Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,193 members, 7,815,161 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

“Any Girl Who Asks You For Transport Money Is A Useless Girl” – Pastor Mildred - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / “Any Girl Who Asks You For Transport Money Is A Useless Girl” – Pastor Mildred (22292 Views)

Mildred Okonkwo: You Can't Be Angry At Pastors Flying Jets / lbiyeomie: Anyone Who Asks You To Bring Coconut For Deliverance Is A Magician / Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

“Any Girl Who Asks You For Transport Money Is A Useless Girl” – Pastor Mildred by saphiere(f): 11:26am On Jul 26, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjx1HTblKoI

In a recent statement that has ignited a wave of controversy, Pastor Mrs. Mildred Kingsley-Okonkwo, the esteemed wife of Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo, founder and lead pastor of David Christian Centre (DCC) in Lagos State, has urged men to refrain from sending transportation money to women when inviting them for visits. Her bold assertion has stirred debates on social media and within the religious community.

During a sermon at the DCC church premises last Sunday, Pastor Mrs. Mildred Kingsley-Okonkwo expressed her concerns over the practice of men offering transportation funds to women to come visit them, terming any woman who requests such financial assistance as “useless.” She further emphasized the need for both men and women to uphold their dignity and self-respect.

The statement has generated mixed reactions from different quarters. While some individuals laud the pastor’s stance, believing it promotes self-reliance and discourages exploitative behavior, others criticize it as being judgmental and failing to consider individual circumstances.

Supporters of Pastor Mildred Kingsley-Okonkwo argue that her message aligns with the principles of personal responsibility and independence, promoting equal footing in relationships. They contend that both men and women should be capable of taking care of their own transportation needs without relying on the opposite gender.

However, opponents of the pastor’s advice express concerns about its potential to perpetuate gender stereotypes and overlook financial disparities that may exist between men and women. They argue that not all women who seek transportation assistance are “useless,” but may face genuine challenges that make self-transportation difficult.

The pastor’s call has also opened discussions on societal norms and expectations regarding gender roles and responsibilities in relationships. Many netizens have taken to social media platforms to voice their opinions, with hashtags like #TransportFareDebate and #EqualResponsibilities trending on Twitter.

As the discussions continue to gain momentum, some experts suggest that fostering open communication and understanding between genders is crucial to promote healthy relationships based on mutual respect and support. They emphasize that discussions surrounding financial matters should be approached with empathy, recognizing the complexities of individual circumstances.

Despite the controversy, Pastor Mrs. Mildred Kingsley-Okonkwo remains resolute in her stance, urging her congregation and followers to embrace a mindset of self-sufficiency and mutual respect in relationships.

In conclusion, this contentious statement by the pastor’s wife has sparked a significant debate, highlighting the importance of addressing gender dynamics and financial expectations within modern relationships. As the discussions continue, the call for empathy and open communication is likely to remain at the forefront of the ongoing discourse.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CvJ-tm0pZ1W/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: “Any Girl Who Asks You For Transport Money Is A Useless Girl” – Pastor Mildred by saphiere(f): 11:26am On Jul 26, 2023
Any man who invites a lady to his house and does not provide transportation fare is more useless than the lady who asks for transportation money. Why would you initiate a visit if you are not ready to take the responsibility?

Osashalom:

When the men visit you, do you also give them transportation fare?
Good question.
I will give him transportation fare if;

1. I initiated the invitation.
2. His coming is for my own good.

But if he just wake up and start coming to my place uninvited he will bear the cost of transportation and even feeding.

We all know that no Nigerian girl will just wake up and start going to a man's house.

These men always initiate the invite.
They tell the ladies to come probably for their own selfish reason so they should pay.

If the cost of pleasure is expensive, try the cost of displeasure
Nefort:

You can also invite your man to your place if you can't afford transport fare. Oh sorry... I actually forgot a broke person still can't afford a personal apartment.
Care to know why we ladies don't invite men to our places? It is because they are of no value to us. So it's needless inviting them.

Men NEED women while women only WANT men. Know this and know peace.

And concerning having apartment, FYI, over 70% of families in Nigeria today, the wives are the one paying the rents...
haybee2018:

lazy a33 b**tches!....they're EVERYWHERE....they see everything as man's responsibility. Guess heaven will fall if u transport yourself down to his place bah?
Entitlement mentality nor go kill una....na my fellow guys i blame sha as konji na bastard @times...even if the guy in question won't demand for sex at your arrival, what's the BIG DEAL in spending your own money? na una type go eventually enta man house dey wait for husband to arrive from work before una go fit buy ORDINARY matches. Mtcheeewww!
Transport myself to his place and still get raped? Hmmm! Oga you try.
DON'T ORDER FOR SOMETHING IF YOU ARE NOT READY TO BUY. THAT'S THE SIMPLE MESSAGE I AM TRYING TO PASS

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “Any Girl Who Asks You For Transport Money Is A Useless Girl” – Pastor Mildred by dododawa1: 11:26am On Jul 26, 2023
Yes

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Any Girl Who Asks You For Transport Money Is A Useless Girl” – Pastor Mildred by talented321: 11:30am On Jul 26, 2023
Madam wear helmet and bullet proof'' they are coming for u, iconicR and co
Always asking tfare before visit one s boyfriends doesn't mean u are intelligent or fast'' it only show u are cheap.

109 Likes 6 Shares

Re: “Any Girl Who Asks You For Transport Money Is A Useless Girl” – Pastor Mildred by Depriest2020: 11:32am On Jul 26, 2023
saphiere:
Any man who invites a lady to his house and does not provide transportation fare is more useless than the lady who asks for transportation money. Why would you initiate a visit if you are not ready to take the responsibility?
See one of them here.

173 Likes 5 Shares

Re: “Any Girl Who Asks You For Transport Money Is A Useless Girl” – Pastor Mildred by Depriest2020: 11:34am On Jul 26, 2023
saphiere:
So this small play wey pastor Mildred play with you don dey vex you?

116 Likes 6 Shares

Re: “Any Girl Who Asks You For Transport Money Is A Useless Girl” – Pastor Mildred by CannibalTorment: 11:35am On Jul 26, 2023
Who date a prostitute that exchange money for sex

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: “Any Girl Who Asks You For Transport Money Is A Useless Girl” – Pastor Mildred by insidelife22(m): 11:36am On Jul 26, 2023
DevilishMan:

Stay in your house and starve to death.
Otilo.

I comot cap for you.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Any Girl Who Asks You For Transport Money Is A Useless Girl” – Pastor Mildred by tonytony208(m): 11:37am On Jul 26, 2023
saphiere:

If you don't have transport to visit someone you are dating, what you need is a job and not a relationship.

A full grown adult expecting another adult to pay her transport fare. Rubbish

238 Likes 24 Shares

Re: “Any Girl Who Asks You For Transport Money Is A Useless Girl” – Pastor Mildred by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 26, 2023
saphiere:
broke girls are the problem of nigeria

114 Likes 6 Shares

Re: “Any Girl Who Asks You For Transport Money Is A Useless Girl” – Pastor Mildred by Candidlady: 12:00pm On Jul 26, 2023
Hmmmm

zangaozanga:

While broke men are the problem of this world... Rubbish

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Any Girl Who Asks You For Transport Money Is A Useless Girl” – Pastor Mildred by Demayour: 12:23pm On Jul 26, 2023
saphiere:

Does relationship have nothing to do with the will and agreement between a couple again? Is transport fare the determinant of a relationship?

If she can't provide for her own transportation fare and she has to ask, what does that make her? A dignified individual?

Let men give that kind of money from their own will. That gives a woman self-respect and dignity in the relationship too.

15 Likes

Re: “Any Girl Who Asks You For Transport Money Is A Useless Girl” – Pastor Mildred by saphiere(f): 12:38pm On Jul 26, 2023
Demayour:

Does relationship have nothing to do with the will and agreement between a couple again? Is transport fare the determinant of a relationship?

If she can't provide for her own transportation fare and she has to ask, what does that make her? A dignified individual?

Let men give that kind of money from their own will. That gives a woman self-respect and dignity in the relationship too.
Let's everyone stay in their houses. STOP THE INVITE!!!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “Any Girl Who Asks You For Transport Money Is A Useless Girl” – Pastor Mildred by saphiere(f): 12:42pm On Jul 26, 2023
zangaozanga:
Few days ago some bunch of useless NL men called me a gold digger because I admired LeBron James' son.

Ñow tell me, what the ratio of Nigerian men who marry old white women to that of Nigerian women who marry old white men?

Nigerian men have first class in gold digging.
wirinet:

Most Nigerian men who marry old white women do so for Green Card and not gold digging. You will find out that they abandon the old white women for younger black women once they obtain the green card. Meanwhile, the reverse is the case for Nigerian women marrying old white (or black) men. Its all about the gold.
They do so for the white women's wealth. Ever heard a Nigerian man married a poor white woman?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Any Girl Who Asks You For Transport Money Is A Useless Girl” – Pastor Mildred by saphiere(f): 12:43pm On Jul 26, 2023
tonytony208:

If you don't have transport to visit someone you are dating, what you need is a job and not a relationship.

A full grown adult expecting another adult to pay her transport fare. Rubbish
If you don't have a transport to give to a girl you're dating, stop inviting her to your house. Stay in your space.
After all, there's no tangible thing you're inviting her for aside seex

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Any Girl Who Asks You For Transport Money Is A Useless Girl” – Pastor Mildred by saphiere(f): 12:45pm On Jul 26, 2023
DevilishMan:

Stay in your house and starve to death.
Stay in your hole and seex starve to death

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Any Girl Who Asks You For Transport Money Is A Useless Girl” – Pastor Mildred by saphiere(f): 1:25pm On Jul 26, 2023
tonytony208:

If you have to wait on the person you are dating for transport fare, then you are a broke wretched bitch.

If the only thing men think about when they invite you is sex, then it means that's all you are good for.

It isn't my fault that sex is the only thing that makes you relevant.
Seun lalasticlala nlfpmod Dominique justwise
Insulting a nairalander.
Rule 2.
Please mods I beg of you do something.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: “Any Girl Who Asks You For Transport Money Is A Useless Girl” – Pastor Mildred by tonytony208(m): 1:42pm On Jul 26, 2023
saphiere:
Seun lalasticlala nlfpmod Dominique justwise
Insulting a nairalander.
Rule 2.
Please mods I beg of you do something.

Lolz. Why are you suddenly crying?

I'm only replying you accordingly.

You said sex is the only reason why men invite you and I said it isn't my fault that the only thing men see in you is sex machine.

Why then are you wailing?

117 Likes 10 Shares

Re: “Any Girl Who Asks You For Transport Money Is A Useless Girl” – Pastor Mildred by FalseProphet1(m): 2:53pm On Jul 26, 2023
Giving transport money to girls is a norm in Nigeria. Most especially if konji is holding you and you know that the girls wouldn't come if you don't give her Tfare. We're not complaining.

So mummy GO should take it easy.

This I have seen.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Any Girl Who Asks You For Transport Money Is A Useless Girl” – Pastor Mildred by Gotocourt: 2:53pm On Jul 26, 2023
tongue
Re: “Any Girl Who Asks You For Transport Money Is A Useless Girl” – Pastor Mildred by Fruitful3(f): 2:53pm On Jul 26, 2023
May God help us in this country

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Any Girl Who Asks You For Transport Money Is A Useless Girl” – Pastor Mildred by Dotherightthing: 2:54pm On Jul 26, 2023
Yeah
Re: “Any Girl Who Asks You For Transport Money Is A Useless Girl” – Pastor Mildred by Roger3D(m): 2:54pm On Jul 26, 2023
How can a woman even be the pastor of a church? Such nonsense!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Any Girl Who Asks You For Transport Money Is A Useless Girl” – Pastor Mildred by id4sho(m): 2:54pm On Jul 26, 2023
We are the price tongue

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Any Girl Who Asks You For Transport Money Is A Useless Girl” – Pastor Mildred by haveMONEY: 2:54pm On Jul 26, 2023
Oil dey ur head

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Atheists Protected By New Law That Obama Signed / 61st Independence: Primate Ayodele Releases Prophetic Messages / Six Important Things Every Christain Nigerian Youth Should Avoid .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.