Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,106 members, 7,811,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:56 PM

Traders Protest Against Enugu Government For Sealing Ogbete Market - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Traders Protest Against Enugu Government For Sealing Ogbete Market (11666 Views)

Supreme Court Dismisses APC/Nnaji's Suit Against Enugu Gov, upholds Mbah / Trader Shot Dead At Ogbete Market, Enugu During Protest (Graphic Photos) / Oyingbo Market Traders Protest Against Folashade Tinubu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traders Protest Against Enugu Government For Sealing Ogbete Market by PDPdestroyer(m): 1:16pm On Jul 26, 2023
Sanwo-Olu should open their shops and stop this unwarranted harassment of Igbos in Enugu grin

1 Like

Re: Traders Protest Against Enugu Government For Sealing Ogbete Market by Mosba: 1:18pm On Jul 26, 2023
Where two elephants fight, the grass suffers. This is government punishing people for obeying Ekpa and if people obey government Ekpa boys will kill them or destroy their things. I pity these people sa.
Re: Traders Protest Against Enugu Government For Sealing Ogbete Market by benjackugo: 1:18pm On Jul 26, 2023
U dee see
Re: Traders Protest Against Enugu Government For Sealing Ogbete Market by AsomughaChuks05: 1:20pm On Jul 26, 2023
If the traders all come out on Monday in unison to trade, will IPOB terrorists kill all of them? If they don't trust IPOB to let them trade in peace, what does that say about the Biafra dream IPOB have brainwashed some deluded Igbos to believe? Enugu residents need to curb their cowardice.

1 Like

Re: Traders Protest Against Enugu Government For Sealing Ogbete Market by ipobarecriminals: 1:23pm On Jul 26, 2023
angry those nuisance should go back šŸ” and sleep. SIT @HOME ongoing cheesy
Re: Traders Protest Against Enugu Government For Sealing Ogbete Market by HAJJIMUKHTAR: 1:23pm On Jul 26, 2023
yamunla:
Mumu governor..

You carry security go lock shops.

But you did not provide security for people to open shops on monday..

So you want those terrorist to kill your citizen like fly..

Anu mpama
who be the terrorists bro....?

1 Like

Re: Traders Protest Against Enugu Government For Sealing Ogbete Market by Gucciswaz: 1:27pm On Jul 26, 2023
Fsboperator3:
Why dem no protest against IPOB that has been locking their shops for over 3ys now
u are a mumu man

1 Like

Re: Traders Protest Against Enugu Government For Sealing Ogbete Market by Gucciswaz: 1:30pm On Jul 26, 2023
Kingpele:
Yea and police killed two traders and many sustained various degrees of bullet wounds..well my friend do business in that ogbete main market..when I called him ..he said that the problem is that the chairman of the market is a big sycophant and always asslick the foolish governor of enugu state MBA...instead of focusing on government..this dwarf from ebony state who is now governor of peaceful enugu state is bent on setting up Enugu citizens to be attacked by unknown gunmen...every human being have freedom of movement. If u want to go to your own private business or not is personal choices of people...forcing people out is not the solution...as long as NK is still in jail ..people will be afraid to come out on Mondays.. otti of abia state is busy with projects while Peter mba is busy with sit at home
what the government DNT know is that they can force the masses in but can't force them out..
Re: Traders Protest Against Enugu Government For Sealing Ogbete Market by soetantaiwo(m): 1:30pm On Jul 26, 2023
To be candid with ourselves, igbo can't rule Nigeria because they don't want peace..They regard peace as enemy...

2 Likes

Re: Traders Protest Against Enugu Government For Sealing Ogbete Market by Diligence: 1:31pm On Jul 26, 2023
I'm trying to process this: I operate/open my shops 6 days in a week, and I choose to rest on Monday, how is that Enugu State Govt's busi. Na so U take cry more than the bereaved?

1 Like

Re: Traders Protest Against Enugu Government For Sealing Ogbete Market by Otasikwe(m): 1:33pm On Jul 26, 2023
Kingpele:
Yea and police killed two traders and many sustained various degrees of bullet wounds..well my friend do business in that ogbete main market..when I called him ..he said that the problem is that the chairman of the market is a big sycophant and always asslick the foolish governor of enugu state MBA...instead of focusing on government..this dwarf from ebony state who is now governor of peaceful enugu state is bent on setting up Enugu citizens to be attacked by unknown gunmen...every human being have freedom of movement. If u want to go to your own private business or not is personal choices of people...forcing people out is not the solution...as long as NK is still in jail ..people will be afraid to come out on Mondays.. otti of abia state is busy with projects while Peter mba is busy with sit at home
i hate this tribe called igbo with passion imagine this human called a governor dwarf from the Ebonyi man dat govern enugu state and average igbo person see a follow human as nothing except their self only

1 Like

Re: Traders Protest Against Enugu Government For Sealing Ogbete Market by seborrhic: 1:40pm On Jul 26, 2023
Fsboperator3:
Why dem no protest against IPOB that has been locking their shops for over 3ys now
So they can come out to protest despite the 2 week sit-at-home,but couldn't open their shops.
Unless some of these traders belong to ESN,I don't see how ESN with maybe just 10 men,even though armed,can force a market of at least 5000 traders,on a wide expanse of space,to not open.
There coming out also shows their hypocrisy.
But the government should give them another chance to open and remain open.

2 Likes

Re: Traders Protest Against Enugu Government For Sealing Ogbete Market by Fsboperator3: 1:45pm On Jul 26, 2023
seborrhic:

So they can come out to protest despite the 2 week sit-at-home,but couldn't open their shops.
Unless some of these traders belong to ESN,I don't see how ESN with maybe just 10 men,even though armed,can force a market of at least 5000 traders,on a wide expanse of space,to not open.
There coming out also shows their hypocrisy.
But the government should give them another chance to open and remain open.

It's in these markets that IPOB has its support base.

They can lock shop for IPOB but will protest state govt clamping down on the illegal sit at home order.

1 Like

Re: Traders Protest Against Enugu Government For Sealing Ogbete Market by Hope1986: 1:53pm On Jul 26, 2023
It seems my people are enjoying the sit at home.

2 Likes

Re: Traders Protest Against Enugu Government For Sealing Ogbete Market by Oakenshield: 2:01pm On Jul 26, 2023
Why don't the protest sit at home but protest government trying to help them

1 Like

Re: Traders Protest Against Enugu Government For Sealing Ogbete Market by Realguyman1(m): 2:05pm On Jul 26, 2023
Fsboperator3:
And why should they be protesting against a terrorist group? A group that will only end up shooting them if they catch them protesting.

Since the existence of boko haram and bandits in the North, have u ever seen them protest about it for once?
Re: Traders Protest Against Enugu Government For Sealing Ogbete Market by Okoroawusa: 2:07pm On Jul 26, 2023
But they can't protest against IPOB. Sometimes some slaves love their chains. The governor should leave them alone abeg
Re: Traders Protest Against Enugu Government For Sealing Ogbete Market by warlordd(m): 2:22pm On Jul 26, 2023
yamunla:
Mumu governor..
You carry security go lock shops.
But you did not provide security for people to open shops on monday..
So you want those terrorist to kill your citizen like fly..
Anu mpama
Markets have their own security. So u don't know what u are saying.
Re: Traders Protest Against Enugu Government For Sealing Ogbete Market by kosiebe(m): 2:29pm On Jul 26, 2023
See them shouting singing, while on Monday you will not see any single soul outside. You can't protests against unknown gunmen and ipob but you can protests against government. Nonsense people
Re: Traders Protest Against Enugu Government For Sealing Ogbete Market by warlordd(m): 2:30pm On Jul 26, 2023
xynerise:
The Enugu state Governor is so foolish he couldn't think with his Brain. How can one be so insensitive to the killings and torture of his people doing business during sit at home without you providing Security and they decided to stay at home to avoid deaths and torture. All you could do is to torture them the more.

What kind of imbeciles do we even have as leaders? Omo, who even swear for this country?

Governor Mbah did the right thing. Those that do not want to open their shops on mondays should lose it because they are encouraging the dumb sit at home.
Re: Traders Protest Against Enugu Government For Sealing Ogbete Market by histemple: 2:33pm On Jul 26, 2023
sexyking1:
In as much as I'm against the sit at home, the government scored an own goal in locking people's shop. The problem is not people opening their shops, but providing security to guard their goods. The last sit at home, motorcycles and Keke were burnt, and I'm sure the government will not empower them, but they will force them to come out and get their selves killed. Even the governor's filling station is always on lock on Monday.

Don't mind the interim Governor.
Re: Traders Protest Against Enugu Government For Sealing Ogbete Market by droid9: 2:39pm On Jul 26, 2023
Thatā€™s what happens when you steal power, you completely loose touch. You canā€™t even govern a local government let alone a state.
You asked people to come out and they did, they where attacked, cars where stolen, people where shot at and security operatives could not defend them.

They completely lost confidence in you then you resulted to force them to open, what law and authority do you have over private businesses that enables you to lock their shops if they donā€™t open? Next Monday go and lock them again and see what people will do.

1 Like

Re: Traders Protest Against Enugu Government For Sealing Ogbete Market by JB4life: 2:39pm On Jul 26, 2023
AsomughaChuks05:
If the traders all come out on Monday in unison to trade, will IPOB terrorists kill all of them? If they don't trust IPOB to let them trade in peace, what does that say about the Biafra dream IPOB have brainwashed some deluded Igbos to believe? Enugu residents need to curb their cowardice.

We are not ready to lose a single soul to known danger in South-East.
Life is not for gambling.
Re: Traders Protest Against Enugu Government For Sealing Ogbete Market by warlordd(m): 2:39pm On Jul 26, 2023
[quote author=Kingpele post=124669580]Yea and police killed two traders and many sustained various degrees of bullet wounds..well my friend do business in that ogbete main market..when I called him ..he said that the problem is that the chairman of the market is a big sycophant and always asslick the foolish governor of enugu state MBA...instead of focusing on government..this dwarf from ebony state who is now governor of peaceful enugu state is bent on setting up Enugu citizens to be attacked by u a
Re: Traders Protest Against Enugu Government For Sealing Ogbete Market by ubimagos: 2:41pm On Jul 26, 2023
San-wonlu self! Let marketer men & women breath.
Re: Traders Protest Against Enugu Government For Sealing Ogbete Market by KosiGee(m): 2:43pm On Jul 26, 2023
okeysoninv:
Ipob induced protest. Protesting against removal of sit at home order by a terrorist
They all deserved to be shot well well. Governor has been begging , pleading even held several meetings with this traders to open shop on Mondays yet they refused because of one criminal that's under custody of DSS. They said he should go and ask soludo how far. See where it has ended now. They should go and pay the 100k fine.

You are always hallucinating, paranoid and full of rubbish. What kind of air do you breathe? You are the one posting all sorts of nonsense about some visions and ā€˜prophesiesā€™ that was revealed to your messed up mind.

Have you ever been to Enugu? Have you been to Ogbete main market before? Do you know what those traders go through or the losses they make every Monday? Have you met any of those traders to know how they feel?
You are such a confused human being.

1 Like

Re: Traders Protest Against Enugu Government For Sealing Ogbete Market by Creamypie(m): 3:02pm On Jul 26, 2023
Fsboperator3:
I have asked myself this question many times

1 Like

Re: Traders Protest Against Enugu Government For Sealing Ogbete Market by Nairastake: 3:03pm On Jul 26, 2023
Fsboperator3:

See reasoning... Why should we protest against IPOB? Are we paying them to secure our lives and properties like we do to the Government?
Re: Traders Protest Against Enugu Government For Sealing Ogbete Market by fareed69(m): 4:49pm On Jul 26, 2023
sexyking1:
In as much as I'm against the sit at home, the government scored an own goal in locking people's shop. The problem is not people opening their shops, but providing security to guard their goods. The last sit at home, motorcycles and Keke were burnt, and I'm sure the government will not empower them, but they will force them to come out and get their selves killed. Even the governor's filling station is always on lock on Monday.

God bless you
Re: Traders Protest Against Enugu Government For Sealing Ogbete Market by xynerise: 4:50pm On Jul 26, 2023
warlordd:

Governor Mbah did the right thing. Those that do not want to open their shops on mondays should lose it because they are encouraging the dumb sit at home.

You don't know what you are saying

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Good Time To Have Correct Census Of Igbos In Igboland / Moghalu: Refusal Of Buhari's Ministers To Resign Indicates Selfishness / Rivers Lawmaker Calls Gov. Wikeā€™s 2019 Budget Another Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.