Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,194 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

No Student’ll Graduate From Uniabuja Without Having A Registered Company – VC - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / No Student’ll Graduate From Uniabuja Without Having A Registered Company – VC (23328 Views)

Ibrahim Waziri Jnr: The HND Graduate From Nigeria Who Earned A Phd In America / Slay Queens Celebrate As They Graduate From Imo State University (Photos) / MC Oluomo's Twin Children Graduate From University Of Atlanta, Georgia. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Student’ll Graduate From Uniabuja Without Having A Registered Company – VC by Ijaya123: 8:22pm On Jul 25, 2023
Jking20:
Who e help??
One useless thing is that if you don't have a business that is yielding so much and you go ahead to register, you'll end up paying taxes to Federal Government in vain. Be wise folks...

Wrong assumption.
Re: No Student’ll Graduate From Uniabuja Without Having A Registered Company – VC by themanderon: 8:31pm On Jul 25, 2023
Another thoughtless policy. Will he give them the funds to run it? Putting the cart before the horse.
Re: No Student’ll Graduate From Uniabuja Without Having A Registered Company – VC by ayyoughurt(m): 10:43pm On Jul 25, 2023
Mosba:
Hope it doesn't cost much to do that registration?

With 25k I can do it for you, with TIN
Re: No Student’ll Graduate From Uniabuja Without Having A Registered Company – VC by Goldbw122(m): 12:42am On Jul 26, 2023
That means they should remove him and install another new vc to avoid future problem.. yeah
Re: No Student’ll Graduate From Uniabuja Without Having A Registered Company – VC by Jesse6(m): 1:15am On Jul 26, 2023
How about giving some kinda start up amount for 10 or more best graduating students in each department. I guess it would have been a better idea
jojothaiv:

That's the part the VC didn't remember.

Enterpreneurship is not smooth sailing as many paint it neither is 9-5 glamorous too, na balance most of us dey try strike. Pesin wey no get capital gatz work hard for every penny before him go think of setting up a business na.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Student’ll Graduate From Uniabuja Without Having A Registered Company – VC by Jesse6(m): 1:16am On Jul 26, 2023
cheesy
LordErrk:

Na to go each other side dey work na grin
Re: No Student’ll Graduate From Uniabuja Without Having A Registered Company – VC by simfrost90210: 2:34am On Jul 26, 2023
Mccallistas:

500k is how much in dollars

Not up to USD$700..… imagine!
Re: No Student’ll Graduate From Uniabuja Without Having A Registered Company – VC by simfrost90210: 2:35am On Jul 26, 2023
ayyoughurt:

With 25k I can do it for you, with TIN

25k is still much
Re: No Student’ll Graduate From Uniabuja Without Having A Registered Company – VC by etrange: 3:10am On Jul 26, 2023
REALretep:
How?
Please explain

Sure, I will.

Company income tax is fixed at 30%. However, companies that do not have any profit for the financial year are only required to pay the minimum tax of 0.5% of gross income. Now, the reason why I said not necessarily is because companies in the first four calendar years of business, companies engaged in the agriculture business, or small companies are exempt from this minimum tax. This means that for the firts 4 years, the graduates won't pay CIT if they don't make any profit. That's more than enough time to decide if they want to continue the business or not.

Hope it's clear.
Re: No Student’ll Graduate From Uniabuja Without Having A Registered Company – VC by dinkyicon: 5:06am On Jul 26, 2023
mystical109:
please work me through this registration of a thing
there nothing to work through just approach an accredited cac and you will propose 2 names and such will be entered for availability and approval then straight to registration after approval
Re: No Student’ll Graduate From Uniabuja Without Having A Registered Company – VC by PeachtreeReside(f): 5:51am On Jul 26, 2023
Except you know what you want to do with your life and have been doing it for a while, then registering a company is good.

If not , LET THE STUDENTS BREATH!
Re: No Student’ll Graduate From Uniabuja Without Having A Registered Company – VC by phemmyfour: 7:15am On Jul 26, 2023
Flora2Sweet:
To open company na beans?
With all the theory they are teaching them, how will the company survive . Which practical course were they taught on how to run a company

1 Like

Re: No Student’ll Graduate From Uniabuja Without Having A Registered Company – VC by REALretep(m): 9:01am On Jul 26, 2023
etrange:

Sure, I will.

Company income tax is fixed at 30%. However, companies that do not have any profit for the financial year are only required to pay the minimum tax of 0.5% of gross income. Now, the reason why I said not necessarily is because companies in the first four calendar years of business, companies engaged in the agriculture business, or small companies are exempt from this minimum tax. This means that for the firts 4 years, the graduates won't pay CIT if they don't make any profit. That's more than enough time to decide if they want to continue the business or not.

Hope it's clear.
Wow
Thank you so much
Re: No Student’ll Graduate From Uniabuja Without Having A Registered Company – VC by DigitB: 9:14am On Jul 26, 2023
Company registration or BN registration?

The former is very expensive for students.

But Business Name registration costs less than ₦20k
Re: No Student’ll Graduate From Uniabuja Without Having A Registered Company – VC by gforce5: 10:09am On Jul 26, 2023
Nigerians, unfortunately, don't think that way. They believe that everyone must be an entrepreneur.. They don't understand that not everybody is business-minded. No society has ever thrived on the idea that everyone should be an entrepreneur. Not even the big daddy of capitalism (the USA). You must have your doctors, lawyers, engineers, pharmacists, nurses, accountants, teachers, cleaners, garbage truck men,electricians, plumbers, painters, mechanics, soldiers and even road sweepers for any thriving society to succeed.
Jesse6:
If all of us come get company who go come be workers?

1 Like

Re: No Student’ll Graduate From Uniabuja Without Having A Registered Company – VC by StudyCrestLtd: 10:10am On Jul 26, 2023
Re: No Student’ll Graduate From Uniabuja Without Having A Registered Company – VC by KennethEnyi(m): 10:47am On Jul 26, 2023
Giltexo:
Calculate am ..na school go dey handle the registration ooo...10k x 10k student..100m profit...

Damn worthless theives 😲
Re: No Student’ll Graduate From Uniabuja Without Having A Registered Company – VC by Jesse6(m): 12:10pm On Jul 26, 2023
Exactly Sir!
gforce5:
Nigerians, unfortunately, don't think that way. They believe that everyone must be an entrepreneur.. They don't understand that not everybody is business-minded. No society has ever thrived on the idea that everyone should be an entrepreneur. Not even the big daddy of capitalism (the USA). You must have your doctors, lawyers, engineers, pharmacists, nurses, accountants, teachers, cleaners, garbage truck men,electricians, plumbers, painters, mechanics, soldiers and even road sweepers for any thriving society to succeed.
Re: No Student’ll Graduate From Uniabuja Without Having A Registered Company – VC by mechanics(m): 8:08pm On Jul 26, 2023
That's irrelevant
Re: No Student’ll Graduate From Uniabuja Without Having A Registered Company – VC by SpockFederation: 1:25am On Jul 27, 2023
Hmmmm.....

Interesting. But not everyone has a desire for Entrepreneurship.

https://zodiacpsycho.com/profiles/ezinne-uzo-okoro-biography/

Re: No Student’ll Graduate From Uniabuja Without Having A Registered Company – VC by pendusky(m): 10:25pm On Jul 31, 2023
dinkyicon:
wtf.... What's this again for God sake, must you say what you don't know? Opening a company as low as 25k.... As how? 25k is high. They should open a business name by themselves and it's 10k...btw what do you mean by legal search.... Legal search for what? You want to register a company you are doing legal search.... Where did you get all this your half baked info

Let me school you. To Register a company is not same as opening a company account in a bank. Ask those that do the CAC things how much they charge and how much to open a standard company account plus the legal fee.
Re: No Student’ll Graduate From Uniabuja Without Having A Registered Company – VC by dinkyicon: 6:41am On Aug 01, 2023
pendusky:

Let me school you. To Register a company is not same as opening a company account in a bank. Ask those that do the CAC things how much they charge and how much to open a standard company account plus the legal fee.
stop na, it is what I do. Fyi I'm an accredited CAC agent so I can authoritatively tell you to stop capping

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sit-At-Home: Private Schools Turn Saturdays To Working Days In Enugu / Students Sitting On The Floor For Lecture At UNIJOS (pic) / AKSU Student Suspended Indefinitely For Calling Her V.C “foolish”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.