Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,811 members, 7,817,356 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 - Sports (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 (74037 Views)

Nigeria Vs Australia : FIFA Women World Cup (3 - 2) On 27th July 2023 / AFCON 2021: Rep Of Guinea Vs Malawi (1 - 0) On 10th January 2022 / Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by helinues: 12:59pm On Jul 31, 2023
DevilishMan:
What a disgrace!!

Nigeria had the opportunity to top the group for the first time ever but they blew it.

They could have played a smaller opposition in the next stage but they will meet England.

Look at them celebrating a loss.

Mehn Africa is very cursed!!

I doubt if you fit jog ball 10 times

grin cheesy

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by Confiture: 12:59pm On Jul 31, 2023
Aussie 4 vs Canada 0

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by TemitayoMark: 12:59pm On Jul 31, 2023
How this sluggish Nigerian team beat Australia still baffles me. This Australian team na real cracker wey sabi play. I just hope our team will improve in the next match. We no play good football at all, underperform and no technical display

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by sterlingD(m): 12:59pm On Jul 31, 2023
tonididdy:
Women’s football can be torture to watch sometimes 🤦‍♂️
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by OriOko88(m): 12:59pm On Jul 31, 2023
FIFA really underate us sha. How will fifa rank us 48 in d world. This super falcon can hold on any of the top ten teams and even beat them. I like our defensive approach. Any team wey go beat us in d tournament will surely sweat. Comon girls!!

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by Billionaire2: 12:59pm On Jul 31, 2023
Australia
Canada
Ireland
Nigeria

….. and we made it 💪

My girls made me proud

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by N3TRAL: 1:00pm On Jul 31, 2023
DevilishMan:
What a disgrace!!

Nigeria had the opportunity to top the group for the first time ever but they blew it.

They could have played a smaller opposition in the next stage but they will meet England.

Appreciate those girls. The header from Kanu which the Irish keeper stopped was world class for women's football.

They can beat England if they go with a strong mindset and strategy.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by MT: 1:00pm On Jul 31, 2023
Nigeria needs to raise their games. I want to believe they were so cautious due to the precarious state they were at the start of the game.

They have to be highly tactical if they will be meeting England, who are more tactically and technically sound.

I wish Oshoala could start from the bench and introduced into the game later.

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by seunlayi(m): 1:00pm On Jul 31, 2023
This is super falcon 2nd to the last game in this championship. England will always teach us something

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by donem: 1:01pm On Jul 31, 2023
Super Falcons just played like their brothers the super Eagles/Chickens.

As a staunch supporter of Oshoala, she is yet to have a sublime performance, since the commencement of this world cup, even today her performance was nothing to write home about, and she ended up getting a needless yellow card after scoring an error induced goal in our last match.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by Xscape1993(m): 1:01pm On Jul 31, 2023
Congratulations to our girls!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by lordprogress: 1:01pm On Jul 31, 2023
helinues:

They have only scored 2 goals in this competition meaning they don't make use of their chances, that's what our platwrs can capitalize on when we meet them
They are the European champions it would have been better if we won today and avoid them for now.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by SHOCK7(m): 1:01pm On Jul 31, 2023
DevilishMan:
What a disgrace!!

Stupid comment, no sense of appreciation for the hard work

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by orohbiro(f): 1:02pm On Jul 31, 2023
Nigeria is out second round is a formality Nigeria 0 England 5 then we coke home
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by SHOCK7(m): 1:03pm On Jul 31, 2023
EniHolar:

Werey!

So you still dey alive
Hello Eni
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by denzel231: 1:04pm On Jul 31, 2023
DevilishMan:
What a disgrace!!

U re the one cursed ....
They played well and qualified..
Open mouth waaah..

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by chicogentil(m): 1:04pm On Jul 31, 2023
tonididdy:
Women’s football can be torture to watch sometimes 🤦‍♂️
Honestly, I thought I was the only one who noticed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by Princezibk: 1:04pm On Jul 31, 2023
DevilishMan:
What a disgrace!!

Look at them celebrating a loss.you’re the biggest reason Africa is cursed … The girls played well , never lost and advanced with their heads high and you here spewing trash… you’re indeed more than a devil 👿

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by sterlingD(m): 1:05pm On Jul 31, 2023
oloriooko:
2 draws and 1 win in a group purpoted to be dominated by Aus and Can, weldone gals we are so proud of you
we go to the next stage being the first african country to make it beyond the group stage
congrats super falcons!
Seriously and honestly unbelievable

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by FBS: 1:06pm On Jul 31, 2023
Guess they were playing for a draw and they got just that.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by Chidywhite: 1:06pm On Jul 31, 2023
Suspect33:
These ones should do and come back home, there's no team in this competition that's beating Japan. Those girls will even beat our men's national team grin grin
Hope they are straight, not transgender?. (LGBTQ).

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 1:06pm On Jul 31, 2023
TemitayoMark:
How this sluggish Nigerian team beat Australia still baffles me. This Australian team na real cracker wey sabi play. I just hope our team will improve in the next match. We no play good football at all, underperform and no technical display
NFF Neva pay them their allowances
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by FBS: 1:06pm On Jul 31, 2023
chicogentil:

Honestly, I thought I was the only one who noticed.
Hahhaahahaha. 🤣🤣
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by Omoawoke2(m): 1:07pm On Jul 31, 2023
DevilishMan:
What a disgrace!!

Everyone thought we would come last in the group .

But I get your point, they could have won this game and top that group but those teams aren’t easy teams, they are the top ranked teams in the world

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by Emy2020: 1:07pm On Jul 31, 2023
seunlayi:
This is super falcon 2nd to the last game in this championship. England will always teach us something
Nigeria always playing with no good sharp pass like other does 😠
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by Yankee101: 1:07pm On Jul 31, 2023
Likely nigeria (2b) vs England (likely 1d)
Denmark should come second in group D
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jul 31, 2023
DevilishMan:
What a disgrace!!

who told you Denmark is easy..I prefer England oga

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by o42austino(m): 1:10pm On Jul 31, 2023
Thank God for the reward, nice one girls

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by humberjade: 1:11pm On Jul 31, 2023
MT:

England, China and Denmark all have realistic hope of qualification from their group. Their last match will decide it.

England is topping the group without doubt, and they need just a draw to achieve that.
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by Rumundele(m): 1:12pm On Jul 31, 2023
Suspect33:
These ones should do and come back home, there's no team in this competition that's beating Japan. Those girls will even beat our men's national team grin grin
You no well o, our U17 will defeat them.
No matter what men is still men.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:13pm On Jul 31, 2023
DevilishMan:
What a disgrace!!

Don't worry if either china beat England or Denmark win Haiti by more than 2 goals we will avoid England and play either of the 2. That should be fair enough for you. wink

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by chymeze: 1:16pm On Jul 31, 2023
What exactly is this Nigerian team celebrating for? They played one of the weakest teams in this tournament and could only scrape a draw even when they had the chance to win this group. To me, this team is a huge failure. Their play was horrible. Couldn't create consistently good chances against this team. I don't see this Nigerian team going past the next round. They might end up being disgraced. I was really embarrassed that they were even rejoicing over a draw against a little team like Ireland. Australia and Canada should have gone through in my opinion

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 / Why We Banned Siasia For Life, By FIFA / World Cup: Rohr Reacts As Okocha Criticizes 4-2-3-1 Formation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.