the mosquito whey dey cause malaria dey punish the pikin whey cover himself with net.

Useless government.
Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by Pat081: 10:41am On Jul 25, 2023
The governor is not ok so he doesn't care about people's lives in that state...

1 Like

Re: Enugu Govt Seals Shops Observing IPOB Sit-At-Home Order by lomprico(m): 10:45am On Jul 25, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
They will resume this morning to find their shops sealed. This is state power at work; after God na govt according to Portable. Check my signature for free stuffs!

Why can't the government flush out the terrorists, why punish the terrorized instead of the terrorists?
You think the shop owners closed their shops out of solidarity? They closed shops out of fear of what the terrorists will do to them. Instead of the government to do the needful, they are punishing the bussiness owners.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Osun Rerun: PDP Rejects Results, Says It’s Black Day For Nigeria / We Didn’t See Adeleke In Exam Hall, Witnesses Tell Court / Supreme Court Upholds Bala Mohammed & Simon Lalong's Elections As Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.