Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,960 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

List Of Cars With Good Fuel Economy - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / List Of Cars With Good Fuel Economy (56711 Views)

Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) / Earn 120k A Month, Need A Good Fuel Economy Car, Recommendation Please / 7 Cars With Absolutely Ugly Interior You Wouldn’t Even Like To See (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Cars With Good Fuel Economy by pointblankeirie: 11:18pm On Jul 25, 2023
4 plug c300 2015...... accelerates like a v6 and very fuel economical like a 3 cylinder engine cheesy
Re: List Of Cars With Good Fuel Economy by rafaelstraw: 12:16am On Jul 26, 2023
Korope ( Lagos)
Faragon ( Lagos )
Re: List Of Cars With Good Fuel Economy by rafaelstraw: 12:17am On Jul 26, 2023
baconline:
My guess is any car with 1.6 or less engine capacity, hybrids too
1.Smart fortwo
2.Smart forfour
3.Mitsubishi Colt
4. Mitsubishi Lancer
5.Micra
6.Toyota Corolla/Matrix
7.Toyota Yaris
Re: List Of Cars With Good Fuel Economy by XAUBulls: 12:19am On Jul 26, 2023
Omoapena:
Tinubu has made people start researching on cars with good fuel economy cheesy
Lol. grin They should be thinking of converting to auto gas vehicles. Auto gas or CNG is cheaper the petrol run vehicles.
Re: List Of Cars With Good Fuel Economy by ogastone(m): 2:50am On Jul 26, 2023
OP didn't mention Keke na Pep
Re: List Of Cars With Good Fuel Economy by Hahnemann: 3:05am On Jul 26, 2023
felix55:
U no add Volkswagen car

They don't want to allow the poor to breathe
Re: List Of Cars With Good Fuel Economy by ibinaboonline: 5:54am On Jul 26, 2023
Interesting 🤔. But where did you do your rally driving in Nigeria? Also, do you think they stripped the car just to make it lighter for racing?
Fsboperator2:
1988 Polo Golf.

Fun to drive bucket .

God I miss my teenage years.

No electronics aside the radio , wipers and headlamps and alternator .

Easy to fix tiny engine on a sturdy rugged chassis.

Mine back then did not even have carpeting .

Great suspension with quick acceleration makes for good rally driven .

I didn't even break for no one in busy Lagos traffic.

I felt like an urban rally racer.

To top it up, 50litre tank lasted me for 2weeks of pure teenage boy road raging.

Re: List Of Cars With Good Fuel Economy by ibinaboonline: 5:59am On Jul 26, 2023
And Audi A1
Kog45:
BMW 316i 1.6 liters engine will still give you that classic in this fuel wahala.
Re: List Of Cars With Good Fuel Economy by PattyMike(m): 6:43am On Jul 26, 2023
OpulentP:
That's no issue now, na to dey drive ham twice a week and get small car with fuel economy join

I’m telling you. From the look of things, I go find money buy Honda bull dog take Dey German German this fuel rate.
Re: List Of Cars With Good Fuel Economy by shereef19: 7:40am On Jul 26, 2023
U never mention koropeeee abi nonb car?

baconline:
1.Smart fortwo
2.Smart forfour
3.Mitsubishi Colt
4. Mitsubishi Lancer
5.Micra (Ibadan)
6.Toyota Corolla/Matrix
7.Toyota Yaris
Re: List Of Cars With Good Fuel Economy by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:53am On Jul 26, 2023
matrixmuzi:
Cars for poor people or low earners

Poor people in Nigeria cannot buy a car.

Can someone earning ₦50k/mo buy any of these cars?

Even a bike, they cannot buy.

And they number in the vast majority....millions and millions of them.

All cars are for middle class and above.

1 Like

Re: List Of Cars With Good Fuel Economy by Iyasaburi: 8:01am On Jul 26, 2023
Abudu2000:
I Just upgraded from Toyota to benz and then boom fuel is 615 grin

Bros, you are lucky
Re: List Of Cars With Good Fuel Economy by waveman2: 8:12am On Jul 26, 2023
Volkswagen mechanic wey don lose customers try try.The other day I saw one of my mechanic selling shoes and bag,him say things rough.
felix55:
U no add Volkswagen car
Re: List Of Cars With Good Fuel Economy by waveman2: 8:15am On Jul 26, 2023
Ok don't be angry alot of people don't do speed and firing anymore they are only looking at their fuel gauge and are angry.
clinician2x:

I only stated my preference for speed and performance and the mumu started firing. Before u drop your unsolicited opinions why not do urself the favor of starting from the beginning.

1 Like

Re: List Of Cars With Good Fuel Economy by gebest: 8:28am On Jul 26, 2023
osayuwamwen:
Volkswagen golf 3, 1.3litre engine
2k fuel take me to work TO and FRO till the next morning, b4 I will buy again, i believe it can still take me to work The next day morning but I haven't taken dat risk make e nor come off for road, my work distance is 34km, 2k fuel is 3.3litre all this includes hold up of abt 30min to and fro
yours is nice, my golf 4, 1.6 eat fuel a lot, my house to my work is just 10 kilo.
Re: List Of Cars With Good Fuel Economy by worksmart(m): 9:23am On Jul 26, 2023
Best fuel economy is to ride bicycle or trek.

1 Like

Re: List Of Cars With Good Fuel Economy by ajabani4allah(m): 9:31am On Jul 26, 2023
Op what about Siena? I am planning to get one soon ooo
Re: List Of Cars With Good Fuel Economy by lucky4west: 10:47am On Jul 26, 2023
the one i know is leg-xus no longer lexus...every car consumes fuel, and you need fuel to drive, na poverty de make person think of car that will use lesser fuel for same journey...the car that uses lesser fuel may not be your ideal taste of a choice car and besides na the same amount per liter all of us de buy....break the yoke of poverty in your life and enjoy different brands and taste of cars etc hahaahhaahahaha!
Re: List Of Cars With Good Fuel Economy by Collyno82(m): 1:11pm On Jul 26, 2023
baconline:
1.Smart fortwo
2.Smart forfour
3.Mitsubishi Colt
4. Mitsubishi Lancer
5.Micra (Ibadan)
6.Toyota Corolla/Matrix
7.Toyota Yaris
Mercedes c 180
Re: List Of Cars With Good Fuel Economy by eljp(m): 9:12am On Jul 27, 2023
Can someone confirm this to be True....

ozo13:
my colleague told me his Peugeot 206 doesn't consume fuel much.a litre can go for 20/30kg journey.e make sense alot
Re: List Of Cars With Good Fuel Economy by Asquare84(m): 9:45am On Jul 27, 2023
mu2sa2:
Yes, lexus cars come with v6 engine but they give you excellent driving comfort, reliability and durability. Toyota v6 engines are legendary for reliability and if properly maintained will keep going for years and years on end (lexus is luxury brand of toyota). So, you are actually getting an excellent bargain with lexus. Btw it's a fallacy to say 4-plug engines consume less fuel than v6. Modern v6 engines are extremely optimised for efficient performance and will beat many 4-plugs in fuel economy.

exactly well said, my Mercedes e320 have a good fuel economy.
Re: List Of Cars With Good Fuel Economy by sharpwriter(m): 10:33am On Jul 27, 2023
maxiuc:
My brother get e330 with 3mz engine he has Toyota Camry spider with 2gr engine and double pipe and also a venza with 4plugs in this time of fuel wahala he parked his spider and his Lexus 330 na venza he dey use now constantly na car no dey chop fuel at all

4plugs is bae
Lol... Human beings... Now 4 plug is Bae abi? After many of you people don castigate 4 plugs for this forum, saying "if you ever drive v6, nothing will make you go back to drive 4 plugs again." some even said they will never drive 4 plugs again for life.

They forget life and time could change in a twinkling and that's what dictates some of our actions. A deserted and hated item today could be the choice bride tomorrow and be the next best thing after sliced bread. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: List Of Cars With Good Fuel Economy by sharpwriter(m): 10:58am On Jul 27, 2023
tolexy007:

but my Camry 2003 (Big daddy) dey consume fuel now
Don't mind him... While 4 plugs have fuel economy, fuel consumption varies depending on engine size. Your 4 plugs big daddy uses 2.4L engine for firing. You can't compare it to Nissan Micra that uses 1.4L engine size for firing... The Micra will definitely use less fuel for power than yours. There are Picantos with 1.0 L and also 4 plugs.
There are also 4 plugs venza with 2.7L engine, it will slightly consume more fuel than yours.

Your big daddy will also slightly consume more fuel than pencil light camry of 2.2 L or Mazda 3 of 2.0 L

So it depends on your engine size despite 4 plugs.

Dont let us talk about SUV or other fuel guzzling sedans.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Cars With Good Fuel Economy by ozo13(m): 2:39pm On Jul 27, 2023
eljp:
Can someone confirm this to be True....

I was surprised as well when he told me
Re: List Of Cars With Good Fuel Economy by Siberia01(m): 5:56am On Jul 28, 2023
Range rover sport 4.5L V8
Re: List Of Cars With Good Fuel Economy by yak(m): 7:43am On Jul 28, 2023
Ikemba007:
Honda Jazz get economy pass all of them listed here.

But it's quite scarce

1 Like

Re: List Of Cars With Good Fuel Economy by sharpwriter(m): 10:25am On Jul 28, 2023
ajabani4allah:
Op what about Siena? I am planning to get one soon ooo
Abort mission!
Re: List Of Cars With Good Fuel Economy by sule944: 3:36am On Jul 29, 2023
baconline:
1.Smart fortwo
2.Smart forfour
3.Mitsubishi Colt
4. Mitsubishi Lancer
5.Micra (Ibadan)
6.Toyota Corolla/Matrix
7.Toyota Yaris
Toyota Corolla/Matrix is 2.8 engine
Re: List Of Cars With Good Fuel Economy by sule944: 3:36am On Jul 29, 2023
baconline:
1.Smart fortwo
2.Smart forfour
3.Mitsubishi Colt
4. Mitsubishi Lancer
5.Micra (Ibadan)
6.Toyota Corolla/Matrix
7.Toyota Yaris
Toyota Corolla/Matrix is 1.8 engine
Re: List Of Cars With Good Fuel Economy by felix55(m): 4:22am On Jul 29, 2023
I drove Volkswagen Passat 1.6 liters engine. I mk sure my O2 sensor and catalyst works very fine. I'll put fuel of 20 liters from onitsha Anambra 2 Ebonyi both going & coming back ..still HV small fuel without entering fuel reserve...
Volkswagen car s best for me. I don't complain about fuel ⛽ like others..
So make sure urs s working like ur O2 sensors bank 1 & 2, catalyst and air flow meter.
In times of city driving, I plug in my device to control my ECU and set to Economy mode...
I love my car..
Re: List Of Cars With Good Fuel Economy by yak(m): 8:30am On Jul 29, 2023
Satazaa:
infact the Honda civic is so fuel efficient that I bought a full tank exactly a week ago and have been very busy and the fuel is just slightly less than half, bro believe no car beats the civic

Which particular Generation/Year Civic?
Re: List Of Cars With Good Fuel Economy by chukel(m): 8:51pm On Jul 29, 2023
Ford escape

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars / Kenyan Man Transforms Mercedes Benz To A Rolls Royce (Photos) / 10 Crazily Expensive Cars Left Abandoned By Their Owners (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.